• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a book series by Brian Jaques, (Who died back in 2013, I believe) that's basically a fantasy book series about woodland animals-Usually with Vermin as the antagonists. Despite the strange-sounding premise, it is quite good and has some nice references from book to book, as they all take place far apart from one another, with a few exceptions. (Lord Brocktree is my favorite in the series, but most of 'em are pretty good.)

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's a book series by Brian Jaques, (Who died back in 2013, I believe) that's basically a fantasy book series about woodland animals-Usually with Vermin as the antagonists. Despite the strange-sounding premise, it is quite good and has some nice references from book to book, as they all take place far apart from one another, with a few exceptions. (Lord Brocktree is my favorite in the series, but most of 'em are pretty good.)

Sounds interesting.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds interesting.

Yeah. In terms of the way it's written and structured, it feels a little different. I can't really describe how, but the stories just feel...Unique.

Ooh, and different species have different accents. Have fun deciphering what moles are saying.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dwarf accent?

To quote one of the moles from The long patrol:

"Burr aye, you'm roight, mem, ee be nought but an old badger. Oi wuddent be surproised if'n maister Tamm up'n runned aways one morn, hurr hurr, ee faither can't stup Tamm furever."

AND THEY ALL TALK LIKE THIS. You do get used to it after a bit, but for a while, your reaction to every mole is "Wut?"

Edited by Benice

I'd prefer to stick with the lighter themes. Easier on the eyes.

That said, I've always used the default one and never changed other than to see how the other themes look.

Not to mention, after sticking to the same theme for over eleven years now, I'm not going to start now...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 10/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, twilitfalchion said:

I wonder how popular each theme for SF is.

I use the default green one because it’s the only one that doesn’t make my eyes fall out, or it was when I looked at them way back.

I'd say I'm in the opposite on that.

Although there are some places that their default or only theme are on the darkish side but I'm fine looking at them.