Abysmal Souls Chapter 6

ReformBlade

Reynor

"No..." "Huh?" "We will go... to the beach... I can signal... maybe somebody will... come... I'm sorry..." He smiled a little. A way off the island, and she's not mad? This is perfect. "Alright... Here, let me help you up." he strung her arm over his shoulder, and helped her to stand. "Alright, Lunaria, which way to the beach? I don't know the forest as well as you do." He could eventually find his way out, but he was sure that being led by her would make it easier on the both of them. She might've seemed alright, for the most part, but he could tell those berries weren't for human consumption. Someone had better come, soon.

Adrian

Aiduen seemed really out of it, but after he explanation, who could blame her? He was about to try and talk to her about it, but she asked for some space. Again, he couldn't blame her. He gave her a soft smile, "okay. If you need someone to talk to, I'll just be over there, alright? Don't be a stranger." saying what he felt he had to, he walked back over to his seat next to Carrion. The silence was annoying him, and he wanted to talk about something, but nothing specific was coming to mind. "So, uh..." he stuttered for a moment before thinking of something, "how about this boat? I've never been on a boat, myself. I think I'm taking it well, though. No seasickness over here. I've heard it can be pretty bad... You ever get seasick, Carrion?" Rather odd topic, but it's better than sitting in silence. He kept his smile going, seemingly the only really happy person on the boat.

Edited by seph1212

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aurelio

Aurelio had never travelled by boat before... and he never wanted to again. It had only been half an hour and he already felt like throwing up. The rhythmic rocking was just too much for him, side to side... he felt sick even thinking about it. Riding a horse was nothing, it was just up and down, but the boat felt like it was going to topple over at any moment. The group were gathered around a table, they needed a plan.

"Ugh... I'm not liking this. Now, if we're up against Carrion, we gotta be careful. If she's after Lunaria, there's a good chance she's not gonna back down. Adrian... he's probably with her but... ugh... he shouldn't be problem, but we're in for a tough time against guys like Danyon and Gideon, or whoever else is with her Those guys were pretty... ugh... good at the tournament. Carrion herself's gonna be a nightmare. But I figure she can't take us all on at once - if we... come from different angles... man, I hope we can talk her out of it."

Everything would hinge on tomorrow, his search could be over, but his life was also at risk of ending. He only hoped Lunaria would be safe.

----------------------------------------------------

Lunaria

Reynor helped her up. Even in the state she was in, a little support from Reynor meant she could actually move. He wasn't angry, and he wasn't scared, maybe he didn't hate her.

"Alright, Lunaria, which way to the beach? I don't know the forest as well as you do."

"Reynor? What about your friend? She needs to come too. I promise... I promise I won't hurt her, but she can't stay here... it's not nice being on the island. Can we please look for her once we get help?"

She lead him onwards. She knew the forest too well, far too well... at last, it was her chance to be free. Then she could find Aurelio... if he was still out there...

Edited by Folgore Red

-Obelia-

Obelia's eyes trail in light suprise to Ken, the girl having traveled enough with him to know how much of a leap in logic, in faith from the one he has been taught, to do this is. To take a step away from doing good because you are told that is what good is, to believing truly in what you are doing, for yourself, because you've seen so. Her smile grows a little, only a tiny bit, yet does so knowing that in that instance, Ken is both a new person, yet entirely himself. She stands quite silently, glancing back to the girl for a moment, hoping against hopes that this has somehow reached her, otherwise, things will become even more difficult then they have been. Her gauntlet clad hands rests on his shoulder a moment though, just giving him a single, strong look with a smile, an indication of her pride in his decision, in standing by him.

-Noel-

'You know, you're not very good at this whole sneaking things. Fainted people don't turn their heads.' She opens an eye and smiles a little but, brushing a furred hand through his hair a little, worry soon etched back into her features as well. 'You do know you had me worried there, right? I'm... well, sorry for getting angry like that. That guy just pushed a few buttons, so... I lost it a little. Are you alright anyway, Andy? You seemed to go down like a rock, you've been out for a day or two.' She seems worried for his health, for him, eyes watching him curiously for a little bit, even with his head turned away, smiling a little at the idea this sort of position might be embarrasing the young priest.

-Langley-

'Feh.' Langley offers a light nod to the wolfish blacksmith, who offers a light smile and wave back to the swordfighter. She stretches a little, fully dressed if not fully awake, tugging her cloak a little around her shoulders. She walks past the tree, with a mental note to listen to all those obscenities delivered by the struggling, bound idiot in the tree, yawning... then casually delivering a swift, strong kick, enough of her fathers blood in her that it wobbles a bit heavily, causing him to utter a squeak a mouse would be embarresed to let out, due to the high pitch of it. She smirks a tad, before heading off through the town, silence in the center of it for a good moment or two.

-Carrie-

'If- Ow, if we are -ever- late again, I will drop you in the water myself.' She offers this through gritted teeth, rubbing her side a little with a wince or two, sighing a little to herself. Something's definately brusied, cracked, whatever. She just moves, not really limps, but wobbles from side to side to a seat by him, settling down with a blink, touching her face. Her glasses aren't there, which means... she offers a low, cursing tone, realising either they're back at the inn... or they fell out on the way. She sighs a little, tugging her hood back, actually letting her face be in full view for a while. She doesn't do so often, not really caring too much for letting others see her face, but shrugs to herself, resting her back against the boat for a little.

-Ellandra-

She smiles quite brightly, wings fluttering a little. So far, a good grasp of language, spoken too, belongs to her. She hesitantly however notes it's not really the same if you can't use it within conversation. She glances around, stepping back from the boat's front, wondering if any might be around to start said conversation with. Most seem relaxed or talking already, yet she does however note the two known as Horatio and Carrie, hesitantly moving over to them, offering a slightly high pitched, nervous greeting.

'H-Hello?'

-Zwool-

'So.' The librarian glances to him for a moment or two, seeing him still quietly looking over the book. He knows the question that will be asked, yet is uncertain of the time it will take to find that answer. Nor what it will lead to. He only knows an answer that will have to suffice for now. 'What will you do?' The librarian asks this, even as Zwool's mouth opens, murmering with a half willing conciousness.

'I'd like some time to think.' The librarian nods and silently, he moves from his chair, heading away with a light sigh while the man with the book glances over it, fingers clenching and unclenching every so often on top of that too.

Elune

"Miss, I understand your feelings towards Lushira... Once I return to Lushira, I promise to right the wrongs that we have done. I shall heal you, not as a priest of Lushira... but in order to combat suffering."

"... When will you stop deluding yourself?"

She was starting to find even breathing painful, taking slow, long breaths to ease the pain. "You... You can't understand. Your idea of easing suffering? There are so many people... Have you ever been to Saphine? Slave auctions, killing, poverty... You can't do anything about that. You never will."

"You will never be able to set anything right. Your country... to it, you're an insignificant fly. Your ideas... nothing will come out of it. Nothing will change, more people will be hurt... What can a single, ambitious priest do, when he wants to take on the entire world?"

"Do you think... you can cure 14 years of mental torture with just one spell? W-What were you doing on your t-twelfth birthday? Having a party? Celebrating with your family? I... I was huddled in an alley in Gerhelva, with nothing b-but a dagger, crossbow and an old, torn cloak... f-freezing to death. You haven't e-experienced... any of this pain you keep talking about. Maybe for some people... you can help them - When they are ill, or need money. But... for people like me... If you want to h-help me, kill me. I have nothing anyway..."

Leaning against the wall, Elune almost fell back onto the floor, grimacing. She could almost feel the tears coming back as Ken began his healing spell.

"D-Don't you dare... do this to me..."

Julia

It was getting late. She walked back through the streets of Pravna, easily making her way back to the inn she was staying at. When she re-entered the inn, however, she wasn't exactly greeted by a sight she wanted to see.

Oshea was at the counter, talking to the innkeeper, trying to find enough rooms to house all of his... ruffians. Julia quietly tried to tiptoe around to the stairs, avoiding Oshea and his men as best as she could.

He's talking to me again. This is going to be a long trip, isn't it? "No I usually don't get seasick, I find the rocking relaxing to be quite honest. Getting shoved around willy-nilly, nothing better..." So many thoughts were in her head at the moment, she didn't know what to say for the longest time. "Adrian." she spouted after a few long moments. "How do you feel now that I honest to god tried to kill your friend in a fit of jealous rage? This wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last... I can't help it, Adrian. It's who I am."

Aiduen smiled at Adrian as he left, a sheepish "Thanks" escaped from her lips before she had her own things to worry about suddenly creep up. "I've gotta let him go, I guess... And besides, there's plent of other people who would, I hope, like my company... I can do this... I think?" She said before looking down again.

Edited by RainbowKitty

Andy

"I... Uh, I, uhm... I-Is that so..." Andy felt awkward. Not that this was new, but he was feeling it more than normal. But, she was worried for me? That's... that's nice. He smiled a little, and felt himself calm down just a touch. "I... guess I'm alright. I do have a... question, though." He turned his head towards her a bit, almost afraid of asking. "Why... did you stop? You could've shoved me out of the way and had your revenge. I'm not much of an obstacle, so..." It confused him a lot. She could've hurt him, and if she really was worried about that, she could've just shoved him aside. I wouldn't have gotten back up if she'd done that, so...

Reynor

With Lunaria guiding him, it didn't take long to make it to the beach. Smiling now, he set her down on the sand and took a moment to soak in the night sky. It was completely clear after that storm, and all the stars were out. Sitting next to her for a moment, he simply said, "Lunaria, look... it's beautiful, isn't it?" This was before he realized they weren't going to build a signal fire without wood. "Oh, right, a fire. Lunaria, will you be alright while I go and grab us some wood?" He wasn't about to leave her there alone, not if she was still scared. He'd carry her with him if he had to.

Horatio

"Maybe we were just too frisky th'other night, then. I mean, we did wake up in bed t'gether. You must've been a real animal if we slept that late." He laughed as he went on, knowing that Carrie would probably hit him for that, but having too much fun to care. She wasn't in the best of moods after crashing, and hearing how hard she had crashed, he couldn't blame her. Maybe I can teach her t'be more light on 'er feet. Before any more jabs could be made at Carrie's expense, a rather quiet voice popped up. 'H-Hello?' "Huh? ... Oh. You're that Anri that was clingin' to that lizard fellow from before. I didn't know you came." He leaned back and stretched a bit, still stiff from sleeping. "So, what's it? You wanna talk with us or somethin'?" He gave her a smile, trying to be at least that polite.

Adrian

"Yeah, it is a nice feeling, isn't it?" He'd hoped Carrion would continue on that, but a long bit of silence followed their tiny conversation. Something must be on her mind. She's normally never this quiet... could it be what happened with Aiduen? That's gotta be part of it. I doubt she's heartless enough to not care about her. "Adrian." Her suddenly speaking jarred him a little, but he responded, "uh, yeah?" "How do you feel now that I honest to god tried to kill your friend in a fit of jealous rage? This wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last... I can't help it, Adrian. It's who I am." He was speechless. I was right, then. It is because of that. "I..." he sighed, and closed his eyes. "I'd be lying if I said it didn't upset me. It made me worry, a lot, for both of you. I was worried if Aiduen would hate us, I was worried if you'd be alright, I just..." he smiled again, and looked up at the night sky.

"If Aiduen had died, I would've been upset, that much is true. But she's still alive, and she's got other things on her mind. D'you know she's not even worried about what happened? She's worried... about her brother." Before getting too into that, he shook his head, "But this isn't about her, it's about you. If that's who you are, I guess I'll just have to stay away from all other women, won't I? I think I'll be fine with that. You're more than worth it, I think. Maybe I can even help you past all of this. If you'll... let me, that is." He told her how he felt, made sure not to leave anything out. He was worried about Aiduen, he was worried about Carrion, but he wasn't about to start hating her. Not after all this. And so he smiled at her, like he always did.

Aurelio

- Currently having a lot of fun being seasick

--------------------------------------------------

Ken

"You... You can't understand. Your idea of easing suffering? There are so many people... Have you ever been to Saphine? Slave auctions, killing, poverty... You can't do anything about that. You never will."

"No, I cannot. A single man cannot change the world. However, I refuse to sit back and do nothing. I'm not strong, I'm not charismatic or awe-inspiring. I'm just me, a little man who can only do as he is told. Until now, I've never seen the suffering in the world. Why can't two women love each other? Why must people be slaves and starve? Why are some people without a home to call their own? I will go as far as I can, even if it's helping one person at a time!"

His words weren't getting through to her. How could he show her that he truly wanted to help?

"Do you think... you can cure 14 years of mental torture with just one spell? W-What were you doing on your t-twelfth birthday? Having a party? Celebrating with your family? I... I was huddled in an alley in Gerhelva, with nothing b-but a dagger, crossbow and an old, torn cloak... f-freezing to death. You haven't e-experienced... any of this pain you keep talking about. Maybe for some people... you can help them - When they are ill, or need money. But... for people like me... If you want to h-help me, kill me. I have nothing anyway..."

"You are correct. It's relatively easy for me to heal the sick, or to aid the poor, but to ease one's soul is another task. You have suffered great hardships, far worse than I can even begin to imagine. I can't start to understand if you won't let me listen. The spell is nearly complete, your life is in no danger. If you are willing to tell me about your past, I will be willing to listen."

"D-Don't you dare... do this to me..."

"No, I am not condemning you. I am giving you the choice of life. If I were to let you die, I'd never forgive myself... what good is my goal if I can't even help someone in front of me?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunaria

They would be saved, somebody was bound to come if they saw a fire. Reynor, herself and Reynor's friend could all escape... together.

"Oh, right, a fire. Lunaria, will you be alright while I go and grab us some wood?"

"Don't worry, Reynor. I'll be fine by myself. If you see your friend, please bring her too. I'll gather my strength, it's much easier for me to start a fire than you!"

She smiled, perhaps everything would be fine after all. What was the worst that could happen?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oshea

The inn was disgusting, but it was a place to sleep. It had been the only place he could find with enough rooms. There was no chance he'd share with any of the animals he had with him. The bar was pretty busy, but he was in no mood for his usual antics. Oshea gave his men instructions for the morning, and head off upstairs. He could barely bring himself to touch the door handle. When this was over, he vowed that he'd only live in his new manor.

His men had other plans. When Oshea was out of earshot, they sat around a table and began scheming.

"OK. We'll do Mr Fancy pants in when he falls asleep. Hehehe... I can't believe he bought the whole stupid act... good old Mr. Oshea..."

Whilst generally discreet, the men hadn't even noticed Julia - who could probably hear then if she listened hard enough.

Edited by Folgore Red

"I can't ask you to stay away like that... How can I? Everyone else is... different from me." His smiling made her feel worse, the weight of what she wanted to do almost too much to bear now. "I just don't think you understand, Adrian. Well. Maybe you can." She lowered her voice and looked Adrian in the eye for a moment before returning that gaze towards the island. "Remember Grant? How he wanted me dead so badly? That's how I felt about Aiduen in that instant. I wanted to choke the life from her, to snap her neck, I wanted to see blood... But most importantly, I wanted her to stop talking, to stop moving, in that moment, there was only one solution to it all. Snuff her out, be done with it." Carrion smiled at her description, wishing it was all just some bad dream, "That's who you're dealing with, Adrian. I'm sorry if I mislead you, but those rumors of me being a murderer... they're partially true. Even in self defense I wanted to rip and tear people apart..." Hiding her face from Adrian, she started crying. "I want you to be right, I want it to be true, that I'm just an innocent little girl but it can't be true, not with what I've done." Wiping the tears away, she smiled. It's all just one big joke and I'm the punchline...

Reynor

He gave her another smile, and propped himself up to grab some wood. The storm had brought down a tree near the beach, and even though it was soaked, they could still burn it for smoke. Though, it was an entire tree. And it was heavy. "Alright, time for some elbow grease..." Since it was on the beach, and on sand, the weight was a bit more manageable. It was still incredibly heavy, but he didn't have to move it far. He pulled it from the treeline and collapsed back next to Lunaria. "There... we go... that should do..." Propping himself up into sitting, he sighed. "We'll get off this island soon. Just give that a light. On a night as clear as this, the smoke'll be easily seen."

Adrian

He hugged her, wanting nothing but to be next to her right now. He couldn't take her being this down on herself. He knew what she had done, and he knew it was terrible, but it was one time. And he felt like he could stop her from doing it again. "Carrion, I know what you did was horrible. You wanted to kill her, you wanted her gone, for the most selfish of reasons. And I don't know if I can excuse that. But I don't care about that. That's all in the past. And some things should be left in the past. Right now, she's alive, and she doesn't hate you for what you did. Neither do I. I still love you, Carrion, I do." He pulled her closer to him and move into the hug, letting what he'd said sink in for a moment. As he went on, he lowered his voice. There were still others on the boat, and they didn't need to hear their conversation.

"I think... the only reason you feel as you do is because you're scared. You've always been scared, ever since you did what you did to your brother. And since then, people have done such horrible things to you. You've only wanted to do back to the world what it's done to you. I can't blame you for that. I don't think you should blame yourself, either. I've had terrible things happen to me, and sometimes I want nothing else but to scream out at the world and hurt those around me. But I don't, because... I have someone like you to care for. And I won't lose myself to rage because you're still there for me. But you also like to push everyone away, huh?" He paused. "You know..." smiling as he started again, "you're really like your element, fire. It's powerful, it's fierce, and unpredictable. It can rage out of control and consume everything around it. But it can also die out quickly, and the world wouldn't have known it was even there. Unless there's someone to take care of it. Someone to make sure it never burns out of control, someone to make sure it never goes out. Someone to keep it safe... Someone to keep you safe, Carrion..." He kissed her cheek as he went on. "Please let me be that someone. I don't want to leave you. I don't want you to leave me."

Edited by seph1212

Elune

"No, I cannot. ... I will go as far as I can, even if it's helping one person at a time!"

"... You admit you can't make a difference, so why... Why even try? But... what do I care about you, how you'll forever chase a useless dream. A fragile dream which can be torn down so, so easily."

"You are correct. It's relatively easy for me to heal the sick, or to aid the poor, but to ease one's soul is another task. You have suffered great hardships, far worse than I can even begin to imagine. I can't start to understand if you won't let me listen. The spell is nearly complete, your life is in no danger. If you are willing to tell me about your past, I will be willing to listen."

She stood up now, the pain in her abdomen mostly gone. "What is there to understand? The only thing that matters is that fourteen years ago, your country killed me. Last night, your countrymen killed me a second time. And, now... in a way, you've killed me for the third time, Ken." Her words were bitter, racked with anger and hatred.

"No, I am not condemning you. I am giving you the choice of life. If I were to let you die, I'd never forgive myself... what good is my goal if I can't even help someone in front of me?"

"You think healing me is considered as helping me? No, no, Ken... don't you get it? Some people can't be saved, no matter what you do. You can't heal a man with an arrow in his heart; you'll only prolong his suffering." She smirked, knowing her analogy would bring back memories of Ken's brother back to him. "In the same way, you can't heal someone whose life has been so... warped since she was a child. You'll just make everything worse~."

She began to walk back towards Ken's room, where her weapons still lay. If he's as stupid as to follow me... Well, I'll just have to fulfill that promise I just made to him, won't I?

Julia

"OK. We'll do Mr Fancy pants in when he falls asleep. Hehehe... I can't believe he bought the whole stupid act... good old Mr. Oshea..."

She froze, realising what would probably happen later in the night. Did she particularly care about Oshea? No, but would her men get caught in the fight? Almost definitely. Would she have shrugged off a man being killed or robbed by his own employees? The answer was a sure no.

She followed Oshea upstairs and quickly noted which room he was staying in (The one next to her - wonderful). She waited five minutes before knocking on the door where the men in her company were staying. As she had hoped, Radek was the one to answer.

She didn't even wait for Radek to begin, pushing past him into the room before shutting the door. "Remember the man we pissed off earlier today? He's here, and tonight he'll eitherbe robbed, killed or even both."

"So what, Major? Why get our hands dirtied in matters which do not involve us, especially one involving... him? If you want my opinion, I would just suggest waking and leaving early - But of course, it is not my decision to make."

"Yes, but what if any of you get involved? And if anything were to happen, I'd be unable to forget it... Just keepon guard. You know where Carmen and Sarah are. Wake them if anything happens."

She briskly walked back out before gathering her courage, finally knocking on the door of Oshea's room.

Edited by Illuminate

A hug, a kiss, and some sweet talking... some very convincing sweet talking... "I..." she started before she shuddered a little. Oh god, he's just... why do I feel so conflicted?! I should want this so badly, I should want to hold him so, so damn much... He sounds genuine, and I love his warmth... Why? He's naive, he's just spewing sweet nothings, but if it's true, I'm passing up the one thing I may never get another chance at... "I'm sorry, Adrian... I'm very muddled right now, but I... do want you... but I'm just so damned selfish. I get so agitated when you're with someone else and I know I shouldn't be. She's your friend, she's my friend as well, but... I don't know... I just have this nagging feeling that you'd just drop me for her if you had the opportunity. And I know that's unfair for me to think, I feel awful about saying it to you. The reason I'm even saying this is, well, you can do what you want, but please think about how it'll affect me. I won't get mad at you anymore unless you do something incredibly stupid, but I'll work on my jealousy... ok? I'm insecure, yes, and I'll work on it, but I just figured that if I told you, you'd at least try to help me on that. so... is that ok?"

Edited by RainbowKitty

-Obelia-

She moves forward, hesitant a moment and hand raised to stop Elune, noting the direction she moves in. But she realizes, a small lament in her head for this fact, stopping her with force only confirms what she believes. To raise violence to violence, you breed more of it, rather then calm the waters. She is hesitant and yet Obelia moves only slightly between Ken and Elune, her arm blocking his heart but her form not in an attacking stance.

'Dreams are foolish things, yes. We believe we can reshape the world using only our hands. It is something to laugh at, yet if we cannot have dreams, if we cannot believe that we can change things, Ms. Elune, what does that leave us? A lifetime of cynical emptiness that begets no reward, no happiness. Simply waiting for death. You claim that you have died thrice now yet you still live, you still breathe. You are truly resolute in the belief that you cannot find some joy in this world? You think of your mother, you say, yet I have no father. But surely if he felt an ounce of love for me as your mother sounds to have for you, she'd have wanted you to find an ending that you could be satisfied with. A resolution. A revolution of spirit.' Obelia's words are all she has to wield, so she does her best with what she has. 'I will not kill you. I will not let you kill Ken. But you know then, how lonely you've been, how dark your life has been and Ken has just realized, in some respects, how isolated his existence is. Would you really throw away a chance to discover more? For the first time in his life, the person you hate, this person, is open to your words. The question is... are you as open to them too? Can you hear yourself?'

-Langley-

Langley's thoughts drift, her eyes half lidded. What has taken her parents from her? They aren't dead, she can't feel it. She pauses a moment, leaning against the wall of a relatively worn down house, her breathing becoming a bit erratic. What if they are dead? What if she's just deluding herself into thinking they're okay? These questions burn at the back of her head, causing her to rub her palm absently over her left breast, her heart beating harder within. Yet soon, she shakes her head, letting the question bury for a time. Now is not the time, not yet. To trouble Noel and Andy, just when Noel might find some cheer after such a torrid prank by that oaf, as well as seeing Andy come further out of that shy shell... a tiny smile draws to her lips, remembering her parents as they always are. Living for other people, rather then for themselves. She will find them, she swears inwardly. But for the moment, worry must take a backseat, to action. She turns, breaths a little more and heads towards the north, further to the coast.

-Noel-

Noel's eyes watch his a moment. She hesitates and yet, in her mind, after her sleepless rest, those images and that man's prank, all she can think of is how little she cares for worrying about her words at the moment. She absently cups his chin and tilts it a little upward and again, she glances to him with eyes that seem wordlessly confident, as if assured in herself further.

'I didn't push you, Andy, because if I'd hurt you, I wouldn't forgive myself. I listened to you, because I like you. And yes, before you stammer or meander thought wise, in that way.' She shrugs a little, even as a tiny smile curls her lips. She soon leans down and without any warning, her own mouth rests against his forehead, quiet kiss, quiet moment given. She doesn't care too much for worry at the moment. She has too much else to live for.

-Carrie and Ellandra, Together Again, For the First Time! No, I'm not a DC Writer after Crisis on Infinite Earths.-

Carrie offers a wry stare at Horatio for a time and yet, maybe it's been being around him a little too much, but her answer isn't shy, demure nor hesitant. Her cheeks do tint, oh yes, after all, he's referring to the act of bunga bunga love, yet she has just enough time to smirk instead, even as her side shoots with ocassional pained feelings and sparks of concentrated hurt.

'Feh, well, I guess remembering last night, you were kind of frisky. Though the things you're into... my my...~' She smiles a little and yet, her eyes glance to the rather hesitant looking girl, whose eyes blink a little once she's caught sight of. Carrie smiles, yet a heavy wince crosses that smile, even as she grits her teeth a little. She eventually un-'locks' her pearly whites from one another and tries to greet her. 'Hello sweetie, is there something... we can help you with? I'm Carrie and before he acts all suave, this Lothario with knives is Horatio.' Ellandra blinks a little, chuckling as if accessing a lexicon, smiling to the both of them, while confirming the words aloud.

'Lothario. Ladies Man. Charmer. Adrian. I am Ellandra. I am the healer and guide of this mission. You are wounded?' She lightly gestures to Carrie and then glances to Horatio, a rather youthful worry there as she tries to confirm with him if she is, in case she denies so. Carrie does, blinking a little and smiling a bit weakly, waves her hands as if to dismiss it.

'No worries, I'm fine, it-' She blinks again, cut off as Ellandra holds a vial of something clear, light blue, one to Carrie and one to Horatio, bowing a little bit as she hesitates, feeling she is outstaying her welcome.

'Take these two and drink whenever you are lightly wounded. It accelerates the bodies healing metabolism for a few hours, four hours and twenty two minutes to be exact. It cannot deal with wounds larger then knife wounds or broken bones, but can mend fractures, cuts, grazes and in the case of light sickness, allows for a higher response from your immune system.' She bows again, turning to leave as Carrie half stares, half gawps at the sudden, educated explanation on the vial. Horatio, Ellandra doesn't mention, was given one as she believes her and him to be 'connected' in that way and trusts him to look after her as she will for him.

-Zwool-

So, now what? This thought resonates in Zwool's head for a little while. He glances to the guantlet. Glowing and ebbing at the center, this odd regulator, controller. What happens if it activates something in him? What happens if he hurts someone? Two options are left to him. Run, run and never look back. He's almost eady too, to turn and escape and never to return. But something stops him. A deeper logic. A deeper care. However far he runs, if this activates, he will never truly escape this fate. And he could kill anyone. Not just... Ellandra. He remembers her. How sweet he was. Is. She isn't dead yet. She doesn't have to die yet. The other options throbs at the forefront of his mind. He glances down and gulps a little.<br>He's going to have to remove the gauntlet.

Edited by NagafenOfIlivikitty

Ken

She was again trying to provoke him, but she wouldn't succeed this time.

"In the same way, you can't heal someone whose life has been so... warped since she was a child. You'll just make everything worse~"

"Things may get worse, there's no denying it. However, things can get better after they get worse." Ken started, but she had already begun to leave - intent on reclaiming her weapons. It was unlucky that she would appreciate his words, however, not doing anything was worse than any action he could have taken.

"I cannot force you to stay, miss, or change your feelings. I only ask that you don't push yourself too hard, your wound was very deep and there was only so much I could heal it given the circumstances."

With her lack of cooperation, it had been difficult to heal even her to that extent. If she were to open the wound in combat, it could prove fatal. Obelia had also words to put forward. Ken was confident that her words would prove insightful for their assassin.

'I will not kill you. I will not let you kill Ken. But you know then, how lonely you've been, how dark your life has been and Ken has just realized, in some respects, how isolated his existence is. Would you really throw away a chance to discover more? For the first time in his life, the person you hate, this person, is open to your words. The question is... are you as open to them too? Can you hear yourself?'

"Thank you, Obelia. Miss, perhaps if we meet again, you can tell me of your troubles. Until then, I shall do all I can to combat the injustice within Lushira. Please, look after yourself... remember, you still have the rest of your life ahead of you..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, the evil guys who don't like Ken are closer than they think!

A bunch of rather suspicious men were waiting outside of the inn, with their accomplice spying through the window of another building. Their target had been rather fortunate, there hadn't been a good opening since he departed the previous town.

"Well well, it seems that he can invite you into his room, and look after you... and you still can't kill him. His guardian must be very powerful... or, he's not as clueless as we once thought."

"Yes, however, he has a child on-board now. Not even he could defend himself and a child... hehehe..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oshea and his rather disloyal mooks

It had been a long day, but Oshea couldn't sleep. He lay out on his bed, watching the moths fly around the candle lighting the room. That girl from before was still bothering him, he still couldn't believe how her men had showed him up. There was a girl, a girl he didn't like. She was beautiful, her voice so sweet, but her words so harsh... and what they said about Culpa... he didn't even know why he cared about the old man.

"Young Oshea, you've fallen behind in your studies, have you been chasing skirts again?"

"What if I have been? I'll catch up, it's impossible to sit still with so many beauties gracing me with their presence..."

"Boy, that's why the other knights don't like you, they think you're a lustrous failure..."

"So what? They're all just jealous of me! None of them are as handsome as me!"

"Oshea, you'll one day see that it's not all about who's the flashiest or most dashing... there's more to being a knight..."

"I know, I know, honour, justice, integrity... I'll do it..."

"At a boy. My wife passed away before she could give me a child, but you... I think of you as a son..."

"Whatever, old man..."

What was the old fart thinking? Oshea already had a family... admittedly, they didn't like him very much but Culpa was never more than a teacher. A mentor, not a friend... or family. A knock at the door broke his train of thought, returning him to the real world. The door was locked, he had asked specifically not to be disturbed. He called to the door-knocker, annoyed at their presence.

"Who is it! I am not in the mood for visitors, explain yourself."

--------------------------------------

His mooks on the other hand were happily scheming, they would strike at midnight... which was only in a couple of hours...

Edited by Folgore Red

Elune

'I will not kill you. I will not let you kill Ken. But you know then, how lonely you've been, how dark your life has been and Ken has just realized, in some respects, how isolated his existence is. Would you really throw away a chance to discover more? For the first time in his life, the person you hate, this person, is open to your words. The question is... are you as open to them too? Can you hear yourself?'

Damn it, damn it, just stop... thinking about this... She stopped at the door to compose herself before walking in, swiftly picking out her knives, crossbow and arrows. As she walked back out into the corridor, however, something in her... broke. She stopped against the same wall, before drawing a knife and driving it into the wooden table below, screaming in anguish, and trembling. She fell on her knees, still gripping the dagger tightly.

"You think I-I haven't heard myself enough? F-For years, I... heard myself crying every night... C-Crying myself to sleep, thinking w-what the hell I-I did to deserve any of that crap. I used to wonder i-if life... life for me was even w-worth living..."

"I can't listen to myself anymore. E-Everytime... those fucking memories keep... coming... back..."

Sophia

Aaaaah... Lyss, stop crying!

Alyssa was lying on the bed, sniffling. Sophia wasn't sure why - Alyssa was fed, her diaper was clean, and she hadn't injured herself or anything.

"A-Alright, dear, Mama's gonna take you out f-for a walk, alright?" She carried her baby in her arms, stepping out of her room, hurriedly walking away from the corridor where Obelia, Ken and Elune were.

The sun was blazing hot, the heat bearing down on Sophia as she stepped out of the inn with her daughter, gently patting her back as she walked. She paid no heed to her surroundings, including the group of men outside the inn watching her as she left the inn.

Julia

"Who is it! I am not in the mood for visitors, explain yourself."

Someone seems rather angry today. "Would you really turn down a visit from me, Mr. Oshea?"

She folded her arms as she waited for his reply, sighing.