• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Practicing KH to get ready for the DLC, I'm super excited for more opportunities to play as Aqua, of course. So I've been playing 0.2 and 3 fighting the Dark Inferno to get my reflexes against super bosses better. 

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fortress Knight

Them having 4 Mov without any ranged attacks means i will never use them. It's already a pain  to use 4 Mov Mages, but they atleast have ranged attacks up to 4 Range. Or even 5 sometimes.

Fortress Knight would only be able to use Hand Axes and Javelins. 2 Range max + 4 Mov Advanced class = nope.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not exactly Old Republic but i'll take it gladly.

Can't wait to see Yoda's midlife crisis.

So after making sequels to the originals, now they're making prequels to the prequels?

Incredibly inconsequential complaint:

8Bitdo's M30 "Sega-like" controller has the ability to use the D-Pad as the equivalent to the D-Pad, left stick, or right stick on a normal controller.

Their SN30 SNES controller does not. For some reason.

It's an older product, but surely this could be rectified via a firmware update?

On 1/2/2020 at 6:11 PM, Shrimperor said:

And anytime stuff like ambush reinforcements happens. Or Warp tiles. Or FE6 True end bs.

You can reset for ambush spawns. Not nearly as easy to reset for Kage in Birthright.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:11 PM, Shrimperor said:

Not everyone has the time or wants to replay games. Except for some FE (basically, CQ and Three houses), i usually never replay games either. So hiding stuff for ''lol replay it'' is dumb.

There are other stuff that makes games replayble, like customization, variety, difficulties, route splits, etc.

But not hiding stuff from player.

Just cause it isn't your preference doesn't make it dumb. I rarely have time to replay games as well so if I really want to complete the whole game in one go I use a spoiler free guide. I see no use in getting mad at game devs for adding content for players that do want to replay their games.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Soon 

I can't wait to binge this!

30 minutes ago, Quiyonce said:

You can reset for ambush spawns. Not nearly as easy to reset for Kage in Birthright.

Whataboutism much? I am not a big fan of birthright either, but that doesn't remove the fact that ambush spawns are dumb.

30 minutes ago, Quiyonce said:

I see no use in getting mad at game devs for adding content for players that do want to replay their games.

There is a difference between adding content, rewarding players for searching hard enough, bonus replay content, and surprise game over the player or permanently affect their run by something the player couldn't see coming unless they have the power to see the future.

The player should always be able to react. Always. Otherwise it's bullshit game design.

Edited by Shrimperor

Got a Switch yesterday, and started playing Three Houses earlier today.

First Impression:

8yS5_nI8-oRXVBQi6-8u_Jig7boSI-NkM_qd5QGd-tZTeM2ftASye4_3LR8Z7oFJS1u-gHWX0dP_Bwu-wthevmHYlaDS_fl7muMC14nPIrCKKqeewXCNBRF244vbLz6s112b1pZD

I haven't played enough of the game to make a definitive opinion on it yet, although I will be honest and say that I'm not a fan of the animations so far. I knew going in that Shadows of Valentia's awesome battle animations were a result of several years experience with the engine, and thus Three Houses probably wouldn't be as good due to being the first venture on a new system. Still, they're a lot slower and weak-looking than they should be, and I have a hard time telling if the units are actually hitting each other most of the time. Seeing Jeralt's shield clip into his back made my excitement drop a little since they didn't fix the clipping issues that were present in all the 3DS games, and arrows moving in a glaringly straight line made me raise an eyebrow considering Echoes gave arrows arcs when firing and the other games compensated for the lack of an arc with speed.

It's not quite to the point that it ruins my overall enjoyment (yet), but I would knock a few points off in a review, since I expect more polish in a game that was delayed twice.

You know what would be a fun concept.

Reverse Phases

Imagine an entire game where it's the enemy that moves first. Or perhaps not. I bet it's the sort of thing that'll just be branded as dumb or BS...

Ch.13 of Vestaria Saga was so infuriating. In that chapter, you can recruit three characters: Seigfried, Hilda and Lianka. To get them, you had to do some trivial stuff the previous chapter. In Ch.13, you need to get Siegfried to a red chest and unlock it in 10 turns (the game actually lies and it's 8 because he starts on turn 2). YOU HAVE TO BE PERFECT IN GETTING HIM UP THERE BECAUSE YOU WILL RUN OUT OF TIME IF YOU DON'T, PREVENTING YOU FROM RECRUITING THE THREE CHARACTERS! I spent like two hours constantly reloading just trying to get the fucker up there. Oh btw, it's a desert map so in case you thought it couldn't get worse, it does. 

I also found out poison kills in this game (appearently it kills in GBA FE as well but it's such a non-issue in those games that i didn't notice).

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

So after making sequels to the originals, now they're making prequels to the prequels?

Can't believe we're gonna get r/prequelprequelmemes.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reverse Phases

Imagine an entire game where it's the enemy that moves first. Or perhaps not. I bet it's the sort of thing that'll just be branded as dumb or BS...

That's just the Lunatic mode of most FEs tbh.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reverse Phases

Could work in one or two maps, but not the whole game.

For those maps the prep willbe extra immportant.

And never combine it with fog/lack of enemy info on prep (like enemies suddenly appearing and attacking)

Iirc Valkyria Chronichles 4 had a map where enemy phase starts first...

And it's pretty hated because you don't know the enemies near your starting Area, and one of them is a big scary boss. Thankfully, in VC4 you can rescue units before they perma die, which makes this bs alot more bearable.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

desert map

I was on board until you said this. Seriously, fuck low mov maps. 99% of the time just a boring mess. There are some exceptions, but the majority just makes me wanna put away the controller and play something else.

58 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Whataboutism much? I am not a big fan of birthright either, but that doesn't remove the fact that ambush spawns are dumb.

Don't see how that term applies here. Ambush spawns (when they appear and take action on the same turn with no prior warning by the game) are dumb. Never said they weren't. They're just not nearly as bad as a character death unknowingly linked to support level. 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

There is a difference between adding content, rewarding players for searching hard enough, bonus replay content, and surprise game over the player or permanently affect their run by something the player couldn't see coming unless they have the power to see the future.

The player should always be able to react. Always. Otherwise it's bullshit game design.

Sounds like you're still talking about ambush spawns; which I was not referencing in the passage you quoted. At no point have I defended ambush spawns. 

I rarely have ever seen a series put into dirt as much as what happened to Star Wars

Already the first prequel detested me and now reading making a prequel of a prequel is the worst way to make more money at cost of one of the best movie series in the past 40 years. 

Edited by Zemuria

It's so nostalgic to read my old SRW playthrough narrations.

I keep saying I might do another; but in the end it never happens. Well, if it ever happens, it will certainly be with SRW D.

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

I rarely have ever seen a series put into dirt as much as what happened to Star Wars

Already the first prequel detested me and now reading making a prequel of a prequel is the worst way to make more money at cost of one of the best movie series in the past 40 years. 

Isn't the next one supposed to take place 400 years before the prequels tho? Like the only character that could be present/referenced is Yoda. I don't think this is the most optimal direction either but I think 400 years is far enough removed from the original saga to stand on its own, if the creative team does it right of course.

Done with chapter 3.

Again Leif has leveled no single strength point till level 6 yet.

Though at least he has got three defense points, so I did not need to use a shield ring on him.

Overall the level ups have been good so far, above average for FE5 standards.

Orsin and Halvan kick ass.

You guys ever got to the S support choice in FE 3H and

Spoiler

Didn't have Sothis in the list?

I just got that point and for the first time in my almost 5+ or so runs of the game she's not in the list. I think it's because I skipped a lot of scenes so I didn't get any points with her.