Balancing Split Promotion paths

Clark

You know, I've heard this come up a few times, but I think I need more convincing that it's really a problem.

- Ok, they can get unlimited exp and be lv 20 forever. So, adjust bases and zero growths. Done. It's not like growths for a dancer are a huge issue anyway. They can't ever fight even if they do proc speed and skill (Tethys has some at base anyway o_O), and there's probably something wrong with your strategy if you're relying on a Dancer tanking and not countering (FE7 19xx notwithstanding).

- They have the more obvious direct benefit of dancing each other forever, i.e. movement. But once one of them dances for the other, they're committed to that plan for the turn; once one of them dances for someone else, they're both done. So basically you have the option to treat them as a single dancer with unlimited movement range. A dancer that still can't fight, and whose utility is thus limited by the placement of other units (true, it means paladins can move 16 per turn consistently, but only if there's a safe spot left for the two adjacent dancer units). And it costs you two deployment slots. Come to think of it, this is the point where you might start relying on a Dancer tanking and not countering...

Has anyone already done a hack for this (just duplicate Tethys or something)? Can anyone actually exhibit strategies that shave additional turns with two Dancers?

A Thief promoting to Dancer and losing combat capability would be a little weird, though

I think the bigger problem is not a mechanical one, it's that it completely breaks the suspension of disbelief and the player's immersion with the game. Granted, magical dances that let one person fight like two is pushing it but a pair of dancers who can act infinitely is downright impossible.

>Volke

>basically game breaker

yeah don't do that

armors are useless purely because they lag behind very quickly, in smaller maps they're helpful, and defending maps(lolfe8defense). But getting somewhere and smashing someone? Cavaliers will always dominate that section unless armors grow wings.

Volke had strength, not a crit boost. He was just sound in combat, I never found him using Lethality effectively. OwaytRD.

And you mean wyverns.

Edited by deranger

In RD, Silencer was calculated Skill / 2, while FE8, it's Critical / 2. Volke mostly gets 20% Silencer, while in FE8 it fluctuates a whole ton more, with the items you use.

Edited by Clark

>Volke

>basically game breaker

yeah don't do that

armors are useless purely because they lag behind very quickly, in smaller maps they're helpful, and defending maps(lolfe8defense). But getting somewhere and smashing someone? Cavaliers will always dominate that section unless armors grow wings.

Volke is not a game breaker or even close. For someone who joins at about the same time as five Laguz Royals, he's very underwhelming.

In addition, Fe8 does not have any Defend maps, just a few Kill Boss maps that are in denial.

Volke is not a game breaker or even close. For someone who joins at about the same time as five Laguz Royals, he's very underwhelming.

In addition, Fe8 does not have any Defend maps, just a few Kill Boss maps that are in denial.

chapter 19...or was it 20 is labeled as a defend map for 15 turns...

granted its possible to kill the boss far before that ends...

I have no clue about balance, but could you try and make armors more useful by making it where they don't lose movement because of terrain? Or giving them canto? Neither one makes any real sense for someone wearing heavy armor but still.

I have no clue about balance, but could you try and make armors more useful by making it where they don't lose movement because of terrain? Or giving them canto? Neither one makes any real sense for someone wearing heavy armor but still.

For terrain, you could say the don't give a fuck about trees, they're wearing armor (they just go crashing through and bowling over them). and their armor floats and digs holes through hills.