• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Pft, so, that guy who wanted to press his claim to Lusitania, he had a force or a little over 10K men. He departed from... I'd say, around Baghdad, then went marching all across the African Mediterranean coast. This made him loose about two thousand men through attrition. I had amassed a force of around 18K men, ready to go "¡Santiago y cierra, España!" as I placed them at the straights of Gibraltar. Then the guy... he... he... pft, oh man.

He was at the Algerian coast when he started to march BACK. Back to the Middle East... and then starting marching across Europe. LOL I can't believe it! In short, it took a really long time for him to reach Hispania... only to be promptly beaten since I still had a 2:1 advantage over him.

Less amusing was the other claimant who also decided to attack. He was already in northwest Africa... with 17K men. I still won; but it actually took effort!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

It is.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This gives me an idea what I can do the next time I get bored.

---

Mary Skelter progress report incoming. Feel free to ignore if you so please.
New area, new character (I sense a pattern emerging; the new character hasn't joined the team yet, though). This time, we are in the Dorm territory and it looks... odd. The place is covered in sweets and stuff that looks like jelly hangs from the ceiling and oozes out of the walls. The truly terrifying part about it is that... the jelly twitches, as if it was alive. The Graveyard area was already creeping me out, but this takes the cake so much that I kinda don't feel like eating sweets anymore.
Have a looksie yourselves:

J5GOZ2w.jpg

Music in this area is nice, too. It gives me Etrian Odyssey vibes.
Speaking of music, we also get a new battle theme. I liked the old one better, but this might be because I'm used to it. The new track is still pretty good.
Strangely enough, there don't seem to be any Nightmares roaming about this area. Maybe I just haven't unlocked it yet, I dunno. Not that I hope one appears.
But, there is something there that is even more terrifying than a Nightmare, scarier than twitching jelly oozing out of the walls, and way, way, waaaay more dangerous than Blood Skelter. It's a new enemy type that might as well have been the final boss of this game. Prepare yourselves to be overwhelmed by the glorious, foreboding presence of...

... an evil gingerbread man. XD
afRM6Cw.jpg

Earlier, I talked about there being a new character that was introduced as well, though she hasn't joined up (yet), only appeared, told her name, called us "Intruders" and vanished again. She's Gretel from the fairy tale Hänsel and Gretel, another childhood favorite of mine (thank you, grandma).
YJKYGZe.jpg
Looks-wise, she's easily my favorite character so far.

Edited by DragonFlames

Tried that arena match in Neptunia again and... still lost. I get so down on myself when I fail so many times, but I know that I can do this. I will beat this!

Spoiler

20200411_180641.thumb.jpg.8f8f98ab66a09113c1553f028f4934a6.jpg

This is my main team (right now) since I was experimenting trying anything.

Edited by lightcosmo

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tried that arena match in Neptunia again and... still lost. I get so down on myself when I fail so many times, but I know that I can do this. I will beat this!

Reveal hidden contents

20200411_180641.thumb.jpg.8f8f98ab66a09113c1553f028f4934a6.jpg

This is my main team (right now) since I was experimenting trying anything.

I don't know how far you've gone with your experimentation, but perhaps you could try and switch in Rom for the useful healing and revival skills she has. Nepgear also has a party-wide attack buff (I think it was party-wide, at least) that you could look into using. Another thing you could try to do is change up the Processor Units of the CPU characters for additional stat increases and passive abilities while transformed (if that is something you're using).

Just some general things in order to hopefully provide some help for you. I haven't beaten too many arena fights myself, after all.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't know how far you've gone with your experimentation, but perhaps you could try and switch in Rom for the useful healing and revival skills she has. Nepgear also has a party-wide attack buff (I think it was party-wide, at least) that you could look into using. Another thing you could try to do is change up the Processor Units of the CPU characters for additional stat increases and passive abilities while transformed (if that is something you're using).

Just some general things in order to hopefully provide some help for you. I haven't beaten too many arena fights myself, after all.

Well, I tried to stick with Ram for the crazy damage she brings to the table, but i'm open to try a more defensive strategy.

Is my setup to "Offence" based? I feel like if I try to play to defensive, I get overwhelmed by the enemies, but on the other hand, one well placed heal can tank another 8 attacks or so, i'm torn on which is more useful.

As you can see, i'm only level 140, so i'm stretching it a lot here in the first place, but it's certainly not impossible.

The processor units i have equipped are usually for the raw stat gains, i didn't think to try that.

Edit: little Nep is probably my best hit taker on the team at the moment

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This time, we are in the Dorm territory and it looks... odd. The place is covered in sweets and stuff that looks like jelly hangs from the ceiling and oozes out of the walls. The truly terrifying part about it is that... the jelly twitches, as if it was alive. The Graveyard area was already creeping me out, but this takes the cake so much that I kinda don't feel like eating sweets anymore.

Heh.

If Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze keeps it's momentum, i might actually add it to my prestigious 10/10 club that only three other video games have ever made it to.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I tried to stick with Ram for the crazy damage she brings to the table, but i'm open to try a more defensive strategy.

Is my setup to "Offence" based? I feel like if I try to play to defensive, I get overwhelmed by the enemies, but on the other hand, one well placed heal can tank another 8 attacks or so, i'm torn on which is more useful.

As you can see, i'm only level 140, so i'm stretching it a lot here in the first place, but it's certainly not impossible.

The processor units i have equipped are usually for the raw stat gains, i didn't think to try that.

Edit: little Nep is probably my best hit taker on the team at the moment

A good healer can make an offensive strategy all the more viable, I find, since Rom can help keep your heavy-hitters alive long enough for them to deal enough damage to kill stuff.
The team you're currently using is actually pretty balanced. Blanc is definitely more of a physical tank than anything else, and I think her party-wide Defense buff can help greatly, too.

If you're willing to look into different processor units, I suggest checking out the Devil and Angel sets, which have passive abilities that heal HP or SP every turn as long as you're transformed (HP for Devil, SP for Angel). The only drawback: these are only available for little Nep, Noire, Blanc, and Vert.
Though the Devil set in particular stacks nicely with little Neptune's own HP heal. If you add a third HP heal passive via Game Disc, she becomes very hard to kill.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Heh.

That pun was unintended, I assure you.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze keeps it's momentum, i might actually add it to my prestigious 10/10 club that only three other video games have ever made it to.

Funny, I could say the same thing about Mary Skelter at the rate it's been going.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

A good healer can make an offensive strategy all the more viable, I find, since Rom can help keep your heavy-hitters alive long enough for them to deal enough damage to kill stuff.
The team you're currently using is actually pretty balanced. Blanc is definitely more of a physical tank than anything else, and I think her party-wide Defense buff can help greatly, too.

If you're willing to look into different processor units, I suggest checking out the Devil and Angel sets, which have passive abilities that heal HP or SP every turn as long as you're transformed (HP for Devil, SP for Angel). The only drawback: these are only available for little Nep, Noire, Blanc, and Vert.
Though the Devil set in particular stacks nicely with little Neptune's own HP heal. If you add a third HP heal passive via Game Disc, she becomes very hard to kill.

This isnt my normal party, for the most part. 

As for the processors, I just went with raw stats hoping it would make up the difference a bit.

I think I'll give it a try and see what happens, though! What I'm trying isnt getting me anywhere, so why not? Thank you for the advice!

I don't replay games either aside of tactical RPGs like Fire Emblem or Devil Survivor 2 to discover new strategies. Other games I never replayed more than once, and this only applies to shorter RPGs.

Sky 3rd is a game I like to replay simply because it's short. Could be done easily in a weekend. Final dungeon and bosses are superfun to replay to figure which party compilation is worst.

Fitting to Easter day the weather will show from its best side today. If I can't celebrate it with relatives, then I still can enjoy it outside at least.

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This isnt my normal party, for the most part. 

As for the processors, I just went with raw stats hoping it would make up the difference a bit.

I think I'll give it a try and see what happens, though! What I'm trying isnt getting me anywhere, so why not? Thank you for the advice!

No problem! I hope it helps at least a little bit!

---

Continuing on in Mary Skelter, I love how the game's writing roasts its alleged main character Jack at every given opportunity. Even when the other characters praise him, there's always a stealth insult thrown in. Like when Jack figures out that a rather confusing warp puzzle has a rather mundane solution, Snow White has this to say:
jL59ijr.jpg

The only character so far who doesn't engage in this is Alice.

Finally I know Renne's entire backround.

It's kinda embarrassing to say that, I got wet eyes when Estelle started to cry.

Renne's backround is honestly more tragic than Crow's story, not gonna lie.

She's likely the most tragic videogame character I've had to deal with yet.

I did the thing I said I would do when I'm bored. Here's my tier list of every game that I have ever played in my life that I remember (I have played way, way, waaaaay to many of the things, holy crap). Games are unordered within their tiers.

S-tier

Nights of Azure
Megadimension Neptunia VII

A-tier

Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
Dragon Star Varnir
Fairy Fencer f
Fire Emblem Three Houses
7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Atelier Lulua – The Scion of Arland
Okami
Stella Glow
Persona 5
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Xillia
Shadow of the Colossus
Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

B-tier

Atelier Sophie – The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Atelier Rorona – The Alchemist of Arland
Bravely Default
Bravely Second: End Layer
Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
Shining Resonance Refrain
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Etrian Odyssey V
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister's Generation
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V-Generation
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
Warriors All-Stars
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs

C-tier

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem
Atelier Meruru – The Apprentice of Arland
Atelier Ryza – Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
Samurai Warriors 4
Digimon World Next Order
Tales of Hearts R
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Zestiria
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Final Fantasy XII
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
Pokémon Colosseum
Pokémon Stadium
Pokémon Ranger
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

D-tier

Spoiler

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Graces f

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

Etrian Odyssey IV

Super Neptunia RPG

Hyrule Warriors

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Final Fantasy X

Fire Emblem Warriors

Fire Emblem Blazing Sword

Pokémon Battle Revolution

Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia

Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen

Pokémon Black/White

Pokémon Black 2/White 2

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow

E-tier

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Thracia 776

Fire Emblem Binding Blade

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Atelier Totori – The Adventurer of Arland

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity

Pokémon Stadium 2

Pokémon X/Y

Pokémon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

F-tier

Spoiler

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Persona 4 The Golden

Fire Emblem Fates Revelation

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Untiered, because I haven't finished these yet

Spoiler

Mary Skelter: Nightmares (S-tier for now)
Mary Skelter 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (D-tier for now)

Enjoy your trip through DragonFlames' Bizarre Opinions on Games. And hopefully not lose any good impression you might have had of me, as unlikely as that is.

Edited by DragonFlames
F***ing spoiler tags...

I will leave the site for some weeks because I want to use the free time to focus on working on my backlog list of my games. Using the forum over and over just distracts me from that.

Anyways my final post will be my ranking of completed games in the past six years:

9-10

Spoiler
  • 9.3 Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
  • 9.3 Super Smash Bros Brawl
  • 9.1 Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • 9.0 Tales of Berseria
  • 9.0 Devil Survivor 2
  • 9.0 Persona 3 FES

8-9

Spoiler
  • 8.8 Tales of the Abyss
  • 8.8 Tales of Vesperia
  • 8.7 Tales in the Sky 3rd
  • 8.7 Persona 5
  • 8.6 Tales of Xilla 2
  • 8.5 Fire Emblem Thracia 776
  • 8.5 Trails of Cold Steel 2
  • 8.5 Kirby's Return to Dreamland
  • 8.4 Atelier Ryza
  • 8.3 Fire Emblem Conquest
  • 8.3 Devil Survivor 1
  • 8.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • 8.2 Tales of Xilla 1
  • 8.2 Tales of the Sky SC
  • 8.2 Kirby's Triple Deluxe
  • 8.1 Shin Megami Tensei 4
  • 8.1 Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
  • 8.1 Tales of Cold Steel 1
  • 8.0 Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War

7-8

Spoiler
  • 7.7 Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • 7.5 Fire Emblem Blazin Sword
  • 7.3 Trails in the Sky FC
  • 7.2 Catherine
  • 7.0 Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones
  • 7.0 The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

6-7

Spoiler
  • 6.7 Persona 4
  • 6.5 Tales of Graces
  • 6.4 Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem
  • 6.1 Super Smash Bros 3DS

5-6

Spoiler
  • 5.8 Tales of Zestiria
  • 5.7 Super Mario Bros Wii
  • 5.5 Fire Emblem Birthright
  • 5.2 Fire Emblem Awakening
  • 5.0 Fire Emblem Revelation

<5

Spoiler
  • Fire Emblem Echoes 4.6
  • Fire Emblem Binding Blade 4.2
  • Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon 4.0

Edited by Reisalin Stout

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hide contents

Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Persona 4 The Golden

Fire Emblem Fates Revelation

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Why's P4G in F tier?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I love how we all have some FEs we absolutely can't stand xD

That's practically a law of nature of being an FE fan at this point. XD

2 hours ago, XavierStronome said:

Why's P4G in F tier?

There are two main reasons for this. The first and foremost reason is that I can't stand half the playable cast (which is usually guaranteed to kill off any interest I have in the story of a game), and the dungeon design is incredibly boring, especially in comparison to Persona 5 (which I made the "mistake" of playing first).
These things were bad enough to make me regret paying money for it, which is why the game got placed in the F-tier.

A tier list of games? I'm in!

S-tier

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna: the Golden Country

Xenosaga Episode 1

Xenosaga Episode 3

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix/2.5

A-tier

Spoiler

Megadimension Neptunia VII

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xenosaga Episode 2

Dissidia Final Fantasy

Dissidia 012 Duodecim

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy XII IZJS/TZA

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix/1.5

Kingdom Hearts 3 (with DLC)

Metroid Zero Mission

Metroid Fusion

Fire Emblem Awakening

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Dark Cloud 2

Rogue Galaxy

Pokémon G/S/C

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness

Pokémon Black/White

B-tier

Spoiler

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy IV

Kingdom Hearts 3 (without DLC)

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War

Fire Emblem Thracia 776

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Super Smash Bros for WII U

Shining Resonance: Refrain

Dragon Quest XI Echoes of an Elusive Age

C-tier

Spoiler

Other Pokémon Games

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy V

Dark Cloud

Super Smash Bros

Super Smash Bros Melee

D-tier

Spoiler

Final Fantasy VII

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

Fire Emblem 11

Fire Emblem 12

E-tier

Spoiler

Fire Emblem 1

Fire Emblem 2

Fire Emblem 3

This is just a rough idea, since I would really have to think on it.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tutturu!

Man, Kaguya is back, and it's as good as ever :3

Me when I see a fellow Love is War fan

Dm7ocgvVAAIE3fI.jpeg

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

D-tier

Pokémon Black 2/White 2

*Inhales*

BOI. Really doing Pokemon's pinnacle dirty like that smh.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (D-tier for now)

Sidequests and Rex (and German localization of Nopon speech) aside, your impressions seemed pretty positive to Xenoblade 2 so putting it in a preliminary D-tier is surprising. Unless your perception of D-tier is very different from mine.

5 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

8.5 Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Ayyyy. That game was great.

Since other people are doing it, I might as well jump in a "ranking all the games I've played" thing.

The prestigious 10/10 club (ordered)

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Super Mario Galaxy 2

S-tier

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles

Torna ~ The Golden Country

Super Mario Galaxy

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (both original and remake)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Astral Chain

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

A-tier

Spoiler

Donkey Kong Country Returns

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario 3D World

Super Mario 64

Shadows of Valentia

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Xenogears

Xenosaga Episode III

The entire mainline Trails series

The entire Azure Striker Gunvolt series 

The entire Mega Man Zero series

The entire Blaster Master Zero series

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Pokemon Black/White

Pokemon Black 2/White 2

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Kirby: Planet Robobot

Super Mario World

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The Legend of Zelda:A ALink to the Past

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Fire Emblem Awakening

All three Fire Emblem GBA games

Every Mario Kart game from Wii and onwards

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Super Smash Bros 4

B-tier

Spoiler

Rune Factory 4 (and Special)

Atelier Lulua

Atelier Escha & Logy

Atelier Ryza

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Pokemon Sun/Moon

Pokemon X/Y

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario 3D Land

Super Mario Sunshine

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

7th Dragon III: Code VFD

The entire mainline Hyperdimension Neptunia series

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Mario Kart Double Dash

Super Smash Bros Melee

Tokyo Mirage Sessions

C-tier

Spoiler

Atelier Rorona

Atelier Meruru

Atelier Shallie

New Super Mario Bros 

New Super Mario Bros 2

New Super Mario Bros U

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

Xenosaga Episode I

Super Mario Bros 

Super Mario Bros 3

The Legend of Zelda: Orcale of Seasons/Ages

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

D-tier

Spoiler

Mario Kart 64

Atelier Totori

Atelier Ayesha

Gal*Gun 2

Splatoon 2

Super Mario Bros 2

Dragon: Marked for Death

F-tier

Spoiler

Xenosaga Episode II

Fire Emblem; Genealogy of the Holy War

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

Super Mario Kart 

Unfinished games (preliminary rankings)

(side note: if a game I haven't finished isn't here, chances are I'm too early into the game to make any sort of call)

Spoiler

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (A-tier)

Super Neptunia RPG (D-tier)

Ys 7 (C-tier)

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (C-tier)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (prestigious 10/10 club)

Valkyria Chronicles (C-tier)

Trails of Cold Steel 3 (A-tier)

Dropped games

Spoiler

Tales of Phantasia

Tales of the Abyss

Final Fantasy 7

Codename Steam

Kirby: Star Allies

think that's all of them. Might've missed a few, idk.

Also, I didn't rank the Mario Party games because I just don't know how. They're like pizza, even the worst ones can still be fun with friends.

Edited by Armagon