The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Honestly, the biggest travesty with Sword and Shield will be when we find out that Stealth Rock is still in the game.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EIsR2syXsAMmN2h?format=jpg&name=small

Everyone who says "who?" at each new character reveal is now in shambles.

Oh yeah, KOS-MOS time.

Normally I would be inclined to believe Sakurai, but Nintendo picked all the DLC characters this time so I don't know how true this is.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though it isn't surprising considering the Cyber Sleuth games absolutely blow every Pokémon game out of the water in nearly every aspect.

you played them? How are they? i have been thinking of getting them some day as a ''monster collecting'' game as i am kinda missing the genre, but at the same time i am kinda afraid it will bore me out.

And how are the random encounters in them? Can you go around them ala Pokemon?

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though it isn't surprising considering the Cyber Sleuth games absolutely blow every Pokémon game out of the water in nearly every aspect.

While Nep Dream is dead, Adol Dream still alive!

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well Resetera is a subterrenean goblin cave so they don't get to have opinions. That said, it is true that many people will buy the games regardless of Dexit. There are two in that category

1. People who just don't give a shit about transfering (even before Dexit)
  2. Newcomers who don't have anything to transfer

I think most of the competitive scene is either on the fence or won't be buying the game because Dexit affects them the most but the competitive scene is tiny compared to the casual scene and the bigger mistake was playing competitive Pokemon anyway.

Honestly, Dexit is just a drop in the sea of dissapointments for me tbh (As i usually only used transfers post game anyway). It's just when you compare every other Series you grew up with with Pokemon, you see how it's just the same Pokemon as always, and that instead of evolving they keep cutting features.

So 'Dexit' didn't really change my decision as i was not going to buy new pokemon game anyway unless it heavily evolved like how every other Ninty game dead. But it's sad to see how they keep removing features, make the game cost more and people will still defend them.

Also Dexit is a horrible name as it could refer to something else irl that i never ever want to happen xD

7 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

For all of their outrage they never have the guts to actually go through with it. 

truely regretera

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There don't seem to be as many playable characters in general. Beyond the three that the game gives you at the start, I've only seen one who might also join the party (which you already confirmed for me).

There are six in total (so a bit less than Lulua's eight playable characters) though the reserve section has enough spots for eight characters so i'm assuming more are on the way via DLC but there's nothing about that on the DLC schedule.

Speaking of DLC, i think some of it might actually be worth it this time. There are going to be DLC side-stories with each playable character in the lead. These are actual side-stories so characters have fixed stats and don't level up.

Change BGM is also being added in as free DLC, except for Atelier Lulua music where it's bundled with a seperate Gust music pack that you have to pay for, for some reason. I don't know why they didn't just put Atelier Lulua music with the rest of Atelier.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

For my part, I haven't gotten too far, because I'm busy with uni (not that one) stuff at the moment, so I can't play too much.

Understandable. College for me hasn't really been that hard. Other than math, which i regularly do each week, i can actually get away with doing most things the day it's due. Of course, i'm still in my first year so that strategy won't be viable forever.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh yeah, KOS-MOS time.

Shion would still be the better Xenosaga rep. I will die on that hill.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Adol Dream still alive!

I deadass read this too fast and i read Adol as Avdol. As in the JoJo character

latest?cb=20170316071704

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's just when you compare every other Series you grew up with with Pokemon, you see how it's just the same Pokemon as always, and that instead of evolving they keep cutting features.

Yeah, Pokemon has recently stagnated but because the series is so big, it's for that to really be felt by most people. 

But i think it's telling when more people have more fond memories of Gens 1 through 5 than Gens 6 and 7. Because there was a time when Pokemon actually making an effort to change. B2W2 was the peak. But then Gens 6 and 7, as much as i like those as well, that's when Game Freak began to cut corners. Then Ultra Sun and Moon came out and i think that's when the series really started going downhill, at least for me. And even spin-offs aren't doing so well. Mystery Dungeon hasn't had a good game since Explorers of Sky but even beyond that, Pokemon spin-offs are just mobile games now. Admitadly Game Freak doesn't do the spin-offs but still.

Edited by Armagon

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Am i just bad? Because that battle gave me way too much trouble and i'm specifically refering to the final boss (the map itself is still ass but whatever, there's been worse). Even after the barrier is taken down, the final boss is just way too strong. I beat it with a Sublime Ruptured Heaven -> Luna but this only worked because i got a crit with the former. In other words, it was actually luck that allowed me to even win.

...And yet everyone's saying that the final battle was easy, even on Hard. What the fuck?

First, yes, the final boss was hard. Pretty much the rest of the map wasn't, the final boss was unfair being too dodgy, too strong, and too regenerative.

I needed a barely not OHKO'ed Lorenz with Heartseeker landing Ragnarok, a hit (he missed one of his two) from Claude buffed by Byleth and Hilda, a Seteth Focused Strike Silver Axe hit, and a Lys Luna. All of this with less than 100% guaranteed hit rates, and not a single damage heal proc from the final boss to undo my hard work. I had 8 Pulses left to redo things if I had to, but this was still hard, or perhaps "unfair" is the better word.

Things would be better if the boss only had a 25-30% HP heal and everything else was the same. I could chip him down safely over time before a final blast if the heal wasn't so big. I have played two SRWs, they have had final bosses consisting of ??????? HP that regens 30% a turn and usually have Warp Fields on top of that to half most incoming damage. Those seem better designed than 3H's final boss, although SRW has Strike for 100% hit rates for one turn and Alert for one guaranteed dodge.

As for the rest of the 3H GD final battle, one key lesson: Enemies. Are. Statues. Most story maps in the later half of the game, and some even before then, are 95% composed of enemies who will do absolutely nothing if nobody enters their ranges or aggros someone else in their small group if they belong to one. If you aren't playing for turn counts, baiting and turtling will give you full control of every enemy's movement, there will be no danger you do not take up yourself.

And I'm surprised the final battle terrain wasn't very bothersome actually, it could've slowed you down way more than it did, but they held back on that.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I think most of the competitive scene is either on the fence or won't be buying the game because Dexit affects them the most but the competitive scene is tiny compared to the casual scene and the bigger mistake was playing competitive Pokemon anyway.

Yeah, I wonder if it's going to bifurcated by this. Since the new gen won't have all Pokemon, will they keep the USUM competitive scene alive for those who don't want to be boxed into the 400?

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shion would still be the better Xenosaga rep. I will die on that hill.

Fun to play still likely means having to pick the "most main" character. And I don't necessarily like that myself. My fantasy Smash pick is secondary to another boring sword user.

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you played them? How are they? i have been thinking of getting them some day as a ''monster collecting'' game as i am kinda missing the genre, but at the same time i am kinda afraid it will bore me out.

And how are the random encounters in them? Can you go around them ala Pokemon?

Mini-review go!
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and DSCS Hacker's Memory are both fantastic games in my opinion. Random encounters are... well, random. There is no going around them. But that's not so bad, because the battle system is fun enough. It's turn based, you have up to three Digimon out on the field in battle and turn order is displayed on-screen, like in the Atelier games pre-Ryza, Trails of Cold Steel, Neptunia, Fairy Fencer, and Final Fantasy X. Your Digimon can either attack normally or with a skill and each of the Digimon comes with its own special move. Some particular ones have two special moves.
There is also a sort of type advantage mechanic like FE's weapon triangle. Each Digimon has a type: Data, Vaccine, Virus, and Free. The advantages go like this:
Vaccine > Virus > Data > Vaccine.
Free has no advantages or disadvantages against any other type. The "beats" translates to double and half damage, respectively (ex. if you attack a Virus type with a Data type, you only deal half damage, attack with a Vaccine type, your damage doubles).
There are also elements that come to play and each element also has an advantage over another. The multiplier for this is 1.5 damage for an effective element. There is no "non-effective" element, though.
The element advantages look something like this: Fire > Grass > Water > Fire; Electricty > Wind > Ground > Electricity; Dark > Light > Dark
The multipliers stack, so if, say a Fire-type Vaccine attacks a Grass-type Virus, the attack will deal 3x normal damage. And if a Light-type Data attacks a Dark-type Virus, the attack will deal 0.75x normal damage.

The main gameplay consists of completing cases (this game's quest system) for rewards. During exploration, your active party follows you around. And yes, even the largest and most threatening Digimon follow you, which looks something like this:
XDvA65Z.jpg
Don'cha mess with me!

The actual party size is 11 Digimon and all of them get the full EXP from battle.
Sadly, the dungeon aesthetic doesn't ever get much better than what you see in that screenshot. If you play the game, you'll know why it is that way, but it's worth mentioning regardless. The camera is also fixed at all times.

You obtain Digimon by fighting them and scanning them (this is done automatically at the beginning of each battle). Once they are 100% scanned, which takes some battles, you can then "convert" them at the DigiLab and put them in your party. If your party is full, there is the DigiFarm, where you can put your Digimon to have them level up automatically. You can have up to five of these DigiFarms and each Farm holds 10 Digimon.
This basically means that grinding, while there, is a complete non-issue.
Difficulty is alright, I'd say. It's not too hard, but not too easy. Everything is doable without optimizing, luckily, even on Hard Mode. Though there is plenty of opportunity to cheese the games.

Evolving Digimon (or "Digivolving") is a bit different. By which I mean VERY different. The Digimon in this game don't have a fixed evolutionary line like in the Anime (ex. Agumon -> Greymon -> MetalGreymon -> WarGreymon), instead you can choose which evolution path to pick. To digivolve, your Digimon also needs to hit certain stat-benchmarks, such as level, attack, friendship etc.
You can even de-digivolve them into previous forms, which is downright necessary sometimes, because the Digimon you convert have a low level limit, which you can raise by digivolving and de-digivolving them until it hits 99.
This encourages a lot of experimentation and adds to the replayability of the game for me.

Each game has a very good amount of Digimon, as well. The original Cyber Sleuth had something along the lines of 260 and the second game, Hacker's Memory ups that number to 340-something. All of them have their own unique special moves and animations, too.

Sorry if that got a bit wall-of-text-y.

Understandable. College for me hasn't really been that hard. Other than math, which i regularly do each week, i can actually get away with doing most things the day it's due. Of course, i'm still in my first year so that strategy won't be viable forever.

Depends. If you get a good rhythm going, the workload will feel like it never increases. I actually feel like I'm doing less now than I did during my first year of university. It's just that I have two presentations at the end of the month, for which I need to read no less than three 40+ page essays and two books. That's basically what's keeping me busy right now.

There are six in total (so a bit less than Lulua's eight playable characters) though the reserve section has enough spots for eight characters so i'm assuming more are on the way via DLC but there's nothing about that on the DLC schedule.

Speaking of DLC, i think some of it might actually be worth it this time. There are going to be DLC side-stories with each playable character in the lead. These are actual side-stories so characters have fixed stats and don't level up.

Change BGM is also being added in as free DLC, except for Atelier Lulua music where it's bundled with a seperate Gust music pack that you have to pay for, for some reason. I don't know why they didn't just put Atelier Lulua music with the rest of Atelier.

Six, eh? Huh. I wonder who the other two are (don't spoil, please).
As far as the DLC goes, I'll see if I want to buy it or not. For now, I'm fine with the base game.

Yeah, Pokemon has recently stagnated but because the series is so big, it's for that to really be felt by most people. 

But i think it's telling when more people have more fond memories of Gens 1 through 5 than Gens 6 and 7. Because there was a time when Pokemon actually making an effort to change. B2W2 was the peak. But then Gens 6 and 7, as much as i like those as well, that's when Game Freak began to cut corners. Then Ultra Sun and Moon came out and i think that's when the series really started going downhill, at least for me. And even spin-offs aren't doing so well. Mystery Dungeon hasn't had a good game since Explorers of Sky but even beyond that, Pokemon spin-offs are just mobile games now.

Spin-off wise, Pokémon hit an all-time high in Gens III and IV. Between Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games, the spin-offs were arguably better than the mainline titles.
My personal "I don't want to play Pokémon anymore" was the demo for Sun and Moon. Everything just felt so damn soulless. Not to mention the obnoxious music and Pokémon designs as a whole.

Edited by DragonFlames

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But then Gens 6 and 7, as much as i like those as well, that's when Game Freak began to cut corners. Then Ultra Sun and Moon came out and i think that's when the series really started going downhill, at least for me.

Biggest problem for me with 3DS gens is imo the lack of a post game. Where the hell is the post game? I am one of the few who love Gen 7 due to the changes they did and finally removing HMs. But the post game consisted of 1 route....

Gen2/3/4/5 had so much more. Gen 2 and Gen 2 remakes had a whole fucking region open in the post game.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I wonder if it's going to bifurcated by this. Since the new gen won't have all Pokemon, will they keep the USUM competitive scene alive for those who don't want to be boxed into the 400?

Showdown will just make a USUM+ meta including the 80 or so new pokemon

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

-snip-

Nice Nice. Thanks for the mini read up! I should get it some time. Maybe when i get a switch as a replacement for pokemon...

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

for which I need to read no less than three 40+ page essays and two books.

OOF. Good luck. I am in a smiliar boot atm with my thesis having to write ~60 Pages or so by early next month. I was hoping to get a 'first version' done or so by yesterday, but i am still at the first part of documenting lmao.

I hate documenting, as i said many times before... Worse yet, everytime i try to write something for uni... i write Nepfics instead.

Edited by Shrimperor

Everyday packages from Amazon come home, and everyday I cannot receive them because I am not at home except for the "late" ones (at 9 PM when I am almost sleeping).

Most of them are things I cannot take from the post office because these are furniture, so extremly heavy. 

Idk if these things can be delivered to me at a time when I am home, which would be only Saturday.

I guess I have to rent a van.

Anyways I have a new kitty:

Spoiler

GdUVSwi.jpg

Yeah, no real one, but still an adorable one.

In my hunt for more Rosie fanart, I found this under Rosalina tag for some reason:

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor

Spoiler

m0f2jZu.jpg

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nice Nice. Thanks for the mini read up! I should get it some time. Maybe when i get a switch as a replacement for pokemon...

No problem. Always happy to help out!
As far as I know, it's available on Steam, too.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

OOF. Good luck. I am in a smiliar boot atm with my thesis having to write ~60 Pages or so by early next month. I was hoping to get a 'first version' done or so by yesterday, but i am still at the first part of documenting lmao.

I hate documenting, as i said many times before... Worse yet, everytime i try to write something for uni... i write Nepfics instead.

Not gonna lie, I'd legit like to read one of those Nepfics.

Thank you!
Good luck with your thesis, as well! Oof, indeed.
Here's a little something for motivation:
kyNCN5J.jpg

---

I also wasted some time to make this unfunny meme:
https://i.imgur.com/0hpOHwa.jpg
Title: Barrel - No one can escape

5 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

In my hunt for more Rosie fanart, I found this under Rosalina tag for some reason:

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor

Hide contents

m0f2jZu.jpg

Ded.

Edited by DragonFlames

If her name was Rosalila, it would have made sense, but as for Rosalina, I cannot quite see it.

Anyways I am close before the final of Xenoblade Torna.

However unlike the main game it forces the player to do pretty much all (optional) quests and for some of them I cannot do them without a guide.

Reaching level 4 is tedious.

Just reached level 3 and technically I have less quests than required people to reach level 4.

I guess some quests will deepen the bond of multiple people, otherwise Idk how to reach level 4.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

Ayy Big Nepsy cosplaying as a GBF character :3

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as I know, it's available on Steam, too.

Yup yup, it is. But i think monster collecting is one of those games better on a console.

Not gonna lie, I'd legit like to read one of those Nepfics.

Good luck with your thesis, as well!

Thank you thank you^^

kyNCN5J.jpg

My Life for my studies, sounds legit xD

But yeah, i truely should. It's the last step before graduation

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I read the one titled "Hardworking Purple" just now. Funny how Noire got called by name only in the dialogue, the rest was "Lonely Heart", "Tsundere Heart" and other things. XD
The ending was really heartwarming. I actually could see a scene like that appearing in the games, too.

Thanks for sharing!

My Life for my studies, sounds legit xD

But yeah, i truely should. It's the last step before graduation

Please don't actually die over it, though. That would suck.

Yup yup, it is. But i think monster collecting is one of those games better on a console.

Agreed. says the guy who doesn't even play games on his PC.

Attack on Titan Ch.123 weeeeeeeeeeeew

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I read the one titled "Hardworking Purple" just now. Funny how Noire got called by name only in the dialogue, the rest was "Lonely Heart", "Tsundere Heart" and other things. XD
The ending was really heartwarming. I actually could see a scene like that appearing in the games, too.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words^^

Honest tho, if i were to recommend one of them, i would recommend ''A Mother's Failure''. For your yearly shot of despresso.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks for sharing!

I hope i don't xD

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Attack on Titan Ch.123 weeeeeeeeeeeew

Thanks for the kind words^^

Honest tho, if i were to recommend one of them, i would recommend ''A Mother's Failure''. For your yearly shot of despresso.

sitting-at-computer-meme-template.jpg
1awLAQe.png
lie_down_try_not_to_cry_cry_a_lot_cleane
Why would you do this to me?

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Because i am evil *Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha*

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's an anti-despresso

Something about Archer and Saber of all people dancing happily feels wrong. Very wrong. XD
But thanks. I needed that.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Something about Archer and Saber of all people dancing happily feels wrong. Very wrong. XD
But thanks. I needed that.

Carnival Phantasm best fate

how the grail war is truely fought

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Carnival Phantasm best fate

how the grail war is truely fought

Screw Formula One, THIS is true motorsports! XD

I laughed from beginning to end. Best part was Berser-Car, Kojiro and his temple-truck and the ending.
Oh gods, I can't! XD

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Screw Formula One, THIS is true motorsports! XD

I laughed from beginning to end. Best part was Berser-Car and the ending.
Oh gods, I can't! XD

I would've suggested you watch the whole series, but there're HF spoilers there and you didn't finsh HF yet.

But i remember when i found it back then

12 episodes of non-stop laughing xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I would've suggested you watch the whole series, but there're HF spoilers there and you didn't finsh HF yet.

But i remember when i found it back then

12 episodes of non-stop laughing xD

I can imagine XD