• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I do like those kind of bosses. They'll be easier to deal with once you'll get used to them.

I had to revive Lysi three times and Raphael once because latter took a crit by the Dragon. 

Thank God turnwheel returned. 

Edited by Lysithea

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm familiar with Chrono Cross, I played through the game once. Not sure if I would again, it really has its issues. But it looks pretty at least. And I guess the Dragoons were nice, if maybe one too many, even if it was going for a shitennoh setup (there are four, right?- Karsh, Girl, Muscleman, and Somebody I Forget?). Also, I thought Viper himself died at that one point, but he lives instead.

I just read a Siliconera article on why fans in Japan are bombing the Dragon Quest V movie. And I gotta say, I think the movie deserves it reading the spoilers behind why it's being harshly criticized. DQV does not deserve to be associated with this movie. My Tension is 100, my MP is 999, Magic Burst is ready to fire.

Although on a separate note, actually fitting the entirety of DQV into a single film would be difficult. Although three separate movies would be wrong too, since the first arc is too short for a separate one. Condensing games to films is difficult, which might be partly why adaptations have largely failed, amongst many many other bigger faults.

One too many? If you mean they have too many non-generic characters... well, considering their scope and role in the game, it makes sense, even if Cross itself has too many non-generic characters.

You mean the Devas? I suppose. Though I'm not sure they're called the Shitennoh in Japanese. Supposedly, they are meant to be four; but one of them has been dead for three years (well, in just one of the worlds, though in the world he's alive the Dragoons no longer exist) and the spot hasn't been replaced yet.

Ah, yes, I've read that article. I also question that decision regarding the ending, to be honest.

Well, I think it's doable to adapt DQV into a single movie. Though perhaps you'd need it to be closer to three hours than two. Then again, it is an epic of a story, heh.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

*snip*

Stop it Mercedes!

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

I had to revive Lysi three times and Raphael once because latter took a crit by the Dragon. 

Thank God rurnwheel returned.. 

Yeah the turnwheel is really useful at times. I've also had to use it for some parts.

10 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

In Echoes I never used the turnwheel aside in the very lategame and postgame. 

Using it multiple times so early is a bad sign. 

Well, like I said that boss is more the exception than the norm.

GD also has slightly more difficult units to use imo. Both Ignatz and Lorenz are lacking in some ways.

Yeah, Ignatz is the worst Archer unit from any house imo. Lorenz might be able to use magic but his damage output really isn't that great. He can almost never one round an enemy. 

Edelgard and Dimitri are easily the two strongest units in the game. Claude takes some speed and strength gains but eventually he gets very good. 

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You mean the Devas? I suppose. Though I'm not sure they're called the Shitennoh in Japanese. Supposedly, they are meant to be four; but one of them has been dead for three years (well, in just one of the worlds, though in the world he's alive the Dragoons no longer exist) and the spot hasn't been replaced yet.

Yeah, I must have meant the Devas.

"Devas" has been used by Shin Megami Tensei in a game or two for referring to Bishamonten, Koumokuten, Jikokuten, Zouchouten, the mythological Shitennoh (usually translated as Four Heavenly Kings (but it's more gender-neutral "ruler")). So I think Karsh, Marcy, and Still Escapes Me probably are shitennoh.

Darius was the fourth's name? I can't remember exactly, but you must speak of the superboss who gives the Mastermune IIRC. I recall everybody from 1st world from the Viper Mansion died visiting the frozen remnants of the future that Crono banished via saving the world from Lavos. And I can't forget Dora the Explorer's father with the surprise "soft" OHKO called HolyDragonSword being located there.

Well, I think it's doable to adapt DQV into a single movie. Though perhaps you'd need it to be closer to three hours than two. Then again, it is an epic of a story, heh.

To trim it down, I'd do:

Child:

1. Birth
  2. Boat with Nera (Debora won't exist)
  3. Daddy and Sancho Time in Bianca's Town (the first town no longer exists)
  4. Bianca Time in Bianca's Town with Saber find
  5. The abandoned tower with Bianca OR, she comes to fairlyland where the Gold Orb is entrusted to them instead
  6. Daddy and Sancho Time heading to Harry's kingdom
  7. Harry Time + kidnapping
  8. The dungeon finale

Young Man:

1. Slavery transition and escape.
  2. Reclaiming Harry's kingdom + finding Saber.
  3. Harry lingering until Pankraz's letter and Zenithian Sword get.
  4. Meeting grown Nera and her dad.
  5. Completing one trial to get Zenithian Shield her with Bianca.
  6. Marriage to whoever.
  7. Madason & Wife Time with quick visit to Cleohatra.
  8. Madason & Wife Time heading to ye olde family kingdom.
  9. Reaching said kingdom and finding out the royal truth and pregnancy.
  10. Focus on Wife while Madason does succession ritual offscreen, ends in kidnapping.
  11. Finale with the rescue.

Father:

1. Sadness standing in the garden and its resolution with meeting the children and Sancho.
  2. Zenithian Helmet get.
  3. Lofty Peak, with the Gold Orb acquisition relocated here, if Fairyland is no more. Otherwise add Fairyland as another phase.
  4. Find sunken Zenithia with Ladja battle relocated here.
  5. Use of Zenithia to get to Mt. Zugzwang where Wife is rescued and Zenithian Armor found.
  6. Get the Ring of Life, head for Nadiria.
  7. Meet Mada.
  8. Kill Nimzo.
  9. Happy Ending.

Although I think we can drop Cleohatra and place the Zenithian Helmet with Harry. Maybe he vows to help his friend after leaving him by ordering his kingdom to search for the Legendary Hero and their proper regalia. That'd allow a touching friend reunion to occur.

We're looking at a story of maybe 30 steps. With a full three hours, that is 6 minutes per step, is that too little for each individual step? But how would one reduce the number of steps further?

Maybe you could drop Nera and have Bianca's father die after the child arc, then she gets adopted by the rich father of the Nera who doesn't actually exist now? There can be only one wife in the story, no polygamy, the other girl would be filler. And to be fair, DQV shoves Bianca on you so much, that if I were standing the middle of Kyrgyzstan, I'd find myself a moment later pushed into the waters off the northeast coast of New Zealand. Sorry Nera fans.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I must have meant the Devas.

"Devas" has been used by Shin Megami Tensei in a game or two for referring to Bishamonten, Koumokuten, Jikokuten, Zouchouten, the mythological Shitennoh (usually translated as Four Heavenly Kings (but it's more gender-neutral "ruler")). So I think Karsh, Marcy, and Still Escapes Me probably are shitennoh.

Darius was the fourth's name? I can't remember exactly, but you must speak of the superboss who gives the Mastermune IIRC. I recall everybody from 1st world from the Viper Mansion died visiting the frozen remnants of the future that Crono banished via saving the world from Lavos. And I can't forget Dora the Explorer's father with the surprise "soft" OHKO called HolyDragonSword being located there.

Interesting. The one you don't remember the name is Zoah. The one with the mask.

Dario, yes. Yeah, you need to beat him to get the Mastermune. Not so much the visit but by approaching the Frozen Flame without having the Arbitrer with them. Ah, hahaha, yes, Miguel. His overpowerness for having been a seemingly normal fishermen... takes me back to the rumors and theories. I remember one of the most popular ones was that Miguel was Crono himself.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe you could drop Nera and have Bianca's father die after the child arc, then she gets adopted by the rich father of the Nera who doesn't actually exist now? There can be only one wife in the story, no polygamy, the other girl would be filler. And to be fair, DQV shoves Bianca on you so much, that if I were standing the middle of Kyrgyzstan, I'd find myself a moment later pushed into the waters off the northeast coast of New Zealand. Sorry Nera fans.

Oh man. Oh man. OH MAN. Drop Nera? That would be a bigger riot than what the movie's ending pulled. You don't remove either of the potential brides, man! Even if one is bound to loose, you just don't. Like, I'm a Nera fan and long accepted she'll be forever shafted in favor of Bianca... but that ain't meaning you remove the illusion of choice! I'm thankful the movie at least kept that part in, even if it was 99.99% sure Bianca was going to be chosen anyway. In a perfect world we'd have what Pokémon did with their Victini movie; but I know that for DQV you'd need to have double scenes for a whole lot more to be worth the trouble.

I'd talk about how I'd do the movie... but I currently don't have the time. I'll do it later today.

Interesting. The one you don't remember the name is Zoah. The one with the mask.

I remembered what Zoah looked like, I just forgot the name and wanted to challenge myself to remembering it, so I didn't look it up. I could remember Grobyc the cyborg ninja who appears in the Manor one time later in the game I think, but not Zoah. 

And for all you could possibly want to know about shitennoh, I'll refer you to this article. If you weren't aware of it already.

Oh man. Oh man. OH MAN. Drop Nera? That would be a bigger riot than what the movie's ending pulled. You don't remove either of the potential brides, man! Even if one is bound to loose, you just don't. Like, I'm a Nera fan and long accepted she'll be forever shafted in favor of Bianca... but that ain't meaning you remove the illusion of choice! I'm thankful the movie at least kept that part in, even if it was 99.99% sure Bianca was going to be chosen anyway. In a perfect world we'd have what Pokémon did with their Victini movie; but I know that for DQV you'd need to have double scenes for a whole lot more to be worth the trouble.

First, interesting about that Pokemon movie now that I've looked it up. Pokemon sure has the resources that they could do that, but I'm not sure DQ could. Then again, maybe it could, albeit not on the big screen, as Blu-Ray/streaming service extras.

Second, I was wondering what Nera fans were like. Thank you for being one.😃

Third, I'd like the choice being kept, despite the time constraints. I'd like Deborah the DS extra too. Because I want Cloud Parry, Ike Parry, and Zack Parry (I know, the hair spikes point the wrong way). And more characterization for all the brides is a good thing.

And on a different note, Yuzo Koshiro released a copy of the score to one of his best Etrian Odyssey pieces. No more having to figure it out by ear alone. 

Now I just need to have my 15 member orchestra read it and play.

But I do wish this video made the notes at any moment being played change colors to a bright green. So someone not musically literate could follow along.

Well, okay, here's how I'd do DQV if we're sticking to one movie. Personally, I think the best way to give it justice is two movies. The first one covering up to the birth of the twins; and the second covering the rest. Anyway...

Spoiler
  • The birth scene, up to when Pankraz tells Madason that it's a dream.
  • Have the intro credits roll by while showing the ship as it sails and reaches Littlehaven.
  • Scene with Rodrigo and Nera (I'd also be not adding Deborah to this).
  • Intro to Sancho and the Whitakers at Whealbrook. No Roundbeck, the Whitakers would be tending Whealbrook's inn here.
  • Intro to Saber and the dare to Uptaten Towers.
  • Uptaten Towers events.
  • Faerie Lea stuff. Since Bianca lives in Whealbrook here, she'd be present for this too, either way. Unlike in the game, Madason gets the Faerie Horn right there and then.
  • Journey to Coburg.
  • Coburg stuff, the kidnapping, the rescue mission, Pankraz's death.
  • Time as slave and the ensuing escape. Iirc, the movie removes Maria. I won't do that.
  • Dropping Maria off at Heaven's Above Abbey.
  • Small scene at Fortuna covering monster taming, since it's iconic to DQV, I won't left that detail out.
  • Like in the movie, maybe have Madason befriend an iconic Slime. Maybe from here on have him with randomly different or a select group of monsters during scenes.
  • Back to Whealbrook, finding Pankraz's letter and the Zenithian Sword. Learn about Coburg's current status.
  • Back to Coburg. I'd skip the whole "Go look for Ra' Mirror". Have them free the Dowager from prison and the Faux one reveals herself. Harry vows he'll help Madason locate the rest of the Zenithian equipment. Alternatively, have them find about the Shield in Mostroferrato already.
  • Maybe move the reencounter with Saber to here or by Whealbrook, since even in the game I question how he got into a whole another continent by himself.
  • Scene showing Madason taking a ship to Lodestar Harbour.
  • If not done above, keep Saber's reencounter here.
  • At some point, Madason receives the news of Harry and Maria's wedding.
  • Now in Mostrofferato, introduction to adult Nera and the engagement challenge.
  • Like in the actual movie, skip the whole thing by having Bjorn break free right there and then. Also like the movie, Bianca shows up to help during the fight.
  • Reintroduction with Bianca and what she's up to nowadays.
  • Bride choice scene and wedding (and showing the Rings of Fire and Water were retrieved off-screen anyway, since they're the wedding rings after all).
  • Small montage of the Honeymoon phase, with scenes at the Ventuo, the Knick-Knackatory, Dominicus' Dominion, and Helmunaptra.
  • Scene at Helmunaptra would be longer, as Cleohatra shows Madason the Zenithian Helm and reveals to him he's from Gotha like in the game. Unlike the game, though, she allows Madason to take the helm already.
  • Small scens of the journey to Gotha, with some foreshadowing hints of the wife's pregnancy.
  • Arrival at Gotha, reunion with Sancho, and the reveal of the pregnancy.
  • Either skip the trial or heavily streamline it.
  • Coronation, birth of the twins, the celbration, and kidnapping.
  • The rescue attempt and ensuing petrification of Madason and his wife.
  • Montage of the auction and events at Porgie's Estate.
  • Sancho and the kids freeing Madason. Because I feel like it, give Tuppence a cameo here by having a small contingent of Gothan soldiers having accompanied the three in their journey to find the royal couple, and he was part of it.
  • Scene back at Gotha, the reveal Parry is the Legendary Hero, and the news about finding about Lofty Peak.
  • Journey to Lofty Peak, also serving to properly introduce the kids.
  • Talk with the Elders of Lofty Peak. Also, I move the Zenithian that reveals about Zenithia sinking from the Stairway to here.
  • Journey through Diggery Pokery. No need for Magma Staff. Meeting with Dr. Agon.
  • Instead of Talon Tower, Slon is killed here, having shown up to stop the heroes.
  • Finding sunken Zenithian. Explanation of the Gold Orb.
  • Since Madason has the Faerie Horn already, we skip straight to the Faerie Palace.
  • Journey to the past and the orb swap.
  • The rise of Zenithia.
  • No need to pick up the Dragon Orb. The Zenithian Dragon is restored same time as the castle.
  • Flight to Crocodilopolis.
  • Interruption of the ceremony. Fight with King Korol and adquisition of the Zenithian Armour and Circle of Life.
  • Placement of the rings at Estuary Sanctuary.
  • Journey through Nadiria.
  • Finding Madalena... and her demise.
  • Have final battle be a duality. Madason and his wife fight Ladja, the kids fight Nimzo in the meantime. Ladja is killed first, then the entire family bring down Nimzo.
  • Ending Montage during the credits, showing the return to Gotha and the celebration.

Honestly, this might still be too much, even if we go for a three-hour movie. Like I said, I feel the game can be adapted better as two movies. Not unlike what the last Harry Potter book was done with.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, interesting about that Pokemon movie now that I've looked it up. Pokemon sure has the resources that they could do that, but I'm not sure DQ could. Then again, maybe it could, albeit not on the big screen, as Blu-Ray/streaming service extras.

Second, I was wondering what Nera fans were like. Thank you for being one.😃

Third, I'd like the choice being kept, despite the time constraints. I'd like Deborah the DS extra too. Because I want Cloud Parry, Ike Parry, and Zack Parry (I know, the hair spikes point the wrong way). And more characterization for all the brides is a good thing.

Yeah, that's certianly true. It would still be cool if it was done. Well, maybe not now; but perhaps with DQ gaining more notierity as of late. With the success of XI and the franchise having more exposure thanks to Smash. Still, who knows.

Oh, never met one before? Heh.

I'll be honest, if it were up to me, I'd have Nera be the chosen bride... and no alternate version or anything. It would be quite the riot... though at the same time, perhaps it would make it stand out in that for once it's not Bianca. Like, seriously. Just look at stuff like the game commercials, the manga, etc, etc, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

47 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, okay, here's how I'd do DQV if we're sticking to one movie. Personally, I think the best way to give it justice is two movies. The first one covering up to the birth of the twins; and the second covering the rest. Anyway...

Reveal hidden contents
  • The birth scene, up to when Pankraz tells Madason that it's a dream.
  • Have the intro credits roll by while showing the ship as it sails and reaches Littlehaven.
  • Scene with Rodrigo and Nera (I'd also be not adding Deborah to this).
  • Intro to Sancho and the Whitakers at Whealbrook. No Roundbeck, the Whitakers would be tending Whealbrook's inn here.
  • Intro to Saber and the dare to Uptaten Towers.
  • Uptaten Towers events.
  • Faerie Lea stuff. Since Bianca lives in Whealbrook here, she'd be present for this too, either way. Unlike in the game, Madason gets the Faerie Horn right there and then.
  • Journey to Coburg.
  • Coburg stuff, the kidnapping, the rescue mission, Pankraz's death.
  • Time as slave and the ensuing escape. Iirc, the movie removes Maria. I won't do that.
  • Dropping Maria off at Heaven's Above Abbey.
  • Small scene at Fortuna covering monster taming, since it's iconic to DQV, I won't left that detail out.
  • Like in the movie, maybe have Madason befriend an iconic Slime. Maybe from here on have him with randomly different or a select group of monsters during scenes.
  • Back to Whealbrook, finding Pankraz's letter and the Zenithian Sword. Learn about Coburg's current status.
  • Back to Coburg. I'd skip the whole "Go look for Ra' Mirror". Have them free the Dowager from prison and the Faux one reveals herself. Harry vows he'll help Madason locate the rest of the Zenithian equipment. Alternatively, have them find about the Shield in Mostroferrato already.
  • Maybe move the reencounter with Saber to here or by Whealbrook, since even in the game I question how he got into a whole another continent by himself.
  • Scene showing Madason taking a ship to Lodestar Harbour.
  • If not done above, keep Saber's reencounter here.
  • At some point, Madason receives the news of Harry and Maria's wedding.
  • Now in Mostrofferato, introduction to adult Nera and the engagement challenge.
  • Like in the actual movie, skip the whole thing by having Bjorn break free right there and then. Also like the movie, Bianca shows up to help during the fight.
  • Reintroduction with Bianca and what she's up to nowadays.
  • Bride choice scene and wedding (and showing the Rings of Fire and Water were retrieved off-screen anyway, since they're the wedding rings after all).
  • Small montage of the Honeymoon phase, with scenes at the Ventuo, the Knick-Knackatory, Dominicus' Dominion, and Helmunaptra.
  • Scene at Helmunaptra would be longer, as Cleohatra shows Madason the Zenithian Helm and reveals to him he's from Gotha like in the game. Unlike the game, though, she allows Madason to take the helm already.
  • Small scens of the journey to Gotha, with some foreshadowing hints of the wife's pregnancy.
  • Arrival at Gotha, reunion with Sancho, and the reveal of the pregnancy.
  • Either skip the trial or heavily streamline it.
  • Coronation, birth of the twins, the celbration, and kidnapping.
  • The rescue attempt and ensuing petrification of Madason and his wife.
  • Montage of the auction and events at Porgie's Estate.
  • Sancho and the kids freeing Madason. Because I feel like it, give Tuppence a cameo here by having a small contingent of Gothan soldiers having accompanied the three in their journey to find the royal couple, and he was part of it.
  • Scene back at Gotha, the reveal Parry is the Legendary Hero, and the news about finding about Lofty Peak.
  • Journey to Lofty Peak, also serving to properly introduce the kids.
  • Talk with the Elders of Lofty Peak. Also, I move the Zenithian that reveals about Zenithia sinking from the Stairway to here.
  • Journey through Diggery Pokery. No need for Magma Staff. Meeting with Dr. Agon.
  • Instead of Talon Tower, Slon is killed here, having shown up to stop the heroes.
  • Finding sunken Zenithian. Explanation of the Gold Orb.
  • Since Madason has the Faerie Horn already, we skip straight to the Faerie Palace.
  • Journey to the past and the orb swap.
  • The rise of Zenithia.
  • No need to pick up the Dragon Orb. The Zenithian Dragon is restored same time as the castle.
  • Flight to Crocodilopolis.
  • Interruption of the ceremony. Fight with King Korol and adquisition of the Zenithian Armour and Circle of Life.
  • Placement of the rings at Estuary Sanctuary.
  • Journey through Nadiria.
  • Finding Madalena... and her demise.
  • Have final battle be a duality. Madason and his wife fight Ladja, the kids fight Nimzo in the meantime. Ladja is killed first, then the entire family bring down Nimzo.
  • Ending Montage during the credits, showing the return to Gotha and the celebration.

Honestly, this might still be too much, even if we go for a three-hour movie. Like I said, I feel the game can be adapted better as two movies. Not unlike what the last Harry Potter book was done with.

Given two movies, I'd be thinking the marriage would be the best endpoint.

It's over halfway into the 2nd Gen, and it's a conclusive happy moment. The problem with using the end of the 2nd Gen, is that it is too sad, and demands to be immediately followed with a montage of the tragic years of nothing that follow. The marriage should balance the two movies in length and material to work with. Helmunaptra would be a good opener for the second part, because it is ultimately a minor event, and would give time for the viewer to catch up. It permits time for buildup to Gotha and the surprise happiness and sudden tragedy that occurs during the time spent there.

The birth of the twins is very happy too, but I don't think the game put as much punch into that moment as the wedding. How quickly the wife gets kidnapped afterwards in the games is another reason against it for me.

Give Part 1 the subtitle "Hand of the Heavenly Bride" then, since it'd be very appropriate. Though I don't know what they'd call Part 2, "Face of the Heavenly Mother"?, since Madalena is, however briefly, finally rescued here. That, not saving the world from Nimzo, was the driving force behind the entire game's narrative. Pankraz would not have bothered looking for the Legendary Hero if Nimzo plotted to conquer the world without stealing her from it. And it'd be parallelism in subtitles.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll be honest, if it were up to me, I'd have Nera be the chosen bride... and no alternate version or anything. It would be quite the riot... though at the same time, perhaps it would make it stand out in that for once it's not Bianca. Like, seriously. Just look at stuff like the game commercials, the manga, etc, etc, etc.

To be fair, I'm irked by a different not-canon but heavily forced pairing myself. EliwoodxNinian. Lyn and Fiora are other options people! Lyn any day over Ninian, don't even bother resurrecting her. HectorxLyn PFFF! I demand Farina, or Serra!

All they have to do to make Bianca not so terribly forced is to give her a good substitute man for Madason. If she had that, she wouldn't be alone, and her father wouldn't have to worry about her, thus making his health not suffer from stress, which burdens Bianca even more. That one fix, and the guilt trip that drives some people into picking Bianca- myself included- would be over. Nera on the other hand has always had Crispin Burns. She'll be fine without you.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given two movies, I'd be thinking the marriage would be the best endpoint.

It's over halfway into the 2nd Gen, and it's a conclusive happy moment. The problem with using the end of the 2nd Gen, is that it is too sad, and demands to be immediately followed with a montage of the tragic years of nothing that follow. The marriage should balance the two movies in length and material to work with. Helmunaptra would be a good opener for the second part, because it is ultimately a minor event, and would give time for the viewer to catch up. It permits time for buildup to Gotha and the surprise happiness and sudden tragedy that occurs during the time spent there.

The birth of the twins is very happy too, but I don't think the game put as much punch into that moment as the wedding. How quickly the wife gets kidnapped afterwards in the games is another reason against it for me.

Give Part 1 the subtitle "Hand of the Heavenly Bride" then, since it'd be very appropriate. Though I don't know what they'd call Part 2, "Face of the Heavenly Mother"?, since Madalena is, however briefly, finally rescued here. That, not saving the world from Nimzo, was the driving force behind the entire game's narrative. Pankraz would not have bothered looking for the Legendary Hero if Nimzo plotted to conquer the world without stealing her from it. And it'd be parallelism in subtitles.

Well, the birth of the twins can still be conclusive happy. More than the wedding, I'd think. Heck, it looked that way until "Surprise Kidnapping mk II" happens. The way I envisioned it is that the second movie would start with the kidnapping itself, propelling the plot foreward again. Keep in mind that realisticly, we are talking about introducing Part 1, then Part 2 at least a year later. So give the audience a fleeting but happy cliffhanger. Also, I chose that as the dividing point so the first half could have the time to properly show the childhood section.

Admitedly, I wasn't thinking on giving subtitles to the two halves. Just simply settling with just Part 1 and Part 2.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, I'm irked by a different not-canon but heavily forced pairing myself. EliwoodxNinian. Lyn and Fiora are other options people! Lyn any day over Ninian, don't even bother resurrecting her. HectorxLyn PFFF! I demand Farina, or Serra!

All they have to do to make Bianca not so terribly forced is to give her a good substitute man for Madason. If she had that, she wouldn't be alone, and her father wouldn't have to worry about her, thus making his health not suffer from stress, which burdens Bianca even more. That one fix, and the guilt trip that drives some people into picking Bianca- myself included- would be over. Nera on the other hand has always had Crispin Burns. She'll be fine without you.

I'll be honest, the DQV one is like, the only time I don't support the "canon/semi-canon/heavily-pushed/hinted-at" option. Can't recall right now if it's the only case; but it's like the exception for me.

She kinda already has. If you marry Nera, you learn Bianca has lots of suitors trying to win her heart; but she has yet to decide on getting married herself. And Whitey is totally fine, anyway.

One thing to keep in mind is that Bianca wasn't that heavily pushed. The worst thing to have happened is the false rumor that Bianca's life got worse if you didn't married her until the DS remake toned it down. It's amazing how for years people kept believing that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

She kinda already has. If you marry Nera, you learn Bianca has lots of suitors trying to win her heart; but she has yet to decide on getting married herself. And Whitey is totally fine, anyway.

One thing to keep in mind is that Bianca wasn't that heavily pushed. The worst thing to have happened is the false rumor that Bianca's life got worse if you didn't married her. It's amazing how for years people kept believing that.

I might have fallen victim to that general rumor (though I knew "Whitey's death" to be false).

Admittedly, I only played through DQV once, so I never saw what happens if I didn't choose Bianca. Fortunately, I recall making a separate save at Monstroferrato long ago. I could load that up and try out a different wife, taming the shrew in all likelihood. Not the best first impression, but her boredom with life offers a starting point of sympathy. Party Chat can flesh out the rest.

Makes me wish I hadn't sprung for DQIV DS as an aside, the lack of Party Chat kills the charm. And as short as it is, going for the iOS version isn't something I want to do to be able to see what I missed.

And something the film could do that the game doesn't, is show the actual kidnapping of the wife. I think there was a jealous royal relative involved, but the movie by showing the actual scene could make it dramatic and touching. The wife laying eyes on her precious bundles before saying goodbye to them for all their youngest years.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I might have fallen victim to that general rumor (though I knew "Whitey's death" to be false).

Admittedly, I only played through DQV once, so I never saw what happens if I didn't choose Bianca. Fortunately, I recall making a separate save at Monstroferrato long ago. I could load that up and try out a different wife, taming the shrew in all likelihood. Not the best first impression, but her boredom with life offers a starting point of sympathy. Party Chat can flesh out the rest.

Makes me wish I hadn't sprung for DQIV DS as an aside, the lack of Party Chat kills the charm. And as short as it is, going for the iOS version isn't something I want to do to be able to see what I missed.

Heh, I won't deny it either.

Well, perhaps you could be satisfied with this: https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/38994-dqiv-party-chat-chapters-1~4/

Who knows when the rest will be done; but you can read a good chunk of IV's party chat in the meantime.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:48 PM, Shrimperor said:

thanks. Now, can you let me win 😉 

How about... NOPE! >:)

Anyway, I got Super Smash Bros 3DS. It's pretty fun, I must say, but it's kinda hard because I actually haven't played much Smash since I was like, 6? 7?