The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I've started playing Civilization VI, the one game I got for Xmas to venture beyond my usual gaming boundaries. 

The tutorials are barely useful, the massive amount of information I have to learn is crushingly overwhelming, I restarted like three times within 100 turns until after reading online expand expand expand! is the key to the earlygame, and did just that

This is me after trying to play this game.

I have to admit I already played a game from this series about 20 years ago, but (of course) I lost pretty much all the knowledge during the abstinence.

The long tutorial literally beat me with its information. 

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Civilization, huh. I think my brother owns one of the games and plays it with some of his friends... but haven't really found much pull to the series myself.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...It all makes sense now! Byleth is a male CPU! *angry Neptunia Fanbase noises*

Reveal hidden contents

ueZY5ep.jpg

Honestly though, Flayn's S-support is hilarious. Best thing since grilled Fish. Worth playing the Church route for that alone xD

Flayn's S-support is one of my favorites for this reason, actually.

... And now I want an actual FE x Nep crossover. Thanks for that. XD

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So, as you might've guessed, i just finished Silver Snow. While i did enjoy it, i will say i liked it a bit less than Crimson Flower, mainly due to 2 Big Story OOFs i will speak about later, but first, let's start what i liked:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Seteth and Flayn easily make the route for me. And even though the game doesn't treat them as such (you don't get game over when Seteth 'dies'), they are the 'lord' and 'Companion' of this route (Akin to Edel/Hubie, Joe/Hilda, Edgeitri/DuscurDude). Seteth is the biggest bro, and his and Flayn's  insights and views were always interesting. Seteth is fair, even to his enemies, even to Edelgard who he acknowledges as a good ruler during the route. Flayn interacting with the cast was always a treat, especially when you get to know she wants to have human companions and fight alongside them, like her Father and Mother did. Poor Seteth got robbed from the lord role. Honestly, i might've enjoyed Seteth + Flayn post time skip a bit more than  Edel + Hubie.
  • You get to see all the suffering Edelgard caused with her big war, and the results of it. You don't really get to see that in CF.
  • You get more time to customize your units and build support, allowing me to get more out of the Story
  • This route did feel alot like playing a classic fe, going against a big ass Empire and stuff

Now, let's view the oofs, including the 2 big oofs

Reveal hidden contents
  • Reunion Chapter.... Look, i don't mind low man chapters much, but not against ~40 freaking units that are all super op with high AS. What the hell, IS? Also, why give us only 3 Keys in a Chapter with 4 Chests? Am i suppossed to see the future?
  • Rhea should've been playable after we saved her
  • Big OOF #1: Dimitri and Claude being off screen'd. While i don't mind Dimitri much since it seems his job is getting rekt in every route anyway, Claude dissapearing and never appearing again made me go ''wat?''. Although i can guess he dissapeared to Almyra like in CF if you spare him, i would've still liked to see him in some way, since we were making an alliance with the alliance. I was hoping to see some more GD characters and stuff. With the lords all ded, we control Fodlan. Too convenient, way too convenient.
  • Big OOF #2: Rhea final boss. Like, why? After all we did to save her, she goes mad? Honestly, the whole final chapter feels tacked on just so we can have a dragon final boss because Fire Emblem needs them. Rhea should've been playable as i said and maybe the lord after we save her (with her rescue happening a bit earlier ), and we get her cool Seiros look we see in CF as enemy Boss. Shambala map could've worked as final map with some added stuff. It already reminded me alot of FE5 final map anyway, alot. Just add more towers and make the boss room a bit thougher so you can't reach him in the same turn you open the door. Maybe add a turn limit or something with nuke missiles nuking you and gg'ing if you didn't clear before turn limit. That's the biggest thing i am iffy about in this route, Rhea being final boss. Unneeded.
  • With Rhea dead... Why didn't Byleth change back and lose his Crest like in CF? or didn't she die? If so, Why doesn't the game tell us anything? The last cutscene implies she died after Byleth held into her after she retransformed back. ''You're here, Mother'' and closing the eyes hmm. 

And now i have even more questions that i hope will get answered in the other routes xD

Still, CF and SS were both enjoyable, even if not completely satisfying, let's see of the other routes can fill that.... after a break, even if my curiousty makes me want to start the game now xD

Hey, you have the same OOFs as I did! XD
And yes, Seteth and Flayn are perfect for the role they were given. This route is in part why I love these two so very much.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

... And now I want an actual FE x Nep crossover. Thanks for that. XD

Nep in Golden Memes

Vert in Boy's Love

Noire in Bloody Eyes

Blanc chilling in the Library.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well Rex should always have that. If you have the free Melee Myhtra aux cord, that's even better. Crithra is one of the best builds in the game. Spin to win.

Considering Overdrive can be activated as long as Elma is on the field, I'm pretty sure Shulk's Visions also activate if he's on the field. Doesn't require you to be the one in control.

Well of course, but the minute I switch to Mythra, I'm dead in a few seconds, if not less. What is Mythra's max crit rate anyways? Lightspeed Flurry always let's me down when I don't need it to. I believe it's called Lightspeed Flurry, anyways, not 100% sure. One more thing, is Going Rolling Smash combined with Lightspeed Flurry worth it? For lowering aggro, I mean.

Right, I know that but if they die and I cant revive them due to party gauge lock/ depletion, is it worth having them on allies?

19 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

How did it go?

Memes were had. Knowing what I know about Dim and Edy, I dont think I'll enjoy them as much as Claudes route. I am very interested in Jeritza tho.

18 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I can't imagine doing any other route than Blue Lions...

I think that's just most people's reaction to who they picked first. The bias is already there.

So i decided i want to see another S-support, so i went to final map, lowered the difficulty, rushed and rekt the final boss

Spoiler

20191229_202154.jpg

Did Rhea do all of this for nothing when the solution was so easy? xXXD

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
Nep in Golden Memes

Vert in Boy's Love

Noire in Bloody Eyes

Blanc chilling in the Library.

Seems about right.
I'd S-support Purple Heart.

25 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So i decided i want to see another S-support, so i went to final map, lowered the difficulty, rushed and rekt the final boss

Reveal hidden contents

20191229_202154.jpg

Did Rhea do all of this for nothing when the solution was so easy? xXXD

You know

The moment you told me that Eryn just comes back to be with Fang in her ending, I was like "that's the S-support with Sothis". Glad I can finally get that one off my chest. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd S-support Purple Heart.

She'll steal the Protag role and powers from Byleth before s/he can do that 😛

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

The moment you told me that Eryn just comes back to be with Fang in her ending, I was like "that's the S-support with Sothis". Glad I can finally get that one off my chest. XD

yup, yup. That came to mind as well.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

She'll steal the Protag role and powers from Byleth before s/he can do that 😛

Most likely, yeah.

And now I'm imagining Three Houses with Neptune replacing Byleth, with her insisting that everyone call her "Professor Nep".
Wtf, brain? XD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And now I'm imagining Three Houses with Neptune replacing Byleth, with her insisting that everyone call her "Professor Nep".
Wtf, brain? XD

Nep teaching the students

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

What is Mythra's max crit rate anyways?

I think max Lightspeed Flurry is like, 70% crit-rate. Which is further increased by aux cores and the like.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Right, I know that but if they die and I cant revive them due to party gauge lock/ depletion, is it worth having them on allies?

I'd still say yes because you don't want two Light Blades on Rex.

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And now I want an actual FE x Nep crossover.

Wish granted

VocYSmC.png?1

Thracia 775

This is the closest we'll get. For now.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Ah yes, the Sothis S-Support. This one's hilarious because Byleth is essentially just marrying himself. 

3 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Saw the Disney Star Wars trilogy. They were alright. The second one was the best.

Still miles better than the prequels, the best things those movies offer are memes.

Thank you for being a sane person. The Sequel Trilogy has it's flaws (and Rise of Skywalker is a really messy movie) but I really don't get the people that say that the Prequels are better than the Sequels, especially when it was only a few years ago that everyone was dead set on shitting on the Prequels. I will say that Revenge of the Sith is better than The Rise of Skywalker but only because the latter is just really messy. But as a trilogy, ST>>PT anyday.

All these past days/weeks that I've been playing Skyrim and only just now it clicks on me the fact one character there is named Mila Valentia.

Very likely to be a coincidence (more so when the Valentia localization of Valencia only exists since the SoV remak); but still, gave me a chuckle.

So i tried a bit of maddening mode last night...

What a tedious, slow, boring and unfun mess. It isn't even difficult, it just forces you to play slow, use bait and switch, focus on tanking and group your peeps together so that guy with pass and triple your AS doesn't one shot your squishy dudette. And getting 0 exp for killing non boss enemies isn't my idea of fun.

Maddening turns the game from a fast paced player phase focused game to a tedious "bait enemy one by one in EP then kill" thing.

I want Conquest lunatic back. Now that was a fun highest difficulty mode.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Ah yes, the Sothis S-Support. This one's hilarious because Byleth is essentially just marrying himself

Spoiler

He even puts the finger in his own ring. Was he just imagining it all along due to his lonliness xD

Maddening mode is only enemy phase heavy in early game. After like chapter 6 it becomes more and mkte the total opposite. The enemies are so strong and spawn before enemy phase that you have to take them out as many as possible in player phase.

That said I did not enjoy it much, but only because of the existing of ambush reinforcements, the worst mechanic ever in FE besides 1-99%. 

The guy that made a Blue Lions anime opening also made one for the Golden Deer (spoilers inbound)

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm36147826

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ah yes, the Sothis S-Support. This one's hilarious because Byleth is essentially just marrying himself. 

Thank you for being a sane person. The Sequel Trilogy has it's flaws (and Rise of Skywalker is a really messy movie) but I really don't get the people that say that the Prequels are better than the Sequels, especially when it was only a few years ago that everyone was dead set on shitting on the Prequels. I will say that Revenge of the Sith is better than The Rise of Skywalker but only because the latter is just really messy. But as a trilogy, ST>>PT anyday.

Yup, the only atbest decent Prequel star wars movie is the third one. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the clones are garbage. The best thing I can say about them is that they gave us some cool stories in The Clone Wars cartoon.

With the way the movies were received over the years I expected them to be a lot worse but I even ended up liking the 'The last jedi'. That's the one that got a lot of flack. It's just a shame that Rian Johnson is no Chris Avellone, Chris Avellone wrote Kotor 2 and that game takes the interesting parts of that movie and handles them a lot better.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:
I think max Lightspeed Flurry is like, 70% crit-rate. Which is further increased by aux cores and the like.

I'd still say yes because you don't want two Light Blades on Rex.

Alright, that's not bad at all.

But if I dont have Corvin on, I cant survive, and without Mythra I cant win without the time running out. 

I have to go for a full burst by getting all the elements on there by using 

Spoiler

Pnuema.

Thank you for answering my silly questions though.