SRT J draft the second!

Excellen Browning

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obligatory Team Analysis post:

Vorlent: This beast is unkillable. The drawback is that it's a super with the firepower of a real. It does possess insane endurance.

Nadesico: Will likely get early upgrades for OHKOs. Will be prioritized over Archangel.

Archangel: Meh, I prefer Nadesico.

Mazinger Z: Utterly meh until it turns into Mazinkaiser, at which point, it WILL annihilate everything.

Dancougar: Cash-hog, but that aggresive beast mode offense is beastly.

Layzner: A good real-type, and with the upgrade to Mk-II, insanely mobile.

Baybull: It can resupply, but its main function is to house Simone, who will be a bless-bot.

Aestivalis Hikaru: Has luck for extra cash, and not that bad a unit either.

Aphrodite A: Only got it so it can house my bless-bot no.1 Sayaka.

Iiko Baronz: I like Iiko. :3:

Baronz: For the combo.

Boss Borot: THIS IS WHAT MANLY MEN RIDES TO BATTLE!!!

Bloodykaiser: Julia is yet ANOTHER Bless-bot. :3:

M-1 Astray: Because I like Cagalli.

Edited by Kopfjager

Mandatory team analysis from excellen:

Nadesico: Earlygame powerhouse. Becomes weaker as the game progresses

Archangel: Arguably the better ship of the two if it were to keep all of its pilots. It doesn't so it's worse. Equipping it with a shield is a great idea.

Granteed: Bosskiller and all around powerhouse unit.

Zeorymer: Needed a powerhouse. Hello powerhouse. Too bad you come like mission 15.

Skygrasper : Early grunt killer and support unit

Skygrasper 2: Early grunt killer and support unit number 2

Freedom Gundam: Needed lategame powerhouses and this was available. If all goes will it will destroy endgame with the METEOR and Justice

Justice Gundam: Lategame powerhouse unit with little cost and lots of return. Will destroy endgame with METEOR and Freedom

Brainchild Higgins: Random combo attack grunt

Brainchild Kanan: Random combo attack grunt

Nakki Brain: Random combo attack grunt

Kant Brain: Random combo attack grunt

Eternal: third battleship to support Nadesico and Archangel in endgame because they unfortunately need it.

Duel Gundam: Random Grunt

I chose Calvina as my protagonist, and Vorlent for my Original Unit.

My favorited series were Original unit, Dancougar, and SPT Layzner for maximum gain.

Stage 1: 3/3 turns.

Akito went BANZAI at the enemies with Concentrate casted. Two enemies remain alive on turn 2, so he runs back to base, outside of enemy missile range BUT inside their after-move attack range. Both died in EP 2, and the reinforcements charge Akito. He killed 2 out of the ones that attacked him. On turn 3 I had my team weaken/kill all the full-HP enemies and they suicided on enemy phase. :3:

Stage 1 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 HP, +5 EN.

Stage 2: 6/9 turns.

Nadesico charges straight to the enemies, with Mazinger and Aphrodite trailing behind in in the hopes of leeching off some kills. Nadesico got most of the Battas, with Mazinger and Aphrodite getting one each. Then Nadesico duelled the enemy ships, giving the kills to Mazinger and Aphrodite again on turn 4. This triggers reinforcements and the arrival of Vorlent, who promptly solos the mooks. The last enemy was killed on turn 6.

Stage 2 Intermission:

Vorlent: +3 EN, +2 Weapons.

Edited by Kopfjager

Great Mazinger - balls to the fucking walls this is not that great why did I take this

Aestivalis Akito - woohoo super-late combo attack and dodgy real

Arbalest - machine gun grunt with combo attack

Mao Gernsback - less tanky machine gun grunt with combo attack

Kurz Gernsback - sniper grunt with combo attack

Moebius Zero - MWU LA FUCKING FLAGA oh yeah and Kira can use it I guess

Aestivalis Gai - woohoo super-late or super-early combo attack and dodgy real

Aestivalis Izumi - dodgy real without a combo attack

Rose Gundam - not actually a super COMBO ATTACK

Maxter Gundam - not actually a super COMBO ATTACK

Million Alpha - filler pick

Nadesico - battleship

Granteed - powerhouse

dear god I'm gonna die miserably

Blade + Pegas: Dodgy as hell?

Strike Gundam: Screw you, Excellen. Mine.

Yuu brain: C-c-c-c-combo!

Hime Brain: See above.

Nanga Brain: See above

Lasse Brain: See above

Strike Rouge Gundam: You sound cool

Buster Gundam: You also sound cool.

Soltekkaman 1: See Yuu Brain

Soltekkaman 2: See Yuu Brain

Tekkaman Rapier: C-c-c-c-c-combo! And another Blade, apparently

Hmm...

Combattler V: Well kopf took away Mazinkaiser from me so I might as well grab some other super with ok armor. IIRC this thing packs more armor than Dancougar and if by some miracle Voltes V wasn't drafted, COMBO ATTACK.

Voltes V: This one's actually my favorite of the 2 Vs but I went with Combattler V because it has better defensive stats and I didn't want to screw my earlygame. Again, COMBO ATTACK

Shining/God Gundam: My hand was burning red and it told me to rob this from anyone else who might've wanted it. Its loud roar reminded me of how awesome God Gundam was and G-gundam's a crappy series in this draft so Rising and Nobel Gundam being picked was not likely. A pain at first but God Gundam must be worth it.

Buldy: Earlygame, repair ability, better of the other Lazyner units due to its Shoulder Cannon and the pilot has Hit & Away. Plus there's Simone to deploy when I'll need some Bless usage. I suspect this one will be useful.

Aestivalis Ryoko: Earlygame, didn't wanna screw Camtech out of the FMP! combo attack and Hikaru was taken. Ok unit.

Blue Earth: Healing, Bless, earlygame. That's about it. With this and Buldy I should be able to deal with the Vs crappy armor for the early game.

Dragon Gundam: At this point we were just left with shit to pick with and this IS the better of the G-Gundam boys so might as well grab it. This one should be ok with just some points in mobility and maybe mobility parts.

Rising Gundam: Combo attacks with God Gundam and the pilot has hit & away so I can work around the lack of Focus. Repair to boot.

Bolt Gundam: Goddamnit. Goddamnit. I went with this JUST for the Dragon/Bolt combo attack which doesn't come early. This thing is gonna put a dent in my funds I'm sure.

Aestivalis Akatsuki: More earlygame, decent for an Aesti and I may be able to keep him!

Nobel gundam: Because nobody else had any business getting it and COMBO ATTACK.

Stage 1: 3 Turns. There isn't much to explain here, Akito just attacks enemies so that they're sure to bring out the reinforcements ASAP. Combattler and Blue Earth clean up.

Stage 2: 4 Turns. Combattler V, Blue Earth and Nadesico handled all the initial enemies while Bellzelute took down every reinforcement. Didn't even let Ryoko get a chance to attack. Hit & Away was key for Bellzelute to take down ALL the enemy reinforcements in 2 turns.

24mvvja.jpg

Edited by Sirius

Ret's GO!

Favourite series: Original, Zeorymer, SEED

Main character: Hello Touya

Stage 1: 6/6

Mazinger and Sayaka stay down, Touya takes care of first reinforcements and joins in for seconds.

Granteed +2 HP/EN/Armor

Stage 2: 7/13

Rush. Nadesico lacked ONE missile shot/13 EN needed to 6 turn this chapter. I am a sad puppy. Touya gets Accel.

Nadesico EN +5 Propellant Tank; Cartridge

Granteed Armor +2 Booster; Propellant Tank

Stage 3: 5/18

Granteed's armor upgrades cause grunts to do double digit damage. Very naiz. Granteed goes deal with Gale and his woman, Nadesico heads up left to start dealing with reinforcements. Gale and his woman are both killed on turn 2 EP. Reinforcement boss guy dies on turn 4, everyone else dead on turn 5. The end

Nadesico EN+5 Chobham Armor; Cartridge; Propellant Tank; Repair Kit

Granteed Armor +1 Propellant Tank; Repair Kit

Stage 4: 6/24

This stage makes me realize this game was programmed stupidly. O slave is ALWAYS selected for counter attack when Crushing Finger also gets the job done and doesn't cost EN. Silly programmers. Same thing with the Nadesico. The game picks the weapon that DOESNT kill the opponent.

Nadesico Weapons +3

Stage 5: 6/30

Standard rush thing, nothing too unusual. Don't get the 5 turn because Tekkaman Blade dies.

Nadesico Weapons +1

Granteed HE rader; Booster

Stage 6: 3/33

Totally forget to switch Ruri to main Nadesico pilot. This has now been rectified. Nyway, Kira runs away, Granteed kills a grunt and Nadesico moves in. Granteed moves closer to le Creuset's place on turn 2, attacks him on turn 3, kills him on EP and the mission ends. The GiNNs in this stage hurt Nadesico pretty bad, but Granteed laughs their puny attacks away.

Archangel EN +10 Booster; HE Radar; Propellant tank; Repair kit

Nadesico 2x Chobham; propellant tank; repair kit

Stage 7: 6/39

Ah...! Strike, why can I use you not!? This chapter is pretty easy. Touya solos the left, the battleships go right. Touya then goes right and I mop up. Constantly missing Aegis costs me a turn.

Granteed: HP +2 EN +3 Weapons +2

Stage 8: 5/44

I did stages 1-10 in 62 turns in the previous draft. Let's see if I can at least equal that. This chapter is played the usual way.

Granteed Weapons +1

Stage 9: 6/50

Would have been 5 turns if Archangel had not left the goddamn LAST enemy at 0.5% of it's HP. Archangel kills Dagger with luck and 1.25X money gain.

Granteed Weapons +1 EN +4

Nadesico Armor +2

Stage 10: 10/60

Also known as the long one. This is the chapter I was initially worried I would not be able to beat. Also need to finish in 11 turns. Skygrasper 1 shows up. Which totally reminds me of that plan I had where Touya gets sup attack +1 so he can support attack both the nadesico and the skygrasper for maximum damage per turn. Unfortunately I forget to set up just that. =/ Well, no turning back now.

It takes some twisting and turning but Granteed KILLS Devil Gundam on turn 10. GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA. I take Archangel route

Skygrasper: Weapons +6, Aile Strike Pack; Apogee Motor, 2x Servo Motor; HE Radar

Stage 11: 4/64

I kill Waldfeldt because I want the Hyper Sensor more than some money. It's becoming time to start upgrading Archangel's weapons.

Skygrasper Weapons +2

Stage 12: 10/74

Annoying stage. Lose a turn setting the devices off so none of my units get attacked, then spend 4 or so turns on the rest of the tekkaman enemies, then 3 turns killing SEED units with Archangel going south and Skygrasper 1 and Granteed going north. EVERYONE DIES

Skygrasper 2: Weapons +7 Mega Booster; Hyper Sensor; HE thrusters; Large Generator

Archangel Weapons +1

Stage 13: 7/81

Hime and Yuu do mediocre for a few turns, Granteed shows up and destroys the remainder of the enemies in 3 turns.

Skygrasper 1 Weapons +2 (10) Terrain S Bonus

Stage 14: 9/90

Annoying Layzner 3 wave marathon mission. Kira (in skygrasper) and Touya go up right to take ass and kick names, archangel and skygrasper 2 with Cagalli head up left for the second wave. Somewhere around then Granteed goes down right to deal with the third wave.

Skygrasper 2 Weapons +3 (10) Terrain S Bonus

Archangel Weapons +2(3)

Stage 15: 8/98

Wait! Destruction of Orb is this early into the game!?Also known as "that annoying defense chapter" with the first 2 waves only attacking when they get right next to your units.

Archangel Weapons +2(5)

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Stage 3: 5/14 turns.

Calvina went straight for Gale while everyone else goes inside Nadesico and charges north-east to welcome the enemy reinforcements. Gale got hit on turn 2 and suicided on enemy phase. Nadesico accelerated and sniped to hit Costello on turn 3, and Kouji (with Bless/Cheer on) finished him off on turn 4. I also managed to let Hikaru kill one of the battleships with Luck for more moolah. :3: Unfortunately, the last 2 enemies refuses to cooperate and did not suicide on Vorlent, costing me a turn.

Stage 3 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 HP, +3 EN, +1 Armor

Vorlent: +2 EN, +1 Weapons

Stage 4: 5/19 turns.

Load everyone but Vorlent into Nadesico and have it charge one way while Vorlent charge the other way, converging on Gale on turn 2. Kouji dropped Gale on turn 3. Calvina charges the reinforcements while everyone else cleans up, and she dropped Costello with a single critical shot on enemy phase of turn 4. The last enemies suicided on enemy phase 5.

Stage 4 Intermission:

Nadesico: +2 Weapons

Mazinger Z: +2 HP, +5 EN, +2 Armor

Stage 5: 4/23 turns.

Simple stage. Nadesico and Vorlent did the bulk of the job, while everyone else mooches kills. <3 how enemies cannot punch through Orgone Cloud if I use Iron Wall, making sure that Vorlent is getting full move every turn. The last enemies suicided during enemy phase.

Stage 5 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 HP, +2 EN, +1 Armor, +1 Weapons

Stage 6: 3/26 turns.

Bum-rush the enemy with everyone, while Kira runs away. No enemy would target Kira if they can target Nadesico/Vorlent/Mazinger instead, so the penalty is simple to avoid. Miguel got creamed on turn 3 player phase, spawning Rau and his gang. Vorlent was in range to smack Rau around though, and although I COULD kill off Rau on PP3, I chose to let 8 of his cronies suicide on Vorlent first before kicking his ass on the EP instead. Rau seriously sucks at dodging. WTF at Vorlent having 100% hit on him without any aid.

Stage 6 Intermission:

Vorlent: +1 Weapons

Layzner: +1 Mobility

Stage 7: 5/31 turns.

Straightforward charge for the start, though the Archangel lags behind due to low move and lack of Accelerate. Most of the enemies died and resulted in the enemy gundam quartet spawning on EP2 (LOL at the GINN's strongest attacks bouncing off Nadesico's Distortion Field). Smart placement of Vorlent ensures that 3 of the gundams attack it (and take over 60% of their HP's worth of counterattack thanks to Festenia's Fury.). On enemy phase 5 the 3 remaining gundams (Nicol got offed on PP5) suicided on Vorlent. Lots of Moolah on this map~.

Stage 7 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 Weapons

Archangel: +5 EN

Layzner: +1 Weapons

Stage 8: 6/37 turns.

Put everyone inside Nadesico and Accelerate to battle. Both gundam were downed on turn 3, but I had to waste another turn to drop the Nazca-class. On turn 5 EP, Ruri gets to blow up a truckload of GINNs. Then Rau AND the Nazca lined up... just inside Ruri's MAP range. Three guesses what happened to them. :3:

Stage 8 Intermission:

Mazinger Z: +2 EN, +1 Weapons

Stage 9: 4/41 turns.

Everyone into Nadesico, which charges straight up. On turn 2, Vorlent deploys and heads to one side while Nadesico charges the other side. Dagger came at turn 2, got into attack range on turn 3, and map was done with on turn 4. Easy peasy.

Stage 9 Intermission:

Vorlent: +2 HP, +1 EN, +2 Armor, +1 Weapons

Stage 10: 8/49 turns.

HELL YES DANCOUGAR! NOW I have my boss-killer extraordinaire (And super-money-sink)! Nadesico fetches everyone, then charges the enemy. The last Radam died on PP4, and the Death Army spawns. The Devil Gundam spawns on PP6 (It would attack Domon and net me a penalty if I spawned it on EP5). Work on the Devil Gundam starts on Turn 7, and it dies on turn 8 to a Dankuukougaken, netting Dancougar 9k cash as well as THREE levels per pilot. :XD:

Stage 10 Intermission:

Dancougar: +5 EN, +3 Armor, +2 Weapons.

Stage 1: 6/6 turns

There's gotta be a way to do this in 5 turns, I think I could've if Toya hadn't whiffed a shot against his grunts. Toya goes north, Koji south, Toya has to kill all his grunts on EP so that the rest'll all attack Koji (allowing for the clear the next EP).

Stage 2: 6/12 turns

Spam Gekigan Flare while I have it, I guess. Toya basically steamrolls everything else.

Stage 3: 7/19 turns

I forgot that you could just kill Gale for the chapter end, but I needed the EXP.

Stage 4: 6/25 turns

Basic rush tactics. Could've shaved a turn if Gale didn't decide to die on enemy phase. Ah, Gai, ye shall be missed. In case you're wondering, I spammed the fuck out of double gekigan flare while I still could.

Stage 5: 5/30 turns

First attempt got 6 turns but then Toya decided to dodge the last slow-down-sticky-blob attack before the reinforcements came. Also Blade helped, he died at the right time so everyone would suicide onto Izumi and Toya.

Stage 6: 3/33 turns

Simple enough. Rush to Kira, etc. etc. Tempest Lancer Rau Le Croissant, yada yada yada

---

holy fuck I suck at this game

Stage 16: 8/106

Granteed solo on the brains, skygraspers and Zeorymer do the G gundam grunt wave, then everyone unloads on Master gundam. Zeorymer with bless and cheer kills master gundam for 27k cash and 4 levels.

Zeorymer EN +10 (10) Armor +3(3) Weapons +3(3) EN chip Sniper Scope

Stage 17: 12/118

Annoying SEED chapter. All enemies are under water, unfortunately, and no Touya to save me. Then after waiting a few turns a Cheer+Blessed Zeorymer MAP kills most of Baron Ashura's grunts for 41k cold hard cash then the Baron is killed by luck'd archangel for a furthermore 12k.

Zeorymer Weapons +3(6)

Stage 18:9/127

Mao and Kurz hold out for a while, the reinforcements kill everything left rather quickly and then I spend 2? turns killing off Zaied and his dudes.

Zeorymer: Weapons +1(7) Armor +3(6)

Stage 19: 7/134

This map isn't every enjoyable to play. In any case, one of the Hakkeshu bots needs to die - fast - to keep them from spamming that goddamn combo attack of theirs. Battleships head south and take care of the stuff there.

Granteed Weapons +2(7) HP +2(6)

Stage 20: 12/146

3 wave marathon chapter. Zeorymer and Skygrasper 1 went to deal with initial enemies, Granteed down left for the second wave and skygrasper 2 down right for the other half of the second wave. Skygrasper 2 lost me some turns because it ran out of EN and good attacks. But while wave 2 wasbeing dealt with Skygrasper 1 moved in to help 2, Zeorymer and the battleships moved up right to deal with the originals. Zeorymer once again kills the largest chunk of grunts for 40k-ish money and I begin to deal with Al-Van. Eventually Archangel with luck kills it.

Granteed Armor (7) HP(10) EN(10)

Zeorymer HP+3(3)

Skygrasper 2 EN+2(2) Also gets Sword pack

Stage 21: 11/157

Of course went Archangel route. Another annoying Zeorymer chapter with 3 Hakkeshu bots to annoy me. Mwu la fucking Flaga takes the first wave solo, then I split up units. Granteed and Archangel go annoy Ashura, the skygraspers and Zeorymer go annoy the hakkeshu bots.

Skygraser 1 EN+3(3)

Skygrasper 2 EN+1(1)

Granteed Weapons +1(8)

Stage 22: 6/163

3 brainpowered waves. Nothing too special.

Zeorymer Weapons +3(9)

Stage 23: 6/169

Begin of the mission with the bloody V brothers is bothersome, the rest of it is basically a boss killing excersize.

Both Brainchilds Mobility +3(3)

Stage 24:6/175

Two-part, relatively easy stage. First kill grunts, then kill behemoth, then kill the skull thing.

Both Brainchilds EN +5(5) Weapons +2(2)

Stage 25: 14/189

Fairly annoying chapter. Granteed is beginning to show wear and tear against all of those overpowered V enemies. Time for an upgrade, eh?

Zeorymer Weapons +1(10) Terrain S bonus

Both Brainchilds Weapons +1(4)

Stage 26: 9/198

Another goddamn city defense mission. My god I hate this part of the game.Granteed stays behind to deal with the 4th wave of enemies, everyone else hunts the grunts.

Both Brainchilds Weapons +2(5)

Stage 27: 7/205

Skygraspers take care of initial enemies, Zeorymer of second wave, Granteed and brainchilds of third. The skygraspers then also handle the fourth. The end

Granteed Weapons +2(10)

Double post for updates and topic bump

Stage 28: 12/217

Stupid turnwasting chapter. Granteed deals with the first wave, then everyone heads south and starts hacking in on the layzner bosses.

Kant & Nakki Brains EN+5(5) Mobility+3(3) Weapons+2(2)

Stage 29: 14/231

Wait for reinforcements > kill Zaied > Kill Gauron and Behemoths > Kill Venus (twice) > Kill Baron Ashura twice. The end. Stupid boss marathon stages.

Kant & Nakki Brains Weapons +3(5) Mobility+2(5) EN+3(8)

Stage 30: 12/243

Dear Zeo seems to be missing in deployment once again. Just when I am needing his anti-water capabilities. And after that; Gauron and three Hakkeshu bots and Zeorymer and dem fuckin' Behemoths

Brainchildren Mobility +2(5)

Archangel Weapons +2(7)

Stage 31: 4/247

2 easy waves of SEED grunts. Granteed takes the lead, whatever's left gets finished by the rest.

Both Skygraspers Mobility +4(4)

Stage 32: 12/259

Should be obvious I went the Archangel way. Hakkeshu and Behemoths again. Why can't these fucks just stop spawning. Two of the Hakkeshu bosses are problematic, because killing one of them will trigger Valor + Strike + overpowered MAP attack on the other. Which cleanly knocks off 6K HP on even Zeorymer (and just outright destroys everything with HP lower than that)

Archangel Weapons +3(10) Terrain S bonus

Stage 33: 12/271

THAT G-Gundam stage.Motherfuck.

All Brains Weapons +2(6)

Nakki & Kant Brain Mobility +1(6)

Stage 34: 8/279

Dat nadesico beach episode. Mwu la fickung Flage wipes out all enemies in a mere 2 turns, then we get to appreciate the sight of Blade's sister getting totally butchered. Everyone hurries on down and I start pounding away, kill Lance and Sword in a combo attack and then kill off the other two.

Stage 35: 9/288

Another annoying lategame stage. Brains go up right for Layzner reinforcements, the rest goes down and deals with the SEED units. Then head back up to finish the Layzner dudes. This stage made me realize my Brains need more EN for slugging fests like this.

Brainchildren EN+5(10)

Brainpowerds EN+2(10)

Stage 36: 8/296

Kill Nadesico enemies, then kill Tekkamen enemies. The end.

Saving up for Freedom and Justice

Stage 37: 11/307

Alaska defense. Great. Kira rejoins me in a certain new OP mech

Skygraspers Weapons +1(11)

Freedom EN+10(10) Mobility +6(6) Weapons +10(10)

Stage 38: 9/316

Kira goes top left, everything else takes on the bosses. Then down left to kill original enemies. Zeorymer MAP attacks the 3 bosses.

Justice EN+6(6) Mobility +2(2) Weapons +9(9)

Trips

Stage 39: 6/322

Freedom and Justice deal with the first batch, everyone goes ahead for the second. Zeorymer kills all three bosses once again with a luck'd MAP attack.

Justice Weapons +1 (10) Terrain S bonus EN+4(10) Mobility+4(6)

Zeorymer EN+5(15)

Stage 40: 7/329

Holy shit I suddenly have a lot of units. The second and third wave of enemies appears, and I commence the "kill as many motherfuckers as humanly possible with a Luck'd MAP Hades Attack" plan. Which is quite the success.

Skygrasper 1 Weapons +5(15)

Skygrasper 2 Weapons +3(13)

Stage 41: 9/338

What is with this game and killing your siblings anyway? Gonna try to get all 4 bosses killed with a single MAP Hades for massive moneys on only one bless cast. 93k in one shot thank you!

Granteed EN+5(15)

Archangel EN+5(15)

Freedom EN+5(15)

Justice EN+5(5)

Skygrasper 2 Weapons +2(15)

From here on out, focusing on Zeorymer's HP and then everyone's weapons upgrades is the way to go.

Stage 42: forgot

Freedom and Justice take the south east, Zeorymer and a pair of brains south west, the skygraspers and battleships take north west and granteed with the other pair of brains takes north east.

Zeorymer +7(10)

Freedom Weapons +1(11)

Stage 43: something/352

Boss rushing stage.

Dracodeus Weapons +3(13)

Stage 44: 5/357

Annoying SEED stage once again. I unfortunately don't get to kill the dominion.

Dracodeus Weapons +2(15)

Stage 45: 7/364

Forced to waste a turn on Sword to make sure Tekkaman can retreat the next one. After that I just kill the bosses.

Zeorymer Weapons +4(14)

Stage 46: 10/374

GUNDAM METEOR AT YOUR SERVICE READY TO BREAK ENDGAME. Anyway stuff happens and Zeorymer ends the SEED with a MAP attack. And then ends the Original stuff with a MAP attack.

Freedom Weapons +4(15)

Stage 47: 3/377

I kill the stuff. The end

Justice Weapons +2

Stage 48:

Stage 3: 4 Turns. Gale and company are removed by the efforts of Blue Earth (42% hit rate holy shit) and Combattler V after getting mauled by a fraction of the enemy force.

In anticipation of the reinforcements, everyone was moved and took out Gosterro and company in another 2 turns. Better placement and somer SERIOUS luck would be required to beat this in 3 turns. I'll pass.

Stage 4: 5 Turns/16. Combattler forces Gale into retreat HP by PP2 while Nadesico transports the others.

Bellze comes out to wreak havoc and get Will by turn 3, the others soon follow and the rest of the map is cleaned up. The amount of Katonbos here just makes this impossible for me to 4-turn it. Karla and Gosterro (obviously) killed.

Stage 5: Turns: 5/21. I'm curious to seeing how Kopf got that 4 turn win here. I can't clear the initial horde until about turn 3 enemy phase and the leftmost enemies

always target Tekkaman Blade while it still lives. Bellzelute made through most of the reinforcement horde and ate all of the Radam that did not attack Blade. Stage ended on the player phase.

Stage 6: Turns: 3/24. Managed to avoid having Kira ever being attacked after many attempts of unit placement to change the enemy's targeting. Bellze got in range for

Miguel to attack it on EP2 but he didn't die until PP3 where Nadesico charged in with a Missle attack to finish it off. Fortunately for me, Rau spawns in a location

where everyone who was being transported in the Nadesico could go out and attack him but of course, I dealt the finishing blow with Calvina who needed the Snipe Spirit

just to reach him with O Rifle A, earning me the most amount of dosh tied with Combattler V who still lacks Luck.

Stage 7: Turns: 4/28. A Nadesico with 2 Boosters on it rushes ahead to transport most units. The Gundam Quartet shows up on PP3 and Combattler V + Bellzelute were sent towards

them in anticipation. The Quartet is finished on EP4 when Athrun at 4k HP attacks a Combattler V with 130+ will from 1 Range. Combattler V now has Luck.

Stage 8: Turns: 5/33. 2 Boosters and Apogee motor on Nadesico, accelerates with all units transported and the 2 gundams + Nazca are fallen by PP4. When the reinforcements show up,

the Aestis and Calvina jump into the Nadesico to be transported towards the reinforcements and then Rau is ambushed by the Aestis and Calvina for a victory on PP5.

Stage 9: Turns: 4/37. Combattler V handles the Left Side and Bellze takes the right. Dagger falls to a Fury counter-attack from Calvina, Missile + Calvina Support and a Luck attack from Combattler for best funds. Remainder of the enemies

are scrapped when they attack Nadesico, Bellze or Combattler.

Stage 10: Turns: 7/44. Apogee motor is placed on Bellze, Nadesico has 2 boosters. Deployed units are sent into the Nadesico which results in Bellze, Combattler and Nadesico taking on most of the Radam. The Death Army takes about

2 turns or so to be removed by Buldy and Aesti Ryoko while the Devil Gundam is destroyed on PP7 mostly thanks to Festinia's Fury and Calvina supporting the Nadesico's Gravity Blast and finished off by Choudenji Spin

Nadesico route chosen, Upgrades BEFORE spending cash on Stage 10's intermission are as follows:

Bellzelute: 4 EN, 3 Mobility, 7 Weapons

Combattler V: 2 on each of HP, EN, Armor. 4 Weapons.

Nadesico: 4 EN, 1 Weapons.

Aesti Ryoko: 1 Mobility.

Buldy: 1 Mobility.

242a6b6.jpg

Now I remember why I was hesitant on picking God Gundam. Shining Gundam freaking sucks.

Edited by Big Admin Killjoy

Time to finish this silly game

Stage 48: 14/391

More nukes to annoy me. Fucking marathon mission.

Zeorymer Weapons +1(15)

Justice +4(15)

Stage 49: 12/403

Boss rush once more and I am left wondering what to waste all of that money on

Archangel Weapons+4(14)

Stage 50: 5/408

Ja-Mu is killed in 2 turns. Gu-Landon in the three after that. The end.

Archangel Weapons +1(15)

All Brains Mobility +1(7)

Stage 51: 9/417

bossing rush again, though with lots of ground to cover.

All Brains Weapons +2(8)

Eternal Weapons +4(4)

Stage 52: 10/427

Bossing rush and then the end.

Units and upgrades and items and opinions:

Granteed:

HP+10

EN+15

Armor+7

Weapons +15

Mostly movement and range enhancement parts. Changed to barrier in late game before the upgrade because it's defenses were failing

See kill rankings. More than double the amount of kills made by number 2. Obviously the most powerful and useful unit I had in my arsenal.

Zeorymer:

HP+10

EN+15

Armor +6

Weapons +15

Pretty much ran the same item setups as the Granteed for the entirety of the game.

Number 2 on the kill rankings. The MAP attack it has does 20k damage with a valor at maximum weapon upgrades. Which is kind of impractical most of the time, but GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA when I have to kill lots of bosses with minimal Bless uses. Also comes with it's own awesome Orgon Cloud-lite called the DCS. The only thing that bugs me about this one is the availability it has, which is the worst of the supers. But who cares because he equals the Granteed in single shot damage.

Archangel

EN+15

Weapons +15

The biggest barrier available, sometimes +hit% parts, movement parts and sometimes a +EN part

Number 3 on the kill rankings, just behind the Zeorymer. Not surprising it got as many kills it did, considering I went full Archangel. It was pretty good all the way up to endgame, the end.

Freedom Gundam (METEOR)

EN+15

Mobility+6

Weapons +15

Either a Megabooster or a Super CPU. The Endgame Gundams are basically designed for the Super CPU's

Joins late and is kinda meh when you get it. Then you upgrade the EN and mobility and Weapons and it turns into a monster. Kira had about 120 kills before the Freedom, then had a hundred more added to that in the short period of time he was in the Freedom. Very OP late- and endgame unit. You could also just take one of them because the combo attack on them isn't worth it

Justice Gundam (METEOR)

EN+15

Mobility+6

Weapons +15

Again either a MEgabooster or Super CPU

Kind of worse than the Freedom. For starters Athrun doesn't have Accel, so Kira has to slow down for him. For seconds the METEOR focuses on ranged combat, so his melee focus doesn't do too great. Still managed to get 56 kills in the short time he was available. Again a OP endgame unit but not as good as the Freedom and you could also just take one of them because the combo attack on them isn't worth it

Nadesico

EN +10

Armor +2

Weapons +4

Ran with armor parts and movements enhancers for pretty much the entirety of the game

Basically only used in earlygame. Very important there but saw little use outside of Bless spam later on

Skygrasper 1 (Aile pack):

EN +3

Mobility +4

Weapons +15

2-3 mobility parts for most of the game, movements enhancers and XL Magazines for continued use of Beam Rifle

Mostly flown by Kira, then Cagalli. Again very powerful unit, and most importantly very cheap. Full weapons upgrade costs 120k cash or something and it just outright kills everything in earlygame. Manages to keep on oneshotting everything but super enemies in lategame with the upgrade to +15. Runs out of ammo and EN pretty fast though, which was kind of troubling.

Skygrasper 2 (Aile pack):

EN +3

Mobility +4

Weapons +15

2-3 mobility parts for most of the game, movements enhancers and XL Magazines for continued use of Beam Rifle

Mostly flown by Mwu, then Cagalli, then Dearka. Again very powerful unit, and most importantly very cheap. Full weapons upgrade costs 120k cash or something and it just outright kills everything in earlygame. Manages to keep on oneshotting everything but super enemies in lategame with the upgrade to +15. Runs out of ammo and EN pretty fast though, which was kind of troubling.

Brain Child (Kanan)

EN +10

Mobility +8

Weapons +7

The Brains usually ran with Boosters, HE Radars and leftover mobility parts

They were underpowered grunts. I basically used them for support defending and to let the big guys (Granteed, Zeorymer, Archangel, Freedom, Justice) support attack enemies into oblivion

Brain Child (Higgins)

EN +10

Mobility +8

Weapons +7

They were underpowered grunts. I basically used them for support defending and to let the big guys (Granteed, Zeorymer, Archangel, Freedom, Justice) support attack enemies into oblivion

Brainpowerd (Nakki)

EN +10

Mobility +8

Weapons +7

Brainpowerd (Kant)

EN +10

Mobility +8

Weapons +7

Eternal:

Weapons +4

Was kind of useless. No big surprise there. Since no one needed armor parts I basically put all my best armor parts on it and it had little trouble surviving. Weapons aren't that great and they're expensive to upgrade. It was good for one thing though, support defending my ships.

Duel X-aestivalis and whatever

Didn't fire a single shot in the entire game and therefore irrelevant.

Kill rankings!

First place: Toya - Granteed - 603 kills

Second place: Masato - Zeorymer - 279 kills

Third place: Murrue - Archangel - 262 kills

4th: Kira - Freedom and Skygrasper - 215 kills

5th: Ruri - Nadesico - 120 kills

6th: Cagalli - Skygrasper - 92 kills

7th: Yurika - Nadesico - 68 kills

8th: Kanan - Brainchild - 64 kills

9th: Nakki - Nakki Brain - 57 kills

10th: Athrun - Justice - 56 kills

Random shenanigan:

Kira has more kills than the Brains combined!

Final thoughts:

This draft was cool

Stage 11 Nadesico: Turns: 7/51. Due to the lack of Nadesico and the need for Shining Gundam to reach the destination, I give 2 movement boosting parts to it, can't see a better turn count than that being possible with my units. Domon reaches the Waking Stick, Combattler V builds up its Will so that it can use Choudenjin Spin on Master gundam and the rest setup to have Calvina support attack Master Asia. Master Asia is taken down in 2 player phases at maximum output (Combattler V + Luck + Gain) for 27k. Remaining enemies are removed by Bellze after moving it in anticipation. Note to self, Shot Launcher is suddenly valuable.

Next chapter is the one where Mazinkaiser first appears. Can I set parts on the Mazinger Z even though I didn't draft it?

Decided to re-post and consolidate my early chapters here.

Sirius, about the 4-turn Stage 5, Nadesico and Vorlent never took any movement down status (the attack can't pierce their barrier), so I could get to blade's corner at full-speed. Both also OHKOs whatever attacks them (the tougher ones also get OHKOed after some morale has been gained). Blade died on the enemy phase of the turn after he appears, though no idea if that was pivotal to the 4-turn or not.

Team Performance Analysis:

Vorlent: When I look at this thing, I can't shake the feeling that Banpresto was aiming for a never-say-die bot when they made this thing. Barrier. Bunshin. Sword/Gun/Shield Attachment. Super-level HP and Armor. Decent mobility. This thing is literally unkillable all the way to midgame WITHOUT needing a shred of HP/Armor upgrade. On the bad side, this thing has crappy offense for an SR, with its strongest attack barely matching Bellzelute's. It does make up for it by being retardedly well-supplied. En Regen M when your highest EN-cost attack costs a mere 10 EN, seriously?

Nadesico: I prefer Nadesico over Archangel for several reasons. One is the fact that Nadesico has a far superior post-movement attack, with a 1-5 range missile attack compared to Archangel's 1-2 range vulcan of crappiness. Another is the far superior barrier it possesses. Last but not least is the fact that it not only packs more punch (especially once you get the Y-Unit) but also has TWO MAP weapons. As if that's not enough, Nadesico's pilots START with Accelerate, and Ruri also possesses IFS, which gives her performance a boost at high morale. It helps that Nadesico doesn't need any morale to be able to use its main grunt-OHKO weapon too. Oh, and did I mention EN regen?

Archangel: While Spirit-set wise Archangel seems superior, and stat-wise it looks good, it loses points due to the fact that it loses pilots as the game progresses, and that it does not start with accelerate. This practically relegates it to a secondary role in a speedrun like this. The fact that it needs morale to be able to use its one weapon that can reliably OHKO grunts, has inferior offense post Y-unit, worse barrier, no EN Regen, and UTTER CRAP for accuracy doesn't help endear it to me.

Mazinger Z: Mazinger Z is crap. This is a fact. However, the ridiculousness of Mazinkaiser needs no explanation. It has literally high everything, with insane offense that only gets crazier with Mazin Power. That Mazinkaiser comes in the early teens stages in this game means this is oh so worth the first-round pick I spent on it. A dozen or so stages of mediocrity personified in exchange of having something that will ROFLstomp EVERYTHING for the rest of the game? Yes please. :3:

Dancougar: This things is an investment. If unupgraded, it sucks, and will stay rather sucky as SRs go. Invest upgrades in it though, and it WILL kill whatever you want it to kill. While it does not have Mazinkaiser's durability, it possesses equal offense to it, thanks to Aggresive beast mode. Its main selling point is the combination of OMGWTF offense (MAP attack included) with FOUR pilots, making this a far superior non-combo bosskiller (especially for those pesky I-run-away-at-low-HP bosses with good drops) to pretty much any other thing in the game, pound for pound.

Layzner: Let's see. This is a real-type, so its offense leaves much to be desired... until it gets its V-MAX attack that is, at which point it can and will put a massive dent on bosses whenever needed. It's blazing fast, and can make do with just mobility parts, allowing me to funnel earlygame cash to the SRs that desperately need the upgrades instead. I'm still surprised this lasted till the third round considering it's probably one of the best RRs in the game.

Baybull: Baybull sucks as a combat unit, but I could care less. I drafted this thing for two reasons only. One is so that I will have a unit where I can deploy Simone in, for Bless purposes. Another is to have a resupply unit for those long stages, which also doubles as a level-me-up-fast unit, considering how resupply gives out insane exp per use.

Aestivalis Hikaru: She contributes by Luck-killing motherships in the earlygame, which nets a good amount of extra cash. The unit itself is not getting any upgrades though, and might get ditched for X-Aestivalis come midgame.

Aphrodite A: Having this unit allows me to deploy Sayaka from the get-go, and Sayaka's main use is of course, Bless. It also repairs, which helps.

Iiko Baronz: Iiko comes in a pretty nasty unit despite the late jointime. Invest a little into it, and it'll hold its own pretty damn well, making it a low-investment-high-return pick.

Baronz: Identical with Iiko's Baronz, and having both of them allows me to pull off their combo attack which is even better.

Boss Borot: Boss Borot is the ticket to leveling Sayaka to Bless-using level ASAP via resupply spam. :3:

Bloodykaiser: A pretty decent unit all told, and IIRC even comes upgraded. The main reason I chose this over Grimkaiser is the fact that Julia possesses Bless.

M-1 Astray: It's pretty cheap to upgrade, and with Cagalli at the helm, should hold its own.

X-Aestivalis: Will likely be Hikaru's ride later on.

Grimkaiser: Will not be recruited.

I chose Calvina as my protagonist, and Vorlent for my Original Unit.

My favorited series were Original unit, Dancougar, and SPT Layzner for maximum gain.

Stage 1: 3/3 turns.

Akito went BANZAI at the enemies with Concentrate casted. Two enemies remain alive on turn 2, so he runs back to base, outside of enemy missile range BUT inside their after-move attack range. Both died in EP 2, and the reinforcements charge Akito. He killed 2 out of the ones that attacked him. On turn 3 I had my team weaken/kill all the full-HP enemies and they suicided on enemy phase. :3:

Stage 1 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 HP, +5 EN.

Stage 2: 6/9 turns.

Nadesico charges straight to the enemies, with Mazinger and Aphrodite trailing behind in in the hopes of leeching off some kills. Nadesico got most of the Battas, with Mazinger and Aphrodite getting one each. Then Nadesico duelled the enemy ships, giving the kills to Mazinger and Aphrodite again on turn 4. This triggers reinforcements and the arrival of Vorlent, who promptly solos the mooks. The last enemy was killed on turn 6.

Stage 2 Intermission:

Vorlent: +3 EN, +2 Weapons.

Stage 3: 5/14 turns.

Calvina went straight for Gale while everyone else goes inside Nadesico and charges north-east to welcome the enemy reinforcements. Gale got hit on turn 2 and suicided on enemy phase. Nadesico accelerated and sniped to hit Costello on turn 3, and Kouji (with Bless/Cheer on) finished him off on turn 4. I also managed to let Hikaru kill one of the battleships with Luck for more moolah. :3: Unfortunately, the last 2 enemies refuses to cooperate and did not suicide on Vorlent, costing me a turn.

Stage 3 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 HP, +3 EN, +1 Armor

Vorlent: +2 EN, +1 Weapons

Stage 4: 5/19 turns.

Load everyone but Vorlent into Nadesico and have it charge one way while Vorlent charge the other way, converging on Gale on turn 2. Kouji dropped Gale on turn 3. Calvina charges the reinforcements while everyone else cleans up, and she dropped Costello with a single critical shot on enemy phase of turn 4. The last enemies suicided on enemy phase 5.

Stage 4 Intermission:

Nadesico: +2 Weapons

Mazinger Z: +2 HP, +5 EN, +2 Armor

Stage 5: 4/23 turns.

Simple stage. Nadesico and Vorlent did the bulk of the job, while everyone else mooches kills. <3 how enemies cannot punch through Orgone Cloud if I use Iron Wall, making sure that Vorlent is getting full move every turn. The last enemies suicided during enemy phase.

Stage 5 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 HP, +2 EN, +1 Armor, +1 Weapons

Stage 6: 3/26 turns.

Bum-rush the enemy with everyone, while Kira runs away. No enemy would target Kira if they can target Nadesico/Vorlent/Mazinger instead, so the penalty is simple to avoid. Miguel got creamed on turn 3 player phase, spawning Rau and his gang. Vorlent was in range to smack Rau around though, and although I COULD kill off Rau on PP3, I chose to let 8 of his cronies suicide on Vorlent first before kicking his ass on the EP instead. Rau seriously sucks at dodging. WTF at Vorlent having 100% hit on him without any aid.

Stage 6 Intermission:

Layzner: +1 Mobility

Stage 7: 5/31 turns.

Straightforward charge for the start, though the Archangel lags behind due to low move and lack of Accelerate. Most of the enemies died and resulted in the enemy gundam quartet spawning on EP2 (LOL at the GINN's strongest attacks bouncing off Nadesico's Distortion Field). Smart placement of Vorlent ensures that 3 of the gundams attack it (and take over 60% of their HP's worth of counterattack thanks to Festenia's Fury.). On enemy phase 5 the 3 remaining gundams (Nicol got offed on PP5) suicided on Vorlent. Lots of Moolah on this map~.

Stage 7 Intermission:

Nadesico: +1 Weapons

Archangel: +5 EN

Layzner: +1 Weapons

Stage 8: 6/37 turns.

Put everyone inside Nadesico and Accelerate to battle. Both gundam were downed on turn 3, but I had to waste another turn to drop the Nazca-class. On turn 5 EP, Ruri gets to blow up a truckload of GINNs. Then Rau AND the Nazca lined up... just inside Ruri's MAP range. Three guesses what happened to them. :3:

Stage 8 Intermission:

Mazinger Z: +2 EN, +1 Weapons

Stage 9: 4/41 turns.

Everyone into Nadesico, which charges straight up. On turn 2, Vorlent deploys and heads to one side while Nadesico charges the other side. Dagger came at turn 2, got into attack range on turn 3, and map was done with on turn 4. Easy peasy.

Stage 9 Intermission:

Vorlent: +2 HP, +1 EN, +2 Armor, +1 Weapons

Stage 10: 8/49 turns.

HELL YES DANCOUGAR! NOW I have my boss-killer extraordinaire (And super-money-sink)! Nadesico fetches everyone, then charges the enemy. The last Radam died on PP4, and the Death Army spawns. The Devil Gundam spawns on PP6 (It would attack Domon and net me a penalty if I spawned it on EP5). Work on the Devil Gundam starts on Turn 7, and it dies on turn 8 to a Dankuukougaken, netting Dancougar 9k cash as well as THREE levels per pilot. :XD:

Stage 10 Intermission:

Dancougar: +5 EN, +3 Armor, +2 Weapons.

Stage 11: 7/56 turns.

No battleship + 4 auto-deployed units = 4 free units for this stage. :3: Dancougar charges the walking stick on his own, killing enemies to let the others get morale, while everyone else camps the Master/Devil spawn point. It reaches the stick on turn 5, and Master/Devil spawns on the same turn, right next to the prepared support-attack formation. :3: Turn 5 saw it lost 25k off its 35k HP, and it died on turn 6 to Hikaru with Luck cast on and a Vorlent support attack. Unfortunately, the 6-turn clear cannot be done because one of the buggers were JUST too far away to suicide itself to Vorlent.

Stage 11 Intermission:

Dancougar: +3 HP, +2 Weapons

Stage 12: 6/62 turns.

Kouji managed to tap Baron Ashura on EP3, thus triggering the second part of the map. The second part was a simple Vorlent/Nadesico/Dancougar rampage. The relative toughness of the SR enemies result in the need of taking an extra turn to kill them all.

Stage 12 Intermission:

Dancougar: +3 EN, +1 Armor, +1 Weapons

Stage 13: 11/73 turns.

Free usage of Great Mazinger and Combattler V (UGH) early on, and they both kinda suck, especially V who didn't have a single level so far. :XD: The starting enemies were annihilated on turn 3 and reinforcements + Nadesico spawns then. Immediately charge at the enemies with my whole team, while Zeorymer, Great Mazinger, and Combattler ran into Nadesico. Lanstar and his mooks all got blown up on turn 6 (with Dancougar blowing up Lanstar with a nifty 8.5k critical). Ashura got blown up on turn 9, and then Ashura Mazinger AND a berserk Mazinkaiser comes. This stage SUCKs >_<. Ashua blew up again on EP 10, but then comes Mazinkaiser, and by god this thing HURTS. One Fire Blaster took off over HALF of Vorlent's HP. >_< Fortunately I managed to drop it to below 3k on the next turn. Still, damned LONG stage.

Stage 13 Intermission:

Dancougar: +2 Weapons

Stage 14: 6/79 turns.

Free Voltes for a couple turns, and at least this thing can hold its own unlike the free units from last chapter~. Holy crap these Boazans pack a LOT of HP. I had Dancougar charge in ahead to weaken them up so that they all suicide on the next phase. Work on the Skullrook began on turn 6, with Dancougar killing it off. The last few enemies suicided come the enemy phase.

Stage 14 Intermission:

Dancougar: +2 HP, +2 EN, +1 Armor

Stage 15: 6/85 turns.

ARGH DAMN YOU OMOIKANE! I HATE this stage. >_< Practically a Dancougar/Vorlent solo. Fortunately, the berserk-aestis all focused on the last remaining Boazan on turn 3 EP (Nadesico counter-killed another 2 on that same phase) which triggers Ashura's arrival... followed by MAZINKAISER. HELL YES! Kouji proceeds to solo Ashura's entire army on his own. On turn 6 Kouji weakens Ashura so Dancougar can swoop in to kill him off for double money/Exp.

Stage 15 Intermission:

Mazinkaiser: +1 HP, +3 EN, +3 Armor

Stage 16: 8/93 turns.

Gran Chers. Pffffft. Vorlent charges in and soloes the crap out of the enemies. The last Gran Cher (Jonathan's) was blown up come turn 4. Death army shows up, and Nadesico/Dancougar/Mazinkaiser went straight into the fray. Enemies are downed by turn 6, and Master Asia was blown up on turn 8 after eating some Fire Blaster and Dankuukougakens.

Stage 16 Intermission:

Dancougar: +2 Weapons