The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

On routs, I don't think they're that bad. If we talk about the seize objective, FE's original and still a common one, unless you LTC/are in a rush, or an escape feigning as a seize (see FE3's bridge battle), chances are you're going to kill everything in sight anyhow.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter the objective or the design, the most fun part is when you trigger some Dreadful Visistors.

Forget ambush-spawn. Having the show up in the middle of a phase (player or enemy, doesn't matter) is where is at it.

4 hours ago, Lysithea said:

I never really cared for the story honestly. 

As for map design, I do care, though. 

This is why I like Conquest and FE10 (yes there are still a lot of people who dislike FE10's story) and dislike FE6 and 13. (FE6 had a few good maps, but the majority was mediocre)   

this is me

I stopped paying any attention to the story with Fates, continued that with SoV, but then have paid full attention playing the old FEs and TRS.

B/c my stopping on the new games was irrational, I want to actually pay attention again with 3H. But, old habits will die hard. Maybe I'll make a partial return to normalcy by playing 3H "interpretively". By which I mean:

• Voice acting is turned OFF.
  • Playing undocked.
  • Covering the bottom of the screen to hide the text, possible playing undocked.

I will see every action taken, but I'll have no clue about the dialogue related to said actions. I would have to "interpret" them on my own.

I few days ago, i made a tier list ranking every Fire Emblem by how good it's final map theme is. Things to note:

• Three Houses has multiple so i used the banners instead
  • Black Eagles - Crimson Flower and Blue Lions have the same final map theme
  • Mystery has two final map themes because of Book I and Book II but Book II is what everyone associates Mystery of the Emblem with so just pretend Book I doesn't exist.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I few days ago, i made a tier list ranking every Fire Emblem by how good it's final map theme is. Things to note:

• Three Houses has multiple so i used the banners instead
  • Black Eagles - Crimson Flower and Blue Lions have the same final map theme
  • Mystery has two final map themes because of Book I and Book II but Book II is what everyone associates Mystery of the Emblem with so just pretend Book I doesn't exist.

Thoughts?

*LE GASP*

How dare you put Fates and Awakening on the S Rank they are THE WORST yadayadayada!!!!!!11!1!!!!!111!!!11!

Just kidding, but I can't really have a say in this because I haven't played many FE games...

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

• Conquest: 8.5
  • Birthright: 6.5
  • Revelation: 5.5

Typical Fandom... They'd rather see Ryoma and Takumi die because the other paths have a "terrible plot" or something. Sheesh.

Nothing against you, I just don't see why Birthright and Revelations get a whole load of hate compared to Conquest.

I also prefer Hoshido over Mohr simply because of Xander's and Camilla's existence. However Conquest is the way more challenging route, so definitely more enjoyable than Birthright

I am one of the few who does not hate Revelation simply because I honor the idea of the map gimmicks, even if most of them are horribly executed. The door chapter takes the care for being the worst FE chapter in existence. Still a few maps were fun, more fun than Birthright. Also having all characters together is cool. 

So... apparently, there is an enemy in Megadimension Neptunia VII that gives 15,000,000 EXP when defeated and you can kill it in a single hit. What the actual hell?
Also, Neptune interacting with her bigger self is the best thing ever. "We're the protagonists! So take that!" XD

---

As for ranking Fire Emblem games, I usually have a very hard time ranking things I like or dislike. I do know when I like something more than something else, but making a numbered/tiered list out of that is... well, hard.
If I had to make a ranking for Three Houses, it would just be something superficial like this:
Story (criteria: Which one sucked me in the most? Which ending did I like the best?): Golden Deer > Black Eagles (Crimson Flower) > Blue Lions > Black Eagles (Silver Snow)
Characters (criteria: How likeable and engaging where they?): Blue Lions > Golden Deer > Black Eagles
Maps (criteria: how much fun did I have playing them?): Golden Deer > Black Eagles (Crimson Flower) >>>>>> Black Eagles (Silver Snow) (the final map is what killed this one) > Blue Lions (a.k.a. siege weapon spam - the game)

But this is as deep as my ranking system goes. I couldn't make one of the specific characters or units.

Annette lower than Linhardt, Leonie, and Sylvain... It's treason, then.
I'm kidding, of course.

3 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Golden Deers's females adult look better imo.

Agreed. Blue Lions got it worst, in my opinion. Poor Ingrid and Mercedes...

14 hours ago, Nobody said:

How DARE you put final holy war at C

Final Holy War is a good song but it doesn't really feel like a final battle theme to me. I think i would've liked it more if it wasn't Birth of the Holy Knight 2.

9 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

*LE GASP*

How dare you put Fates and Awakening on the S Rank they are THE WORST yadayadayada!!!!!!11!1!!!!!111!!!11!

Just kidding, but I can't really have a say in this because I haven't played many FE games...

Just as a reminder, that tier list is based on how good their final map theme is. That's why Three Houses is on there four times, thought it only technically has three final map themes. I'll provide my actual FE tier list at the end of this post.

8 hours ago, Lysithea said:

I am one of the few who does not hate Revelation simply because I honor the idea of the map gimmicks, even if most of them are horribly executed.

Ey, another person that doesn't hate Revelation's map design with a burning passion. I thought they were fine for the most part. Yeah some kinda went a bit too far but for the most part, it was like whatever.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Agreed. Blue Lions got it worst, in my opinion. Poor Ingrid and Mercedes...

My same thoughts. Compared to Black Eagles and Golden Deer, where i had to think about who to S-Support (moreso in Black Eagles because in Golden Deer, Leonie was not part of the equation), when i was playing Blue Lions i was like "damn, it's crazy how Annette is the only S-Supportable girl of the Blue Lions".

Anyways, as promised, here's my actual Fire Emblem games tier-list.

Edited by Armagon

Never change Florida. Never change.

I live in central Florida so despite Hurricane DORI-YAH coming at us as a CAT 4, it's probably gonna be like a CAT 2 at worse by the time it gets to where i live.

But if you live in the coast, fucking evacuate.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, really? I saw the height chart once. Trully one of; but not the actual shortest?

She is the shortest of the Black Eagles (after the time skip!). 

Of the entire cast at least two playable characters from other houses are shorter than her. 

Also stay safe! 

Hurricane season just have started and already a biggy is going to enter the mainland.

Category two would mean torn power lines and fallen roof tiles. Still more powerful than any storm I have had to deal with in my life yet. Strongest storm was in January 2007 with a wind max speed of 150 km / h. 

Edited by Lysithea