Could someone explain to me....

Bartre could take a bow and shoot stuff (though I've never used him so can't really say accurately) like things that fly in everything and counter nomads in Sacae, and Garret can take an axe in 21 and stand on a mountain to tank some Dragonknights.

Bartes 14 base def and Gonzo/Fir/Zeiss supports can let him tank I guess..

The only problem I see is that Barte brings Elphin.....

Barte is decent I guess, But Garret is risky to get.

Fielding LOLINA , a very squishy unit.

Elphin and Lalum are like the same unit. What little speed Lalum has over him means nothing when neither are ever hitting 20 anyway and both are squishy as fuck. There is no issue with Elphin. Hell, I prefer him as a character, I just put up with Lalum because I love Echidna so much.

Not really. It's called having mounted units, and rescue drop. I fielded base Lilina on that chapter, got him with no trouble at all.

Negligible. You're doing it wrong if your refreshers get hit.

I dislike Gonzo's hitrates (he doesn't even hit Echidna's base skill at 20/20 and while Echidna's one of the more accurate axers she hovers around 60-70 hit on average depending on the axe and anything lower than that is not what I consider passable), not to mention he's not attractive enough, and Geese's stats are just not competitive enough on HM to be worth anything.

So Echidna forever~

Negligible. You're doing it wrong if your refreshers get hit.

I dislike Gonzo's hitrates (he doesn't even hit Echidna's base skill at 20/20 and while Echidna's one of the more accurate axers she hovers around 60-70 hit on average depending on the axe and anything lower than that is not what I consider passable), not to mention he's not attractive enough, and Geese's stats are just not competitive enough on HM to be worth anything.

So Echidna forever~

use some of the Secret books,he has huge caps

use some of the Secret books,he has huge caps

A 24 skill cap is hardly what I'd call "huge" And that's ignoring the fact that he won't even get anywhere close to capping. And not unlike me, Lumi hates Gonzales for being ugly and unreliable as all hell. Besides, I'd say the secret books' effect on Gonzales's deplorable hit is practically negligible.

Edited by Metal King Slime

In as much as I like GOnzo and Hawkeye,

I agree with this.

I actually hate Echidna(in both game play and looks)

and I think Gonzoles has his own look related advantages.

Secret Books are better off sold to get Miledy more boots.

There's like, what, 2 secret books? That's 4 hit. That's terrible. His caps mean nothing if he doesn't even come close to hitting it, and even if you bought Secret Books (don't know why you would) they'd be in C21. With the boots. And I'd rather have my super awesome extra invincible flying tank move even further than boost some guy's hit rates that someone else can easily do better.

Plus, Gonzales takes a Crest. First two crest practically belongs to Dieck and Rutger (especially Rutger) , and the third doesn't show up until 16. Echidna doesn't need a crest, hits more reliably, and if I liked women she'd be on the hottest list.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It's actually 8 hit (2 skill per book).

And personally, I'd take Bartre or Garrett over Geese any day, but maybe that's just me.

Edited by Gustave

Derp. Thanks.

Mang. Gonzo needs to be 20/20 on NM(A) and 20/6 on HM(A) or 20/10 on HM(B) with both secret books to even match Echidna's base skill. That's...deplorable. I don't particularly like dealing with hitrates below 60. Ever. 60's already pushing it.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Derp. Thanks.

Mang. Gonzo needs to be 20/20 on NM(A) and 20/6 on HM(A) or 20/10 on HM(B) with both secret books to even match Echidna's base skill. That's...deplorable. I don't particularly like dealing with hitrates below 60. Ever. 60's already pushing it.

It's not even a problem with Gonzo. I mean, promote the dude at 10/1 and you get 13 skill, which is passable for that time. It's just hit on axes is so drastically terrible in FE6, and the two-rolls system makes every point of hit in the 50-70 range worth so much more than just the 2% you'd expect it to be worth. It makes units overloaded with skill really awesome, kinda a perfect scenario for Echidna, and a completely terrible one for Gonz.

It is Gonzo's issue for having terrible skill in a game where hitrates are lower and rather unforgiving. Granted, he'd be amazing in 7 and 8 (Sethless or limited Seth only), but as is, he's shaky and unreliable.

It's not even a problem with Gonzo. I mean, promote the dude at 10/1 and you get 13 skill, which is passable for that time. It's just hit on axes is so drastically terrible in FE6, and the two-rolls system makes every point of hit in the 50-70 range worth so much more than just the 2% you'd expect it to be worth. It makes units overloaded with skill really awesome, kinda a perfect scenario for Echidna, and a completely terrible one for Gonz.

To assume Gonzales would even be a contender for either of the early Hero Crests is folly.

It is Gonzo's issue for having terrible skill in a game where hitrates are lower and rather unforgiving. Granted, he'd be amazing in 7 and 8 (Sethless or limited Seth only), but as is, he's shaky and unreliable.

I agree. It doesn't help that he's lower priority than at least two other units for promotion (else, he's taking a Hero Crest from Rutger or Dieck, and that's a flat-out losing battle for Gonzales).

Edited by Metal King Slime

• 2 weeks later...

oh look its th-...actully no this isn't another topic about dissing gonzales...

infact, the other topic wasn't about dissing him either...if he's not the main discussion of the topics then why did both of these topics link back to him?

...we might as well make a entire gonzales discussion topic instead of clogging up unrelated posts in other topics.

is this considered mini modding? i know that i got warned for that once so i hope this doesn't count as thats not what i'm trying to do.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai