Rate the Unit Day 23: Fiora

13th

5/10

I don't like her.

Ratings like this don't get counted in the averaging (or at least, shouldn't).

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8/10

She always seemed like Florina 2.0 to me. I don't have much to else to say about Fiora, though I will admit to being a bit biased toward her.

8/10

I like her better than Florina. No, not the portrait and personality. I save those for Farina. <3

She's alright I guess. Another flier is a nice asset, and she's got fine bases for training her right off the bat. Now all pegasus knights have con problems but... Fiora can probably do with that AS loss for a few lvls and then she gets to promote. Not bad.

That's a pretty terrible reason for rating someone.

I mean I fucking despise Florina but I still gave her like an 8.7 because she's a great unit objectively

It's fine if you wanna give her a 5 but you should back it up with more legitimate reasons.

Ratings like this don't get counted in the averaging (or at least, shouldn't).

Not this shit again! :facepalm:

How dare people want informed logical opinions on a unit's worth when trying to rate the unit's worth?!

Because it's totally awesome to disregard peoples' opinions on a unit when ranking peoples' opinions on a unit, amirite?

You don't see people taking surveys of stuff and going "Your reasoning sucks so I'm disregarding your vote!", do you?

Let's see...

Fiora joins a bit more later than Florina who is likely leveled, now she also comes in with an Axereaver which will make Pirates on her joining chapter a bit less painful. If she's leveled a bit; she can laugh at the enemy mages with that 50% RES growth; although 20% DEF isn't hot. And like mentioned before; she's Florina-lite, and has more mediocre STR than her, 35% growth is kinda eh... versus Flo-chan's 40%.

Now for supports; she supports her sisters, of course and the two Christmas Knights; being the shocking bit is that they all furnish +ATK, being Florina and Sain giving also +CRIT, while Kent and Farina offers +DEF on their side. Hmm... tempting, although a bit tad slow unless you support her with the other two siblings.

Verdict?

7.5, Mostly cause I enjoy laughing at enemy mages while ferrying units.

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

she has nice growths, resulting in a good unit if you go through the trouble of training her. Her joining chapter is horrible to use her for, and she really needs those javelins.

since I assume this is still HHM, I can't give her more than

6/10

Because it's totally awesome to disregard peoples' opinions on a unit when ranking peoples' opinions on a unit, amirite?

You don't see people taking surveys of stuff and going "Your reasoning sucks so I'm disregarding your vote!", do you?

This rate the unit is based on their LHM(if applicable)-->HHM performance. If your vote is not based on that, it's invalid.

As I've said, if this rate the unit is based on personal preference, Lucius gets a 11 and Florina gets a 2 from me. But it isn't.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

We're talking about Fire Emblem, a strategy game, not about some bands or actors where you rate them based on your opinion.

Yes, talking about the characters of Fire Emblem and rating them based on our opinions. Otherwise it might as well just be another tier thread and there's no point asking for to rate units and vote themselves.

This rate the unit is based on their LHM(if applicable)-->HHM performance. If your vote is not based on that, it's invalid.

As I've said, if this rate the unit is based on personal preference, Lucius gets a 11 and Florina gets a 2 from me. But it isn't.

I really don't see how "This is HHM" = "Your opinion isn't valid unless it has super-duper arguments behind it", that's just moronic.

Then fucking do that!

This rating is based on LHM/HHM performances and NOT personal preference.

It doesn't have to have ultralogic as backing, but simply "I don't like her" is not sufficient as it has nothing to do with the premises we're basing the rankings on. Something like "I don't like her because she can't carry as much as Florina does" or "I don't like her because she joins later than Florina and HHM deployment sucks" is better.

The goal of the thread is to rate units BASED ON THEIR PERFORMANCE. Not how much you like them or not. To have accurate ratings, there must be a consistent basis in which the ratings are built on. Don't like how we do things? Go make your own thread. Nobody's stopping you.

No, you don't. Unfortunately, your comparison is disingenuous. A lot of ranking systems (A really good example would be MVPs in sports, or iirc Times magazine's top 100 guitarists list) that are meant to simply show the quality of the thing being ranked only give votes to a select few that are experts on the subject. They're not even holding it to that standard, they're just asking people to be logical, and talk about the units themselves as opposed to what you like and don't like.

All that said, I know that you're gonna dismiss this all with a one sentence answer that dances around everything I said because I've tried to be reasonable with you like 10 times, and every single time you just act like no one's said anything and don't actually respond to any counter points, or present any points of your own except "That's wrong!" or some terrible analogy.

For the love of... Crash, just stop already! It has long since been established that these ratings are based on how well we think the unit performs, not how much we personally like them. And if you'll notice, plenty of people have been biased in their ratings. If you don't like the way these threads are run, you're more than welcome to make your own with its own set of rules. Stop derailing the thread with this nonsense about opinions.

One more thing. I've been keeping an eye on these topics for a while, and I've noticed a trend of people simply quoting another person or just putting their rating without any kind of explanation. Posts like this do not meet our post quality standards and will be removed. Put at least some modicum of effort into explaining your rating, even if it's just one sentence.

If you watch ESPN, when the players are rated on Sportscenter, the guys behind the round table don't say " I don't like him. Therefore, he sucks." They argue why they don't like him, back it up with facts and examples, and try to justify their rating. There is a reason why those guys get paid so much to sit around a table and discuss sports on national tv. It's because it works, and it makes sense.

Now, I know we aren't a sports franchise, but wouldn't the same principles exist here? I mean, we are rating units based on performance in LHM HHM right? Wouldn't it make sense to justify why you come up with some arbitrary number unrelated to the obvious consensus?

Or is that too much to ask?

Edited by Elieson

Fiora is the same as Florina except I like her more (a lot more) and she's a better fighter, but she comes later. My bias balances out the availability but I like her so much more I'm willing to rate her higher than Florina. Barely.

EDIT: Crash, did it ever occur to you that if you're the only one fighting this battle, that might be an indicator that you might be wrong?

Edited by Integrity

If you watch ESPN, when the players are rated on Sportscenter, the guys behind the round table don't say " I don't like him. Therefore, he sucks." They argue why they don't like him, back it up with facts and examples, and try to justify their rating. There is a reason why those guys get paid so much to sit around a table and discuss sports on national tv. It's because it works, and it makes sense.

Now, I know we aren't a sports franchise, but wouldn't the same principles exist here? I mean, we are rating units based on performance in LHM HHM right? Wouldn't it make sense to justify why you come up with some arbitrary number unrelated to the obvious consensus?

Or is that too much to ask?

Agreed completely. And to be honest, this thread isn't even asking you to be an expert. Just to, y'know, try to make some sense and stay on topic.

Anyways.

I've always thought that once Fiora shows up, Florina is fairly redundant. Fiora's "poor" availability hurts, especially a pair of awesome chapters for Flo. But, her bases are much better than Florina, and I don't honestly see Florina getting a ton of training when she ferries so much. Not to mention it seems like a wasted effort, when Fiora is basically Flo 2.0. Of course, it's really easy to give Florina levels in LHM, so I guess that point's pretty moot.

All that said, I would probably still give Flo a 9, and I know Fiora's not quite as good as her, especially when factoring in 16 and 17x (I think those are the right chapters) so 8/10.

I see a lot of comments about Fiora being Florina the Second. Does Florina's slightly lower unpromoted CON matter to anyone?

(not trying to start an argument, just curious)

Well, it slows Flo's AS, but it also lets her rescue Hector's fat promoted ass. Though there's not that many seize chapters after Hector promotes left, anyway, so I guess it's pretty even and it doesn't matter to me that much. If there were more seizes after the promotion of Hector, I'd count it in favor in Florina, but I ranked her higher anyway.

Edited by Luminescent Blade