the best and worst charcters of fe 7 and sacred stones

xblade

Like:

Pirate-Serker Ross

Knight-General Amelia

Shaman-Druid Ewan

Yes I like recruits despite what a horrible PITA they can be. Ross is easy enough but Amelia and Ewan need a lot of babying. As far as Amelia goes, I like generals but hate knights so she doesn't see much use outside of CC.

No particular order to my favs...

Hector

FE7 peg knight trio

Dart

Raven

Lucius

Priscilla

L'arachel

Neimi

Ephraim

Hates (no particular order here either)

Innes

Marcus(!)

Syrene

Wallace

Rennac

Isadora (dat con is pretty much the only reason)

Karla

Nino

Renault :/

I guess my list flies in the face of most players, and also doesn't include FE6. I am more of a casual player and make things arbitrarily challenging I guess.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE7:

Objectively good: Marcus, Pent, Lucius, Jaffar, Harken (i guess. I never used him), Kent, Sain, Fiora, Farina, Florina, Hector, Oswin, Priscilla, Raven.

Guys i like the most: Florina, Farina, Fiora, Rath, Lowen, Erk, Bartre, Nino, Matthew, Serra, Priscilla, Ninian/Nils, Isadora.

Guys i dont give two shits about/forget they exist: Harken, Karel, Louise, Legault, Canas (i use him sometimes but yeah im not all Canas love), Dorcas, Geitz, Dart (he sees use but not much), Heath (see Dart), Renault, Hawkeye.

Guys i despise: Karla, Lyn, Vaida, Wil, Rebecca, Wallace, Guy.

(Eliwood is not on there because i dont hate him, but dont really love him, but i do give shits about.)

FE8:

Objectively good: Seth (lol), Saleh, Franz, Joshua, Ephraim, Gerik, Cormag, Duessel.

Guys i like the most: Vanessa, Tana, Lute, Colm, L'Arachel, Joshua, Gerik, Moulder, Artur, Amelia, Natasha, Eirika, Forde, Myrrh, Tethys, Saleh.

Guys i dont give two shits about/forget they exist: Neimi, Ross (both see use but not much these days), Duessel, Syrene, Gilliam, Kyle, Marisa.

Guys i despise: Dozla, Garcia, INNES! Ewan, Knoll, Rennac.

:)

FE6

Bros and Broettes

Geese - Sick of nobles, become a pirate!

Wolt - I swear he has a thing for Roy, his devotion and terrible stats are amazing!

Shin - Coolest guy in the game

Saul - Best lines ever!

Miledy - Smash everything!

Alan - Talk some sense into that Lance!

Marcus - He's like 80 and he's still great

Not groovy

Roy - learn to not skill and luck

Chad - replaced by Astol

Wendy - makes Ardan look cool!

FE7

Bros and Broettes

Sain - Charming!

Bartre - Yum yum, books!

Fiora - A peg with some con?

Kent - Sain's wingman

Rath - Amazing archer number 1

Pent - Warpalicious

Not groovy

Nino - Try coming earlier next time

Guy - Swords too heavy

Wil - Learn to stats

FE8

Bros and Broettes

Orson - Best character in game, so manly

L'Arachel - For justice!

Dozla - Crash

Forde - Snargleblarg

Not groovy

Ephraim - Jerkface

Valter - So comically evil

Syrene - Try surviving as an NPC

Amelia - Waste of my time!

Ewan - Try doing more than 4 damage

Ross - Not as manly as Garcia

Edited by Folgore Red

Hmm ... somehow, while I wasn't paying attention, the "best and worst characters" thread turned into "your favorite and least favorite characters" thread. :P

FE7

Favorites: Rath, Guy, Heath, Kent, Fiora

Dislikes: Lyn, Farina, Hector, Raven

Note that I choose my favorite and least favorite characters by personality. For example, all but Lyn of my disliked characters usually come out as solid units and my most recent Lyn got blessed in pretty much everything after promotion. But personality > gameplay performance for me in deciding likes and dislikes. Everyone not listed is just okay.

FE8

Favorites: Lute, L'Arachel, Saleh

Dislikes: Tana, Neimi

Again, everyone else is merely okay, although some (Innes, Joshua, Natasha, Artur) I like more than others (Ephraim, Amelia).

FE6 best: Alan, Lance, Dieck, Rutger, Clarine, Thany, Tate, Miledy, Percival, Lalum

FE6 worst: Roy, Wolt, Bors, Wendy, Barth, Lilina, Cath, Yuuno

Who I like the most: Tate (She's awesome, 'nuff said.)

Who I like the least: Bors (Never really liked his character much, to be honest. His performance as a unit just makes things worse.)

FE7 best: Kent, Sain, Florina, Fiora, Priscilla (smile.gif), Heath, Harken, Pent, Marcus,

FE7 worst: Wil (sad.gif), Nino, Bartre, Wallace, Karla

Who I like the most: Priscilla (No shit.)

Who I like the least: Lyn (I'm not a fan of her at all, gameplay and personality wise.)

FE8 best: Seth, Franz, Vanessa, Kyle, Forde, Saleh, Duessel, Cormag

FE8 worst: Amelia, Ewan, Knoll, Marisa

Who I like the most: L'Arachel (She's not the best nor the worst in the game, but she's freaking awesome personality wise. Plus, she's a troubadour!)

Who I like the least: Amelia (...)

EDIT: By the way, I can't read. :P I'm still keeping the FE6 characters up.

Edited by Folgore Orange

Marcus is the best character of the GBA games. I don't really mean gameplay strength, he's just awesome, both of him.

Then, basically every FE7 prepromote, Hector's associates (Oswin, Matthew, Serra). Wallace counts as a prepromote. Canas and Bartre can come too. Leave out Karel and Karla, possibly drop Jaffar. Pretend Fargus can be recruited.

FE6, Dieck, Gonzalez, Echidna. Old Hector (not young Hector), maybe Zealot. Old Eliwood too. Hack together an old Lyn.

Rescue Valter, Calleach from FE8 and pretend FE8 never happened, bring along Garcia, Dozla and Duessel.

Finish the job by recruiting any palette swapped bosses (for example, the FE7 miniboss mounted guys in Dragons Gate and the mission where you save Zephiel).

Prevent the plot of King Desmond on Zephiel's life, than successfully carry out the assassination on Zephiel.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

I HATE USING PREPROMOTES LIKE SETH, MARCUS, INNES etc. etc. because they steal exp, which I prefer to give to other characters, but most especially the trainee, who I like. Rennac is awful, Clom actually was a decent fighter, moulder= terrible. Gerik is my game's God, not Seth. Gerik capped 4 stats, excluding his HP. HE WAS AMAZING, not RPG screwed (Unlike Moulder)

(Note, I've only played Fe8, but looking at buying Fe7.)

Edited by GoldenEmblem7

<br />I HATE USING PREPROMOTES LIKE SETH, MARCUS, INNES etc. etc. because they steal exp, which I prefer to give to other characters, but most especially the trainee, who I like. Rennac is awful, Clom actually was a decent fighter, moulder= terrible. Gerik is my game's God, not Seth. Gerik capped 4 stats, excluding his HP. HE WAS AMAZING, not RPG screwed (Unlike Moulder)<br /><br />(Note, I've only played Fe8, but looking at buying Fe7.)<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Except for the fact that Seth solos fe8.

From the start.

at half speed.

Moulder is epic, don't diss DA BOULDAH!

Except the thread isn't completely about who you like to use. For all I cares somebody could like all those crappy characters to give him or herself an extra challenge, but doesn't make those characters best. And no need to yell in all caps like a little child just because most of the thread has different standards of "best characters" than you. You can express your opinions in a more calm and mature manner.

For example, my "bests" are those who take minimal effort for great returns (Seth) and "worsts" are those who take way too much effort for something that's just not worth it (Wendy), but others might go for shiny green numbers, or ranks, or efficiency.

-Wow, I just realized I never contributed to the original meaning of the thread. LET'S DO THAT NOW~

So, I'll do Best, Units I always use, and Worst. Cool? Cool.

FE7's Best:

-Marcus

-Sain

-Hector

-Pent

-Priscilla

-Raven

-Harken

-Lucius

-Oswin

My FE7 Favorites:

-Nino

-Priscilla

FE7's Worst:

-Wil

-Rebecca

-Wallace

-Karla

FE8's Best:

-Seth

-Ephraim

-Duessel

-Cormag

-Franz

-Vanessa

My FE8 Favorites:

-Vanessa

-Lute

-Natasha

FE8's Worst:

-Amelia

-Ewan

-Marisa

• 2 months later...

In FE7, Bartre, Canas, Raven and Lucius almost always end up fine for me. Nino's also good, though you'll have to frantically scrounge up as much XP to make her combat-worthy by the final chapter. Unless I'm going for a specific support convo, I just usually go with my usual teams and everything turns out fine. I mean, unless the RNG screws you up, you should end up with pretty decent characters.

In FE8, it really doesn't matter because you can pretty much gain on the game's RNG using all the available tools, such that even characters with horrible stat growth can become maxed-out combat demigods. However, I always do recommend promoting as many Bishops as you can (all 3 of them plus Riev in the CC) because of how they can sweep through monsters easily, even before you max out their stats.

fe7-

Best-

Marcus.

Best Non Marcus-

Florina, Sain, Kent, Lowen or Erk/Oswin

Worst-

Nino, Wil, Renault, Becca, Serra

fe8-

BEst-Seth, Seth Jr.(Franz)

Best Non Seth-

Nessie, Garcia, Tana, Cormag, Artur/Lute(Warrrrp),

Worst-

Shaman!Ewan, Knight!Amelia, General!Gilliam, COmbat!Rennac

FE7, raven + lucius with A support murders EVERYTHING, heath, hector, that one guy with the plains and the HORSE and the bows yea, canas

florina is okay. i'm like eh with paladins they're well-rounded but... just well-rounded

FE8 lute, ephraim, innes, seth... i think that was kind of... my whole team...

OH AND EMIL He is great

Edited by Shroom

Sain has always been my best unit in FE7. I've never beaten the game, but I've started files several times, and he always comes out on top. He's my lead unit for this reason.

As for FE8, Franz all the way. Seth is amazing too, but prepromotes just never quite match up once the unpromoted guys catch up. At least in my experience. Franz is my lead unit in FE8 along with Ephraim. I made Franz a Great Knight, though. Not sure if he would've been better as a Paladin.

Worst units? I'm not really sure, to be honest...

Edited by Anacybele

Seth is amazing too, but prepromotes just never quite match up once the unpromoted guys catch up.
And even when non-promoted units do catch up, (and someone correct me if I'm mistaken here) in the first five FEs, as well as FEs 7-10, it's generally only a few points here and there. Which are reduced to negligibility in FEs 1-3 and 5 due to having caps of 20 in nearly every stat. Sure, there are noticeable statistical differences, such as Harken vs. Raven being basically Def vs. HP + Spd. But it's never enough to warrant something like say a higher rating if the stats themselves are looked at in a vaccum. Other cases, such as Erk vs. Pent are barely noticeable at all. Stats only tell you how strong a unit is when they join and stat increases add to that strength. But they alone aren't enough to determine how good a unit is overall.

And in many cases in FE, even FEs 6 and 11, if a prepromote joins early enough, and is strong enough when he or she joins, he or she can keep whatever leads they have over nonpromoted units at least well into midgame. Which can give them comfortably higher ratings than characters like their non-promoted counterparts. And if their growths or bases are high enough, they might find use for something outside of midgame.

Seth's averages actually do well competitively against the unpromoted cavs even if you're talking about 20/20 stats, other than his HP.

He has like

the 4th highest growth totals in the game IIRC.

And 20/20 averages matters only at late game if at all. In case of short games like SS, unless you spend unnecessary time grinding and tower/arena abusing, 20/20 characters are just implausible and impractical since the game's really short and it's pretty easy even on hard mode.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

• 4 weeks later...

Bearing in mind that I completely ignore efficiency, turncounts, etc. and rate my characters exclusively on how good they are at killing the enemy - or how good they are at healing and not dying, in the case of healers - (assuming that nobody promotes until LV20)... this is also based on my personal experiences, so my ratings may not be typical.

Double attacks, generally high accuracy, offensive power, and defense/evasion are the deciding factors.

FE7:

Best units: Hector, Lyn, Farina, Raven (almost to the point of being nearly invincible once he's a Hero), Canas, Florina, and Nino. I will admit that it's a pain to level her up, but if you take care of Nino, then Nino will be more than happy to take care of you. By means of making enemies explode.

Worst units: I guess Serra is the worst unit overall, since my Priscillas tend to be better dodgers AND better healers.

FE8:

Best units: Amelia as a General or Super Recruit, Ross as a Berserker, Tana as a Wyvern Rider (she's the only one who seems to regularly activate Pierce for me), and Kyle as a Great Knight. It's a rare thing that won't die from two hits with a Steel Axe. The Bishops would also count, except that even I have standards and find their skill to be rather cheap in the CC and final chapters.

Worst: Knoll, Knoll, Knoll. It's his crappy luck and defense. Syrene and Vanessa are also not very good, but they're more mediocre than outright bad. Oh, and also Rennac. There is literally no excuse for using him that I am aware of.

Seth's averages actually do well competitively against the unpromoted cavs even if you're talking about 20/20 stats, other than his HP.

He has like

the 4th highest growth totals in the game IIRC.

And 20/20 averages matters only at late game if at all. In case of short games like SS, unless you spend unnecessary time grinding and tower/arena abusing, 20/20 characters are just implausible and impractical since the game's really short and it's pretty easy even on hard mode.

And even if you ARE doing the Creature Campaign, Seth's averages are (considering the slow speed of SS enemies) about the same as or even slightly better than Amelia's.

guess Serra is the worst unit overall

Yeah.

No.

Serra is useful as all get out! Im biased because i do love her supports and she just...lol. I just really love Serra. Her actual performance as a unit is pretty good though. Healers rule anyway, and Serra isnt bad as a Bishop. Shes not Lucius awesome, but does well enough. Her only real problem is when the RNG gimps her magic growth real hard which happens. Her defense isnt much to smile about either, but high balls speed growth and luck growth help her a lot. Plus her support bonuses are pretty nice.

Seth feels almost like a reverse Jeigan or something. Jeiganing it up for a while but can still whomp all the ass ever at endgame.

Yeah.

No.

Serra is useful as all get out! Im biased because i do love her supports and she just...lol. I just really love Serra. Her actual performance as a unit is pretty good though. Healers rule anyway, and Serra isnt bad as a Bishop. Shes not Lucius awesome, but does well enough. Her only real problem is when the RNG gimps her magic growth real hard which happens. Her defense isnt much to smile about either, but high balls speed growth and luck growth help her a lot. Plus her support bonuses are pretty nice.

Seth feels almost like a reverse Jeigan or something. Jeiganing it up for a while but can still whomp all the ass ever at endgame.

Allow me to rephrase that, then. Serra is not bad, but I find that she's frequently overshadowed by Priscilla and Lucius, since she often ends up MAG screwed.

Seth is possibly the ultimate Oifaye clone.

Serra and Priscilla don't need high Magic to do what they have to do - use staves. Of course the more Magic the merrier, but even after promotion they won't need high Magic, as they shouldn't be doing a lot of combat. Priscilla is better than Serra mostly because of her horse.

I also totally disagree with the distinction people make between "Jeigans" and "Oifayes". Oifaye isn't even that good because FE4 2nd Gen is so easy and everyone catches up to him really quickly, not to mention all "Jeigans" can be useful for a long time. Seth is just in a league of his own. The distinction should be between "Jeigans" and "Seths", the latter being Jeigans who can trivialize the game from Prologue to Endgame (so far, Seth is the only Seth gee_wiz_emoticon.gif maybe Titania as I don't know FE9/10 that well).