Rate the unit, Day 6: Dorcas

Elieson

Dorcas is your typical earlygame fighter. Strong, but doesn't double, and can take some degree of punishment. Anyway, Dorcas hits like a truck; I think I can say that much. He has 7 base str, the same as Hector, and a 60% str growth, so he hits fairly hard. And he's doing ok defensively, as well. 3 def by itself is actually quite bad, the second worst on the team(Serra has worse)and his growth is quite bad(25%), but he has 30HP at base with an 80% growth, so you can expect him to get 3-4HKO'd. Not bad. Dorcas does have one fatal flaw that kills his rating: his speed. While 6 base is decent(doubles slow things, nothing special), Dorcas has a pitiful 20% speed growth, which drains any hope he has of doubling mid-to-lategame.

While he doesn't need it, Lyn mode can extend his utility somewhat. A Lv8 Dorcas has 34HP/10str/7spd/4def, which allows him to 2HKO all but the most durable fighters and brigands(27HP/5def)and is getting 4HKO'd for the most part(only brigands/fighters 3HKO), which is definitely awesome. 7 AS isn't getting doubled by anything but the fastest enemies, either, so he's GTG I guess. But like Bartre, he really isn't worth using a crest on because Guy and Raven use it better.

EDIT: Made him a 5.

Edited by darkandroid125

he's okay to use when you train him in LHM, other than that, Bartre is the better choice if you want a warrior.

4/10

I'm not seeing how Bartre's better than Dorcas when he has a terrible start and not-that-great finish.

Edited by Metal King Slime

4/10.

I don't have much to say about Dorcas that hasn't already been said. He's basically the opposite of Bartre: decent base speed, but awful growth. It's too bad Dorcas and Bartre can't perform the fusion dance. "Dortre" might have been a good character...

That would be Barcas.

I'm not seeing how Bartre's better than Dorcas when he has a terrible start and not-that-great finish.

what Bartre has over Dorcas;

base: -1 HP, 2 str, -2 skl, -3 spd, 1 lck, 1 def, 0 res.

level 20/1: 1 HP, 1 str, -2 skl, 1 spd, 0 lck, 2 def, 2 res.

level 20/15: 2 HP, 0 str, -3 skl, 3 spd, -2 lck, 3 def, 4 res.

I'll take spd, def and res over skl and lck

basically, for early game use only, use Dorcas. for late game planning take Bartre.

what Bartre has over Dorcas;

base: -1 HP, 2 str, -2 skl, -3 spd, 1 lck, 1 def, 0 res.

level 20/1: 1 HP, 1 str, -2 skl, 1 spd, 0 lck, 2 def, 2 res.

level 20/15: 2 HP, 0 str, -3 skl, 3 spd, -2 lck, 3 def, 4 res.

I'll take spd, def and res over skl and lck

basically, for early game use only, use Dorcas. for late game planning take Bartre.

Never mind the fact that Bartre's not overtaking Dorcas for a loooong time, if ever.

The best Warrior in FE7 outspeeds Bartre and Dorcas at base (assuming they're all the same level), can pick up a Brave Bow the minute he shows up, and is drop-dead sexy.

Geitz <333

Kinda hard to get in HHM without going LHM though. Lyn has a nice level buffer to make her HHM performance decent enough to level alright if LHM is done so getting her and Hector up to levels aren't too difficult. But without it leveling both her and Eliwood to an average of ~15 with Hector at 20 is a pain and probably really hard unless you go really slow :<

...Yeah I forgot to play LHM and then my Lucius was underleveled and Lyn was suck and now I couldn't get Geitz. ; n;

I find Dorcas to be pretty good early game. His decent base speed along with high HP makes him one of the more survivable characters when you have forced deployment early game and Hand Axe use is also a bit of a boon. Though due to his 20% speed growth he sort of tapers off as you progress in the game. Starting with C rank axes and the WEXP gained through Lyn Hard mode is a nice bonus especially considering he can wield Steel Axes and the Hammer with only 1 speed penalty so WEXP can come quite quickly to him(in regards to using the Chapter 15 Silver Axe) if you use him.

5/10

Meh...Dorcas. Hes not exactly a unit i use much. But he isnt horribad in the chapters where hes forced.

Pros:

Axe user.

Decent early game.

Super manly ok speed base.

Lyn mode possibilities.

Cons:

Bad speed growth.

Meh supports.

Ehhh....

Yeah im pretty meh with this guy. He could be worse but he could be better.

4/10