• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

People who don't care about balance

Creator even admitted as much xD

Friggin' hell...

From what I've read (and seen), Super Thracia is like the Kaizo version of FE.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

yawwvAa.png?1

Any questions?

That explains a lot.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

About that chapter, I think it's intended for you to unarm Dagdar to win that one.

Yup, indeed

Aside of this chapter wasn't too bad just very long because of Arden gang.

The good thing is that some lovely characters like Marty became awesome.

Edited by Falcom Knight

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Reminds me that I played Kaizo Pokémon Red once.
And once was certainly enough. XD

Play light mario kaizo levels

Those are suprisingly fun

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ok...

How xD

Which mario game do you have problems with

Practically all of the ones I played I couldn't beat. Though the most frequent example would be the very first Mario Bros that was a free download on 3DS some time ago. I can't make it past world 1.
I did mention that I am a complete failure at platformers, right? XD

Super Mario World and 64 are the only Mario games I have beaten yet, and first mentioned was past year (played on the Switch)

Now that I'm thinking about it, I own more plushes of Mario characters than I have beaten games of this series.

Mario only exists for waifuism in my case.

Edited by Falcom Knight

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I can't make it past world 1.

That's... something xD

Did you try modern ones

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Mario only exists for waifuism in my case

Best Waifu

I was never able to clear smb1 either tbh

what i remember from my kiddy days is game over'ing at one of world 8's levels due time out

Time out right before the flag

I still remember it xD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's... something xD

Did you try modern ones

Of the modern games, I played Sunshine.
Though I never managed to beat it, either. I did have fun with it, though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

what i remember from my kiddy days is game over'ing at one of world 8's levels due time out

Time out right before the flag

I still remember it xD

Oh god...
If that was me, I'd have probably broken the system I was playing it on. XD

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Of the modern games, I played Sunshine.
Though I never managed to beat it, either. I did have fun with it, though.

Sunshine is really a mixed bag but still one of my favorites. On one hand, the setting, themes, and visuals are spectacular (not to mention the soundtrack). But it's also an easily broken glitchfest with a lot of tedious filler because of being rushed.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well 

Reveal hidden contents

They still have to exist somewhere. But where they stored that isn't the Lifehold Core the is unknown, and how they got transferred to wherever they are now is as much a mystery. Otherwise, everyone indeed would be dead, but they're all alive and conscious, so the consciousnesses must still exist. I don't think fake consciousness is a thing.

Thats what I mean- whenever they find the new storage place of consciousness and memories. Or it turns out they've been transferred to the mimeosomes themselves, except maybe not everyone on the White Whale was awake in a mimeosome I think, so what'd happen to them then?

Spoiler

Well, I'm pretty sure they were transported to the Mimeosome themselves. Since considering Lao's fate in the ending, seemingly loosing his but gaining a new body (whether Mimeosome or actual flesh and blood one), when you consider the fate of the Lifehold database, if his consciousness wasn't in the mimeosome to begin with, then how did that second transfer happened? Of course, the game itself doesn't hide that something's going on in regards to Mira itself.

I'd love an HD remake of Sunshine, the tropical theme of the game is fun. Though I'd in a pipe dream want to cut back on the Blue Coins and add a brand new 11 Shrine Sprite world or two to Isle Defino. Partly because content, partly because I want more pretty destinations. Maybe more mountains? Bianco Hills, Corona Mountain bad name now I know, and Pianta Village don't adequately capture the feeling of "hiking on tropical hills and mountains".

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, I'm pretty sure they were transported to the Mimeosome themselves. Since considering Lao's fate in the ending, seemingly loosing his but gaining a new body (whether Mimeosome or actual flesh and blood one), when you consider the fate of the Lifehold database, if his consciousness wasn't in the mimeosome to begin with, then how did that second transfer happened? Of course, the game itself doesn't hide that something's going on in regards to Mira itself.

I can imagine it not being necessary, if not ruled out either.

Spoiler

Lao's body swap is feasible if the consciousness are still stored elsewhere. Either his Chimera body reverted to normal and nothing had to be done, or if it is a new body, the mysterious powers that be saw a use in Lao and transferred his consciousness's connection to a new body.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah

Reveal hidden contents

It's yet more unexplained sequel-bait for XCX2. And I've found it thrilling. What is a J-Body, who is Eleonora talking to, and what villainy are they plotting?

Does the J-Body plot get formulated into a lengthy chain of good sidequests? Or do they find room for it in the main story? The sheer out of nowhere shock from Yelv's final Affinity Mission, with that creepy prolonged silence where Eleonora stares down on residential NLA, it demands it be resolved with no expense spared in XCX2. I couldn't accept it being belittled as a near non-threat tackled in three forgettable quests.

I don't think it's just implanted memories with Yelv. I think he's purely a robot. He was stated to be the prototype J-Body IIRC. Everything about him is fake- that "friend" had to be a "search" designed by Eleonora to work towards stabilizing his personality through forming a sense of purpose. One of his Heart-to-Hearts says Eleonora has made him watch movies- another means of making him more "human" by educating him in human culture. (I've seen in another game a case where an android who knows they're an android was given a copy of the personality of a real individual human, but struggled to avoid existential instability and needed to be assigned a singular fixation to hold him together.)

At very best, Yelv's identity was stolen was from a real human Yelv, who never boarded the White Whale or was intentionally killed during the ride. He thinks he human, but he darkly isn't. I wanted to bring him up in the Realian/degrees of humanity/what is truly human discussion for instance, because of his "false humanity".

I'd also question Yelv's fate in X2. The charade that he's human won't be able to last once the consciousnesses are found and humans can return to organic bodies. Yelv doesn't have a consciousness to download into flesh. Mimeosomes are a core reason Yelv hasn't been discovered to be an imposter I'd think.

Setting aside organic bodies, if Eleonora is stopped in X2, then Yelv can't be permanently playable again. Maybe everyone else could come back in X2, Elma and Lin are DUH! to return to the roster of course, but whether they'd swap some or all of the lesser playable characters in XCX for new ones in X2 is an open question to me. And Yelv's continued playability is most heavily in doubt to me. What is stopping Eleonora from rewriting his memories or override converting him to a mindless robot if the J-Body project is discovered and she has to kill those who learned of it? I can readily envision having to kill Yelv. I've seen memory rewrite scenarios where the old memories surface and the mind-altered character returns to the heroes elsewhere, but Yelv is a machine who can't have subconscious memories immune to eradication.

*Breathes*😌

There, despite having to write this twice b/c I accidentally deleted it all when I was almost done the first time, I've got all my Yelv talk out of my system.

Spoiler

Yeah, it's all really strange stuff. I'm not sure what the "J" in J-bodies stands for. I'm aware that Mimesomes were called something different in the Japanese version. Is that the same for J-bodies? I'm asking this because there might be a clue in the name but i'm having a hard time figuring out what the J would stand for.

If Yelv's identity was stolen and there was a real Yelv that was killed, it could be part of a government conspiracy. Or perhaps, Eleonora is a spy and these J-bodies are part of a larger project for whoever she's working for. We see more capsules in the epilouge there, likely containing more J-bodies. But, there's no way to tell the difference between a J-body and a Mim so anyone who does find it might just think they are extra Mims.

If Eleonora is a spy, for whom? Can't be the Ganglion. Lao already filled that role and it doesn't seem it was in Eleonora's interest to wipe out humanity. The Ghosts? Maybe. We know next to nothing about the Ghosts. Either way, there is definitly another party at play here.

Hmm actually......you bring up how the fact that everyone's a Mim is the reason no one's found out Yelv's secret. I wonder, could Eleonora and whoever she's working for have discovered that the Lifehold was destroyed beyond repair long before Elma and the rest did? As such, the J-bodies are being concieved as a replacement for humanity. 

And also, could Cross also be purely mechanical? Remember, both Cross and Yelv suffer memory issues, which odd considering everyone else has their memories intact.

I'm just rambling here but it's interesting regardless.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Blue Reflection's leveling system is... interesting.
You don't get any experience points from battles, but you gain growth points through fulfilling objectives and getting to be better friends with the peeps at your school. Those growth points you can then spend on four different parameters: Attack, Defence, Support, and Technic. Each point into one of these gets you one level higher and each prioritizes different stats (though all stats increase each time you level up this way), and you get different skills depending on which parameter you decide to increase.

Doesn't this make fighting pointless? Probably, but the combat system is so dang fun.

So is there any actual point to fighting or is it like Sticker Star where it doesn't matter at all?

3 hours ago, Strullemia said:

You're playing Xenoblade and suddenly this guy slaps your friend Rayn

latest?cb=20111105000036

What would you do?

JU4TGwG.gif

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Super Mario Bros 1 can be completed in like 10 minutes if you use the warp pipes that skip worlds.

I will say though that the original Mario Bros trilogy is harder than the newer games. I remember when i was younger, i was really good at New Super Mario Bros Wii (best 2D Mario btw) and then i played Super Mario Bros 3 on the Wii Virtual Console and got my ass handed to me. "What do you mean one hit reverts you back to small Mario, regardless of powerup?" - 12 year-old me.

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sunshine is really a mixed bag but still one of my favorites. On one hand, the setting, themes, and visuals are spectacular (not to mention the soundtrack). But it's also an easily broken glitchfest with a lot of tedious filler because of being rushed.

Honestly, the thing with 3D Mario games is even the worst one is still genuianly fun to play. 

I made a tier-list a while back

EFHeKB6XkAEMBw0?format=jpg&name=medium

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd love an HD remake of Sunshine, the tropical theme of the game is fun.

With the announcment of Paper Mario: The Origami King, the rumors of an HD 3D Mario collection feel more likely. But i'd imagine it'd be harder to do due to 3D Mario games generally being longer and having more content than 2D Mario (Odyssey would not be included in a hypotehtical collection for obvious reasons).

Honestly, i hope the rumor is true, mainly so i can play Super Mario Galaxy 2 again.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

It moves so much slower than in the original Xenoblade, I still hit it way too early sometimes! I suppose that would be because the original timing was way too strict?

No, it think it moves the same, but the timing for the Excellents in Xenoblade 2 is a lot longer than it is in Xenoblade 1. That's why I also hit it too early.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So is there any actual point to fighting or is it like Sticker Star where it doesn't matter at all?

It helps getting familiar with new skills and developing tactics for taking on boss battles. And some quests require you to fight certain enemies.
Monsters also drop materials you can use to craft items or enhance what is called Fragments (which you get from your friends when you view their character events), which can be equipped to skills to strengthen them with various effects (such as greater damage output, healing HP or MP whenever one is used, etc.).
So there is a reason to fight enemies, it's just not as "in your face" as it is in other games.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Interesting. I never felt it was that glitchy, honestly.
Thought it's been almost 16 years since I last played it, so my memory is perhaps understandably muddy.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents

Lao's body swap is feasible if the consciousness are still stored elsewhere. Either his Chimera body reverted to normal and nothing had to be done, or if it is a new body, the mysterious powers that be saw a use in Lao and transferred his consciousness's connection to a new body.

Spoiler

I suppose it depends on the capability of keeping the connection while moving the consciousness to a different location. I don't remember, was it stated if the people experienced a brief "blackout" during the crash landing? I suppose it doesn't matter. When it comes to stuff like this, I suppose it's less "Was it possible?" and more "Was this chosen over the other options?"