• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen this picture before and it's just as ridiculous as it was then

anyone who thinks that trump is anywhere close to a jesus-like or follower should just give up on religion altogether

Fuck Guaidó for trying his bullshit again. When will people understand that Venezuela's crisis is first and foremost an economic one, and doing shit like that, with an US puppet making noise and Washington sanctioning the shit out of the country will only make it worse?

I said I'd not bother anymore but it's stronger than me

How is this an economic crisis only when Maduro is a DICTATOR who forbid people from running on the past election, stripped the parliament out of its powers and keeps opressing people? The Venezuelan parliament (which was STRIPPED OF ITS POWERS) is the only democratically elected body remaining in Venezuela.

Had Bolsonaro done 1/3 of what Maduro did, you'd be here (rightfully) bitching for anyone to take him out of power, so you should just shut up and listen to what venezuelans have to say (most of them want maduro gone anyway)

Edited by Nobody

5 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

well, most venezuelas also oppose a foreign intervention to remove maduro

depending on how that's going to happen it could get uglier very quickly

No one is doing any foreign intervetion.

Recognizing an alternative government as the official one is nothing but moral support.

Edited by Nobody

And I hope you (ReiRei) don't try to pull the "she's a rich white Venezelan, not the overall population" shit, when you yourself are a straight white male

Edited by Nobody

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

No one is doing any foreign intervetion.

Recognizing someone an alternative government as the official one is nothing but moral support.

I agree, for now. 

But John Bolton has said on Fox Business blatantly that their interest is for "business changes" and he referenced American business getting involved in Venezuelan oil outright. Dude's national security advisor of the US. Frankly, I'd think it naive to not think that the US would want a hand in that business considering their historical actions throughout Latin America for a very long time.

Edited by Tryhard

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

I agree, for now. 

But John Bolton has said on Fox Business blatantly that their interest is for "business changes" and he referenced American business getting involved in Venezuela oil outright. Dude's national security advisor of the US. Frankly, I'd think it naive to not think that the US would want a hand in that business considering their historical actions throughout Latin America for a very long time.

well, reirei wasn't telling bolton to "fuck himself", he was telling guaido, a man trying to install democratic elections in his country and out a dictator and for that seeks moral help from otrher countries (which is the right approach) to "fuck off"

I agree, for now. 

But John Bolton has said on Fox Business blatantly that their interest is for "business changes" and he referenced American business getting involved in Venezuela oil outright. Dude's national security advisor of the US. Frankly, I'd think it naive to not think that the US would want a hand in that business considering their historical actions throughout Latin America for a very long time.

well, reirei wasn't telling bolton to "fuck himself", he was telling guaido, a man trying to install democratic elections in his country and out a dictator and for that seeks moral help from otrher countries (which is the right approach) to "fuck off"

I suppose, but by going to other countries he is also increasing the chance that they will get personally involved as well. Russian forces are camping out in Venezuela, it's already a mess.

It's kind of the same problem I have with North Korea. The people are lead by a dictator and are starving and mistreated. If some North Korean insurgent came along to establish democracy (and presuming they wouldn't immediately be killed), then how would things go?

Here's the video I was talking about for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8av-cPP1uPE

Edited by Tryhard

9 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I suppose, but by going to other countries he is also increasing the chance that they will get personally involved as well. Russian forces are camping out in Venezuela, it's already a mess.

It's kind of the same problem I have with North Korea. The people are lead by a dictator and are starving and mistreated. If some North Korean insurgent came along to establish democracy (and presuming they wouldn't immediately be killed), then how would things go?

I don't understand your point

If the insurgent was the president of the parliament that had been democratiacally elected, then yeah, I'd hope most other countries would recognize him. Guaido was not just some rando who said "now i'm president".

I don't even try to bring this argument in, since the venezuelan constitution was all step on anyway, but their constitution says that in case the president disrespects it and tries to install a dictatorship, it's the role of the president of parliament to step up, become interin president and call new elections, just like Guaido is trying to do.

I'm not saying any country should invade venezuela, but recognizing Guaido is a different story, and all reasonable ones should have done it. I don't know how "fuck guaido" is anything but an idiotic, Maduro-cozing opinion.

I don't know what that video has to do with any of what we were saying now. Guaido called for a protest. ReiRei said he should fuck off for calling a protest. Protesting. The most democratic act there is, and the only thing Venezuelans have left to do.

Edited by Nobody

Lets put it like this: I mostly support Guaido in terms of removing Maduro, but he may cause more suffering as a result of it, and the last thing I would want is an intervention the likes of Iraq and removing Saddam Hussein, because it will be a disaster. But I don't see any other way to remove Maduro other than military intervention, and potentially from a foreign power if the Venezuelan military remains loyal.

I don't know enough about Guaido to label him an opportunist or not, but that's all I can say is that Maduro is awful and he seems decent in comparison.

The video was about what John Bolton said, and the fact that top US officials in the Trump administration have blatantly stated selfish reasons for wanting to support Guaido instead of "humanitarian reasons".

Edited by Tryhard

8 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Lets put it like this: I mostly support Guaido in terms of removing Maduro, but he may cause more suffering as a result of it

I don't think you quite undestand how awful things are there right now. Venezuelans would rather live in the streets of Roraima, a brazilian state that is an (and i'm sorry, anyone from roraima) absolute shithole isolated from everything, in the middle of the amazon rainforest, than there. There's no medicine, there's no food. People make no money, because inflation is so high by the time they get their money, it has no value. There are about as many Venezuelan refugees as there are syrians. You don't hear about them because they go mostly to other south american countries rather than the "first world"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-food/venezuelans-report-big-weight-losses-in-2017-as-hunger-hits-idUSKCN1G52HA

I struggle to see how things could get worse.

Edited by Nobody

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I struggle to see how things could get worse.

Indirectly, when Maduro starts ordering the military to fire on protesters. Actually, that's already happened, but do you think Maduro as you've described him is going to take kindly to what he sees as an illegitimate rival organising protests in his turf?

Or when the US decides to launch Iraq 2.0 in their backyard because Venezuela is a "threat" to them?

Neither of these are Guaido's fault, but it can definitely get worse.

Edited by Tryhard

Indirectly, when Maduro starts ordering the military to fire on protesters. Actually, that's already happened, but do you think Maduro as you've described him is going to take kindly to what he says as an illegitimate rival organising protests in his turf?

Or when the US decides to launch Iraq 2.0 in their backyard because Venezuela is a "threat" to them?

Neither of these are Guaido's fault, but it can definitely get worse.

IDK where this iraq 2.0 is coming from and i don't know what you're arguing about.

What do you think should be done right now? I don't think a military intervention should be done, I don't know what should be done, but I know for a fact that blaming Guaido for anything happening there and saying Venezuelan problems are "merely economic" is plain wrong, and that was all I was saying.