Are Lions only part of a royal family?

Junkhead

Well, judging from the fact that Laguz commonly choose their leaders (And probably other Royalty) by strength, then I'd assume that they are of royalty. It would make sense for their style. That and in battles with them being "Other", the only Lion you do see is Skrimir. And Giffica being considered Caineghis' shadow, he may count as royalty as well (Not too sure on that). So that may seem to be one of the more logical ways of thinking on the lions. That's just me though.

Given that strength = power in Laguzia, it makes sense that all the lions would be part of the aristocracy one way or another - either as the royal family or as Giffcas.

Historically, Heron royalty are always white-winged and Dragon royalty are always Black Dragons.

In other cases, I guess it's possible, although unlikely, for a Cat or Tiger to become beast royalty if they were really strong enough.

Historically, Heron royalty are always white-winged and Dragon royalty are always Black Dragons.

In other cases, I guess it's possible, although unlikely, for a Cat or Tiger to become beast royalty if they were really strong enough.

I believe that the question was not whether a non-lion could be a royal(since we know it's based on strength, it is possible), but rather, whether or not there are any lions that are not linked to the Gallian royalty. Atleast, that's how I gathered the question.

What's always confused me is that, if heron royals have white wings, why doesn't Lehran?

Also, even though laguz choose leaders based on strength, that strength is clearly hereditary. It seems just assumed that the next in line of the current kings family will be the strongest, so while they don't really have "royal families", they do have dynasties of sorts.

What's always confused me is that, if heron royals have white wings, why doesn't Lehran?

I always figured he wasn't a royal, just a very prominent commoner in Heron society. Since herons are atypical of Laguz, as in they aren't notable for "strength," I wouldn't be surprised if they had a legitimate royal family, like Beorc do, so non-royal herons could be stronger than royal ones, hence Lehran.

Also, even though laguz choose leaders based on strength, that strength is clearly hereditary. It seems just assumed that the next in line of the current kings family will be the strongest, so while they don't really have "royal families", they do have dynasties of sorts.

This is pretty much how I see it, as well. Chances are, if one of your parents was strong enough to be the king/queen, you're probably strong enough to be a contender for it, though there's always a chance you won't end up being the strongest.

Kinda off topic, but this made me think of breeding. Obviously dragons have no problem with it, but what would happen if, say, a tiger and a cat had a kid, if it's even possible?

Edited by bottlegnomes

I always figured he wasn't a royal, just a very prominent commoner in Heron society. Since herons are atypical of Laguz, as in they aren't notable for "strength," I wouldn't be surprised if they had a legitimate royal family, like Beorc do, so non-royal herons could be stronger than royal ones, hence Lehran.

Actually Herons pick their royals based on how much of a wimp they are. This is why Lorazieh remains the king despite being an invalid.

Kinda off topic, but this made me think of breeding. Obviously dragons have no problem with it, but what would happen if, say, a tiger and a cat had a kid, if it's even possible?

Naesala and Leanne have children, one raven and one heron.

I think the rules for that kind of laguz cross breeding are gender based because their daughter is a heron and their son is a raven. So sons and daughters are the same as fathers and mothers respectively.

Actually Herons pick their royals based on how much of a wimp they are. This is why Lorazieh remains the king despite being an invalid.

lol I really hope that's actually how they do.

Okay. Haven't payed attention to the epilogue in a long damn time. But yeah, going by that, what black plague said sounds right.

I dunno if I should throw a slight spanner in the works, but in the Japanese version, Leanne is stated to have a "black-winged" boy and "white-winged" girl. Although I'm not sure if herons can have black wings (Lehran has brown-ish ones IIRC), you could interpret as her having two Heron children or a Raven and a Heron.