Rate the Unit, Day 26: Isadora

Iris

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell? We are talking about the same unit that's consistently been in Lower Middle/Low for years, right? Why is she suddenly beating the snot out of Lowen? I mean she does have the best class, but her stats are nothing special for that point in the game, and her growths suck so she's never getting any better relative to your team. All she has going for her is midgame filler, but even then Hawkeye and Geitz are joining really soon and taking over that department.

4/10.

Isadora is probably better than both Geitz and Hawkeye, but even if she wasn't, it doesn't really hurt her rating. I have no capped amount of "midgame fillers", "prepromotes", or "Paladins" in my team.

Even on the efficiency list, Isadora is only Upper Mid, a tier below Lowen, and she's even below Erk, who just barely got above a 6 in this topic. I really don't get how Isadora suddenly became so popular to warrant getting an 8/10 from most of you.

She reminds me of Echidna in a lot of ways, except she has an extra weapon, a horse, and she exists in a game where the enemies are considerably less threatening. I suppose she also (respectively) comes a lot later, but otherwise I'd say Isadora is better. - 8

I briefly considered 9 but I thought that would be stretching it a bit. Her practical inability to effectively wield a steel axe has always been disappointing for me.

Even on the efficiency list, Isadora is only Upper Mid, a tier below Lowen, and she's even below Erk, who just barely got above a 6 in this topic. I really don't get how Isadora suddenly became so popular to warrant getting an 8/10 from most of you.

I'm sure it's because people aren't really factoring in Isadora's much shorter availability.

Ratings are from the unit's performance starting from their first available chapter, IIRC, and not the first chapter period, which is why availability isn't as big of a deal than it is in tier lists.

IIRC in efficiency Marcus takes the first speedwings and dracoshield you get. Does he perhaps need it at the time? Maybe not, but it's better to have it on him than not. I don't remember when the second one comes in and can't be assed to check, but if it's after his base speed + expected level isn't good enough, then taking the first wing would be a smart choice since it will cover through that period when said speed isn't good enough. And most of the units you get earlygame are either pretty scrubby anyway or don't really need the wings, making Marcus the best choice for it. 4 extra avo can't go wrong either, since that's a bit more when you translate it into true hit.

Speaking of speedwings I need to shove another one on to marcus those CoD Valks double half my team argh

Well, besides perhaps Skill Books, it's hardly ever a bad idea to toss statboosters onto Marcus. Actually, is he a good canidate for Afa's Drops or will be he be too high of a level at that point to make a difference?

Too high of a level. I have Marcus at ~ level 13 or 14 then, leaving him 6 more levels until 20. Afa's drops is +5% IIRC so that's .3 in a stat on average. You're best off throwing it on Heath, who has actually pretty good bases despite his low level, and already good growths that'll just get better, IMO.

Well, besides perhaps Skill Books, it's hardly ever a bad idea to toss statboosters onto Marcus. Actually, is he a good canidate for Afa's Drops or will be he be too high of a level at that point to make a difference?

With regular use, I'd wager too high a level for it to make a difference.

like 6.5 out of 10, plus .5 because her official art is pretty nice.

Iffy weapon ranks for a prepremote (although she only really needs C Axes, but A Lances would have been nice). I dunno, I like her, but her durability is definately an issue.

Nevermind that Isa isn't a bad unit at all, "Even Marcus is better" implies that there are units better than Marcus in FE7.

No fucking way in hell.

(not to mention ratings won't be counted anyway because it's like a day past me counting the scores and I ain't adding more to my Gdocs. To be fair I didn't count Horace's either since that's past the time also.)

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Nevermind that Isa isn't a bad unit at all, "Even Marcus is better" implies that there are units better than Marcus in FE7.

No fucking way in hell.

I think the Pallies go like this

Marcus

Sainidin

Kentidin

Sain

Lowen

Kent

Isadora

Of course, I'm wrong sometimes....

Isadora is alright. Ive began using her to really see how she works. Her supports are good and shes totally usable nearly as is.

Pros:

Prepromote paladin.

Good weapon ranks.

Supports with good units.

Free Robe.

Good speed.

Cons:

Bad con for her class.

Robe intended for her but shes not the priority.

Can be seriously outclassed by other pallies.

Marcus exists.

6/10 (biased rating 8/10. i like her.)