• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I don't see them as such a big deal. People seem to act like the game owes them to know absolutely everything it contains to the minimum detail. So when I see complaining of something the game didn't had the gall to warn them about, and start calling it things like BS... I just stare and roll my eyes...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Eh. It’s not about the fact that the game should tell them everything, at least in my mind, it’s about the fact that the game shouldn’t punish them for not being prepared for something they usually had no way of planning for. And in a game with permadeath, that usually happens.

Edited by Sooks1016

Isn't FE all about chance. Well, too bad, your level up had 0 stat growths. Too bad, your high Accuracy attack was a miss. Too bad, the low Accuracy attack of your enemy was a hit. Too bad, that enemy with low crit did proc the crit. Too bad, your unit was lost because of an enemy reinforcement. Etc.

Also, FE was first designed with ironmanability in mind. Losing a unit should just have meant losing the unit and moving on. Though yes, it is a philosophy so subverted by players FE itself had to accomodate for that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

That's the thing. Not everything has to give you a warning, or an alternative. Besides, an ambush spawn only ever works once. Once you know it's there, you can plan for it next time. If the game really wanted to be sadist, it would have them randomly spawn more often. Since I know some games do have enemy reinforcements have a random spawning chance in terms of location. Though their turn to spawn is not as random, if ever.

F as in Finished it? Sure.

Things like Ambush Spawns have never stopped me. A first playthrough is to learn, so on the second onwards you're better prepared.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

If you actually want to replay it, sure. That might not always happen, and things like that would especially stop that from happening, so I would say that things shouldn’t really be designed around that, although I get you’re not saying that.

I suppose it's a matter of patience. I have the patience to play through a game more than once. Heck, that CK2 playthrough I'm narrating in the other thread is my second full-campaign through that game. The whole six centuries of game long haul.

I'd happily play through my SRW Alpha and Alpha Gaiden games again, despite being thrice and twice the length of a standard FE game, respective. I've played my GBA ones at least twice if not thrice already. Other games I own also have various playthroughs in my belt.

Really, I can allow myself a first playthrough of improv and experimentation. As they're meant to be played. Though, well, we know that has been exploited, otherwise companies wouldn't have profit from selling Strategy Guides before.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh I certainly enjoy replaying games, don’t get me wrong. But the less I enjoy a game the less I would like to replay it, obviously. And ambush spawns aren’t fun for me. Granted, the core fe gameplay is so incredibly fun to me that that doesn’t really matter, but it’s worth noting.

Personally I’m in the vast majority of disliking ambush spawns category, mostly for that argument you’re tired of (although not just them being not told to the player).

I witnessed quite a bit and still decided to post there xD

Although that was just in discussion, I don’t have any unpopular opinions to post there (other than on a certain three houses character but meh), if I did I probably would.