[SFDTT: FE11]

Integrity

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft is about strategy, not who can reset the most. My idea of using saves is "making sure Darros/Bord doesn't accidentally suicide on EP because the RNG decided that the Devil Axe needs to backfire", not "make my turn counts lower on a 1 in 20 chance to end a map faster". I also see another rigged crit for Marth. I don't approve of such things; I'll let everyone else speak their minds about it. IMO, it defeats the point of a draft.

This draft is about strategy, not who can reset the most. My idea of using saves is "making sure Darros/Bord doesn't accidentally suicide on EP because the RNG decided that the Devil Axe needs to backfire", not "make my turn counts lower on a 1 in 20 chance to end a map faster". I also see another rigged crit for Marth. I don't approve of such things; I'll let everyone else speak their minds about it. IMO, it defeats the point of a draft.

I understand that. Normally, I wouldn't bother with it myself, but I want to do the best that I can for my team. It only takes a few seconds to reset, and you can only do it once or twice per chapter, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

You aren't doing your team any favors by doing this. If I caught any of my members doing it, I'd scream at them (and I think I made that very clear to them). The point is to play the draft as a draft.

I honestly expected most others to do it as well. (Not you, though, Eclipse).

I am sorry, I will start over and I will not battle save for any criticals, only for unit positioning. But then I may as well not battle save at all. It'd be more useful to have a unit in combat. So it really should just be prohibited.

I personally will not object to anyone else using battle saves for any purpose. I shouldn't have even asked about it, I guess.

I don't mind if they're used because you're looking at a coin flip chance of death, or the entirety of Chapter 13 (which is one long RNG troll chapter). Rigging crits to speed things up isn't the point.

This goes for everyone. Win/lose on tactics, not resets.

While a 5% chance is like super-excessive, I don't see a problem in resetting once or twice for an RNG blessing. Say, for example, if you needed to pull off a (number out of my ass so don't you dare call 'unrealistic') ~45% crit that would save a few turns, it's pretty acceptable to reset for that if it doesn't work the first two or nineteen five times. Like, just don't do it incessantly, if it's a reasonable chance (read: >30-ish), I think resetting once or twice for it isn't that big of a deal/

FE8 is different because once it was discovered (i forget who did), everyone started to do it. Not everyone is going to rig a mediocre low% hit although i'm sure you get the point now

EDIT: Ok Integ doesn't do it but I'm just saying it here because he'll be like I don't rig the prologue :/

Edited by General Horace

I think it might be my fault kinda. I told him that in order to get optimal TC in chapter 3 with his team, he would need a lucky crit from jagen. I never encouraged him to rig the crit though. I dont condone the rigging of crits/dodges (unless others do it, in which case I encourage it as payback :3). I apologize for the misunderstanding whitefang and wish you best of luck in your next run.

Marth Embarks, Part Deux Turn about is far play

Well, a few things about my last strategy. Apparently, it requires that Gazzak does not proc 9 speed. It also apparently required the hunter to have 21 HP instead of 22 HP. I didn't realize this until it failed. Horribly. I guess I got lucky. Since I figured it probably wouldn't happen again, I tried a new strategy.

Chapter 1 - 6/6 turns

Let's see...this time I put Jagen on the fort and hold Marth back one space. This forfeits a turn automatically, but does provide me with some leeway. For one, I can guarantee that both pirates attack Jagen on the fort even if I move Draug his full move. Handy. For another, it allows Marth to help kill pirates as needed, since I have 6 spaces to concede before I lose another turn.

I had been trying to hold Gordin back, but with this new strategy, I advanced him, protecting him when possible, letting him get hit by at most one pirate when not possible. Gordin proves quite critical, killing a pirate that would have suicided into Marth on the penultimate PP, saving Marth from near certain death.

I was worried about killing Gazak, but Jagen got a crit. I'm not resetting. :P:

I still don't understand drafting...that took me an hour to figure out, and even then it had a significant chance of failure. How do you guys do this so quickly? The AI isn't always predictable.

Unit   CLS LEV EXP MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES SWD LNC AXE BOW TOM STF
Marth  LRD 1   30  18   5   0   3   7   7   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen  PAL 1   62  22   7   1   10  8   1   9   6  D-- B--  -   -   -   -
Caeda  PEG 2   30  17   4   1   6   13  9   7   6   -  D--  -   -   -   -
Gordin ARC 2   30  18   5   0   3   5   5   6   0   -   -   -  D--  -   -

Edited by Whitefang

I'm 99% sure that JB wants Ymir and Macellan.

but if I'm wrong, derp

Well, I didn't think either of them would make it back around.

I am slightly upset that Crash gave JB two extra units, though. You never know.

Tiki.

Edited by Whitefang