[SFDTT: FE11]

Integrity

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did?

Macellan and Ymir don't cost any turns to recruit, as opposed to everyone else who is left who won't be recruited at all. So even though they're not that good, they're quite literally better than nothing. But that's splitting hairs, I guess.

Edit for turncounts.

Well, I guess we all want to know the score to beat. Here's mine so far. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad. I probably should have gone for Bord over Wolf. One day I will figure out how this drafting thing works.

Chapter 2 4/10 turns

All but Cord die as they protect Marth on his way, and I use a lot of the Silver Lance. Worse, I use two vulneraries so that Jagen can dish out damage and survive a hit from Gomer. Castor is recruited and kills pirates. This is where most of my meatshields died, by protecting Caeda so that she can attack the boss and survive. I do manage to get the village, at least, and the boss is killed by an EP hit from Jagen, then Caeda, and then finished off by Jagen.

Unit   CLS LEV EXP MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES SWD LNC AXE BOW TOM STF
Marth  LRD 1   60  18   5   0   3   7   7   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen  PAL 2   15  23   7   1   11  8   1   9   6  D-- B--  -   -   -   -
Caeda  PEG 2   62  17   4   1   6   13  9   7   6   -  D--  -   -   -   -
Gordin ARC 2   50  18   5   0   3   5   5   6   0   -   -   -  D--  -   -
Castor HUN 3   60  21   7   0   3   6   3   4   0   -   -   -  D--  -   -

Chapter 3 10/20 turns

With all of my protectors dead (except Cord), I don't see a way to reach the boss very quickly. I grab the Killing Edge and the Devil Axe (probably Wolf will have a use for it…I wish it had extra wexp like in other games). Gordin and Castor actually prove mildly useful as they help pick off units from relatively safe positions, hugging the mountains and peaks.

Jagen sits on the final fort to wound the enemies while Gordin and Castor help out from behind. Jagen gets a vulnerary and uses it twice (later).

Once that’s done, Jagen stands and heals next to Reynard with the Silver Lance and counters. I’m not sure what I was thinking for this turn, but I switch to Steel Sword and heal once more. It’s only a net of 1 damage, but I guess Marth wasn’t in range anyway? Can’t remember how it worked. Anyway, the only way to go from here is to have Caeda hit. If she can’t, Gordin can try his luck, but he has a chance of death so I'd rather not. Caeda was able to hit. Then Marth has to hit with Steel and dodge at least one of two hits. Finally, Jagen finishes with a Steel Sword. It’s really the only way to do it without a drafted axe or sword user, barring a couple of misses from Reynard on Jagen’s first attempt.

I couldn’t remember how to spell the boss’s name, so I used Reynard from this site and wod.

Marth  LRD 2   12  19   6   0   3   8   8   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen  PAL 3   10  24   7   1   11  8   1   9   6  D-- -B-  -   -   -   -
Caeda  PEG 3   14  17   4   1   7   14  10  7   6   -  -D-  -   -   -   -
Gordin ARC 3   00  19   5   0   4   5   5   6   0   -   -   -  -D-  -   -
Castor HUN 4   20  22   8   0   4   6   3   4   0   -   -   -  D--  -   -

Chapter 4 6/26 turns

Fresh recruits allow a lot of freedom for my damage dealers. Jagen went to the fort to counter on EP. Knight!Cord sits on the nearby fort and delays the enemies. Matthis is worse than Gordin at being a cavalier. Seriously, these two are barely better than generics. Castor went Fighter, but whether that was helpful or not I’m not sure on. At the very least he didn’t need protection.

Jagen used the Javelin on the knight, then countered again on EP. Marth killed the knight, and some sacrifices were made to the horsemen. Caeda and Gordin team up on a Horseman while the other is distracted way to the east. Matthis and Jagen wound one of the archers. The other archer is with the horseman to the east. Not many worries, but nonetheless I put units across the river as targets, and Caeda is free to attack the boss with impunity, while everyone else collects exp. Gordin got a nice level up to make up for the crap that he had been getting, and Caeda finally got some strength.

Unit    CLS LEV EXP MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES SWD LNC AXE BOW TOM STF
Marth   LRD 2   42  19   6   0   3   8   8   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen   PAL 3   50  24   7   1   11  8   1   9   6  D-- --B  -   -   -   -
Caeda   PEG 5   10  19   5   1   8   15  11  7   6   -  --D  -   -   -   -
Gordin  CAV 4   04  22   5   0   3   7   6   7   0  E-- E--  -   -   -   -
Castor  FTR 4   57  24   7   0   1   7   3   4   0   -   -  E--  -   -   -
Matthis CAV 2   20  20   5   0   2   6   0   7   0  E-- D--  -   -   -   -

Edited by Whitefang

I spent ENTIRE MINUTES figuring out why this draft worked out to have three leftovers.

Then I remembered, oh yeah, we don't have Frey and Norne and the silly GR is balanced for NM.

So I'll put it to a vote after Darros's last pick: free Bantu and Arran/Samson or ban them?

I spent ENTIRE MINUTES figuring out why this draft worked out to have three leftovers.

Then I remembered, oh yeah, we don't have Frey and Norne and the silly GR is balanced for NM.

So I'll put it to a vote after Darros's last pick: free Bantu and Arran/Samson or ban them?

Let 'em be free. Doesnt really matter thoguh, but someone may wanna use them for god knows why.

Chapter 5 4/30 turns

Castor reclassed to Pirate to cross the river. Jagen went to Swordmaster. Strangely, it said he was really close to B swords, but as a Paladin he’s barely made a dent in his sword rank. I’m not sure what the deal was, but I was hoping that he would get to the point where he could wield Silver Swords during the chapter. That did not happen, but he can still use a killing edge.

I had been trying to fight through the enemies, but I just don’t have enough firepower to keep Caeda safe from the archers and to push through the knights. Instead, I drew the enemies away as much as possible. I still had to have Caeda kill one knight, with help from Castor. Caeda needed to take less than 3 damage to survive an encounter with the boss, which basically means not getting hit.

Jagen killed a cavalier that should have tried to kill Vyland. I surround the archers and the remaining knight and Marth gets into position. I have enough wounded guys to target, keeping everyone pretty safe. Caeda ORKOs, and Marth can seize after everyone gets some exp and Matthis goes shopping for Javelins.

Marth   LRD 2   42  19   6   0   3   8   8   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen   SWD 3   81  24   5   1   17  14  1   7   3  --C  -   -   -   -   -
Caeda   PEG 5   83  19   5   1   8   15  11  7   6   -  --D  -   -   -   -
Gordin  CAV 4   34  22   5   0   3   7   6   7   0  E-- -E-  -   -   -   -
Castor  PIR 4   67  22   7   0   1   6   3   5   0   -   -  E--  -   -   -
Matthis CAV 2   50  20   5   0   2   6   0   7   0  E-- D--  -   -   -   -
Wolf    HRS 3   22  22   6   0   6   8   5   6   1  E--  -   -  D--  -   -

Chapter 6 8/38 turns

Sedgar takes up a spot in the doorway as a general, while my team works their way around. Matthis and Gordin are primarily on thief duty, though Marth and Castor help out as well. The cavs missed a lot…I got the Armorslayer and physic staff.

Judicious use of shields allows the first 3 enemy groups to be defeated easily. The final group is not as easy. I try to get Jagen to counter with an armorslayer, but that fails as the armors attack the final generic in the area. This requires everyone to team up, but they also need to stay out of range (except for one brave unit) of the archer and mage to draw them in. It’s fairly amazing, but my units can barely kill the two. I also look and notice that Caeda will be 1HKO’d by the boss (19/20 HP). This is a new and startling development. She has a vulnerary, and uses the last of it. She needs to hit twice and then Jagen can finish, as Jagen cannot survive a hit either (He had also already used the last of the second vulnerary earlier).

My general plan to kill stuff was to have Wolf use the Devil Axe if he could 1HKO. Jagen could ORKO most things, while Matthis and Gordin could help wound or pick off wounded enemies. Castor could really help out with knights for Caeda to finish with the Wing Spear. Marth helped out a bit as well. Oh, I guess he only attacked a thief once.

Caeda crits the boss. On the one hand, she gets valuable exp. On the other, I lost a vulnerary for no good reason. Well, everyone else gets some exp and wexp on random stragglers before Marth seizes.

Marth   LRD 2   52  19   6   0   3   8   8   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen   SWD 4   28  25   5   1   17  14  1   7   3  B--  -   -   -   -   -
Caeda   PEG 7   70  20   5   1   10  17  13  8   6   -  C--  -   -   -   -
Gordin  CAV 5   17  22   5   0   3   8   6   7   0  E-- --E  -   -   -   -
Castor  HUN 5   64  23   8   0   5   6   3   4   0   -   -   -  -D-  -   -
Matthis CAV 3   64  21   5   0   3   6   0   7   0  E-- -D-  -   -   -   -
Wolf    WAR 3   64  28   7   0   2   8   5   5   0   -   -  D-- E--  -   -

Chapter 6x 20 free turns/38

Well, I started this chapter, and quickly realized I needed a healer. Sorry Gordin and Caeda, you will have to get strength growths some other time.

Caeda -> Myrmidon. While this may seem strange, I wanted her to work on her sword rank for future paladin fun. Further, her strength growth is equivalent in all physical classes she can currently access. Her speed growth suffers (slightly), but as a Myrm she has capped speed anyway, so she won’t grow that. She has 17 as a Pegasus Knight, though, so I don’t really care about her speed. +10 HP growth over archer is pretty boss as well.

I left Jagen as a swordmaster because I want him to work on his sword rank and speed growths so he might actually double something as a paladin. It would also be nice to use armorslayers as a paladin, though that might be a while in coming. I figured out why he reached B swords so quickly as well. Swordmasters start with C rank in swords, and Jagen also starts with an extra 30 wexp in swords. This results in a D as a paladin, while as a swordmaster it is a C and then some extra (halfway to B). This means that he has C in swords as a paladin now.

Wolf remained a warrior, in the hopes of +2 strength and +2 HP, as well as working toward wielding hammers.

Castor went to fighter, for the growths and axe rank. Ideally he’ll be a hero on promotion.

Matthis stayed a cav because he sucks. He needs strength and weapon levels.

Gordin went to curate because his growths are worse than Matthis’s for being a cav. Can’t wait for Radd. I can have a 3-way competition for worst cavalier.

The chapter itself was pretty trivial, though humorously I almost couldn’t defeat the boss. Wolf and Matthis attacked from range. Caeda had 9 ATK and couldn’t damage him. I had to have Jagen use the silver sword. There are plenty of silver swords in this game, though.

Marth   LRD 3   61  20   6   0   4   8   9   7   0  -D-  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen   SWD 5   11  25   5   1   18  15  1   7   3  -B-  -   -   -   -   -
Caeda   MYR 8   90  20   4   0   15  20  14  7   0  --E  -   -   -   -   -
Gordin  CUR 8   10  20   0   1   4   7   7   3   7   -   -   -   -   -  D--
Castor  FTR 7   27  26   8   0   2   7   4   4   0   -   -  --E  -   -   -
Matthis CAV 5   14  23   7   0   3   7   0   9   0  E-- C--  -   -   -   -
Wolf    WAR 4   49  30   8   0   3   9   6   6   0   -   -  --D -E-  -   -

Chapter 7 6/44

I need bow users, so Castor and Gordin go back to their natural classes. Castor and Gordin kill Minerva, then the other dracoknight. Wolf and Caeda take on the majority of the Pegasus knights. A generic peg knight stands on the western fort, while the northern fort is easy to blockade. Wolf and Jagen kill the armors mainly to protect Caeda who needs to wound the boss, then Jagen finishes.

Marth   LRD 3   61  20   6   0   4   8   9   7   0  -D-  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen   PAL 5   56  25   7   1   12  9   1   9   6  C-- --B  -   -   -   -
Caeda   PEG 10  42  22   7   1   12  19  16  8   6   -  C--  -   -   -   -
Gordin  ARC 8   23  20   5   0   6   7   7   6   1   -   -   -  -D-  -   - 
Castor  HUN 7   49  24   9   0   5   6   4   4   0   -   -   -  -D-  -   -
Matthis CAV 6   24  24   7   0   4   7   0   9   0  E-- C--  -   -   -   -
Wolf    WAR 4   88  30   8   0   3   9   6   6   0   -   -  --D -E-  -   -

Oh, right. . .finally saw something I didn't see earlier.

Most drafts are done on NM, with prologue. It gives the party some extra weapons, but more importantly, they start with vulneraries and a ton of experience. Combine that with NM stats, most of which are loltastic, and it means you can stomp through the first few chapters with just Marth.

H2 is trickier. I started the run, then completely forgot how many turns I took. I'm currently trying to redo it, and wondering how Jagen gets hit by 55% things while Abel can't land a 62% to save the run.

H2 is trickier. I started the run, then completely forgot how many turns I took. I'm currently trying to redo it, and wondering how Jagen gets hit by 55% things while Abel can't land a 62% to save the run.

This has been happening to me quite a bit, too.

You didn't have to restart, it would have kept us in suspense!

After much finagling, I think I found a better strategy, but I can't have things like buying the wrong item/multiple misses/someone not Cain dying on me. I wish I could record a video, because it's hilarious.

After much finagling, I think I found a better strategy, but I can't have things like buying the wrong item/multiple misses/someone not Cain dying on me. I wish I could record a video, because it's hilarious.

I wish you could record a video too. :(

OMG, I finally finished the first chapter!

Chapter 1 - 7/7

This could've been 6, but the Pirate near the boss had just enough to KO Jagen, and I didn't trust my luck. Here's how it went down:

Turn 1 - Gordin trades his bows to Caeda, who sells her lance and the Iron Bow for cash, then buys a Javelin. Draug tosses his lance to Jagen, Marth moves just out of range of the nearby pirate, Cain deposits everything so Abel can withdraw the lance. Jagen runs to the fort, Silver Lance at fore.

Turn 2 - Caeda flies to Abel, and trades the Javelin. Abel tosses the trade to Jagen, then kills a Pirate with his own Javelin. Marth runs to the fort and kills the other pirate. Jagen moves just past the nearby forest, Silver Lance at ready. Draug heads towards the northern fort. Gordin stands on the village. Cain moves into range of two of the pirates. On EP, Cain is attacked, saving everyone else from harm.

Turn 3 - Gordin moves to the fort, while Caeda takes his place. Jagen runs to the fort and Javelins the Hunter. Marth and Abel pick off weakened enemies. Draug sits on the fort. Cain draws enemies just a little further east. On EP, Cain dies (sorry), while the Hunter suicides into Jagen.

Turn 4 - Abel missed his Javelin chuck, so Jagen OHKOs the offending enemy. Marth moves on a mountain. Everyone else stays put. On EP, the Pirate missed.

Turn 5 - Jagen continues to stay on the fort to bring his health up. Marth and Abel work on nearby enemies. Everyone else stays put. On EP, all the pirates swarm Draug on a fort, who takes negligible damage.

Turn 6 - Jagen stands next to the boss, while Marth and Abel finish the final pirate. Abel is at full health; this is important. On EP, the boss and Jagen hit each other.

Turn 7 - Abel smacks the boss with a sword, which is just enough for Jagen to kill. Marth seizes.

Name      Class     Level  HP  Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Marth     Lord       2.30  19   5    0    4    7    8    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    1.95  Base everything
Abel      Cavalier   1.81  Base everything

Chapter 2 - 13/20

The problem with this chapter is that it can't be rushed, because having that many pirates bearing down on everyone isn't good for their health (and my meatshields die way too fast). I took things especially slowly towards the end, because being bumrushed by four pirates meant that someone died (usually one of Bord/Darros), AND I didn't have the patience to reset until the pirates missed. To give you an idea of how wonderful my luck was, I can count the number of times a pirate missed any of my units through all my restarts without running out of fingers. This is with my three sword guys wielding swords, no less.

With that being said. . .teasing out the pirates in small groups meant that this took longer than it should've. Jagen downed a Vulnerary before charging the boss, and then he immediately hit a crit. ;/

Marth and Abel got epic levels. I also made sure to stock up on axes, because running through this game with one Hammer is lame. No stats, because I finished this away from my compy.

Chapter 3 - 10/30

Again, took this one a touch more slowly, because Bord gained Speed. Got the Devil Axe, and used it to kill one of the Fighters, then ran over the two bow guys. Marth was able to tease out the last two Fighters, then came save point use. The first one was used right after I parked Jagen next to the boss. The second one was used after Jagen had hit the boss on EP, and didn't die. Here's what needed to happen on turn 10:

- Abel hits with 80%

- Abel dodges one of two 52% attacks (this was where all my resets happened, because dodging stuff just slightly worse than a coin flip is hard)

- Bord needed to connect with a 77% attack, while dodging a 29% recoil, because Darros has problems hitting things

The rest of this mode should be a bit easier. What makes H2 annoying is that offensive parameters have been majorly boosted, but defensive parameters haven't been increased as much.

Marth     Lord       4.47  20   6    0    6    9   10    9    0
Abel      Cavalier   3.73  22   8    0    8    8    2    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    2.76  Base everything
Bord      Fighter    4.17  22   8    0    5    8    3    5    0
Darros    Pirate     4.77  22   6    0    2    7    3    5    0

Silver Lance uses remaining: 9/20

EDIT: I'll leave this up as a reference. I'm gonna restart, since someone smarter than me pointed out a few things that'll make a significant difference.

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 1 - 7/7

See the post two above this one? Exact same strategy, but less Abel whiffing.

Marth     Lord       2.10  18   5    0    4    8    8    7    0
Abel      Cavalier   2.01  21   6    0    8    8    2    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    2.02  Base everything

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 2 - 9/16

There, that's better.

The key to beating this map is to draw enemies intelligently. None of your units are capable of taking out enemies on their own, unless it's Jagen, and that Silver Lance ain't gonna last forever. A swarm of four pirates will probably leave someone important dead, and more importantly, will delay you a turn or two.

Had Jagen bait several guys at once, then run back to the fort to Javelin a Pirate that somehow slipped past my defenses. Everyone else kind of cleaned up after him. Darros recruited himself a turn later. Marth used most of his HP baiting a couple of enemies. Drew Castor with Jagen, then slowly worked north, while staying out of the southernmost pirate's range.

Marth hit the village on turn 8, Abel made it to the fort, and Jagen downed a Vulnerary near the boss so he'd have enough health to take a hit. Once I confirmed the first hit, used the save point, had Caeda go shopping so my two new recruits could chip (and a second Hammer is a necessity), then had Abel hit once with an Iron Lance (him resting on the fort the previous turn gave him enough HP to survive), then had Jagen finish. Marth seized, and I felt a lot better about everything.

Marth     Lord       3.20  19   6    0    4    9    9    7    0
Abel      Cavalier   3.12  22   6    0    9    9    2    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    2.87  Base everything
Bord      Fighter    2.70  Base everything
Darros    Pirate     3.60  Base everything

Chapter 3 - 9/25

The extra turn was because Bord is kinda slow (because it's doable in 8, if Bord can reach). Uh, anyway. . .

I waited until the Fighters came close to the Devil Axe village, because I didn't want to trigger the arrow guys too early. I had Darros use the Devil Axe twice to get rid of them - once on PP and another on EP, when the last one attacked Darros (Darros has a 28% chance of self-destruction). Navarre was recruited for his weapon, and to keep the bad guys at bay. Once I got past the initial fighter wave, I was able to go full-tilt, until the boss area. Marth could only bait one of the enemies before dying, so I had him smack the Steel Axe guy. On turn 8, Jagen stood by the boss, I used the first save point, then Bord hit the Iron Axe guy with the Devil Axe. Abel finished (and gained no stats), Jagen hit the boss, then I burned the second save point after Jagen hit the boss with the Silver Lance and survived. For this to work, Abel had to dodge one of two 52% attacks, then Bord had to hit a 71% without eating a 30% recoil. It worked, and I seized a turn earlier than my last run.

(BTW, the odds of the last series of attacks are a bunch of events that are ~70%=90% each; combine all of them, and it comes out to 38% actual)

Time for the next chapter.

Marth     Lord       3.40  19   6    0    4    9    9    7    0
Abel      Cavalier   4.23  22   6    0    9    9    2    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    3.09  23   7    1   10    8    1    9    6
Bord      Fighter    4.17  22   9    0    6    7    1    5    0
Darros    Pirate     4.27  22   7    0    2    7    3    5    0

Chapter 4 - 9/34

Reclassed Bord to Knight. It makes no sense, intuitively, but. . .

With 13 DEF to his name, Bord was able to park himself on the nearby fort, and take 2 damage total from each axe guy from the north. Everyone else stayed near the shop to receive the western charge. Marth took a hit (this is important), killed the Armorslayer dude ASAP, then began charging forward. Jagen bought himself a Steel Lance. During one PP, I realized Abel was just short of killing something, so I had a generic buy a Steel Lance, then had Abel swipe it and kill the offending enemy. Matthis was recruited, and killed when he used himself as bait for the mounted bow guys. I had to be careful with Darros, so I used my army of meatshields to ensure that the Horsemen couldn't hit him. On turn 8, Marth parked himself next to the boss, Rapier in hand. On turn 8 EP, he hit the boss, and Marth survived with 1 HP. On turn 9, I saved, then had Jagen Javelin (56% displayed, but that's my fault for not thinking things through), then used the Devil Axe to finish. Bord was bored.

Marth     Lord       3.91  19   6    0    4    9    9    7    0
Abel      Cavalier   5.68  23   6    0   10    9    2    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    3.83  23   7    1   10    8    1    9    6
Bord      Knight     5.98  21  11    0    8    0    2   14    0
Darros    Pirate     5.58  23   7    0    2    7    4    5    0

Chapter 5 - 6/40

Reclassed Bord back to Fighter, since it's Hammertime.

Jagen drew everything to the north on turn 1, so Merric could recruit Wendell on turn 2, then give him a bunch of useful things (Excalibur, Fire, and Heal). The Wolfguard, sans Sedgar and Vyland, went west, then north, to draw enemies away. Everyone else went over the bridge, with Abel doubling with a Javelin, to make life easier for me. To kill the boss, Bord had to hit at 57%, then dodge a 57% hit (note to self: next time, use a damn Vulnerary, because I had one handy). Abel had time to go shopping and thief-hunting. Vyland killed the staff thing and nearly died to a generic Javelin dude. I managed to snag the Door Key, so whee.

As a side note, WTF Darros. 40% class growth in Strength my ass.

Marth     Lord       4.01  19   6    0    4    9   10    7    0
Abel      Cavalier   6.37  24   7    0   11    9    2    7    0
Jagen     Paladin    4.41  24   8    1   10    8    2    9    6
Bord      Fighter    7.28  25  10    0    7    7    2    6    0
Darros    Pirate     6.32  24   7    0    2    7    4    5    0
Vyland    Cavalier   1.41  Base everything
Wendell   Sage       1.54  Base everything

Chapter 6 - 10/50

This chapter featured a bunch of unhappy units. The goals were divided into three parts:

1. Survive until turn 3.

2. Kill everything between me and the boss.

3. Kill the boss.

In the process, I had to get everything except the Killing Edge. Luckily, I had Wendell, Sedgar, and Wolf. . .with the latter two being disposable meatshields. It was time to party!

Jagen baited the first Knight, then Abel finished him. Merric positioned himself so that he'd take the brunt of everything next turn, while Wendell healed Jagen and Jagen rushed forward to kill the Mage. Vyland opened Rickard's cell, then ran to catch up. Everyone else kinda kept up. By the end of turn 2, Merric had died, and Darros was at half health. Objective 1 complete.

Jagen ran ahead, and killed the Angelic Robe thief, then barely survived the Knight and Archer that came after him (had I not healed him on turn 2, he would've died). Marth, Bord, Darros, and Abel worked their way forward. Vyland wounded the Armorslayer thief, then finished him. Hardin, Ogma, and Gordin were used as bait. Bord OHKO'd the Knights via Hammer, Jagen OHKO'd the mage, and Abel + Darros took care of the archers. Wendell stayed behind to kill the northern things (Darros had wounded one archer, and Vyland had wounded another previously). I hit the boss room on turn 8, but Bord was a square short. Objective 2 complete.

Once I got to the boss room, I realized that Gordin had somehow survived. . .so I sacrificed him to the boss. I made sure the Curate couldn't reach the boss, then had Bord stand next to the boss at the end of turn 9, then hit the save point. He crit the boss, but it didn't matter, because I had the second save point ready to make sure the boss died (58% displayed hit).

I just realized I did 6x. . .so no stats, except for what I remember. . .Abel finally got some Strength, and Darros gained Speed. Vyland's level was HP, Speed, and Luck/Skill (pretty sure it's Luck). Wendell gained RES. I think Jagen's level was facepalmworthy. I forgot what Bord gained, but it wasn't impressive. Marth didn't level on this map.

Chapter 6x - 20

Darros reclassed to Mercenary, Bord reclassed to Hunter, Jagen reclassed to Sniper. Here's what I wanted:

- Marth to level at least once

- Abel to level at least once

- Vyland to gain as many levels as possible

- Bord to gain as much experience as possible

- Darros to gain at least one level for dynamic growth purposes

- Jagen to not suck

- Rickard to gain a level or two

- Wendell to get as much staff experience as possible

Thanks to my efforts, Wendell is at C staves, and Bord gained Speed. Abel hit C lances somewhere, and that's gonna help for the next chapter.

Marth     Lord       5.27  20   6    0    4   10   11    7    0
Abel      Cavalier   9.38  27   8    0   14   11    2    7    0
Jagen     Sniper     5.21  26   8    1   13   10    2    8    3
Bord      Hunter     9.84  25  13    0   12    7    2    6    0
Darros    Mercenary  8.97  23   8    0    9   12    4    7    0
Vyland    Cavalier   4.23  23   5    0    3    8    4    7    0
Wendell   Sage       3.99  22   3    4    2   13    1    5    7
Rickard   Thief      3.04  17   5    0    3   10    0    3    0

Chapter 7 - 7/57

Bord and Darros to Fighter, Jagen to Dracoknight, Vyland to Archer.

Nothing's funnier than having three units in range, ready to wreck the boss. Thanks to some careful positioning, I was able to have Bord, Darros, and Wendell near the boss on turn 6. Bord stayed next to the boss, and connected (but it wouldn't have mattered, because I could've Excaliblicked him into oblivion). Oh, right, everything else!

Marched south, with Vyland shooting one of the generic flying things, so Abel could block the fort. Jagen blocked the Ridersbane, Caeda did her best to catch up, and I positioned it so that only Abel would be set to take damage. From there, it was a race to block forts and bait with my generics. Eventually, all the forts were blocked. Bord OHKO'd the Knights with the Hammer; Darros needed some help from Jagen. I blocked the healer before killing the boss.

Marth     Lord       5.57  20   6    0    4   10   11    7    0
Abel      Cavalier  10.09  27   8    0   14   11    3    7    0
Jagen     Drakky     5.35  22   9    1   10    8    2   11    3
Bord      Fighter   10.51  28  13    0   10    8    3    6    0
Darros    Fighter    9.17  28   9    0    3    9    5    5    0
Vyland    Archer     5.17  22   5    0    5    7    5    6    0
Wendell   Sage       4.99  22   3    4    2   13    2    5    8
Rickard   Thief      3.34  17   5    0    3   10    0    3    0

Chapter 8 - 6/63

Vyland reclassed to Curate. Yes, I am insane.

My boss-killing squad (Bord, Wendell, Darros) moved as a unit, while Abel and Jagen covered their rears. Rickard hauled himself to the arena, with Vyland handy to heal him. Eventually, Wendell got into range, and Bord decided to run up and finish the boss (Wendell could've ORKO'd with Excalibur, but what's the fun in that?) Roger was recruited, because it's faster to do that than kill him.

My save points were primarily used to ensure that Rickard won his arena battles.

Marth     Lord       5.67  20   6    0    4   10   11    7    0
Abel      Cavalier  10.48  27   8    0   14   11    3    7    0
Jagen     Drakky     5.57  22   9    1   10    8    2   11    3
Bord      Fighter   11.16  29  14    0   10    8    3    7    0
Darros    Fighter    9.86  28   9    0    3    9    5    5    0
Vyland    Curate     6.02  22   0    1    3    7    5    3    6
Wendell   Sage       5.37  23   3    4    3   13    3    5    8
Rickard   Thief      4.67  17   5    0    3   10    1    3    0

Chapter 9 - 5/68

Reclassed Vyland back to Cavalier, and Darros to Pirate.

Keeping Jagen in Dracoknight was risky, but it paid off, because it gave me enough oomph to ORKO the boss (it took Excalibur, Silver Lance, and Abel's Steel Lance to do the boss in). Rickard was in range of the Devil Axe guy; instead of the usual pain, the pirate hit himself over the head with it. Darros threw stuff at random people.

I might need to get creative for the next chapter - I don't have a generic female unit yet, and there's no way I can recruit Jake until I do so!

Marth     Lord       6.17  21   7    0    4   10   12    7    0
Abel      Cavalier  11.51  28   8    0   14   12    3    7    0
Jagen     Drakky     5.89  22   9    1   10    8    2   11    3
Bord      Fighter   11.86  29  14    0   10    8    3    7    0
Darros    Pirate    10.04  27  10    0    3    8    5    7    0
Vyland    Cavalier   6.49  24   5    0    4    9    5    7    0
Wendell   Sage       5.71  23   3    4    3   13    3    5    8
Rickard   Thief      5.10  17   6    0    3   10    2    3    0

Chapter 10 - 9/77

This was one long dash to the end, and I had to sacrifice every single non-playing unit to the enemies, so I'd get my female generic. Ahem. . .

Destroyed the four starting horses, then had Abel, Marth, Jagen, Bord, and Wendell take care of the flying things, while Darros, Vyland, and Rickard concentrated on the thief and the Physic staff. Bord actively hit the boss, then Wendell used Physic. Marth blicked the cleric, and Abel and Jagen got my Master Seal. On EP, Bord missed, but it didn't matter, because Wendell was the to Excalibur the boss. Caeda went shopping, because my Hammer's not in the best of shape.

Marth     Lord       7.43  22   7    0    5   11   13    7    0
Abel      Cavalier  12.17  29   9    0   15   13    4    8    0
Jagen     Drakky     6.39  23   9    1   10    8    2   12    3
Bord      Fighter   12.39  30  15    0   11    8    3    7    0
Darros    Pirate    10.63  27  10    0    3    8    5    7    0
Vyland    Cavalier   6.59  24   5    0    4    9    5    7    0
Wendell   Sage       6.80  23   3    4    3   13    4    5    8
Rickard   Thief      5.73  17   6    0    3   10    2    3    0

LATE EDIT: Way to mess up Wendell's speed, me. . . ;/

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 2 4/10 turns

All but Cord die as they protect Marth on his way, and I use a lot of the Silver Lance. Worse, I use two vulneraries so that Jagen can dish out damage and survive a hit from Gomer. Castor is recruited and kills pirates. This is where most of my meatshields died, by protecting Caeda so that she can attack the boss and survive. I do manage to get the village, at least, and the boss is killed by an EP hit from Jagen, then Caeda, and then finished off by Jagen.

Marth  LRD 1   60  18   5   0   3   7   7   7   0  D--  -   -   -   -   -
Jagen  PAL 2   15  23   7   1   11  8   1   9   6  D-- B--  -   -   -   -
Caeda  PEG 2   62  17   4   1   6   13  9   7   6   -  D--  -   -   -   -
Gordin ARC 2   50  18   5   0   3   5   5   6   0   -   -   -  D--  -   -
Castor HUN 3   60  21   7   0   3   6   3   4   0   -   -   -  D--  -   -

Yeah... I call RN abuse again. Sorry Whitefang.

But Horace tried this yesterday, and couldn't match it without some serious rigging.

He had to get .6 hits, a .3 dodge, and multiple .2 dodges on Caeda to even 4-turn that. Throwing on the Village to go with Castor? Not even.

To top it off, his Caeda had a +2 Str.

So I think I will ask you ONE MORE TIME to redo this run. I apologize, but I cannot condone the rigging this would require.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that boss's name is Hyman, iirc.

Edited by 13th

I never required Caeda to dodge, because she never was targeted (with proper positioning of my meatshields).

I admit, it's not a great chance of success. I had to have 3 hits of .6 (about 1 in every 3 runs). I don't think it's outrageous. In fact, I got a crit and threw out that run and did it until I got the 3 normal hits.

I'd be perfectly happy if you showed screenshots of how these meatshields work, or a video of such. You wouldn't even have to restart.

Just Caeda has to recruit Castor by turn 3, and she's 2HKO'd by all the surrounding enemies. I know getting the village is standard.

I play on a cart, so video and screenshot would be difficult. I can describe it.

Basically, if all the extra units move forward, they'll get hit, except for whoever stops on the bridge. Caeda is not in range on turns 1 or 2. When they're wounded (the undrafteds), the AI targets them first. Caeda is positioned E of the forest tile to recruit Castor. You can count that Castor is 2 spaces from Jagen, who is 10 from Gomer. Marth can be next to Jagen or just behind. Ogma is killed on turn 2 EP after making the battle save. Draug hung back to stop the enemy around Darros from being irritating, then he went onto the fort. He's too slow to be of any use otherwise.

Gordin didn't do much either. On the final turn he goes as far north as possible on the peninsula. He can be hit once if the pirate attacks draug from the north on turn 3 EP.

Castor moves NE of Caeda, killing a pirate and freeing Marth and Jagen. Jagen takes his movement to Gomer and uses the vulnerary again. The three fighers move SW, S, and SE of Caeda. It's important that the one who was on the bridge is not directly S of Caeda, or she will be targeted. Don't ask me why it works this way, I guess the AI likes to be able to group up on beefier units if possible. Cain/Abel (whoever it was) is also still alive, though I can't remember how or if he needed to make a dodge. He was always around on turn 3, though, so the odds must have at least been pretty decent.

From here, the pirates attack the undrafteds. The archer goes after a nearly dead guy, and a pirate or a horseman attacks Castor (he can't fight back). Oh, Caeda also was traded to equip the Wing Spear by an undrafted after pointlessly using a javelin. I believe the javelin strike was irrelevant. Who knows, maybe it made the horseman that she targeted behave differently.

On the final run, Cord survived. I can't remember if this consistently happened or not, but after failing the hits a few times, forgetting how to line up my units, missing, and getting a lucky crit, I felt the chapter was finished when the run went as planned and they all hit normally.

Edited by Whitefang

Chapter 11 - 11/88

Got Octu as a female generic, finally. Reclassed Bord to Mercenary and Darros to Hunter. Reclasses all other generics to Cavalier/Mercenary.

I had to be careful with the first part, as way too many people were doubled by the starting pegasi. Darros did respectable damage with an Iron Bow, but it was way short of a OHKO, so Vyland had to chip. The second part was the rush around to the boss. Abel baited the Horseman, then lured him out so that I wouldn't have to deal with fort shenanigans to kill him. Marth with the Levin Sword and Abel with the Javelin eventually got rid of the dude with Thunderbolt. I put Duadexa on the space the Thunderbolt was, and given a choice, the Sniper went after Abel (it was Duadexa on the left fort, Abel on the right fort with a Javelin, and Marth on the save point). Meanwhile, three other generics, Vyland, Darros, Bord, and Rickard distracted the southern guys so Jagen could hit Anna's house. On turn 9, Caeda and Octu flew into Jake's range. Jake killed Octu, which meant that Caeda could talk to Jake. Abel weakened the guy on the throne and Jake killed him. Duadexa was put on a fort to lure the Manakete. . .and he somehow dodged. Wendell used an Excalibur charge, and Abel got frustrated and blicked the boss (Jagen was in range to Silver Lance FTW). Thought this is two turns off of the ideal turn count, I don't want to gamble with Abel and the Sniper again.

Vyland should've leveled, but he missed three Javelin tosses in a row. ;/

I'm putting Duadexa's stats in here for comic relief, because the Sniper wouldn't target him and the boss couldn't kill him.

Marth     Lord       8.05  23   8    0    5   12   14    8    0
Abel      Cavalier  13.78  30  10    0   16   13    4    9    0
Jagen     Drakky     6.63  23   9    1   10    8    2   12    3
Bord      Mercenary 13.22  27  14    0   19   12    3    9    0
Darros    Hunter    11.65  27  11    0    6    8    6    6    0
Vyland    Cavalier   6.99  24   5    0    4    9    5    7    0
Wendell   Sage       7.44  23   3    5    3   13    5    5    8
Rickard   Thief      7.26  19   6    0    4   12    2    3    0
Duadexa   Cavalier  12.00  20   5    2    5    9    0    7    5

Chapter 12 - 9/97

Reclassed Bord to Fighter.

A special thanks to someone in IRC for listening to me raeg about all the failed restarts.

Here's some of the failures:

1. Abel got blicked by the Sniper (7% or so)

2. Abel missed a 86% and Rickard missed a 77%. The former was inconvenient; the latter was fatal.

3. Bord was blicked by a 1% crit.

4. I left Boah in range of something that killed him.

5. I miscalculated something, and Abel was murdered by three units. This was rectified by a Seraph Robe (which is why I went through the trouble in Chapter 6 to get it).

Ran through the treasure room, with Vyland and Darros picking off thieves. Jagen was on standby with one of the Master Keys I got, and as soon as the boss had died to a hilarious (and unnecessary) Excaliblick, it was off to the races to get my boots. Bord, Darros, Vyland, and Rickard did their best to survive the first reinforcement wave. I managed to snag everything except the Dragonpike, Thunder, and Vulnerary. Duadexa died bravely while switching Abel's weapon from a Javelin to a Ridersbane (that Heal guy got on my nerves, and I wanted him gone sooner than later).

Marth     Lord       8.28  23   8    0    5   12   14    8    0
Abel      Cavalier  15.63  37* 12    0   17   15    4   11    0
Jagen     Drakky     6.69  23   9    1   10    8    2   12    3
Bord      Fighter   13.50  31  15    0   12    9    3    7    0
Darros    Hunter    12.75  27  11    0    6    8    6    6    0
Vyland    Cavalier   7.89  24   5    0    4   10    5    8    0
Wendell   Sage       8.46  23   3    5    3   13    6    5    8
Rickard   Thief      7.26  19   6    0    4   12    2    3    0
Boah      Bishop     1.00  Time to staffbot you to competence!

Chapter 12x - 20

Bord to Hunter, Darros to Mercenary. It's time to play with dynamic growths!

I rushed north as quickly as possible, then used the forest to camp out. I killed the boss on turn 19 with Marth. Rickard was fed some kills, so he can continue to be marginally useful.

Jagen hit D axes. This is gonna rock!

Marth     Lord      10.14  25  10    0    7   14   16    9    0
Abel      Cavalier  16.59  37* 12    0   18   16    4   11    0
Jagen     Drakky     7.53  24   9    1   11    8    2   13    3
Bord      Hunter    14.72  30  16    0   15    8    3    8    0
Darros    Mercenary 14.00  26  10    0   11   12    7    9    0
Vyland    Cavalier  10.09  25   6    0    4   11    7   10    0
Wendell   Sage       9.56  23   3    6    3   14    7    5    9
Rickard   Thief      9.16  20   7    0    5   12    3    3    0
Boah      Bishop     2.44  Still at base

Chapter 13 - 5/102

Reclassed Jagen to Paladin, Darros to Fighter, and Boah to Mini-Pope (Sage).

Marth got to Beck, who passed his Thunderbolt to Jake, who rearranged the boss' face with it (Abel sneezed on the boss to finish). Bord went south to ORKO everything there and get my Hoistflamme. Darros, Vyland, and Wendell went north to silence the stuff up there.

Note that I will not update Jagen's stats, since he did not gain any experience, and he's going right back to Dracoknight in the next chapter. Also, this is the first map that Jake gained a level.

Marth     Lord      10.32  25  10    0    7   14   16    9    0
Abel      Cavalier  17.39  38* 12    0   18   17    5   11    0
Jagen     Drakky     7.53  24   9    1   11    8    2   13    3
Bord      Hunter    15.11  31  16    0   15    9    4    8    0
Darros    Fighter   14.06  30  11    0    4    9    7    7    0
Vyland    Cavalier  10.41  25   6    0    4   11    7   10    0
Wendell   Sage       9.66  23   3    6    3   14    7    5    9
Rickard   Thief      9.16  20   7    0    5   12    3    3    0
Jake      Ballista   2.86  20   5    0    2    3    4   14    0
Boah      Sage       2.60  Still at base
Beck      Ballista   1.60  Sorry dude