The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That’s been the biggest thing keeping me from continuing as well. The characters, story, music, setting, etc. are all fantastic, but the pace almost kills it for me.

I had to turn off battle animations, something i never do, and that only slightly sped things up.

And Radiant Dawn doesn't improve much in it's gameplay pace either from what i've heard.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Same though now that they are actually shown, I feel like the chapters aren't as evenly paced. It doesn't feel like the story is structured into chapters is what I mean.

True, but it serves as a convenient way to talk about when certain events occur and makes things feel more organized.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you don't mind, could you post it here? I'd like to see your version of it.

I didn't edit the images into a wallpaper or anything, but I can share the images I used:

Spoiler

ShodaiGoji_0.jpg KingGoji_0.jpg Godzilla_vs._Megalon_11_-_Tail_Slide.png 85Godzilla1.jpg

GVSG_-_Godzilla.jpg Godzilla98.jpg

Godzilla2000-36.jpg Godzilla_'04.jpg

G14_-_Godzilla_with_MUTO's_head_in_his_hands.png Shin_Godzilla.png

I wanted to showcase how Godzilla's design evolved over his history, so I picked an image from roughly the beginning and end of each era. I picked vs. SpaceGodzilla for the late Heisei because Burning Godzilla isn't a typical appearance for him (and it's the same suit as vs. Destoroyah anyway, just modified), and I included the tail slide because it was too iconic to pass up. There was a notable gap between Godzilla Raids Again and King Kong vs. Godzilla, so I choose to include the latter's design too.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Considering he did mention he was doing a lot of sidequests, i actually am surprised he finished it so soon. Xenoblade games typically take me like two weeks to finish the main story while also doing sidequests (but not all sidequests) . But that's my experience.

In my experience, I finished chapters 3.5 through 10 of Xenoblade 2 in about a week, though I ignored basically all side content (I finished with 45 hours). I currently have around 220 hours, but I rewatched all of the cutscenes during New Game+ so that probably influenced things.

Bruhhhhhhhh

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I didn't edit the images into a wallpaper or anything, but I can share the images I used:

Reveal hidden contents

ShodaiGoji_0.jpg KingGoji_0.jpg Godzilla_vs._Megalon_11_-_Tail_Slide.png 85Godzilla1.jpg

GVSG_-_Godzilla.jpg Godzilla98.jpg

Godzilla2000-36.jpg Godzilla_'04.jpg

G14_-_Godzilla_with_MUTO's_head_in_his_hands.png Shin_Godzilla.png

I wanted to showcase how Godzilla's design evolved over his history, so I picked an image from roughly the beginning and end of each era. I picked vs. SpaceGodzilla for the late Heisei because Burning Godzilla isn't a typical appearance for him (and it's the same suit as vs. Destoroyah anyway, just modified), and I included the tail slide because it was too iconic to pass up. There was a notable gap between Godzilla Raids Again and King Kong vs. Godzilla, so I choose to include the latter's design too.

Nice nice. And yeah, the tail slide is so good. It was one of the things that contributed to Godzilla vs Megalon being my second favorite in the series.

On the subject of Shin Godzilla, i know Anno said he wasn't gonna make a sequel but i do hope a sequel is made eventually. Shin Godzilla's design is just too good to only use once.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

In my experience, I finished chapters 3.5 through 10 of Xenoblade 2 in about a week, though I ignored basically all side content (I finished with 45 hours).

When i did my no-Blade summon run, i did finish at around 40-50 hours. Much shorter than the 70-80 hours of my first playthrough. But it could be because of me being more experienced.

So i probably should've specified that my first runs generally take me like two weeks. I'm about 11 hours into DE (main story) and i've already reached Frontier Village. Though i'm probably gonna do a lot of Colony 6 stuff right now (at least get the 1st stage of development done so i can have portable Gem Crafting).

Speaking of wallpapers, if you weren't aware, Nintendo has placed a bunch of XenoblaDE ones on that really needs an update service called MyNintendo. But you've probably a wallpaper folder comprised of enough Xenoblade screenshots that if each were turned into square foot rectangular tiles, you could cover the plazas of Alcamoth and have few a spares. I'll take some high-altitude Secret Location screenshots if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And Radiant Dawn doesn't improve much in it's gameplay pace either from what i've heard.

You can turn off map animations altogether, but only on a second playthrough or beyond IIRC. It does help a tad- no motions on the part of either unit engaged in combat. You're shown words for the procs of skills and crits, and hits/misses and HP bars and thats it.

If you grab a save file online, you can use that to skip the first playthrough for no animations right away. And it'd give you the full RD experience in one run- because two characters are NG+ only- so thats more convenience. The one thing not to do then is look in the ingame Library if you care at all about spoilers you already know- because that remains filled in on subsequent runs.

There are three videos I could gladly post for you if you wanted to see all of RD's skill and crit animations afterwards. The game did a good job in the combat presentation department I'd say, not that it excuses the speed issue. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Good evening (at least where I am). It's 11PM where I live.

Good afternoon. It's 8 PM here.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll take some high-altitude Secret Location screenshots if you don't mind.

I haven't taken screenshots of these, shame on me.

That reminds me, i never found the two Secret Locations on Bionis Shoulder. I know they exist, i just somehow never found them. There's a spot i thought would be one but isn't.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can turn off map animations altogether,

20181028_114722.png

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but only on a second playthrough or beyond IIRC.

20181029_114926.png

Don't understand the thought process behind locking that behind subsequent playthroughs.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are three videos I could gladly post for you if you wanted to see all of RD's skill and crit animations afterwards.

If you don't mind, i'd like to see them. I've seen gifs and clips of some of RD's animations but never compilations.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nice. Now I finally have someone to discuss it with without fear of spoiling it (though discussions will still be kept in the spoiler tags).

Sure thing! Well... tommorow, anyway.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

fast

that's fast.

were you playing 24/7?

I've played Xenoblade Chronicles about 50 or more times, I know my way around the game pretty well. And as Armagon stated, it's not that long.

Edit: I blasted through the storyline, focusing on 

Spoiler

Skill tree quests and Monado arte quests. Will do the rest now.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I still haven't played through all of Tellius (though i know what happens). I played PoR until Ch.7 because the USB my saves were on literally fell apart. The speed of the game is the main thing preventing my desire to return to it. I'm sure it's good but God, it's so slow to play. 

I’ve actually had a file that I started a while back on easy. I got up to chapter 13. Since then I’ve played through other games in the series and have gotten better at FE in general. I wonder if I should just restart on Normal to get the full challenge and make it more engaging despite the slowness.

Hm, how unfortunate. The web page I was using to get my mecha sprites seems to be gone. Should've saved the picture itself in my laptop... oh well.

Does it? I suppose, though that one certainly doesn't suit her, I'd think.

Though maybe it's because it's already the iconic outfit of someone else.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Seems like it will be another hot day ugh

Hot and humid, with a chance of thunderstorms. Fun!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

LOL

There's no escaping Saber

Nope.
The funny thing is, the one picture of Jeanne you see there is the only one I found where she has a sword. She was wielding a lance everywhere else.

A Flag*

Her class is Ruler, after all

Her real life counterpart is also often depicted with a flag and a sword, now that I think about it.

Wait, there are more classes beyond the original seven?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Her real life counterpart is also often depicted with a flag and a sword, now that I think about it.

Wait, there are more classes beyond the original seven?

Yes.

Ruler and Shielder are an example.

Fate spin offs are whack

Ruler and Shielder are an example.

Let me guess:
Rulers are good at leading. Though how that's supposed to help in a battle royale where it's every man/woman for him/herself is beyond me. Unless it's like this:
"Haha! My Servant is a Berserker. You can't beat me!"
"Oh, you sure about that? My Servant is a Ruler. You know what means, right?"
"Oh noo...."
"Oh yes." *summons entire army out of nowhere*
"Did you just summon a whole bunch of Servants? Isn't that against the rules?"
"Screw the rules, I have Jeanne d'Arc!"

And Shielders are basically tanks.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Fate spin offs are whack

> Implying that entire universe isn't.
But that's kinda what I like about it, ngl.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rulers are good at leading. Though how that's supposed to help in a battle royale where it's every man/woman for him/herself is beyond me. Unless it's like this:

Nah, they are more like judges to ensure peeps don't break the rules of the war

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And Shielders are basically tanks.

Yup

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

> Implying that entire universe isn't.
But that's kinda what I like about it, ngl.

True xD

Sometimes whack can be fun xSmD

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah, they are more like judges to ensure peeps don't break the rules of the war

Ah, I see.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

True xD

Sometimes whack can be fun xSmD

Yep. I love me some whacky stuff.
See Nep, for example.

Also, there is apparently a Gatekeeper class.
"Greetings, Master! Nothing to report!"

Edited by DragonFlames
I looked up some stuff and got confused.