• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent my entire day binge-watching a Let's Play of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, just to get my curiosity for the story out of my system. Wasted a day, but that saves time compared to the weeks it'd take me to play the game myself.

Story is faster than Innocent Sin's, but less organized, partly because it's in the same world, so it didn't need as much exposition. It might not wow nowadays, but I'd say it holds up as a minimum of a 7/10, if maybe a little short. The end of the story had some good bangs to it.

The new trio of playable characters was not as connected as the prior bunch, but they worked as replacements. And there is something appreciable in none of them being troubled teenagers- it's all 20+ adults. Maya might have lost her charm being forced into the Silent Protag role, but Tatsuya skyrocketed off now that he could speak- though he did have a certain advantage most protags don't get.

The final dungeon made me giggle a little, for one reason.:

Screen-Shot-2020-06-11-at-5-36-14-PM.png

World of Emotion is the sub-area.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So I watched the PS5 event with a buddy of mine. There were some neat games there, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, and Kena caught my eye the most.

Not that I plan to get it at launch (if I even get it at all, I'm mainly a Nintendo guy) but not only did we not get a release date for the PS5 but we didn't get a price tag either. It's at the earliest Fall 2020 because of NBA 2021 (lol).

Also the PS5 design is hilarious. It looks like one of those fake consoles you'd look up in middle school.

unknown.png

I think the gap is there for ventilation but it looks so dumb.

And of course, the memes

image0.png

20200611_163528.png

IMG_20200611_181142.jpg

Edited by Armagon

Oh, how I missed Sancho's weird Spanish.

Anyway, after the bigger plot points, it was time to head for the Riteof Passage to get the Royal Insignia. Haha, and Robbin' Hood made another appearance in the series. For the trappings of being a boss fight, he didn't even got the boss music for his battle. Though he could hit hard, that's for sure. Anyway, now I'm back to Gotha, just before things get... even more interesting. That will be for another day, however.

yeah.

you never played demon's, did you? kek. world tendency will be fun again

I'm assuming that the remake is being done with the supervision of From only because Bluepoint did the Shadow of the Colossus remake for ps4, and it was really good. and From are mostly working on Elden Ring I'd imagine.

I'll need to see what else is on for ps5 but I even liked the look of some of the new IPs which is nice and it's reminded me to play Horizon again...

Edited by Tryhard

Ok lads, who is Larcei's better husbando, Luchar or Lucharbra? (Note: I don't care about how good they are gameplay wise.)

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ok lads, who is Larcei's better husbando, Luchar or Lucharbra? (Note: I don't care about how good they are gameplay wise.)

Iucharba is somewhat honorable, Iuchar is ruder and more obsessed with Larcei's love, so Iucharba.

There is something about Xenosaga Episode III's story that I don't understand. Margulis' death. Why does he want to die? Is it because he simply loses faith since the divine being he believed in was using him? I am actually very curious about this, since they don't go into detail very much.

13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

nothing hidden, just a summary of my rolls in OJ today lol

Oof.
That's some rotten luck.

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh is it hot today

<.<

From cold to hot in one day. Hello, migraines! Ugh...

---

Continuing on in Cyberdimension Neptunia (or CyberNep for short), I just got the CPU Candidates to join my party.
I swear, each game they're in, I like them more and more. In this particular game, they are much more suited for killing stuff fast than their older sisters. Nepgear and Uni's ranged attacks work really well with Rom and Ram's up-close-and-personal style (which is super weird coming off of MegaNep VII, where Rom and Ram were a white and a black mage respectively), though Ram is more flexible, I suppose.
Now that I've had the chance to try everyone, Uni and Ram are currently tied for most fun character to play as, definitely.

All they lack to make an effective party this time around is a healing skill, which I find kind of ironic, since in the mainline games, it's the CPUs who don't have any healing skills.

If Steamax could see Uni's thief outfit, he'd probably short-circuit. XD

Also, Arfoire has appeared. As an eggplant farmer, no less.
And IF and Compa are shopkeepers, which is also pretty cool.

That aside, what I currently really like about the game is that it shows the CPUs and their little sisters in a more relaxed setting, so we're getting a bit of a look at what they're like when Gamindustri isn't threatened in some way, shape or form. It also nails the aspect of showing them as close friends, having fun together in a new game, which lore-wise, is a joint project by all four nations at once, apparently.

23 minutes ago, Caster said:

Everything keeps getting worse, ugh...

Oof. Could I maybe help?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oof. Could I maybe help?

I dunno, aha. 
My relative passed away yesterday. And now someone in the apartment above us has the virus, so I have to be even more careful doing anything.
I dunno what to do right now. Everything in my life just keeps getting worse.