• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed, a weapon slot is listed in the Appearance section of the equipment page. It's darkened for Shulk, since he can only use the Monado, but that it exists at all says to me Fashion Weapon will be a thing for everyone else. An improvement over XCX, may this carry over to That Which Is Awaited Over The Precipice.

The only way to top Fashion Weapons, would be Fashion Characters. I remember being informed Tales of Graces in its postgame lets you equip special Replicant Titles that let a character copy another's appearance, voice and fighting style including Arts -but not the original's stats or skills. Doesn't work in story scenes either.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

That would be interesting. Lots of things I can think of I'd want for something like that to exist for them.

I think Tales of Destiny also had that, in it's Director's Cut. Narikiri Doll accessories that would do the same thing. With those you could pretend you still had a certain someone.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just noticed, a weapon slot is listed in the Appearance section of the equipment page. It's darkened for Shulk, since he can only use the Monado, but that it exists at all says to me Fashion Weapon will be a thing for everyone else. An improvement over XCX, may this carry over to That Which Is Awaited Over The Precipice.

I didn't notice this until you pointed it out and nobody else has mentioned it. Very good catch.

Weapons didn't look as silly as some of the armor choices but there were still a few visually cool ones that weren't that great statwise so this is a welcome addition. Dunban will keep the lightsaber this time.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Isn't Torna like this as well?

Yes but Torna is a distant prequel. Future Connected very likely takes place shortly after the main game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yes but Torna is a distant prequel. Future Connected very likely takes place shortly after the main game.

Oh, that's fair enough, I was just curious. Also, I didn't see the arte pallete on the reveal, what did it look like?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, I didn't see the arte pallete on the reveal, what did it look like?

Here's a comparison between the three versions of the game

EUDR8mnU0AED9Gt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here's a comparison between the three versions of the game

EUDR8mnU0AED9Gt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hmmmm, it looks really nice! I personally like the Xenoblade artes pallete, so I can't complain! Just don't make it like Xenoblade X, where the text is like this.

XCX text was even worse before I got an HDMI Cable for the Wii U, I needed to swap to Gamepad sometimes just to read stuff.

Not to be nostalgic for the old, but could Reyn use a little hair thinner? Maybe the less saturated hair colors of the original made the same amount of hair look less domineering on the same amount of head, but now he looks to be 8.3% Gogol. Or Sun Quan's lost half-brother, which is isn't so bad (until Shulk reveals the future of Wu). I can bear with it, just a minor aesthetic critique.

So in addition to the (very likely) battle theme of Future Connected, we also get samples of the remasted versions of Engage the Enemy and Gaur Plains

Gotta say, i think the intro to this new version is kinda rough. The guitar just kinda overpowers the piano. For now, i think i prefer the original version of Engage the Enemy.

Gotta say tho, ending the sample just as it's about to hit the best part was evil.

The Gaur Plains remaster on the other hand? So good. 

Since the entire soundtrack is being remastered, it would be nice if you could switch between the two.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

XCX text was even worse before I got an HDMI Cable for the Wii U, I needed to swap to Gamepad sometimes just to read stuff.

Sorry, I forgot my microscope when playing Xenoblade X.

So two things

EUEUBWgXkAAHbvL?format=jpg&name=large

1. Arts have an exclamation point if you're in a position where it does bonus damage (though here it's kinda weird because Shulk is on the side but i guess it's registering as the back, otherwise BackSlash wouldn't have the exclamation point).
  2. Heart-to-Heart marker in the background. Seems you can see where they are from farther away. 

Agreeing Engage the Enemy is out of tune, more electric guitar doesn't always make things better. EtE starts slow and soft, to gradually build sadness and reminiscence that climaxes in the violin resolution to take up arms and oppose it, more guitar undercuts the buildup.

Positionals have been a bit finicky in the past on where the side ends and back begins. The indicator doesn't fix that (it'd be difficult to, given the size and shape of some of the many enemies), but being able to see it is certainly better than not. Steady QoLs and UI updates game after game are always a sign of progress. -Although, XCX did list your position relative to the targeted enemy, so it's more a step forward after one back?

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Steady QoLs and UI updates game after game are always a sign of progress. -Although, XCX did list your position relative to the targeted enemy, so it's more a step forward after one back?

Oh X had it too? Don't know why they took it out for the Alrest games then.

Speaking of things that are back, it also looks like the enemy types are back, something that was removed from the Alrest games. Although there, it had been intentional. Something about "wanting the player to find out for themselves which enemies were hostile and which ones weren't".

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh X had it too? Don't know why they took it out for the Alrest games then.

Speaking of things that are back, it also looks like the enemy types are back, something that was removed from the Alrest games. Although there, it had been intentional. Something about "wanting the player to find out for themselves which enemies were hostile and which ones weren't".

Isnt that an option you could toggle on and off? Also, I think it's nice being able to see which type they are.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Isnt that an option you could toggle on and off?

The enemy types? No.

If you're refering to enemies aggroing on you if they spot you, yes but only in 2.