The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

sao-03-008-1271x720.jpgsao-03-019-1271x720.jpg

TBF, this was an Asian English translation, Southeast Asia doesn't care too much for accuracy being English is nonnative. Everywhere else replaced the p-word with "assault".

From a totally unrelated game:

ace00001.jpg

This a penetration on my rights.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

sao-03-008-1271x720.jpgsao-03-019-1271x720.jpg

TBF, this was an Asian English translation, Southeast Asia doesn't care too much for accuracy being English is nonnative. Everywhere else replaced the p-word with "assault".

From a totally unrelated game:

ace00001.jpg

390083828011499520.png?v=1

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah yes, I remember reading about this.

Nothing will ever top this

sao-09-011-1271x720.png?width=881&height

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, I remember reading about this.

Nothing will ever top this

sao-09-011-1271x720.png?width=881&height

Oh my good grcious.

I once watched a movie that was supposed to be called "The lucky dragon" but they mistranslated it to "an unusually lucky person."

Berwick saga is hard. I won't say much lest I spoil a certain LP, but dang, the allied AI sucks for the chapter I'm at.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe i should've gotten that instead of Mario Maker lol

Highly recommend you add Tropical Freeze to your next Switch haul (assuming you have enough coupons, idk how many you get each time).

• Fun level design? Check.
  • Decent challenge? Check (especially the Temple levels)
  • Absolute fire OST? Check, check and check.

Man, I still have people preparing invasions for title reclamation against me. Able to raise armies as big as mine. Well, makes things interesting. As an aside, I did took over Tangier. Thus, I've secured the entrance of the Mediterranean. Until that canal in Suez gets built when I reach Vic2, tsk tsk tsk. Not that it matters, since naval combat is nonexistent in CK2.

Curiously, the Magyars went from tribal to feudal, settling down in what would OTL be the Ukraine. From my understanding, that's a sign they're not going to move to their OTL location. I suppose that's that, then.

On a different subject, in a shift from my usual conversion patterns, this time it was Ghana who converted next. On the other hand, the Arabian Empire has taken the horn. Soon will come the time for Crusades to unlock... so that will change.

@Armagon

Speaking of Kirby, I saw the Switch game on sale.

Have you played it to give a recommendation?

I love Kirby, and it's the only platformer series I still could enjoy.

I saw a LP of the Wii U's Version of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and I doubt it's be enjoyable since I consider it as pretty rough regarding difficulty, at least for someone who has not played a real classic platformer aside of Kirby for decades. I played Super Mario Wii and I had massive issues with the controls of the wii-mote.

PS: I'm aware I lied in my former post again, but one early post per day is ok.

I did it. I beat Estark. Wasn't as tough of a fight I thought it would be, despite him able to use Chilly Breath and Disruptive Wave, and capable of acting twice. Well, if he used the breath attack more than once in a row.... good thing that didn't happen. If it can happen.

And now the party got themselves a hot-air balloon. Well, not quite hot-air, who knows what exactly is the gas used. Interesting choice for the "airship". Compared to III's giant bird... well, I suppose it's also kinda of an oddity. Well, after more Pioneer Town stuff, it's now to El Forado. Don't know why the place housing the game's Yggdrasil is called as such. Ain't see no forados there... maybe? Ah well, that will be for another day.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh. One of those no-Europe cases.

I can say you're not missing out on too much, it's very limited by being on the DS, Shinshu Fields is broken into several areas separated by loading screens for instance. The story is simple, a tad cute, and supposed to be heartwarming, but you could feel it falls flat. It's generally easy, and the new partner mechanic felt too random in combat, yet you're ranked on it for your Yen reward. No more dojo with Old Man Viewtiful Joe either.

My major nitpick with the story is (to speak of Okamiden SPOILERS!)...

Reveal hidden contents

...Chibiterasu time travels ~thrice, once to Shiranui's time at Orochi's lair, once to Orochi's lair in Ammy's time, and once to Ryoshima Coast aboard the Goryeo before the evil Sea Dragon showed up and sunk it IIRC. I shouldn't take these instances too seriously, but it all that time travel is a bit detracting from Okami's plotline.

The new penguin (IIRC) and whale brush gods, despite not being part of the Chinese Zodiac, are fine to me. I'm more mixed on Kurou, the hippie child Waka clone who, we can only guess because Waka and Ammy post-Okami's story never show up ingame, seems to have been created only to contain the final boss- the retconned origin of Okami's final boss- inside his body so it can be permanently destroyed, and Kurou dies with it.

Some bad stuff is hinted to possibly be happening on the Celestial Plain, but we have zero idea what it is. And Chibiterasu's best friend- a child Susano-lookalike whose actual parentage is unknown but suspect to be very important and powerful, leaves Chibi to seek out the truth on their own. Thus, both Ammy and Chibi were teased to have unfinished business.

One of the neat things in the game was a unique NG+ weapon that consisted of two black crystals floating around Chibi, shootable as homing projectiles. Charging the weapon caused it to cycle between emissions of fire, ice, and electricity, providing you with a permanent source of them for spraying enemies with via the Celestial Brush.

The takeaway is "stick with the original game".

---

If you have ever wondered what Elise (the FE Fates one) would look like if she ever let her hair down: here's your likely answer
8ZQuePE.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

6 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Speaking of Kirby, I saw the Switch game on sale.

Have you played it to give a recommendation?

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. It's such a massive downgrade from the three Kirby games that came before it (well, I haven't played Triple Deluxe). The Friend gimmick feels like just that: a gimmick. It's not something that blends naturally with the level design like Return to Dream Land's Ultra Abilities or Robobot's mechs.

Star Allies is also too easy and I know that's like, the point of Kirby, but even for Kirby standards, it is way too easy.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

you forgot this absolute banger

I have not gotten to that level yet but I have heard the theme and yes, it bangs.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If you have ever wondered what Elise (the FE Fates one) would look like if she ever let her hair down: here's your likely answer
8ZQuePE.jpg

This situation just got hairy haha.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This situation just got hairy haha.

XD

The actual character behind all that hair looks like this:
tECpED9.jpg

As far as her personality goes, think Peashy from Neptunia Re;Birth 3, except less "I'll punch mommy" and more "I wanna eat dad", which leads to this funny exchange:
xablK3z.jpgbEpXnFw.jpg
cqg3ZeL.jpgubr6LUP.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. It's such a massive downgrade from the three Kirby games that came before it (well, I haven't played Triple Deluxe). The Friend gimmick feels like just that: a gimmick. It's not something that blends naturally with the level design like Return to Dream Land's Ultra Abilities or Robobot's mechs.

Star Allies is also too easy and I know that's like, the point of Kirby, but even for Kirby standards, it is way too easy.

I think Kirby has kinda stagnated at this point. It starting with Squeak Squad Returns to Dreamland brought back Super Star goodness in the modern era and given us several titles of it, yay! But it needs to figure out how to do more than a single gimmick now, and to be less overtly reliant on blasts from the past. It needs a good paradigm shift, a pivotal, fundamental change in what it means to be a Kirby game, but it has to be executed well.

As for Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot is on the whole the better game. Bosses in 3D can spend a bit too long in the background, Pyribbit being the worst. Robobot Armor is better than Hypernova for a stage gimmick too. Playing as King Dedede after beating the game is fun, but only equal to Meta Knight. The experiences being quite the same otherwise, if one had to pick only one, PR would be it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I have checked out the demo version.

It looks very alike to Kirby games for Wii and 3DS with the exception of having helpers.

And here comes the problem: If you play alone, you have to rely on the A.I. of the supporting units which is not the best to say it kindly. I needed like ten attempts till all the Partner units jumped in a lot canon in time.

For single player, as in my case, I can already sense it will become tedious in the one or other part.

Also I'm wondering if this game has new themes since the ones used for the demo with exception of the boss theme are remakes from former games.

I mean 40 € would be ok, even if it has worse quality than KRTD, the best Kirby game imo, but relying on luck in terms of A.I. of the partner units is bothering me from grabbing this game. I'm not convinced about this, so I'll pass.

I really would like to see older Kirby games being released for Switch like Nightmare in Dreamland or Squeak Squad.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think Kirby has kinda stagnated at this point.

Maybe it's because i haven't played a whole lot of Kirby games (Dream Land, Adventure, Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot are the only ones i've played to completion, with a little bit of Star Allies and Super Star) but i haven't felt that Kirby has stagnated yet. I guess it's because of it's design philosophy that i haven't felt that way yet. From how i see it, the newer Kirby games (and i don't neccisarly mean Return to Dream Land and onwards) are more about having a central gimmick and weaving that gimmick with the level design as natrually as possible. Which is why Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot suceed where Star Allies fails.

53 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

I really would like to see older Kirby games being released for Switch like Nightmare in Dreamland or Squeak Squad.

Super Star is on SNES Online.

Ah yes, good old Kirby. This reminds me of when I borrowed Kirby's Dreamland for the GameBoy Color from a friend way, way, waaay back.
'twas a cute little game, but I sucked at platformers (still do, which is why I don't play them nowadays), so I didn't get very far.