• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

damn why did you give him ideas, he did just that

idk

i got a fulltime job now so won't be available that much but i can try to make some time

smh Tonton it's been how many years since we started this

Uhhh just poke me when you have free time don't go out of your way to make any

39 minutes ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

dude the animations in this game are so slick they make me want to keep them on

You never keep animation on?

personally I like archer Tobin and Mage kliff but apparently that's completely wrong 

11 minutes ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

that's weird considering the dialogue in the village

Yeah, their cannon classes aren’t really their best ones. Mages are better in the early game, so you want someone with decent bases. Tobin has 6 speed, so he can double stuff at base. Kliff on the other hand has bad bases, so he ideally wants a class with good bases, like cavalier. As a mage, he will start out really weak, and therefore you will miss out on having a good mage when they’re at their best.

while Kliff has a bigger spell list, Tobin gets Excalibur, which is all he needs, and he gets it earlier as well.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

so back to conquest do skills like the dark mage one work when the user is the support unit in a pair up?

No, they have to be the lead. Same for Camilla and Elise’s personals. The only skills that work if the unit is the support one specify it (like Corrin’s Personal)

Edited by Nobody

So... I'm kinda new to Fire Emblem and started with the first... Or atleast the remake of it, Shadow Dragon, and loved it at first. I really liked how the story started out during the prologue, I loved how your characters could actually die and kinda hated how weapons could break, but still loved it nonetheless. Atleast... That was until I got to chapter 5-ish, where I figured out how bloody boring the game was. It's just the same thing over and over again. Kill thieves/mercenaries/wizards, talk to those for optional recruitment(which you shouldn't by the way, because apparently you lose out on the side-story chapters the more you recruit), wait for a shitty cutscene to play. It felt so dull, and to top it off all those epic characters you meet at the start of the game don't ever speak again for the rest of the game. It's all Marth and Nyna's quite uninteresting conversations you'll have to follow.

Not only dull, but I found the game quite hard as well. Especially the f*ckin' ballista's + cleric/bishops with Fortify. Eventually I beat the game though, losing literally all of my troops but Marth, Caeda and Nagi 

(Which is due to me not knowing how to use/make starlight properly)

and FFTA on my old gameboy being the only "tactical" tactical I've ever played.

At this point I was kind of done with the series, until I found a post on this site describing SD as "shit" which I do agree on btw and suggesting PoR and SD's continuation: Mystery of the Emblem, which I've been enjoying sooooo much. MotE literally has everything SD didn't have which I find kind of mind-boggling, but yeah...

So I was wondering if anyone else reading this had some bad experience with their first FE game, haha.