Rate the Unit, Day 18: Wil

Integrity

There's not a lot Rebecca doubles that Wil does not (FE7 enemy AS is balls, remember?),

This is false. Everyone likes to make sweeping general statements about FE7 without actually knowing what they really mean.

Enemy AS in FE7 is not terrible until they start wielding steel weapons in midgame. This doesn't actually happen until chapter 23. Before then, they are actually respectably fast - cavaliers in chapter 20, for example, have 7-8 AS (and they have around that much pretty consistently before chapter 20 as well).

You need 12 AS to reliably double cavaliers. Wil does not reach 12 spd on average until 20/0 or until 15/1. Meanwhile, Rebecca reaches 12 spd at 11/0 on average. Her reaching 11/0 by chapter 20 in the first place is already a stretch in reasonably efficient play, so it's really impossible for Wil to get there. But fine, let's say that Wil can reach 15/1 by chapter 20; Rebecca will have reached 11/0 much earlier, and therefore has contributed more than Wil has.

Only units that are really bad in this game have trouble doubling enemies. Wil has trouble doubling enemies.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking to the same chick who promoted Colm at level 20 before Tana was ready to promote in a draft.

Good point.

I'm going to :facepalm: myself in my sleep due to my auction draft teams.

But seriously, in an fe7 draft, the only way I'm ever willingly picking Wil, is if it's between Wil and Karel.

Hell, I'd rather fall in love with Vaida than use this thing efficiently.

I mean, in fe7 of all things-he has trouble doubling.

Louise/ Geitz for best bow user pls

This is false. Everyone likes to make sweeping general statements about FE7 without actually knowing what they really mean.

Enemy AS in FE7 is not terrible until they start wielding steel weapons in midgame. This doesn't actually happen until chapter 23. Before then, they are actually respectably fast - cavaliers in chapter 20, for example, have 7-8 AS (and they have around that much pretty consistently before chapter 20 as well).

You need 12 AS to reliably double cavaliers. Wil does not reach 12 spd on average until 20/0 or until 15/1. Meanwhile, Rebecca reaches 12 spd at 11/0 on average. Her reaching 11/0 by chapter 20 in the first place is already a stretch in reasonably efficient play, so it's really impossible for Wil to get there. But fine, let's say that Wil can reach 15/1 by chapter 20; Rebecca will have reached 11/0 much earlier, and therefore has contributed more than Wil has.

Only units that are really bad in this game have trouble doubling enemies. Wil has trouble doubling enemies.

indeed, using steel weapons is a stupid idea unless you are trying to kill an insanely overpowered wyvernlord with insane defense equipped with a javelin/spear who will kill you if you miss and the steel bow is the only thing that can OHKO him.

1. Wil getting 5/-- or 6/-- is not hard in S rank LHM. His offense is also decent in LHM (even at base), given his competition and the terribly weak enemies.

2. Wil gets free experience because pegasi CHARGE him right away in C16. Free bags of experience.

3. Like 80-90% of C17 is archers/nomads/etc...can you say EP?

4. C18 has TONS of low AS pegasi and low DEF magic units. HINT HINT

5. C19 has pegasi reinforcements.

6. Wil gets the Brave Bow to double artificially by C20H, if he isn't doubling naturally by then. And STR that will match Geitz's (well, almost match, with Geitz's HM bonus) post-promo.

1. Wil at 5/- or 6/- is mediocre, at best. And while you CAN give him that exp, there's not enough exp in LHM by itself to get Lyn, Kent, Florina, and Sain to a point that I would rather level Wil than any of them.

2.There are 2 pegasi in C16 that Wil gets a good shot at killing, and that's about it there. While it's nice simply because no one else can do it, this isn't some major contribution. It's 2 enemies.

3.C17 is a Marcus/cavalier stomp. Wil isn't keeping up, so outside of Turn 1 EP and Turn 2 PP, I don't see a ton of uses for him. He definitely isn't getting ferried.

4.I don't think I'd find Wil useful on C18, considering he's probably rocking a beastly 1 or 2 res and low 20s on HP. That said, maybe he's not horrible here. Maybe.

5. That just about any one can deal with.

6. Are you suggesting Wil is anywhere near 20/3(When he reaches Geitz' base STR) by Chapter 24?

You don't get a ton of EXP (or usefulness in general) by being a low move unit who does moderate chip, is frail, doesn't ORKO unless fed undeserved kills, and cannot counter in a game with high move units with durability who can counter at 1-2 range and ORKO a ton of enemies that way. You just don't. I'm a big archer fan, but FE7 is like, the worst game ever to be one. There's no bright spot for Wil, he's a lot of work for mediocre payoff at best.

lolunit, hence I have nothing else to say...

At least I was generous to give him at least a decimal; but what the hell... I am cruel to sucky units... Very cruel!

0.5/10

*uses Gespenst on Wil*

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

Wil does allow you to weaken the incoming pegasus knights on his forced chapter with a steel bow at base and will OHKO with a couple more points in strength from Lyn mode.

That should be at least a 1/10 for doing something.

Edited by -Valkyrie-

I'll rate Wil... 4/10. Only because I rated Rebcca a 3.75, and I cosider him slightly better than her due to better bases and LHM.

EDIT: KoT, Bartre is undoubtedly better than Wil. He has Str and growths that actually help him out towards future use. He'll be slow, but he has a con and str growth that can get him to OHKO'ing stuff alright. Oh yeah, and he makes use of his str more with bows. He has 1-2 range. And he recruits Karla, just for kicks.

Edited by Marth

i didn't read any of this but it's three pages long which means KoT tried to make Wil sound good

0.5/10, because he defends that wall in Lyn mode like a boss

and holy crap integ started this today, someone else start it tomorrow

Edited by General Horace

Now if Wil were any class BUT a friggin archer, I'd give him a 4/10.

6/10 if he were a mounted unit with 1-2 range.

But all we get here is Sain as an archer with -10 str. Growth.

Poop leaks out of his skull and turns his hair brown.

And his eyes too.