The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some of them can be traded for according to the Wiki.

This takes a while, sadly.

In the end, it takes time, and depending on your setups and such, or level, etc, It could take a lot of it.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

The items being unlocked seems to be progression based. I could be wrong, though.

No like, i literally can't buy the Colony 6 items from Time Attack. I know you can, i just don't know when.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Behold! MechaGodzilla... Unit-01.

Haha, that's pretty neat.

This isn't the only time Godzilla has crossed over with Evangelion too. Hideaki Anno directed Shin Godzilla and i recently learned that there was a concernt celebrating both Shin Godzilla and Evangelion.

Also it seems the Godzilla in Cross-Omega is the Godzilla 2000 and Godzilla vs Megaguirius incarnations (both seperate continuities, they just used the same design).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some of them can be traded for according to the Wiki.

Oh yeah, i've know that. Trading is too tied to NPC Affinity though so i usually never did it.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No like, i literally can't buy the Colony 6 items from Time Attack. I know you can, i just don't know when.

Right, I think it depends on how far you are in game. They arent all readily available. Also, congrats on getting to the fallen arm!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Also, congrats on getting to the fallen arm!

Thanks.

Now that i've gotten all the party members, i've decided to dive deep into the sidequests before continuing the story. Especially since certain ones will expire after a certain point. Best part, all that EXP will be stockpiled, so i can use it to overlevel myself when i have to fight the insolence bitch later in the game. Because that is the one part of the game i am not looking forward to.

Just now, Armagon said:

Thanks.

Now that i've gotten all the party members, i've decided to dive deep into the sidequests before continuing the story. Especially since certain ones will expire after a certain point. Best part, all that EXP will be stockpiled, so i can use it to overlevel myself when i have to fight the insolence bitch later in the game. Because that is the one part of the game i am not looking forward to.

Wait, that's the best boss fight! 

Joking aside, I didn't have any trouble at that part, as long as you are in control of Melia, it's a cinch. What level are you at right now?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Joking aside, I didn't have any trouble at that part, as long as you are in control of Melia, it's a cinch. What level are you at right now?

Max level i have right now is around 53 but i'm deleveling a lot so i can get the full EXP gains from UMs and such.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Max level i have right now is around 53 but i'm deleveling a lot so i can get the full EXP gains from UMs and such.

Oh, okay, that's the average, I believe. So, how often do you gem craft? 😝

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

So, how often do you gem craft? 😝

IMG_20200122_203744.jpg

Not very often. I still don't understand how it actually works. I just throw crystals in and see if it works.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200122_203744.jpg

Not very often. I still don't understand how it actually works. I just throw crystals in and see if it works.

I could try? To explain it? What dont you understand about it? Also, I love the new UI they have for it, it looks gorgeous!

I have just arrived at Makna Forest, so here is my updated playtime at the end of each chapter:

• Chapter 1 (Colony 9): 2:16
  • Chapter 2 (Mechon Attack): 2:58
  • Chapter 3 (Tephra Cave): 3:48
  • Chapter 4 (Bionis' Leg): 6:39
  • Chapter 5 (Ether Mine): 10:29
  • Chapter 6 (Satorl Marsh): 13:12

I wonder what I did that made Chapter 5 last almost four hours. I remember doing sidequests in Colony 9 and the Refugee Camp, and I had some trouble going through the Ether Mine but I didn't think I took that long.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I have just arrived at Makna Forest, so here is my updated playtime at the end of each chapter:

• Chapter 1 (Colony 9): 2:16
  • Chapter 2 (Mechon Attack): 2:58
  • Chapter 3 (Tephra Cave): 3:48
  • Chapter 4 (Bionis' Leg): 6:39
  • Chapter 5 (Ether Mine): 10:29
  • Chapter 6 (Satorl Marsh): 13:12

I wonder what I did that made Chapter 5 last almost four hours. I remember doing sidequests in Colony 9 and the Refugee Camp, and I had some trouble going through the Ether Mine but I didn't think I took that long.

That's not bad at all! And congrats on making that far!

Curious, what's you guy's favorite parts about the game? Whether its graphic updates, the story, etc.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I could try? To explain it? What dont you understand about it?

The whole thing. I know that you get Gems after reaching or exceeding 100% and there's some stuff you get for 200% and 300% but that's about it. I don't understand any of this Gentle/Medium/Strong flame stuff. The only other thing i know is that Affinity determines how many turns you get.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The whole thing. I know that you get Gems after reaching or exceeding 100% and there's some stuff you get for 200% and 300% but that's about it. I don't understand any of this Gentle/Medium/Strong flame stuff. The only other thing i know is that Affinity determines how many turns you get.

You can see the wheel change colors as you craft, Red =strong blue = medium green = gentle. Say your trying to craft a strength up gem, which is red. So Reyn, who has strong flame, is good for this, since obviously, he's got strong as his boon. Well, in that case, Reyn is good on either side, obviously a poor strong flame makes it harder.

Also, you want to try and get your gems to as close to 100% as you can beforehand, so mixing things like 90% and 99% together is preferable.  You put less in to make it easier to craft, as well. 

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'll repost what I wrote here before, if it helps:

Part 1: How to Make the Cylinders You Need

Everything, after you decide what Gems you want to make from what qualities you have, begins with the choice of Shooter and Engineer.

Use Seven for the Shooter to increase your number of obtained Cylinders. Use Riki as Engineer because his bad Strong and Medium Flames means he hardly increases the quality of each trait. Keep these two out of battle and with low Affinity between each other if possible, to minimize the number of turns crafting they get.

Using that duo: 

1. Save before starting your Gem creation because it is luck-based, even if you can increase your chances of Mega Heat. Do this as frequently as you think is needed over the course of the entire process.
  2. Pick the enemy drops and raw crystals with the traits you want, but avoid making their starting quality too high. So don't throw them in at 80% in one quality. Use filler crystals with undesired qualities if need be to avoid this.
  3. Let Seven and Riki get to work, if the desired qualities exceed 100%, reset. If not, collect the desired cylinders when the process ends.
  4. If the cylinders are too low in their percentages, throw them back into the furnace with Seven and Riki until you get them high enough, ideally 99%, but 70-90 will do. Again, use filler crystals with nothing desirable if needed to lower the chances of getting 100% on what qualities you want.

Obtain two cylinders of the same quality with high percentages, or three if you can manage something like a 70-20-70.

Part 2: The Final Crafting- Achieving Mega Heat

Now, throw these two-three cylinders in the Ether Furnace, and only these cylinders. This way, if you get a Strong Flame, there is no choice but for it to boost this one quality.

But, do NOT use Seven-Riki. Their job is done for now. Now you need to focus on getting Mega Heat. And Mega Heat calls for entirely different team.

Instead, use Reyn as the Shooter, and Dunban as the Engineer. Maybe vice versa works, but you want these two. Make sure these two have high Affinity with each other, every turn at the furnace is another chance to get Mega Heat.

Dunban and Reyn both have higher chances of Strong Flames as the Engineer, which provides a larger boost to a single quality than Medium Flame does. The other will be able to strengthen the other's Strong Flames via their Shooter ability.

With these two well-bonded (and ideally they should be with everyone else) and one quality starting at 150-190% in the Ether Furnace, you'll have a great chance of reaching 300% for Mega Heat. It won't be guaranteed, so save beforehand, but it'll be far far, far higher than if you went in blind.

If you need me to explain the Flames individually:

• Strong- big boost to one quality
  • Medium- smaller boosts to many qualities
  • Weak- increases the cylinder gauge.

A better Flame of a specific type increases the likelihood of getting that Flame to trigger if that person is the Engineer.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

You can see the wheel change colors as you craft, Red =strong blue = medium green = gentle. Say your trying to craft a strength up gem, which is red. So Reyn, who has strong flame, is good for this, since obviously, he's got strong as his boon. Well, in that case, Reyn is good on either side, obviously a poor strong flame makes it harder.

But what about yellow crystals? How does the flames fit in then?

Use Seven for the Shooter to increase your number of obtained Cylinders. Use Riki as Engineer because his bad Strong and Medium Flames means he hardly increases the quality of each trait.

So for the first part, i should always be using these two for the best results? I see.

Instead, use Reyn as the Shooter, and Dunban as the Engineer. Maybe vice versa works, but you want these two. Make sure these two have high Affinity with each other, every turn at the furnace is another chance to get Mega Heat.

Might have to grind this out then. I haven't checked my party members' Affinities, all i know is that Sharla probably has the least with everyone on account of me benching her permamently after Dunban joined

Thanks, you two!

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But what about yellow crystals? How does the flames fit in then?

So for the first part, i should always be using these two for the best results? I see.

Might have to grind this out then. I haven't checked my party members' Affinities, all i know is that Sharla probably has the least with everyone on account of me benching her permamently after Dunban joined

Thanks, you two!

From what I can tell, it's just a mix of two colors, the same way you would normally mix them.

I'm not sure how the amount gained is determined, though. Besides it seems random. Sorry, I'm not the greatest at explaining things.

Alright, kept exploring the place up, visiting the Knick-knackatory and Dominicus's Dominion. Hmm, I'd say, I'm so used to Mini Medal rewards being on a cumulative basis, it's odd to see V using them as currency. Unlike, say, IV, they didn't change the system for its remakes. Well, on the plus side if I bother to grind for Mini Medals, then I can get multiple items. For now, I'm eyeing getting a Metal King Shield. Although, I have enough already for a Miracle Sword... nah, I'm sticking with saving up for the shield. I think it will be more useful on the long-term. Well, since neither place has a church to save the game, I went ahead to the Knot Welcome Inne in order to save. I think the Knick-knackatory did had a church, but was actually removed in the mobile version, surprisingly. I think it was because it was in the same room that was added in the DS version for some wi-fi related feature... whatever the DS had that is the equivalent of the 3DS's streetpass. Which is naturally not present in the mobile versions, so the room is gone. Oh well!

Okay, next time will be the last stretch to reach Gotha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I change my avatar, and every human being I know sends me Tamamo art, and I feel the want to change right back, so here we are, again.

Felix x Laura S. Arseid

C

Spoiler

C support

Laura: Hello Felix! I wanted to ask if you might have the time to train with me?

Felix: … What is this about all of the sudden!?

Laura: I just wanted to test the swordmanship of House Fraldarius. I have heared great things about the techniques of your family, so it would be a good opportunity to test my strength and to learn from you.

Felix: Pfft. And even if so, don’t you see that I’m busy with something else?  There are enough of kids in the campus you can play with your “knight games”.

Laura: Well… yeah… but none of shares a similar sword wield style as you have. I kinda have the feeling that you don’t appreciate me.

Felix: It’s not like that. I would have said the exact same to anyone else. It doesn’t make a difference for me at all that you that you use the same weapon as I do and even use similar techniques. I just don’t want to train with you, got it?

Laura: I see. Then may I ask the question, how are you so good in swords play, if you never train?

Felix: Hmpf… Why do you even try to intervene in my private stuff? And when did I say that I never train. I just told you that I don’t want to train with you. And this opinion about this hasn’t changed. So could you bother other people with your begging, please? I have to do right now.

Laura: … Very well.

the typical Felix C support

If you're curious how it'll turn out, then you will be as curious as I am because I have no idea what to do with B and A right now.

Edited by Falcom Knight

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

That's not bad at all! And congrats on making that far!

Curious, what's you guy's favorite parts about the game? Whether its graphic updates, the story, etc.

Thank you, and since you asked:

• Cosmetic gear! I'm glad that I can give my characters useful equipment without making them look silly.
  • Quest tracking! It kind of makes quests too easy, but it's better than spending hours looking for where you're supposed to go. I'm glad I don't need to look up where NPCs are at any given time... And there's now a shortcut to the quest list, which is convenient.
  • The graphics are great! Besides the main characters, the Faced Mechon got the biggest glow-up.
  • An event theater! Now I can rewatch cutscenes without looking them up online.
  • There's probably other stuff I'm forgetting to mention, but these are the main improvements.

There's another thing, but this one is a spoiler:

Spoiler

Alvis is Ontos! I don't think they changed anything else that would connect the game to XC2, but giving Alvis an Aegis core is enough of a confirmation since some people were oddly unconvinced before. If only we could get an Aegis family reunion...

I put 40 hours into the 3DS version despite just reaching Sword Valley, so I wonder how long it will take me to finish this version.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Thank you, and since you asked:

• Cosmetic gear! I'm glad that I can give my characters useful equipment without making them look silly.
  • Quest tracking! It kind of makes quests too easy, but it's better than spending hours looking for where you're supposed to go. I'm glad I don't need to look up where NPCs are at any given time... And there's now a shortcut to the quest list, which is convenient.
  • The graphics are great! Besides the main characters, the Faced Mechon got the biggest glow-up.
  • An event theater! Now I can rewatch cutscenes without looking them up online.
  • There's probably other stuff I'm forgetting to mention, but these are the main improvements.

There's another thing, but this one is a spoiler:

Hide contents

Alvis is Ontos! I don't think they changed anything else that would connect the game to XC2, but giving Alvis an Aegis core is enough of a confirmation since some people were oddly unconvinced before. If only we could get an Aegis family reunion...

I put 40 hours into the 3DS version despite just reaching Sword Valley, so I wonder how long it will take me to finish this version.

I can agree with pretty much all of that! And yes, the mechon needed the graphic updates and they look fabulous!

Spoiler

Yeah, I thought that was really neat that they added that in for Alvis too! Now if only we got more on his character. also, what are his ties to Zanza? I know he has that symbol Meyneth has on his back, but I don't see anything like that for Zanza.

Well, that depends on how much sidequests you do, and how much you explore. I tend to walk around a lot, looking at pretty views. etc, so it takes me longer than it should! But I finished pretty much everything besides 100% quests in about 85 hours.

mfw a boss I had trouble with at an earlier point in Blue Reflection suddenly comes back for another round, with higher HP and still with two phases
RelievedDefenselessHornshark-small.gif

mfw it got a third phase
77c6a7efce1b9d168062a07cf1deb48f8c546401

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Felix x Laura S. Arseid

C

Reveal hidden contents

C support

Laura: Hello Felix! I wanted to ask if you might have the time to train with me?

Felix: … What is this about all of the sudden!?

Laura: I just wanted to test the swordmanship of House Arundel. I have heared great things about the techniques of your family, so it would be a good opportunity to test my strength and to learn from you.

Felix: Pfft. And even if so, don’t you see that I’m busy with something else?  There are enough of kids in the campus you can play with your “knight games”.

Laura: Well… yeah… but none of shares a similar sword wield style as you have. I kinda have the feeling that you don’t appreciate me.

Felix: It’s not like that. I would have said the exact same to anyone else. It doesn’t make a difference for me at all that you that you use the same weapon as I do and even use similar techniques. I just don’t want to train with you, got it?

Laura: I see. Then may I ask the question, how are you so good in swords play, if you never train?

Felix: Hmpf… Why do you even try to intervene in my private stuff? And when did I say that I never train. I just told you that I don’t want to train with you. And this opinion about this hasn’t changed. So could you bother other people with your begging, please? I have to do right now.

Laura: … Very well.

the typical Felix C support

If you're curious how it'll turn out, then you will be as curious as I am because I have no idea what to do with B and A right now.

It is a pretty typical support for Felix, that's true. XD
Thanks for taking my suggestion!
Just one small correction: Felix' last name and house is Fraldarius. Arundel is the name of Edelgard's uncle. But that's no big deal, really. I liked this support.

Edited by DragonFlames

Another thing I forgot to mention that's great about XenoblaDE, no lag spikes! The original had that really badly in areas with tons of enemies, it would slow down massively. Well now it runs at a constant rate, which is great for burst affinity, art chaining, etc.