Rate the unit, Day 6: Dorcas

Elieson

Anyway, rating.

Axe. Almost competent growths. 20% spd growth. Comes with stat booster for free?

My rating, 3/10

Disclaimer: all ratings should be based on the assumption that the game is being played on HHM. Also, unit rating is organized based on availability starting at their first available playable chapter.

Current ranks:

Hector-8.3

Matthew-6.3

Oswin-6.7 [/size][/color]

Serra-6.3

Bartre-2.8

**************EDIT*******************

ALL RATINGS ARE HHM, AS IN LHM/HHM ONLY

Edited by Elieson

3.5/10. At least his speed base doesn't completely suck, which is more than can be said for Bartre.

Edited by Metal King Slime

6/10. Garcia with slightly worse bases and no hero, but he's easily good enough for FE7.

If LHM isn't counted (I forgot the result of that argument) he goes down to a 4/10 because those early levels really help him.

He gets a better start than Bartre. The speed, despite the 20% speed growth, stays high enough to double slower enemies even later in the game.

Despite a lower Str base, his 60% growth ensures he gets strength per level-up more often than not.

He is more useful in the forced chapters, which are probably the harder ones of the game, which matters the most.

Raven's rating: 50%

Edited by V-Raven

If playing through LHM, I rate 5/10. LHM gives him a chance to get up weapon level and levels in general to be useful for HHM. With no LHM I'm giving him a 3/10, the same rating I'd give for Bartre because in my opinion Dorcas starts off better with his weapon level and bases but Bartre's growth are better if given time to flourish

5/10

Dorcas has everything Bartre has without the weaknesses, perhaps a bit more. By the time you're done with Port of Badon, he can have B rank. Though he can one shot mages and pegasi with steel, you can promote him with Silver and additional strength to add more to the one shotting. In a way it makes up for his lack of speed.

However, that is no excuse for the two problems giving him that seal makes. 1. He dies out eventually anyways, as he can't one shot things forever and his speed will eventually be so pathetic it's embaressing considering it's FE7, and 2. He's taking it fro Raven the Insane, who puts it to far better use.

Still, you could make worse choices. Like Bartre.

3.5/10.

Chucking stuff is always helpful, and when it's an axe, it's bound to hurt. Unlike Bartre, he'll have some experience and levels, and his bases aren't as painful. There's probably better recipients for the Hero Crest, though (RAVEN).

Damn, hmm...

I'm torn between 4/10 and 5/10 with LHM. He really does have nice bases, although his SPD growth is terrible; that being said, enemy AS is so poor in FE7 that he could feasibly double some enemies for a long time, and maybe even the entire game if fed a speedwing. Bartre likely outdoes him in the end, but endgame isn't that bad in FE7, and Dorcas is better overall. Plus, 60 HP/15 DEF at 20/20 is pretty nice...need I say more?

Dorcas also has the advantage that he greatly benefits from being SPD blessed, but doesn't really suffer that much if SPD cursed.

4.5/10: Mediocre but available when you need him.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

if I mathed right, bartre is 3.15

wait, I think I definitely did that wrong... I'm gonna recount

EDIT: Bartre is 2.8

Dorcas has a significantly better start than Bartre. He doesn't get too far in his life, but he can still prove to be decent without having an awful start.

I'll give him a 4.5/10

Edited by Dave Strider

4/10. Okay start but doesn't really get anywhere.

However, decent enough.

Just chuck wings and braves.

And put him around frail enemies/lance using enemies.

Decent Knight Killer though

Edited by The Creeper

4/10.

I don't have much to say about Dorcas that hasn't already been said. He's basically the opposite of Bartre: decent base speed, but awful growth. It's too bad Dorcas and Bartre can't perform the fusion dance. "Dortre" might have been a good character...

Edited by Gustave

4/10.

I don't have much to say about Dorcas that hasn't already been said. He's basically the opposite of Bartre: decent base speed, but awful growth. It's too bad Dorcas and Bartre can't perform the fusion dance. "Dortre" might have been a good character...

Breath of Fire reference ftw.

4/10.

. . .or it could be someone with Bartre's bases and Dorcas' growths. Be careful what you wish for.

. . .or it could be someone with Bartre's bases and Dorcas' growths. Be careful what you wish for.

. . .Either way I think the result wouldn't exactly be good.

This is because I'm biased, but he's really not that bad despite never being able to double (Besides Knights and Loldiers), but he has great support options and will start 2HKO'ing pretty much anything, eventually.

4/10 - Dorcas contributes well for the first few forced chapters and he has enough speed to avoid being doubled against things that matter for many chapters to come. The things that do double him are redundant since you wouldn't be putting him up against a mercenary or myrmidon unless he had a swordreaver or swordslayer. In this sense, he can survive enemy phase rather well and thus get more experience and keep up with getting experience without having to be fed every kill on player phase.