I feel retarded and need help.

JaketheGr3at

1) Download the game, #1235 Fire Emblem (U). We can't tell you where to get it, of course. or we'd have so this would go by faster

2) If it's a .zip file (most likely) you MUST extract it. In Windows, right-click and hit "extract here". If you're using a Mac, you'll have to do something similar, like ctrl+click and "Extract with StuffLt" or some other program. I know Mac has a program called "The un archiver", that should work, hopefully. I don't have a Mac so >_>

3) A file called Fire Emblem (U).gba or something similar should come out. The most important part is that it has a .gba extension (meaning it's a GBA game file).

4) Download the patch. Extract it just like you did the game, making sure you get the "Elibian Nights.ups" file or something similar. The most important part is that it has the .ups extension (meaning it's a UPS patch file).

5) Put the .gba and .ups file in the same folder.

6) Download NUPS, and extract it. A program called "NUPS" should come out. Open it. If it doesn't work, install .NET Framework (the latest version) or the Mono equivalent for other OS's.

You should see this:

image379.jpg

7) Hit the highlighted button so that you see this:

image383.jpg

"File to patch" is "Fire Emblem.gba" (the .gba game file). The UPS patch is "Elibian Nights.ups" patch. They should be in the same folder.

8) To be safe, hit "Notify" before you hit "Patch".

9) It should patch, and what WAS "Fire Emblem.gba" will still be called "Fire Emblem.gba", but it'll be hacked, since you just patched it. Thus I suggest renaming it "Elibian Nights.gba" or something.

10) Open up VisualBoyAdvance or the equivalent for other Operating Systems. If you don't have it, google it, download it, extract it, and open up the application (hint: it has an icon like a Gameboy Advance). Drag "Elibian Nights.gba" (assuming you renamed it) onto VisualBoyAdvance. It should now play.

Congratulations, you should have now patched your ROM.

If this doesn't work, someone is out to get you, since I don't think I could have been any clearer. No offense, some people just have bad luck. Like me

1) Download the game, #1235 Fire Emblem (U). We can't tell you where to get it, of course. or we'd have so this would go by faster

2) If it's a .zip file (most likely) you MUST extract it. In Windows, right-click and hit "extract here". If you're using a Mac, you'll have to do something similar, like ctrl+click and "Extract with StuffLt" or some other program. I know Mac has a program called "The un archiver", that should work, hopefully. I don't have a Mac so >_>

3) A file called Fire Emblem (U).gba or something similar should come out. The most important part is that it has a .gba extension (meaning it's a GBA game file).

4) Download the patch. Extract it just like you did the game, making sure you get the "Elibian Nights.ups" file or something similar. The most important part is that it has the .ups extension (meaning it's a UPS patch file).

5) Put the .gba and .ups file in the same folder.

6) Download NUPS, and extract it. A program called "NUPS" should come out. Open it. If it doesn't work, install .NET Framework (the latest version) or the Mono equivalent for other OS's.

You should see this:

image379.jpg

7) Hit the highlighted button so that you see this:

image383.jpg

"File to patch" is "Fire Emblem.gba" (the .gba game file). The UPS patch is "Elibian Nights.ups" patch. They should be in the same folder.

8) To be safe, hit "Notify" before you hit "Patch".

9) It should patch, and what WAS "Fire Emblem.gba" will still be called "Fire Emblem.gba", but it'll be hacked, since you just patched it. Thus I suggest renaming it "Elibian Nights.gba" or something.

10) Open up VisualBoyAdvance or the equivalent for other Operating Systems. If you don't have it, google it, download it, extract it, and open up the application (hint: it has an icon like a Gameboy Advance). Drag "Elibian Nights.gba" (assuming you renamed it) onto VisualBoyAdvance. It should now play.

Congratulations, you should have now patched your ROM.

If this doesn't work, someone is out to get you, since I don't think I could have been any clearer. No offense, some people just have bad luck. Like me

Thank you so much. I have no Idea how to do this stuff and this was perfectly what I needed

Some sites will archive an archive. The next step is to (obviously) extract that archive. You want the ROM dude! :) But it's still a bit ambigious as to what exactly you've done and its outcome. Maybe you should show us a picture? use the prntscrn key to take a snapshot of your current screen, paste it into paint and save and upload the image and show it to us if you can't figure it out from where you've ended up.

Edited by Celice

...for christ's sake.

If the patch says that it is a UPS file (windows explorer will tell you) or if it has extension .ups, then you're good to go. Otherwise you click it, go into the folder and there should be an extract option.

Okay and when I right click on the patch there is no extract option, sorry if this is frustrating I have no idea how to do this stuff

What you want is the patch, which will likely end in .ups, and the ROM, which should be called .gba by today's standards. If one or the other is compressed, you will have to uncompress them with something like winzip (comes with windows) or winrar or the like. We're going to assume you're on Windows so far :p

When you have those two files, the .ups and .gba, then follow the image guide posted above.

EDIT: this is where giving us a picture of what you have would be helpful, so that if some how you still can't figure it out on your own, we will be able to direct you visually on how to get part of the process done.

Edited by Celice

You guys are some of the most patient people ever

Not sure about others but I don't think I should be considered patient given that I was about to cuss you out a few times there, but don't mind me, I swear all the time... too much, bad habit

Anyhow you should try to keep this information in your head since many other hacks are patched similarly (which could turn out to be a nightmare if you didn't really understand how you got it to work...).