[SFDTT: FE11]

Integrity

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the fuck this comes up every single draft and I never remember to put it in the ruleset

I'm going to say they can, because I think that was what we last decided on.

what the fuck this comes up every single draft and I never remember to put it in the ruleset

I'm going to say they can, because I think that was what we last decided on.

What you mean by "they". Only drafted units or everyone? I guess it doesn't matter much, but I don't want to cheat. I hate cheating.

Darros, because there is no such things as too many meatshields.

Someones still bitter after that time I shot her.

Nope, my pick was actually to ensure that JB's first three chapters consists of Marth, Jagen, and Ogma (Lena's too far away to be staff utility, unless you stall). Darros might make a passable hunter, and he can wield a certain axe which I WILL burn turns for, just because it's that good for earlygame.

The rest of you have fun with Hyman.

May as well start off.

Chapter 1 5 turns

I hate this chapter. These first three chapters are probably the hardest in the game. I wish I could post a video, but sadly I do not have that capability.

Turn 1 – Jagen to fort with Silver Lance, Cavs advance as far as possible and deposit their equipment, Marth advances to the forest, Caeda moves next to Marth and withdraws a Javelin and Iron Lance. Draug and Gordin move up a bit.

Caeda crits a pirate on EP, Jagen wounds a pirate.

Turn 2 – Gordin kills the wounded pirate. Marth advances, the cavs flank him. The plan is to have Caeda kill a wounded pirate as well and still ensure that she can reach the hunter, but now I can have her Javelin a pirate instead. She fails. The important thing is that she can help kill the hunter next turn and not get hit this turn. Jagen moves SW of Marth, such that Marth can escape. I think I had Jagen attack, can’t remember for sure. Draug trades away his lance.

The pirates attack Cain and Abel on EP, they make a dodge or two, which is helpful.

Turn 3 – Marth crits the hunter, so Caeda is simply instructed to fly out of harms way. Gordin may have wounded something. Jagen occupies the western fort.

Turn 4 – Jagen moves next to Gazzak, Caeda moves next to Jagen and Javelins Gazzak for exp and Wexp. Gordin moves east to draw away a wounded pirate so he can kill it later. Marth moves.

Jagen counters Gazzak on EP. So far so good.

Turn 5 – Gordin kills his pirate guy. Jagen attacks Gazzak, Caeda gets the kill. Seize. Save

Unit	CLS	LEV	EXP	MHP	STR	MAG	SKL	SPD	LCK	DEF	RES	SWD	LNC	AXE	BOW	TOM	STF
Marth	LRD	1	40	18	5	0	3	7	7	7	0	D--	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	PAL	1	32	22	7	1	10	8	1	9	6	D--	B--	---	---	---	---
Caeda	PEG	2	14	17	5	1	6	13	10	8	6	---	D--	---	---	---	---
Gordin	ARC	1	70	18	5	0	3	4	4	6	0	---	---	---	D--	---	---

Chapter 2 4/9 turns

Caeda and Marth team up to kill the first pirate. For the most part the AI is dumb and targets the undrafted units, which is good because those pirates are sneaky when they cross water. Recruiting Castor results in killing a pirate blocking Marth’s path, which allows him to take his full movement to the village. Yay cash. After mostly useless attacks from the enemy (Castor and Jagen did take some damage, Marth was hit once the whole chapter), it’s already turn 4, and only Jagen can reach the boss. I get everyone as much exp as possible, then battle save for a 5% crit on Gomer for the clear.

Overwrote the stats for this.

Chapter 3 5/14 turns

I really wanted that Killing Edge, but I needed Caeda to help Marth. For the most part, this chapter was just getting the fighters to properly draw the enemy away from Marth’s path and Caeda and Castor teaming up to kill a hunter. Finally, Jagen gets a crit on the boss.

Thank goodness for preparations screen. The game should only get easier, right?

Most people probably reclass Jagen to DK for this chapter, but Caeda can ORKO Bentheon, so I figure I need him to be a paladin to tank the arrows and keep them away from Caeda, and also to clear Marth’s path.

Gordin -> Cavalier

Lena is a Peg Knight to more easily recruit Matthis.

All the other scrubs reclass to increase their move, except for one knight and a class A guy who went archer for better defense.

Marth	LRD	1	91	18	5	0	3	7	7	7	0	D--	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	PAL	2	20	22	7	1	10	8	2	10	6	D--	B--	---	---	---	---
Caeda	PEG	3	54	18	5	1	7	14	11	9	6	---	-D-	---	---	---	---
Gordin	CAV	2	20	20	5	0	3	6	4	7	0	E--	E--	---	---	---	---
Castor	HUN	3	80	21	7	0	3	6	3	4	0	---	---	---	D--	---	---

Chapter 4 6/20 turns

I waste a Silver Lance for Jagen to kill a thief at the end…let’s just say that the exp return was smaller than expected. The things we learn in drafts, right?

Anyway, everything went to plan. I love recruiting enemies. So much easier than killing them. Caeda gets the boss kill. I considered trying to get Caeda strength, but decided not to. She rewarded me by getting strength. I love her.

What was the plan? Meatshield with hordes of useless folks. I’m going to have to dedicate some time to killing off these guys in chapter 5, or I’ll miss the gaiden. There’s no way I’m missing a chance to level up my guys.

Marth	LRD	2	1	19	6	0	4	7	8	8	0	D--	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	PAL	2	84	22	7	1	10	8	2	10	6	D--	B--	---	---	---	---
Caeda	PEG	6	61	20	6	1	9	14	13	9	6	---	--D	---	---	---	---
Gordin	CAV	3	51	20	6	0	3	6	5	7	0	E--	E--	---	---	---	---
Castor	HUN	5	7	22	8	0	4	7	3	4	0	---	---	---	D--	---	---
Matthis	CAV	2	35	20	5	0	2	6	0	7	0	E--	D--	---	---	---	---

Chapter 5 4/24 turns

Caeda ORKO’s the boss, but she had to use one vulnerary usage as I had her take some damage for some dumb reason. I always like when Marth gets some hits in, it just feels like he’s actually contributing somehow. Gordin remained a cav, and Castor remained as a Hunter for his strength. At some point he’ll switch around Knight/Fighter for the Defense/Strength growths, then he’ll settle in as a horseman sometimes acting as General.

I bought a ton of Javelins, and some other miscellaneous weapons. Go team Spear!

Marth	LRD	2	41	19	6	0	4	7	8	8	0	D--	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	PAL	3	26	23	7	1	10	8	2	10	6	D--	--B	---	---	---	---
Caeda	PEG	6	20	20	6	1	10	15	14	10	6	---	--D	---	---	---	---
Gordin	CAV	4	1	21	6	0	4	6	5	7	0	E--	-E-	---	---	---	---
Castor	HUN	5	47	22	8	0	4	7	3	4	0	---	---	---	-D-	---	---
Matthis	CAV	2	98	20	5	0	2	6	0	7	0	E--	D--	---	---	---	---
Wolf	HRS	3	22	22	6	0	6	8	5	6	1	E--	---	---	-D-	---	---

Chapter 6 6/30 turns

Jagen -> Swordmaster

Everyone had junk in their inventory so that anyone could retrieve the armorslayer for Jagen.

This chapter is pretty difficult and is segmented into 5 parts. General Sedgar (weaponless of course) sets up beneath the opening in the wall and I avoid taking damage. Castor and Caeda team up on the first knight. Draug buys some more Javelins and prepares to tank a hit through the wall. Hardin sets up just south of Sedgar to set up part 2. It might have been necessary to have Hardin survive, I’m not sure. The biggest key is that everyone hangs back to allow room to maneuver. Marth moves only 5 spaces to avoid taking damage (only 2 extra to go at this point).

I believe Castor and Caeda team up on the knight. Jagen solos the mage, and Gordin, Matthis, and Wolf kill the archer. Marth moves full and damages the thief and takes 1 damage in return. Somewhere on turn 3 is a battle save. Thanks Julian. I’m not wasting a door key or a 4 turn penalty to recruit Rickard for an iron sword. Big deal!

Now it’s Roshea’s turn to help out. He moves next to Marth (who moved 5 again and equips his Rapier). Wolf sets up north of Roshea and will end up countering both archers on EP with an Iron Bow. Gordin and Matthis team up to kill the thief who stole the armorslayer, sending it to the convoy. Wolf is down to 2 HP! Poor Wolf, he is quite critical in this strategy.

Turn 5, only one more EP to go through. I rig a crit from Marth on the knight. Jagen moves W of Marth equipped with the armorslayer. Matthis kills the Physic-stealing thief. PegKnight!Lena moves W of Jagen. Caeda moves W of her. Wolf moves S of Lena and uses a vulnerary. It would be gone, but Jagen dodged the mage when he killed it…either that or he crit, I skip all battles with the B button. So anyway, I still have one use of the vulnerary left. Let’s see, Hardin, Roshea, and Castor move to protect Caeda from the archers on the other side of the wall. Hardin and Roshea die, the remaining archer on the west side attacks Hepto? Whatever his name is. Knight attacks Jagen who kills it on counter. This exposes Lena to an archer, and she does not dodge. The next archer goes after Wolf, and the mage goes after Draug. Without all of these characters, Jagen would die. Trust me on this one…

Turn 6, Caeda wounds the boss, Jagen gets the killing blow. My other characters get some exp. Ironically, my stars only excel because I had a peg knight to draw an archer, and I had General Sedgar to hold off a ton of nuisances. So who knows what I would have done without an undrafted female…it all wouldn’t have mattered without Wing Spear and Armorslayer.

6x is around the corner, so it’s time to gain some good stats.

Jagen -> Sniper

Caeda -> Archer

Gordin -> Curate (Want vulneraries, but Physic might be necessary at some point. Only need to use a staff 23 times and be a bishop to use it.)

Castor -> Fighter

Wolf -> Warrior

Marth	LRD	2	84	19	6	0	4	7	8	8	0	D--	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	SNP	4	1	26	8	1	13	11	2	9	3	---	---	---	C--	---	---
Caeda	ARC	6	87	20	7	0	8	12	14	11	0	---	---	---	E--	---	---
Gordin	CUR	4	71	19	1	1	3	4	5	3	6	---	---	---	---	---	E--
Castor	FTR	5	90	24	7	0	1	8	3	4	0	---	---	E--	---	---	---
Matthis	CAV	3	78	21	5	0	2	6	0	7	0	E--	-D-	---	---	---	---
Wolf	WAR	3	62	28	7	0	2	8	5	5	0	---	---	D--	-E-	---	---

Chapter 6x – 20 turns taken, 0/30 turns

Goals accomplished, more or less. Caeda got speed and strength, Gordin got his staff experience. He just needs to wave around a heal staff about 10 more times. Recruited Athena so that I can have another flier to draw archers away from Caeda.

I lost General!Sedgar to an armorslayer. Oops.

Marth	LRD	4	42	21	8	0	5	9	19	8	0	-D-	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	SWD	4	97	24	6	1	16	15	2	8	3	--C	---	---	---	---	---
Caeda	PEG	8	5	20	7	1	11	17	15	10	6	---	--D	---	---	---	---
Gordin	CUR	7	51	20	1	2	4	4	6	3	7	---	---	---	---	---	D--
Castor	HUN	7	43	23	8	0	4	8	4	4	0	---	---	---	-D-	---	---
Matthis	CAV	4	75	22	5	0	2	6	0	7	0	E--	--D	---	---	---	---
Wolf	WAR	4	37	30	8	0	3	9	6	6	0	---	---	D--	--E	---	---

Chapter 7 6/36 turns

This is one of those chapters where Marth has 6 extra movement, which can either be used to help kill the boss or for strategic survival. This is my favorite type of chapter. Normally, I’d probably reclass someone to wield bows for this battle. However, Castor is more than up to the task by himself. Wolf will stay as a Warrior to work on his axe rank. Ideally, he’ll get to the point where he can use a hammer as a Hero. It’s weird when you hope for misses so that one char gets Wexp, so that another gets exp for a kill.

Pretty easy to walz down the path. I never remember what the Pegasus sister’s AI is, so I kill Minerva to get them off the battle field. Other than that, judicial use of meatshields keeps everyone safe and Marth on a free path to victory. Once more, Caeda and Jagen team up for the victory. Soon there are some bosses with lower defenses, right?

Anyway, I’m hyped for Chapter 8 and purchasing some vulneraries, a new Wing Spear, and other gear.

Gordin -> Cavalier. He won’t be able to keep up this chapter and heal

Jagen -> Paladin

Marth	LRD	4	52	21	8	0	5	9	19	8	0	-D-	---	---	---	---	---
Jagen	PAL	5	36	24	8	1	10	10	3	10	6	-D-	--B	---	---	---	---
Caeda	PEG	9	63	20	7	1	11	18	16	10	6	---	C--	---	---	---	---
Gordin	CAV	7	99	22	6	1	5	6	6	7	1	E--	--E	---	---	---	---
Castor	HUN	8	36	23	8	0	5	9	5	4	0	---	---	---	--D	---	---
Matthis	CAV	5	12	23	5	0	2	6	0	7	0	E--	--D	---	---	---	---
Wolf	WAR	4	94	30	8	0	3	9	6	6	0	---	---	D--	D--	---	---

Chapter 8 is tough. The important thing is that I buy Door Keys and new Wing Spear. Still working on a good strategy.

1. Yes. It's a 1 in 20 chance, basically rolling a icosahedron. I draw the line exactly there. Anything less isn't worth my time. Maybe I should draw the line further, though. I ran the numbers and there's only a 78.5% chance of seeing at least one after 30 tries. Guess I got lucky and my patience didn't run out. At any rate, I don't see myself needing to rig anything like that for the rest of the game, as it should be all strategy/stat gains now. If you want me to restart, I will. It's not like I'm rigging Caeda to dodge everything, though. That would be insane.

2. Nope, they are not mixed up. I reclassed first, then posted stats. I figure that's more relevant.

EDIT: Confused my dice.

Edited by Whitefang