FE Girls?

Rolanmen1

I'm in the middle of upgrading my computer, so my downloaded archive is current untouchable. I checked the uploader, but I don't see it on there (though I swore it was a little while ago, maybe it was removed). Unless there was a newer version, however, that older thread should have the newest version to try. Anyone with it should definitely upload it for us to try.

At this rate, I might just start downloading everything I see to make sure we can always have the files when we want them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Neither of those include the optional English patch. Does anyone have the version which includes the English menu and character text? The most recent version in my archive is 0871, and that's the last known back-up before the uploader switched from v2 to v3 :(

EDIT: A kind member has given me the game in question. I've went ahead and created a patch for others who would like English text in their FE Girls hack :) Remember, apply it to a Japanese version of the game!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=951LZZET

EDIT: Apply it directly to an unpatched Japanese ROM. Unlike the original combo, this patch includes both the FE Girls edits and the English text together. Before they were separated. So don't go patching over an already existing hack! Unless you want to see what randomly conflicting data can do :L

Edited by Celice

It's a gameplay patch, so everything other than story text looked to be in English. A few new titles were not translated, but it's nothing to stop you from playing the game completely through in English.

then again, nothing every stopped you from playing through in Japanese either :P

Does your patch make English text or everything, or still only a few things?

In full fledged translation patches, story script takes up the most time if there isn't anything to assist the translators. (like... let's say, an English script to refine from in a previous version of a game, like the Xbox360 version of Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 version)

So for practical purposes, they skipped that end just translated the menus so that people who don't care about the story can play the game practically mostly in English.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried it and it doesn't freeze, it should reset the game. This is because the translation isn't all too perfect. The game doesn't handle it well and just restarts. Continously press start to skip the event and it will pass the part where it restarts. It should go into the text where Hayden and Tana normally start talking. Right after the castle appears, text is supposed to appear while on the map, and this is the problem. Just skip :)

• 2 weeks later...

Neither of those include the optional English patch. Does anyone have the version which includes the English menu and character text? The most recent version in my archive is 0871, and that's the last known back-up before the uploader switched from v2 to v3 :(

EDIT: A kind member has given me the game in question. I've went ahead and created a patch for others who would like English text in their FE Girls hack :) Remember, apply it to a Japanese version of the game!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=951LZZET

EDIT: Apply it directly to an unpatched Japanese ROM. Unlike the original combo, this patch includes both the FE Girls edits and the English text together. Before they were separated. So don't go patching over an already existing hack! Unless you want to see what randomly conflicting data can do :L

Thanks for sharing, but since megaupload was shut down can anyobody share the patch again?

I did update the link in the Binary thread, it's in the first post. I think it's the third edit. I didn't bother posting about the update in this thread for some reason ._.

EDIT: However, I've noticed a couple upload sites suddenly stop supporting downloads from anyone other than the uploader, and one even canceled all service to U.S. people trying to access the site. So I don't know, at the moment, whether a link we put up today will ever be available later, so asking was a good thing to do. I know I'll have the patch saved, as a just-in-case if for some reason it disappears once again.

I've also started storing everything uploaded to the uploader, and also anything else I find interesting, for the reason reasons--in case they vanish.

Edited by Celice

In full fledged translation patches, story script takes up the most time if there isn't anything to assist the translators. (like... let's say, an English script to refine from in a previous version of a game, like the Xbox360 version of Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 version)

So for practical purposes, they skipped that end just translated the menus so that people who don't care about the story can play the game practically mostly in English.

I never said it wasn't time consuming, I just asked whether it had happened yet.

I just tried the one I uploaded, and it certainly is. This patch isn't the original patch, but both the Girls hack and the English translation together in one meta patch (which is why it's almost 2MB). Apply it to a Japanese version of the game.

EDIT: And it seems the Debug commands are still in the final game (not really a surprise)--I loaded a save and it loaded corrupted characters, but the Danger command was accessible from the menu. Interesting :p

Oh, and Jubby's upload is the patch without the English translation. It may be newer than the one I have uploaded, but it's not in English either. So it's your call as a player ^^

Edited by Celice