The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hasn't it been proven that you can literally solo all of Sacred Stones with just Seth? Or is that just an exaggerated meme? I never verified.

you can do the same with Sigurd in Gen 1.

50 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Ashe x Kloe

B

Hide contents

Ashe: Hi Kloe! I’m going to gather some mushrooms in the forest for a dish. Would you like to accompany me?

Kloe: Mhm, some fresh air would be really nice.

Kloe and Ashe go to the forest nearby Garreg Mach. Kloe is picking up some mushrooms. Suddenly a boy appears and shoves Kloe.

Kloe: … Aaaw!

Ashe: Kloe! Are you alright?

Kloe: … Yeah… what was it!? Oooh... a boy!

Boy: ... Crap!

Ashe: Let me handle this!

The boy tries to run away, but Ashe catches him in time.

Ashe: Do you think you can escape?

Boy: …Aaah! Let me go, LET ME GO!

Kloe: Ashe, please don’t be so rude on him!

Ashe: Let’s see what we have here! Aha, a bag!

Kloe: … It’s my bag with all the mushrooms.

Boy: Give it back to me! I said: Give IT BACK! It’s MINE, YOU BASTARD!

Ashe: Calling me bastard!? Mhm… I think the only bastard here is you! Robbing a harmless girl out is quite ruthless, don’t you think? What would have happened, if she was injured?

Kloe: Ashe, please calm down!

Boy: You took everything from me what belongs to me!

Ashe: What!?

Boy: You took everything from me, my house, my family, my life! EVERYTHING! Sniffs

Kloe: …Aww… Little boy, I don’t know what happened, but please tell us your story. I promise we will listen to it and we don’t harm you, alright?

Boy: You are the ones who took everything from me! You work with them!

Kloe: I’m afraid it’s a misunderstanding. We detest any kind of such cruelity. Please I beg you to tell us your story. Otherwise we won’t be able to help you.

Ashe: Yeah, go ahead!

Boy: … You won’t be able to help me anyways… but whatever… fine. It was a couple of years ago when a group of dark and masked people broke into our house. ... They threatened us with weapons... but my mother refused to hand over our goods. ... Then one of the blackmen hit her on the head and she fell down on the ground... and her head hit the stone floor. ... She did........ not move... NOT MOVE. My sister and me watch that up close. The blackmen said: The kiddos are helpless and can't do anything, so let's light a fire and go! I tried to move... the body... but I was too weak. I carried my paralysed sister out of the house before the flames could hit us.

Kloe (hugs and holds the boy): ... I'm so sorry for you!

Boy: My mother......... my home......... disapperead.

Kloe: … Who would just do such a horrible thing... especially to a mother with her children nearby!? This is just inhuman!

Ashe: … People who care about their own ego and no one else. 

Kloe: So cruel! By the way what is with your father.

Boy: ... I never met him. Idk... I was alone with my sister. We had no home, no food, no money, NOTHING! The only way to survive is to look for stuff in the rubbish bins… and stealing… thing which belonged to us formerly.

Kloe: So the motive of stealing just to keep your sister alive, right?

Boy: Yeah, she's the only person left in my life and I want to grant her as less painful situation as possible.

Kloe: I see, and seriously I envy you! You took all your burdens on your shoulders just to protect your little sister. 

Ashe: Yeah, I understand your desperate situation. But it’s no justification to use that cruelty to rob out a little girl and being that selfish and don’t even give a little thing about her. Do you know what could have happened?

Boy: … I’m sorry, Miss!

Kloe: Ashe, it’s fine. I’m ok! I think it’s the best to go back to your sister and give the bag with some mushrooms to her! It should be enough for a little meal.

Ashe: Wait Kloe, are you sure?

Kloe: Yes, I am! The boy did very little and needs everything he can get to care his sister and himself. I wished I could do more, but I hope that bag of food is enough for you.

Boy: … WOW! Thank you, Miss! I’m sorry what I did and said to you! You’re not a bad person!

Kloe: Hihi, it makes me happy to hear that! Just have a good meal and take care of your sister and yourself! If you need something again, please feel free to come back to us at any time.

Boy: Alright… thank you very much!

The boy leaves.

Ashe: Hahaha… Why does this feel all so familiar for me…

Kloe: Ashe? You're looking so pale now!

Ashe: Oh Kloe… umm... it's nothing… just let’s head back to the monastery…

Kloe: ...

sweet!

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Are newer games any better for being an unbalanced mess?

What FE isn't an unbalanced mess?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What FE isn't an unbalanced mess?

Exactly! So, at that point, why does it matter? None of them get that right, and never will. Give the devs two characters to balance out, and I can guarantee you they would fail.

Heck, they can't even overpower something intentionally the right way, let alone do that. I guess expecting balance is just silly, is what i'm saying here.

That's also a reason that skills spice up the game. If it's not going to be balanced, it might as well be fun to play! RD as an example, I enjoy that games tier 3 skills, as wacky as they are.

Edited by lightcosmo

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But 3H has holy blood, only nerfed, along with Holy weapons, only nerfed. And what did that fix? The game is stuff broken by things like flying units.

To be fair, when haven't flying units been broken?

Also Holy Blood in FE4 was one of the deciding factors on whether or not a unit had a right to exist. Crests in FE16 isn't as decisive.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you can do the same with Sigurd in Gen 1.

Right but that's only the first half of the game.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Exactly! So, at that point, why does it matter? None of them get that right, and never will.

Some games are better balanced than others though.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Right but that's only the first half of the game.

well, yeah, because gen 2 gives you even more op tools.

ForCedi, NosefeJulia, etc.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Some games are better balanced than others though.

I think 3H took it to a new level, though.

I suppose, but I dont think that's the only thing that should matter. 

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FE4. They're still pretty good but they aren't fantastic in FE4.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only because they don't have access to holy blood weapons (except Altina, who you get pretty late)

Eh, wouldn't say it's just that. Not getting road bonuses to move around fast because flying kinda sucks. Puts them in this weird position of being more useful when travelling over different terrain half the time and the other half when you're trying to move long distances over the road not being much better off than infantries anyways.
And Altenna I don't think is super fantastic anyways, yea she's super strong but she joins when the game starts chucking a ton of dark mages at you and even a ton of ballista in her joining chapter, so I don't think she's the most useful and you need to be really careful with her.

Pixiv knows me well

Spoiler

Unbenannt.PNG

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

ton of ballista

FE4 ballista can't hit a giant stationary target with an big red x on it. They are blind.

But so are all non boss FE4 enemies.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pixiv knows me well

Reveal hidden contents

Unbenannt.PNG

FE4 ballista can't hit a giant stationary target with an big red x on it. They are blind.

But so are all non boss FE4 enemies.

Pixiv knows me well, as well. It's why I only get Tamamos in my recommended. 

They may not be the most accurate, but considering there's like 10 of them all in one spot in that chapter, I'm not gonna be throwing Altenna into 10 Balliasta, with 1 RN! Especially when she isn't super fast.That just seems like a bad idea. 😛

9 hours ago, Caster said:

I feel like Kaga got more mean when he made his own games, I liked TearRing Saga enough but holy shit some of those maps were absolutely infuriating.

The double swampass, the penultimate battles that aren't Fog of War yet are still mostly in the dark except for units, Chapter 18's summon spam + uber boss that self-destructs on turn 30- so don't bother doing anything but farming EXP here, Chapter 26 either version, and the lategame is a teensy bit of a witch.

Kaga did drop status staffs and same-turn reinforcements, so I'd say TRS was actually better than Thracia when it came to evils, and the interlocking ballistae spam was reduced too. 

I might be as or more annoyed by the maps where Kaga designed... nothing really? The bad and tedious had an idea behind them, some maps had no idea or a weak idea behind them and felt meaningless: Plum's sent away to a dance academy chapter, Plum's re-recruitment chapter, Holmes's first fight after the second route split, and the battle inside the Fire Temple.

And some fights, like Julius and Chapter 21, were "set pieces", which I don't mind by themselves b/c I do like RD, but were bothersome because it can sometimes be a struggle to find "good or trying to be good" battles in this game to offset the bad.

On the positive side, theres Chapter 17 except for that, and the final fight on Welt, and Chapter 34 and it's "Wood Shooter Army That Rishel Turns Into A Mountain of Charcoal".😛  I still had fun with TRS.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The double swampass, the penultimate battles that aren't Fog of War yet are still mostly in the dark except for units, Chapter 18's summon spam + uber boss that self-destructs on turn 30- so don't bother doing anything but farming EXP here, Chapter 26 either version, and the lategame is a teensy bit of a witch.

Kaga did drop status staffs and same-turn reinforcements, so I'd say TRS was actually better than Thracia when it came to evils, and the interlocking ballistae spam was reduced too. 

I might be as or more annoyed by the maps where Kaga designed... nothing really? The bad and tedious had an idea behind them, some maps had no idea or a weak idea behind them and felt meaningless: Plum's sent away to a dance academy chapter, Plum's re-recruitment chapter, Holmes's first fight after the second route split, and the battle inside the Fire Temple.

And some fights, like Julius and Chapter 21, were "set pieces", which I don't mind by themselves b/c I do like RD, but were bothersome because it can sometimes be a struggle to find "good or trying to be good" battles in this game to offset the bad.

On the positive side, theres Chapter 17 except for that, and the final fight on Welt, and Chapter 34 and it's "Wood Shooter Army That Rishel Turns Into A Mountain of Charcoal".😛  I still had fun with TRS.

That indoor swamp map, the invisible enemies, and the shrine map... I don't remember which one it was, the one with like the 15 dragons in the middle of the room, were the maps that frustrated me the most. Julius frustrated me because I feel like Mug was explained badly and I didn't know what was going on, but otherwise wasn't that bad.

Alot of times i think Kaga added events on the maps just because. 

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

which I don't mind by themselves b/c I do like RD

RD did well in not sacrificing gameplay much while making Gameplay/story interaction top notch....

we don't talk about Part 4

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

That indoor swamp map, the invisible enemies, and the shrine map... I don't remember which one it was, the one with like the 15 dragons in the middle of the room, were the maps that frustrated me the most.

I discovered on my second playthrough that you can have your fliers mount in the Mermel Caves fight. ...But they can only fly over the swamp and have to mount on a swamp tile. Like what? Does the cave have a giant dome 30-stories tall over the center and the rest of the cavern ceiling barely clears the characters heads? And what about the forest surrounding the Arch Mogall? How does a forest grow in a cave? Where does it get the rain and sunlight? Does the cave have no ceiling over that portion- but why can't I fly there then or maybe you can, I never dragged a flier over there? Mermel Caves is weird.

The ~15 Necrodragons in the southwest corner would be Runan and the Water Shrine/Temple (I forget what term the translation picked). Holmes's visit to the Fire Temple is easy filler. Considering the Necros negate your Def, have AoE Breath, and move all at once when aggro'ed, I can see the problem for most players. That they can kill each other with their halitosis meant I had Leonie shoot and dodgetank them all gone except the one you need Runan's holy sword for.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RD did well in not sacrificing gameplay much while making Gameplay/story interaction top notch....

I will forever stand by 3-3 as one of FE's best chapters. It's fun okay okay it isn't hard and the narrative-gameplay integration is perfect.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but why can't I fly there then or maybe you can, I never dragged a flier over there? Mermel Caves is weird.

You cant fly there, only when above forest tiles.

Day three of FE4 is incoming!

Day 2 was pretty boring, mostly because Ayra's AI didn't change when I captured her castle so she kept charging my castle and I was only able to survive by arena abusing Arden until he cleared the arena and procced defense/HP enough times to survive astra, (Since Alec was inside the castle at the time and he had just finished losing in the arena because I thought Ayra would stop attacking and head for Sigurd.) After that, I arena abused, gave Azel the speed ring, stole stuff with Dew and started to crawl towards the last castle. Using Arden is kinda fun, actually. Today I'll finish walking on the empty map and maybe start ch. 2.

The story's honestly been pretty meh so far, but I am really early in, and I don't like having to steamroll enemies with Sigurd to get the loot rather than use terrible units like Midir and Arden.

And I really liked Ch. 1's player phase music and the first two chapters' enemy phase music too.

However, I do like the pawn shop system and individual weapons; it makes things more interesting IMO.

I'm planning to go with weird parings too. First up is Azel and Eideen because I accidentally had them be right next to each other for 50 turns.

Edited by Benice