The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Started some quests in Xenoblade 2.
5ec75f487a96b4d58d734a398e3ac6eb.jpg

I also unlocked the Merc Group option, which seems like a cool mechanic and like it would offer an opportunity to make use of excess Blades to send them on quests but as it turns out, you can only do one Merc Group Quest at a time. Meaning I have all these Blades lying around that I will never use and I can't get more because I reached maximum capacity, because I thought you could send more than one group out on quests.
Now I seriously need an option to get rid of unneeded Blades (especially since I... well, kinda don't need the common ones anymore) and I hope there will be one soon.
On the other hand, that little stint produced some lucky results, too!

RhyZC0I.jpga32NCru.jpgZLOwKwW.jpgBtUyGYN.jpgI7o3rIK.jpg

To think these guys would pop out of regular Core Crystals, too.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Started some quests in Xenoblade 2.
5ec75f487a96b4d58d734a398e3ac6eb.jpg

I also unlocked the Merc Group option, which seems like a cool mechanic and like it would offer an opportunity to make use of excess Blades to send them on quests but as it turns out, you can only do one Merc Group Quest at a time. Meaning I have all these Blades lying around that I will never use and I can't get more because I reached maximum capacity, because I thought you could send more than one group out on quests.
Now I seriously need an option to get rid of unneeded Blades (especially since I... well, kinda don't need the common ones anymore) and I hope there will be one soon.

Reveal hidden contents

The merc group only has one use, and that's to level Roc up once you get him. 

Also, congrats on those Blades, savor the victory while it's still easy. 

Lastly, quests arent that bad... in Torna, at least in my opinion.

Oh, right, you can just release blades you dont need.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You've always been able to. In the Manage Blades section, you can release Blades. You can also favorite some of them to prevent accidentally releasing them. There's no limit to how many Blades you can have favorited.

Reveal hidden contents

Oooh, that's a nice haul you've got there. And yeah, there's nothing stopping Rare Blades from coming out of Common Core Crystals. Commons just give the lowest chance of a Rare coming out.

Looking at the Rare Blades you just got, it seems your save file has Set 5. Basically, there's five sets of Rare Blade probabilities and which set you get is random when you create your save. All this does is make some Rares show up with a higher chance than others. This also means that your pity Blades are probably Vale, Ursula and Floren.

I also unlocked the Merc Group option, which seems like a cool mechanic and like it would offer an opportunity to make use of excess Blades to send them on quests but as it turns out, you can only do one Merc Group Quest at a time.

Merc Missions are useful for unlocking nodes on Affinity Charts that you're too lazy to do. Such as "use x Special y amount of times". Some Blades also require being sent on Merc Missions to level up their Affinity Charts.

Merc Missions is also how you get more items in shops, which allows you to buy them, which once you've bought everything in that shop, you can buy the deed, which gives you whatever passive is on there. And since Merc Missions run in irl time, this is something you can do on the side.

Edited by Armagon

You can, since there is a limit to the number of Blades you can possess. You can do it in the Blade roster menu. Story-related Blades can't be released obviously, nor for some odd reason the very first generic Wind Knuckles Blade that Rex was forced to awaken. Otherwise you can dump everything else, just be careful not to release your Rares. And for the sake of Merc Missions and Field Skills, keep a few generics around with the right skills.

because I thought you could send more than one group out on quests.

You can when you get your Merc level up, you'll be able to deploy up to three groups then.

Also, having the Recommend Skills for a give mission, not the mandatory ones, will shorten the amount of time it takes to complete a mission, letting you do another sooner. Multiple instances of the same skill will stack and further reduce the needed time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Yes, I have two versions of it right now.

I own Okami twice physically, once on the Wii, and once on the PS4 (which is the HD remaster), same with Shadow of the Colossus (the PS3 version which came bundled with Ico and the PS4 HD remake).

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, congrats on those Blades, savor the victory while it's still easy.

Thank you! I will, most likely!

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You've always been able to. In the Manage Blades section, you can release Blades. You can also favorite some of them to prevent accidentally releasing them. There's no limit to how many Blades you can have favorited.

... Yeah, I just found it. I was just dumb. In other news, the sky continues to be blue.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oooh, that's a nice haul you've got there. And yeah, there's nothing stopping Rare Blades from coming out of Common Core Crystals. Commons just give the lowest chance of a Rare coming out.

I'm not used to being lucky like this, so three of them popping out of common Core Crystals feels almost like a miracle to me. I was doubly lucky that the types they have match the Driver I gave them to (the Healers came out for Nia, the Attacker for Rex). I'll probably give the Guard types to a hypothetical future character whose "main Blade"'s type is also Guard, since I can't give them to Tora.
There's probably little point to doing that, I just like having characters have specific roles in my party, and I got used to Rex being the Attacker and Nia being the Healer of the group.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looking at the Rare Blades you just got, it seems your save file has Set 5. Basically, there's five sets of Rare Blade probabilities and which set you get is random when you create your save. All this does is make some Rares show up with a higher chance than others. This also means that your pity Blades are probably Vale, Ursula and Floren.

Interesting! I had no idea this was a thing. I just assumed all the Rare Blades were equally rare and that'd be that.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Merc Missions are useful for unlocking nodes on Affinity Charts that you're too lazy to do. Such as "use x Special y amount of times". Some Blades also require being sent on Merc Missions to level up their Affinity Charts.

This is great, because unlocking the proper levels (or even getting the correct "traits") for the Field Skills has proven itself to be a tough thing for me to do.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can when you get your Merc level up, you'll be able to deploy up to three groups then.

Very nice! So I got worked up over nothing as per usual.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, having the Recommend Skills for a give mission, not the mandatory ones, will shorten the amount of time it takes to complete a mission, letting you do another sooner. Multiple instances of the same skill will stack and further reduce the needed time.

So this is what the extra abilities listed do. Thanks for telling me!

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

... Yeah, I just found it. I was just dumb.

This isn't true at all! It's not your fault the game doesnt really mention this, and then layout is kinda a bit of a mess, so it's hard to tell.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I hated doing this... it took very long to max it out.

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll probably give the Guard types to a hypothetical future character whose "main Blade"'s type is also Guard, since I can't give them to Tora.

You won't be waiting long then, as your next party member joins at the end of Ch.4. 

By the way, in case you're wondering, there's 10 chapters. 

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I just assumed all the Rare Blades were equally rare and that'd be that.

Off the top of my head, this is only the case with two Rare Blades. KOS-MOS and T-elos. KOS-MOS is the rarest Rare Blade in the game, regardless of what set you have. T-elos on the other hand has the highest chance out of any Rare Blade but you won't be able to get her until after you beat the game (she wasn't even in the base game originally, she was added for free in update 1.4, the same update that added in NG+).

Edited by Armagon

I haven't listened to Falcom music in a while, and i decided to take a peek at my old videos i did of cold steel

now i am on a Falcom music trip again xD

And i love how the video was Emma spamming Arts, Jusis being a Rally bot *cough* Noble command bot, Rean Chrono drive caster and Laura spining2wining

Edited by Shrimperor

Ryza feels different in multiple aspects than Lulua.

The battle system has a few elements of action RPG and also as for the aesthetics it does not have the cuteness.

I mean Ryza is adorable, but she feels more mature than other protagonists. 

She does not seem to be the typical Atelier protagonist.

Edited by Falcom Knight

10 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

The battle system has a few elements of action RPG

Ryza is the only Atelier game to have an ATB battle system rather than traditional turn-based combat.

Well, technically all Atelier games use ATB, it's just the kind they use is the "permanently set to wait" kind. Ryza goes the Final Fantasy route instead.

33 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Honestly I am a bit scared now.

Seriously I hope it will not become into FF, otherwise it might kiss the bench.

I really do not like FF's battle system.

As someone who didn't like FF's battle system (at least FF7's, which is the only FF game i've played), i can safely say that Ryza's battle system is for the most part, pretty solid. Since actions are assigned to buttons, you aren't really forced to do a whole lot of menuing, which is one of the detriments of FF ATB.

Menuing is only a hassle if you have the ATB set to Active, rather than Wait.

Don't know in general; but FF has usually given you the option to toggle.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know in general; but FF has usually given you the option to toggle.

Yeah but in FF7 at least, setting it to Wait felt more like a band-aid solution. Even with it being on Wait, it didn't feel like the game was designed around that. I don't know about other FFs.

So, i am part of a Kiseki Trivia games server, where we play Trivia games and stuff...

and people there mentioned how Millium is a 'discount Neptune'

Tzao5.jpg

98527-full.png

close enough xD

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but in FF7 at least, setting it to Wait felt more like a band-aid solution. Even with it being on Wait, it didn't feel like the game was designed around that. I don't know about other FFs.

They are not all like that.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So, i am part of a Kiseki Trivia games server, where we play Trivia games and stuff...

and people there mentioned how Millium is a 'discount Neptune'

Tzao5.jpg

98527-full.png

close enough xD

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Apart from being overly energetic, I don't really see it tbh.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've never looked at it this way, it honestly isnt that bad. In my opinion, at least.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looks like the sort of thing an NPC would talk about. Or a sign, heh.

There wasn't. It literally just came out of nowhere. But through the hard way, i found out that that dragon only shows up when you cross that specific part of the map.

These last two story bosses in Atelier Shallie really just said "but what if we had 10 actions in a turn". Like damn Gust, i would like to play the game please.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

As someone who didn't like FF's battle system (at least FF7's, which is the only FF game i've played), i can safely say that Ryza's battle system is for the most part, pretty solid. Since actions are assigned to buttons, you aren't really forced to do a whole lot of menuing, which is one of the detriments of FF ATB.

Tbf it was mainly the Combo of this and random encounters which daunted me to play the FE games.

Thanks to stomach cramps I slept for about two hours.

I am really waiting for the gastroscopy in a couple of weeks.

46 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Tbf it was mainly the Combo of this and random encounters which daunted me to play the FE games.

Thanks to stomach cramps I slept for about two hours.

I am really waiting for the gastroscopy in a couple of weeks.

Well you'd better got more sleep or I'm gonna stalk you again.

Get well soon!