Foot soldiers vs. Mounted knights

Galenforcer

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. There's no need to flame me just because you don't like my reasons. AT ALL.

Sigh. So you think you have the right to insult other people's playstyles and they don't have the right to respond to you in any way whatsoever? Neat. How about this? You don't insult others, they don't insult you. It'll be great.

Note, I am not saying that they have the right to insult you. I am however saying this: YOU STARTED IT!

This was a post you made afterwords:

Seriously, he really didn't need to bring anything up about it, it just seemed like a random attempt to start a shitstorm.

I am saying that YOU are the one that made the random attempt. You may not think so, but that's the case. If you'd try to be less provocative, as another person pointed out, maybe this wouldn't happen? Ever consider that? If you'd just not used the word crap and said that you are disdainful because of how much LTC pushes them, that'd be different. You'd just be stating your reasons, like you claim. But no, you had to go and insult the thing at the same time you gave a reason. I ask you why? Why do you insist on insulting something and then play the victim when others insult you?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Well, for one thing, it's actually relevant to the discussion because I do find LTC play to be generally irritating while Furret's post was not relevant to the discussion as it's just a random personal attack and secondly if it's because of my choice of words like you're saying, then that seems awfully nitpicky to me.

Well, for one thing, it's actually relevant to the discussion because I do find LTC play to be generally irritating while Furret's post was not relevant to the discussion as it's just a random personal attack and secondly if it's because of my choice of words like you're saying, then that seems awfully nitpicky to me.

So you mean to say that it is nitpicky to be offended by having LTC-play called "crap"? Fascinating.

Try fe4 with no mounted units.

That'd be pretty damn hard imo.

Intelligence system has never been very good at managing mounted units theyre overpowered in like half the games in the series. The only game I've noticed with some type of balance was fe5 the way dismounting work. Even on certain outdoor maps ground troops had the advantage .

Intelligence system has never been very good at managing mounted units theyre overpowered in like half the games in the series. The only game I've noticed with some type of balance was fe5 the way dismounting work. Even on certain outdoor maps ground troops had the advantage .

There's a huge problem here--you as a player is the one believing the mounts to have a need to be balanced. For what IS intended, there could be nothing wrong with the mounts, working perfectly fine.

It's you who finds the fallacy. And then you need to recognize if you're having legitimate concerns over how the mounts work, or if you're just circle-jerking a game you're really really into 'cause you want to look at it in a much different way than intended?

If people started saying "playing like idiot casuals", I'm sure you'd take offense. Choice of words is important, since, y'know, words are the only form of communication on this forum. It's not nitpicking to think you're being insulting when you use a term that is only ever used to insult.

Pretty sure that balance isn't high on IS' list of priorities.

And it's very sad, FE would only benefit from more balance.

If people started saying "playing like idiot casuals", I'm sure you'd take offense. Choice of words is important, since, y'know, words are the only form of communication on this forum. It's not nitpicking to think you're being insulting when you use a term that is only ever used to insult.

Word choice should never be viewed as important because it can only lead to being a pedantic ass about semantics.

There's a huge problem here--you as a player is the one believing the mounts to have a need to be balanced. For what IS intended, there could be nothing wrong with the mounts, working perfectly fine.

It's you who finds the fallacy. And then you need to recognize if you're having legitimate concerns over how

the mounts work, or if you're just circle-jerking a game you're really really into 'cause you want to look at it in a much different way than intended?

When did I ever say that I didn't like over powered mounted units I like overpowered units in generally. I was just poiniting out that they seemed balanced in fe5 I dont understand why my opinion offends you so very greatly .

To anyone who thinks IS thinks about unit balance at all, ever. Even with the caveat that they probably think Jagens suck.

Look at Alan.

Look at Wolt.

How are these two units comparably good on ANY level?

Looking at their stats, Alan and Lance both beat or tie with Wolt in every base stat and all but one growth, only losing in growths by 5% Skl and Luck, respectively, while all having the exact same base level and joining time. They also have absolutely better affinities, are mounted, and use two weapons both better than Wolt's one, while getting a third after promoting. And while we're at it, Alan and Lance also either are or get all of Wolt's supports except... a 1/+1 support with Sue.

Edited by Othin

Bring back the Movement growth from Jugdral.

And give armour knights a 35% movement growth. Lol

If we nerf Pallies, then fliers are next beßt.

If we nerf them both, then Heroes become best....

Bring back the Movement growth from Jugdral.

And give armour knights a 35% movement growth. Lol

If we nerf Pallies, then fliers are next beßt.

If we nerf them both, then Heroes become best....

As long as the current series continues limiting itself to characters that can only be differentiated one-dimensionally, this will just keep happening.

There are ways to make it so that more characters and classes are relevant than just "the best". They're not even that difficult, but IS has given up on even trying.

As long as the current series continues limiting itself to characters that can only be differentiated one-dimensionally, this will just keep happening.

There are ways to make it so that more characters and classes are relevant than just "the best". They're not even that difficult, but IS has given up on even trying.

You imply that IS ever cared. Or that they didn't succeed in FE10, where all but a very small handful of characters are relevant, even if in small ways.

But to be fair a lot of the solutions you've proposed haven't been that simple.

But to be fair a lot of the solutions you've proposed haven't been that simple.

Most of them aren't that strange. The second dimension appears to be a strange and alien world from the perspective of the first dimension inhabited by the past decade of (IS's) FE games, but that does not make it so.

The variable Mt of spears and bows featured in Berwick Saga, to use an example I'm sure you're thinking of, require more thinking and consideration than in the other games, but they're still simple enough systems, easily understood and applied once you've used them a bit to get used to them. I'm not advocating anything overly complex, just things that add a bit more to think about than the other, typically overly simple systems.

Edited by Othin

Most of them aren't that strange. The second dimension appears to be a strange and alien world from the perspective of the first dimension inhabited by the past decade of (IS's) FE games, but that does not make it so.

It's still not exactly simple stuff, a lot of it sounds quite complex and would be daunting to newbies who are still in the "first dimension". Plus the "first dimension" can work perfectly fine in this case.

The variable Mt of spears and bows featured in Berwick Saga, to use an example I'm sure you're thinking of, require more thinking and consideration than in the other games, but they're still simple enough systems, easily understood and applied once you've used them a bit to get used to them. I'm not advocating anything overly complex, just things that add a bit more to think about than the other, typically overly simple systems.

Acually, most of the Berwick Saga stuff sounds too complicated.

Honestly it makes it sound like if FE were Chess, Berwick Saga would be

It's still not exactly simple stuff, a lot of it sounds quite complex and would be daunting to newbies who are still in the "first dimension". Plus the "first dimension" can work perfectly fine in this case.

Acually, most of the Berwick Saga stuff sounds too complicated.

Honestly it makes it sound like if FE were Chess, Berwick Saga would be

You say it's one thing with no evidence, I say it's the other giving evidence almost every time. Let's see, which of us has the view more likely to be based in facts? That depends; remind me again which of us has spent hundreds of hours playing and analyzing every detail of the game, and which of us hasn't even played the game once?

It is worth noting that you are almost certainly biased in favor of the FE series as you know it. This is a perfectly normal human reaction to a new, conflicting idea, but that doesn't make it right. So until you can find a way to play it and get an objective view, how about you take my word for it, hmm?