the best and worst charcters of fe 7 and sacred stones

xblade

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Sacred Stones, Seth kept his effectiveness all of the game, though as time went on, it began to slip somewhat. Saleh, Joshua, Cormag, and Gerik are also rather effective. And I don't understand all this Marisa hate. Have you tried making her an assassin?

Worsts? Vanessa sucked a lot. Gilliam? He was kind of effective as a General, but then I found he started lagging behind, so I figured, why bother?

I don't know Rekka no Ken too well, but Marcus wasn't that great as time went on. Sure I still used him, but I had other units more effective than him. Pent, Louise, Vaida, Hawkeye, Jaffar. I actually still haven't beaten Rekka no Ken because due to the improper training of my units, I've discovered that it's mathematically impossible for me to defeat him.

In Sacred Stones, Seth kept his effectiveness all of the game, though as time went on, it began to slip somewhat. Saleh, Joshua, Cormag, and Gerik are also rather effective. And I don't understand all this Marisa hate. Have you tried making her an assassin?

Marisa joins late and has horrible strength.

I was already beaten to it, but in a nutshell, Marisa is an inferior Joshua who joins 5 or 7 chapters later, depending on route. Also, I don't use assassins in FE8 - I think the other class options are more appealing.

Assuming I'm allowed to state my favourites and least favourites as opposed to who are actually, technically, statistically the best and worst, I'd choose:

FE7: Lyn best (and also Matthew and Jaffar and Erk and maybe Guy), Marcus worst. (Only because I don't like using crutch characters. Not for experience reasons; it just feels cheap. Also, Paladin is my least favourite class.) I'd say Wallace isn't too great if you go through Lyn's easy mode because he promotes really early, wanders off for a while and by the time he reappears he's probably outclassed.

FE8: JOSHUA :Joshua: best (followed by Amelia and Lute), Orson worst (because this one is both a crutch character AND the ultimate exp + item stealer. Damn you, Orson, you crazy, corpse-screwing, traitorous Paladin).

Amelia is awful if you're playing for turns, but I don't do that, and I actually find it fun training units in the Tower of Valni and Skirmishes. By Endgame she's a monster - at least as a Super Recruit. I've found her strength as a Paladin very lacking and Generals and Great Knights are too slow and/or immobile for my liking (though she was actually pretty good when I made her a Great Knight). All my other favourites are undeniably awesome.

From my experience, FE 7's best are Lucius (whom is a serious BEAST), Florina, Hector, Lyn, Kent, Louise, and Pent (even though I HATE using prepromotes most of the time...) LOL I bet nobody agrees with me about that... Erk always seems to be lacking whenever Pent joins up, and believe me I use him a LOT.

Worst, probably Marcus, again I just don't like using prepromotes... I tend to avoid using Nino, b/c Pent and Erk are pretty sufficient by the time she joins up... as much as I love pegasus knights/wyvern riders, Fiora was never a good choice for me....

FE 8, Seth is awesome (just about the only prepromote I use in FE8), Eirika and Ephraim always do pretty good for me...! :) Tana makes a pretty good falcoknight, and I loooove Joshua... pretty much invincible every time! I reckon Natasha does good as a bishop, I have her get an A support with Seth :) Lute is my main magic unit, and Artur sometimes turns out to be as good as Lucius in FE7, but he is pretty hard to beat...

Let's not even talk about Rennac T.T

Edited by PrincessPegasi