Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

b8e612d_1.jpg?width=230&height=432

Haha, lol. I don't think I ever paid attention to monster descriptions before. Maybe I should now, once I decide to resume my 3DS playthrough.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A bit quick to deny it, aren't we? XD

I like how the "i'm not THAT gross" line subtly implies that he's still a little bit gross.

I mean, to be fair, farm work can be kinda gross, depending on what exactly it is your doing.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, lol. I don't think I ever paid attention to monster descriptions before. Maybe I should now, once I decide to resume my 3DS playthrough.

I don't remember any of them, so i'm keeping an eye out for each monster i befriend. 

I think this particular description is for the big woolies because i have a regular sized one and it has a description.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Sorted alphabetically)

I'm thinking about how the majority of my Switch library is just anime

ER-CtyvUUAAJtZV?format=jpg&name=small

ER-CtywVAAEZD_b?format=jpg&name=small

All except Smash and Breath of the Wild are physical copies. The only two games on here i regret getting are Dragon: Marked for Death and Splatoon. Moreso Splatoon because that's $60 i'm never getting back. Marked for Death was on sale for $10 so it hurts significantly less.

Edited by Armagon

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I watched and like Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works, which sparked an interest in the Fate series, and I saw the games on the Ps Store a while ago and thought "this looks kinda neat", so I thought I'd ask about them. @Shrimperor recently told me that Fate/Extella was on the "meh" side, so I was wondering if the "Link" version was any better and if so, if the Link version is a sequel, remaster, or port of the original, hence my asking about that particular aspect of it.

As far as me wanting to get the game is concerned, I know it's basically a Warriors game with Fate characters and I happen to like Warriors gameplay, so I might pick it up if it ever goes on sale and/or if the game is any good.

Fair enough!
Fate Extra/Extella and all those are in a completely different type of world, so it might be different to you. I'm only really worried for you plotwise, and worried you may not understand some character dynamics/relationships since most noteable ones were formed back in like, Fate/Extra, so. If anyone calls my favorite character ever a fanservice character I will end them where they stand.

I already feel how much better it is than Extella in gameplay, I'm not a warriors person, Extella was meh but Link feels real fun to play.

Also talk to me about Fate more, what the hell, man.

Just now, Strullemia said:

There already is an Illya route! It's called Fate kaleid prisma Illya!

That Illya isn't the Illya i am talking about.

Even if i love Prisma and the manga finally got updated today after 3000 years 😛

58 minutes ago, Fleece said:

does link ease up on the nero shilling?

i felt like extella had so much to the point that it soured me on it if i'm remembering right

I haven't played too much of Link yet but considering I think there's just one singular branching story and considering Nero isn't the main main servant in this game to begin with probably.

Screenshot_2021.png

This is gonna eat away at me for the entire Spring Break and i didn't need this stess. It's not like my art history grade is in a bad spot right now. I did decently on my midterm. But like, c'mon

Today's final day of the big sale on PS Store and E-Shop.

I have to say there aren't many games which caught my interests because either I own already or I am not interested in.

Only purchased BlazBlue Crosstag Battle which is really fun.

I might grab the Deluxe Edition of Persona 5 for PS4 even if I have the game for PS3 already, but 20 € is seriously nothing.

I wished some Atelier games had been on sale, but I guess I have to hope for a KT sale (if this ever will happen).

Ryza is on sale for 45 € for PS4 which is first still too much for it (I would pay max. 30-35 €) and second I would prefer playing it on the Switch.

Got back into DQXI, I made it to Yggdrasil, and as for the events that followed SPOILERS up to Last Bastion...

Spoiler

The lack of an actual boss battle that you can win is anticlimatic. And for a tree sentient enough to endow a special brand, you'd think it have greater protections against evil hijacking it. But oh well, you know evil must triumph for heroes to overthrow it.

The rotating character perspectives before getting the Luminary reminded me of DQIV. My thoughts on each perspective:

• I loved Sylvando's! 🦚❤️😆 To have world-destroying tragedy followed by this silliness is quite disparate, but I smiled from beginning to end once it went in that direction. I remembered seeing in the advertising trailer for DQXI the Sylvando in that peacock costume, and I wondered when it would at last show up. Except I thought the entertainers in his coterie were showgirls, I was surprised to see it was showboys(?), and delighted by this gender inversion. I need to rewatch this at the Medailles Academy later.
    • Oh yeah, Sylvando's mother was a cheery princess from a fallen kingdom? Zwarddrust I guess that would be.
  • Jade's episode on the other hand I did not like at all. The bunny suit being used as a curse was too close to/is sex slavery, and the sad thing is Jade is still trapped in it at the mini-chapter's end. Poor Jade, I just want to pulverize the cretin and get her back, she'll probably be possessed and a part of the boss battle against him.
  • Erik's mini-chapter ended sad, since he was a good "bro" pal. The game hinted a little bit at his past, but I'm still in the dark. And who is this Seer and why are they interested in him? Does this move him closer to unlocking the rest of his grid? A Healslime vocally talking with that still Slime smile was weird, I think they need to improve this somehow.
  • Rab's was touching, helped develop the Luminary's parents, and had a clever use of avoiding uttering the protag's name. That particular moment reminded me of DQV's opening, speaking of DQV SPOILERS for it
    Spoiler

The trip back in time at the very beginning of XI reminded me right away of the time travel in V to swap the Gold Orb, which was such a sad moment in V. Since you can optionally talk to Pankraz and he won't listen, dooming him and his son to tragedy.

DQV in that moment laid the rules XI follows for DQ Hero talking, if they aren't in the present day and you aren't controlling them, they can speak. It's odd, but the logic is internally consistent.

The fact it said up that it was all a dream, made me want to get it over with, thinking this was a malicious trap designed to doom Rab to evil's clutches. It's good that it wasn't, and the idea of an old man being an apprentice is unusual, particularly to a woman who is visually young, but I'm all for it. A bunny girl was used here both for silliness and some seriousness that wasn't grim, quite the contrast between this, Jade's, and Sylvando's.

Why no Serenica chapter? Oh well, I guess this means they'll be the first two to rejoin the Luminary, a mage and priest to back his sword; just like Meena and Maya.

Sorry to see Nautica destroyed, being a fish had some sluggish movement, but the distant sight powers were cool, and rest assured I wish to avenge the Queen and her poetic speech. I'm surprised to see the adoptive mother and hometown sweetheart survived in prison all this time, considering DQ has murdered everyone in a village before.

No more Luminary section on the Character Builder I checked. I was wondering how the Luminary would learn Zapple if Zap was tied to the grid, that section of the grid of will probably be upgraded when the Luminary power returns, and Zapple with it. I had exactly enough skill points freed from this to learn Sword Dance for the time being, so I did. May it be as powerful as I've hoped it to be.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Got back into DQXI, I made it to Yggdrasil, and as for the events that followed SPOILERS up to Last Bastion...

Reveal hidden contents

The lack of an actual boss battle that you can win is anticlimatic. And for a tree sentient enough to endow a special brand, you'd think it have greater protections against evil hijacking it. But oh well, you know evil must triumph for heroes to overthrow it.

The rotating character perspectives before getting the Luminary reminded me of DQIV. My thoughts on each perspective:

• I loved Sylvando's! 🦚❤️😆 To have world-destroying tragedy followed by this silliness is quite disparate, but I smiled from beginning to end once it went in that direction. I remembered seeing in the advertising trailer for DQXI the Sylvando in that peacock costume, and I wondered when it would at last show up. Except I thought the entertainers in his coterie were showgirls, I was surprised to see it was showboys(?), and delighted by this gender inversion. I need to rewatch this at the Medailles Academy later.
    • Oh yeah, Sylvando's mother was a cheery princess from a fallen kingdom? Zwarddrust I guess that would be.
  • Jade's episode on the other hand I did not like at all. The bunny suit being used as a curse was too close to/is sex slavery, and the sad thing is Jade is still trapped in it at the mini-chapter's end. Poor Jade, I just want to pulverize the cretin and get her back, she'll probably be possessed and a part of the boss battle against him.
  • Erik's mini-chapter ended sad, since he was a good "bro" pal. The game hinted a little bit at his past, but I'm still in the dark. And who is this Seer and why are they interested in him? Does this move him closer to unlocking the rest of his grid? A Healslime vocally talking with that still Slime smile was weird, I think they need to improve this somehow.
  • Rab's was touching, helped develop the Luminary's parents, and had a clever use of avoiding uttering the protag's name. That particular moment reminded me of DQV's opening, speaking of DQV SPOILERS for it
      Reveal hidden contents

The trip back in time at the very beginning of XI reminded me right away of the time travel in V to swap the Gold Orb, which was such a sad moment in V. Since you can optionally talk to Pankraz and he won't listen, dooming him and his son to tragedy.

DQV in that moment laid the rules XI follows for DQ Hero talking, if they aren't in the present day and you aren't controlling them, they can speak. It's odd, but the logic is internally consistent.

The fact it said up that it was all a dream, made me want to get it over with, thinking this was a malicious trap designed to doom Rab to evil's clutches. It's good that it wasn't, and the idea of an old man being an apprentice is unusual, particularly to a woman who is visually young, but I'm all for it. A bunny girl was used here both for silliness and some seriousness that wasn't grim, quite the contrast between this, Jade's, and Sylvando's.

Why no Serenica chapter? Oh well, I guess this means they'll be the first two to rejoin the Luminary, a mage and priest to back his sword; just like Meena and Maya.

Sorry to see Nautica destroyed, being a fish had some sluggish movement, but the distant sight powers were cool, and rest assured I wish to avenge the Queen and her poetic speech. I'm surprised to see the adoptive mother and hometown sweetheart survived in prison all this time, considering DQ has murdered everyone in a village before.

No more Luminary section on the Character Builder I checked. I was wondering how the Luminary would learn Zapple if Zap was tied to the grid, that section of the grid of will probably be upgraded when the Luminary power returns, and Zapple with it. I had exactly enough skill points freed from this to learn Sword Dance for the time being, so I did. May it be as powerful as I've hoped it to be.

Spoiler

I thought that them focusing on the other characters was pretty interesting myself! My only disappointment was that they weren't longer! I'm not sure if I had a clear favorite, though.

I personally didn't mind Jade's either, considering that's kinda what they wanted her character to be like, I think.

The absolute strangest thing about Atelier Shallie is the complete lack of item duplication. Well, that's not 100% true as you can still equip "adventure items" that get replenished whenever you return to base but other than that, there's no way to replicate what you've made. No wholesale, no homunculi to make your items. What you make is what you get. I guess this is also a result of this being the first Atelier game without a time-limit and as such, Gust probably figured "hey, if they don't need to worry about time, then they don't need item duplication to save it". But they clearly changed their mind about that in Atelier Sophie and onwards.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

The life of the niche game player.

My everyday reality.

19 hours ago, Caster said:

Also talk to me about Fate more, what the hell, man.

It's just that I don't know enough of the franchise to feel confident to have any opinion on anything. Only that I absolutely love the premise (though I can't take it entirely seriously thanks to Monty Python's movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail") and that the anime adaptations I've seen have been great. Some of the best anime of the admittedly few that I've seen for sure.

---

Speaking of things I know next to nothing about, I continued with Xenoblade 2 earlier and finished chapter 3.
... Guys, the Tales of the Abyss "Seinaru Homura no Hikari" comparison to Pyra's Japanese name was a joke. A joke. Now Mythra popped up (and I already like her more than Pyra) and what do they call her in the Japanese VO? Well... guess ^. Just take a wild guess. I'll leave a hint in the sentence before the one before this one. Also in this next one: apparently, Pyra and Mythra are one and the same, Pyra is just a different personality Mythra created.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The absolute strangest thing about Atelier Shallie is the complete lack of item duplication. Well, that's not 100% true as you can still equip "adventure items" that get replenished whenever you return to base but other than that, there's no way to replicate what you've made. No wholesale, no homunculi to make your items. What you make is what you get. I guess this is also a result of this being the first Atelier game without a time-limit and as such, Gust probably figured "hey, if they don't need to worry about time, then they don't need item duplication to save it". But they clearly changed their mind about that in Atelier Sophie and onwards.

Yeah, I wouldn't like to imagine running out of uses on an incredibly well made item (a bomb with the strongest possible trait combination, for example), which is why I am glad games like Lulua, Sophie, and Ryza have it despite lacking a time limit mechanic. But on the other hand, the justification you gave as to why it is absent in Shallie does sound plausible, as well.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's just that I don't know enough of the franchise to feel confident to have any opinion on anything. Only that I absolutely love the premise (though I can't take it entirely seriously thanks to Monty Python's movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail") and that the anime adaptations I've seen have been great. Some of the best anime of the admittedly few that I've seen for sure.

Well, we can build on your foundations and I can help you get into it, if you would like!
I love this series a lot, so I don't particularly mind helping.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of things I know next to nothing about, I continued with Xenoblade 2 earlier and finished chapter 3.

Spoiler

Press F for Vandham. 

33 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now Mythra popped up (and I already like her more than Pyra) and what do they call her in the Japanese VO? Well... guess ^.

Yep. Hikari. Btw, just like the name "Pyra", the name 'Mythra" also keeps the theming of light but it's not as obvious. From the Wiki:

The English name, Mythra, alludes to Mitra, a reconstructed name of a Proto-Indo-Iranian Divinity, from whom derived Mitrá, Rigvedic name of a Indo-Aryan Divinity representing in time the Oath, Friendship, or (eye of, light of) the morning sun; and Mithra, Avestan name of a Zoroastrian angelic Divinity (yazata) of Covenant, Light and Oath.

Anyways, i think this is the point where if you head to Argentum, one of the Nopon on the docks (pretty sure it's the docks), will give you the Melee Mythra Aux Core, which gives the user a 25% boost to their crit-rate, which is really good for Mythra because she has a passive where getting crits=recharge Arts, of which can be combined with an accessory that heals you whenever you do crits. If Mythra's using the Melee Mythra Aux Core, it also changes her to her Smash Ultimate appearance (as a Spirit):

maxresdefault.jpg

This change for Smash was likely to keep the E10+ rating (even though there are other characters just as revealing) but by giving Mythra tights, all that did was make people hornier.

This is the only costume accessory/aux core in the base game btw (and yes, costumes show up in cutscenes). The rest are DLC, which you can get as rewards through the Land of Challenge.

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, I wouldn't like to imagine running out of uses on an incredibly well made item (a bomb with the strongest possible trait combination, for example), which is why I am glad games like Lulua, Sophie, and Ryza have it despite lacking a time limit mechanic. But on the other hand, the justification you gave as to why it is absent in Shallie does sound plausible, as well.

Well a bomb would still be an "adventure item". So as far as usable items go such as bombs and healing stuff, i won't actually run out of that in Atelier Shallie. But items needed for weapons and armor need to be made manually, i can't just make a really good cloth, for example, and have that duplicated, which makes things inconvinent.