• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say, for me, those kind of games eventually turn into a chore. With all the things you have to do daily otherwise you could miss out on stuff.

I don't even remember when was the last time I played a Gacha...

I started playing FEH in January of this year, very belated, because I was waiting for a good enough banner. But after months of trying to get into, I quit. It just never clicked with me, despite moments when I thought it just might. I still like the idea of FEH- a massive intraseries crossover- but the reality is dreadfully dull. I don't hate it though, it's more Nyna and Hardin. Neither can I give love like Nyna no matter how I try, nor do I get the feeling of love from the game as though I were Hardin, which leads to disappointment.

I do play some Dragalia Lost though. I started only because Nintendo is loosely affiliated with it, and it's pretty generic. Nonetheless, I find it something I come back to once in a while. I started at launch and dropped it before Christmas, only to return when the FEH collab happened. And then I dropped it again for two events and came back to it for the ongoing Summer Raid Battle.

I like the game, and the fact there is no competition makes it more chill than FEH for me. Compared to all the other SF players in the SF Alliance the game just opened though, I'm a weakling. My teams are no more than 10k Might, everyone else has 20k+ Might. I have a fair amount of resources I'm just sitting on doing nothing with however, if I stop being a hoarder and use them, I'll be sure to be able to tackle the higher content better.

Though I think gatcha doesn't suit me, because I don't have the right play mindset. I'm bad with Animal Crossing, a daily game I play a little of for months, as opposed to something I play to completion and then drop. Gatcha and Animal Crossing, as well as anything with online multiplayer, are on the same wavelength, which is usually different from mine own.

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, for me, those kind of games eventually turn into a chore. With all the things you have to do daily otherwise you could miss out on stuff.

same

They're fun for a while but then they become an obligation

25 minutes ago, Nobody said:

today I argued with one of these "i don't know how much the rest of you know about japanese culture (i'm an expert)" people

for what purpose

Edited by Tryhard

40 minutes ago, Nobody said:

They're fun for a while but then they become an obligation

yup. Like you have to play hours everday or you won't be able to advance.

While i do play games for hours everyday, those are usually finished within Months and i can move on to the next game. You can't do that with gacha.

Not to mention the whole gambling aspect <.<

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

for what purpose

There's a transphobic or something line on Sylvain/Ingrid support on the japanese version. It was translated to something else on the localization, and there was a reddit topic on that. Almost everyone on the thread was commenting about how homophobic japan is and all that. Some guy flipped out saying everyone ITT was full of "orientalism" and how the US was so much more homophobic than japan, and that the prevalence of Yaoi/Yuri was an evidence that japan is actually pro LGBT.

then i said he must be "delusional or a japanophile weaboo if he truly believes it" and then he said, i kid you not, "you must be ignorant about Japan. I, on the other hand, am getting my master's degree on it"

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

yup. Like you have to play hours everday or you won't be able to advance.

While i do play games for hours everyday, those are usually finished within Months and i can move on to the next game. You can't do that with gacha.

Not to mention the whole gambling aspect <.<

Even mobage in general. I was having lots of fun with ro mobile, but it's so time consuming, and i felt like i was never disconnected from the game.

1 hour ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

Black Eagles 4evah

I'm assuming u sided with edelgard

Edited by Nobody

I think Japans tendencies of not being great to gays, trans or minorities is fairly well known.

Hell, if you do any drugs you and your family are shamed permanently. Say what you will about the US but even they aren't that traditional.

Edited by Tryhard

Folded over? I didn't know Intelligent Systems made origami. 

Though I'd be fine if IS went for an aesthetic-graphical change to something like papercraft. For a spin off, I don't think such would go over well on a mainline FE but go ahead and convert Tellius or a 3DS title to Wind Waker graphics. We've had something of the sort with the chibi sprites of FEH, that is as far as FE has gone.

I might not be in the majority, but I like the path Intelligent Systems closed by adding mechanics from other SRPGs like Persona or Legend of Heroes. It feels refreshing. I really like the school system with is still unique for me since the protagonist does not get taught, but teach. As for the battles I must get used on the new mechanics like battalion and gambit. I guess latter is a team attack whose conditions I could not quite figure out yet. 

Meanwhile in FE3H:

Spoiler

uAlPRpw.jpg
... fourth battle in the game...

I have serious problems with the weapon weight system.

If has the iron sword equipped, she doubles and ORKO'es the most, but if she has the iron axe equipped, suddenly everyone doubles her and shradded by two enemies.

Also why is a dead unit still standing?
This animation looks so silly.

mareep.900x.jpg

And it's almost 2 feet/.6 meters tall! That makes this a life-sized Mareep, matching its Pokedex entry's height, and presumably extrapolating from there its length and width.

It's $500 USD though. 

Still, I look forward to the day when every Pokemon gets a plush or plastic figure made to Pokedex height specifications. How much is the 47 ft 7 in/14.6 m Wailord plush going to cost? I've got an empty garage I can fit it in.

tfw you want to take an half hour nap but take a 5 hour one instead

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

UERsjo9.png

👀

whoever wrote that didn't play games with Miccy, Celica or Eirika. They aren't that well liked, or atleast weren't back then. And only Micaiah got a boost in popularity lately afaik