~*The Comprehensive Fire Emblem 7 Errors Topic*~

Geriba

...and FE7 (despite being the best game ever) has a number of them. Script errors, typos, glitches- anything not intended by the game creators, in other words- is fair game. I may make a separate category of errors that arguably improve the game despite being accidental. Let's start things off:

Script Errors

-In Ch.17H, Bernard's description calls him the Knight Commander of Bern, not Laus.

-In Chapter 24H, Legault shows up and speaks during the chapter introduction even if he's been unrecruited/killed off.

-If Lowen recruits Harken in Ch.27H, he refers to Isadora as "Isabella."

-During the Ch.32x intro, "quickly" is misspelled "quicky."

-When Renault fights Nergal in any version of Hector's mode, "eking" is misspelled "eeking."

-During the final turn count roll, "Imprisoner of Magic" is misspelled "Imrisoner of Magic."

-When one gives Afa's Drops to a character, he or she will appear in Battle History and comment on one's performance. Jaffar's S/A Rank dialogue has a typo, replacing "hear" with "here."

-The Wind sword and Dragon axe weapons, both acquired through the Double Dash!! bonus disc, have glitchy descriptions, likely caused by the text being too lengthy to fit inside the description box.

-The French version thinks Forblaze is a pastry

Graphical Errors

-In Ch.18x/19x, there is a mysterious but perennially referenced glitch where an enemy mage adopts Eliwood's map sprite. I've never heard a clear explanation, but it seems to have something to do with a) the mage being on a fortress tile, and b) being within the magic seal.

-During the scene where Eliwood mistakenly kills Ninian, his mug sometimes changes to a black shade; happens randomly, and the cause is currently unknown. [EDIT: Just played through the game again on an emulator, and surprise surprise, the black mug showed up. I'll be considering this one an emulator-only glitch unless more evidence is provided.]

Gameplay Errors

-The mine trick, in all its glitchy glory.

-Devil axe glitch. Not too sure how it works; someone can volunteer to type up a better description. Note that this leads to a game crash which requires the chapter be restarted to progress.

-In Ch.4, the brigand reinforcements from the southeast inexplicably have a C-rank in swords.

-In Ch.5H, Erk will occasionally kill the archer via critical during the scripted battle, but the enemy archer's sprite will remain. Once attacked, however, the sprite disappears.

-During the transition from Lyn Mode to Eliwood/Hector mode, Rath's constitution always drops from 8 to 7.

-During Ch.28E, a mounted unit can perform a "console-style" canto, i.e. move after attacking a la FE4/5, when attacking atop one of the fire tiles.

-If Bartre talks to Karla during Battle Preparations with anything that isn't an axe or a bow in the first slot of his inventory, the game will crash. Note that this can be avoided if one presses "Start" to skip the battle scene altogether.

Errors Needing Confirmation

-In Lyn Mode, "abilities" is spelled "abilties" twice in reference to Erk and Serra. [NOTE: I found this on a GameFAQs topic, but can't confirm its credibility. Someone want to jump in?] (Script Error)

-At one point, Raven mistakenly refers to Lucius as a "she." [NOTE: This was listed in the trivia section in one of the many Fire Emblem wikis, but no source was given. It's not in any of the support conversations.] (Script Error)

Please, add more!

Edited by Jaffar7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When going to recruit Karla, have the first item in Bartre's inventory be an item (like Elixir or Iron Rune) or a weapon that Bartre can't use (pretty much anything except for an axe or bow), and glory at the way the game crashes.

When going to recruit Karla, have the first item in Bartre's inventory be an item (like Elixir or Iron Rune) or a weapon that Bartre can't use (pretty much anything except for an axe or bow), and glory at the way the game crashes.

Fascinating. Can this be fixed via reset, or does it require starting the chapter over a la the Devil axe glitch?

IIRC Eliwood's sprite sometimes goes black around that time when he kills Ninian. Doesn't happen all the time, but on my last run, that happened.

You mean greyed out, right? As in the same as when a unit ends his or her turn?

Fascinating. Can this be fixed via reset, or does it require starting the chapter over a la the Devil axe glitch?

I don't remember. Simply resetting and hitting "resume chapter" would start you off with Bartre speaking to Karla, and ultimately, going to the battle, and crashes (the crash is caused by being unable to display the battle animation, I think).

Although I think if you hit the Start button during the conversation, but before the battle, everything"ll be done off screen, and the game will fade to whatever the end result is (either Bartre and Karla being alive, Bartre alive because he killed Karla, or nobody being there since Bartre died and Karla left).

IIRC Eliwood's sprite sometimes goes black around that time when he kills Ninian. Doesn't happen all the time, but on my last run, that happened.

Yeah but i think that only happens in Eliwood mode. I was playing it on a rom and that happened and i was all "wut." I also had an A support between Eliwood and Ninian. I dont recall that happening on Eliwood mode otherwise. Hmmm...

Heres one that nuts me up. For a good portion of the early game. (Lyn mode and a few chapters of Eliwood/Hector mode) the box that displays HP on the battle animations have odd little glitch marks in them. It seems to be in the game code cuz it was the same way on the rom. weirdness.

I just remembered something. I think I once replicated the canto-after-attack glitch on that chapter where you fight Limstella. If I'm not mistaken, I stuck one of my mounted units in the most upper left corner of the map, between the two fortresses where the falcon knights appear, and after I attacked a falcon knight I think my unit was able to move again. This was a while ago ... so I can't remember it exactly. And it may have been a one-time thing. I would test it myself, but I'm currently nowhere near that chapter.

Yeah, I've seen that one several times (and actually use it to my advantage), but it seems like most people know that glitch at least. As far as I knew, that was the only chapter where you can reliably replicate the glitch, but ... I think I was able to move my mounted unit again every time after he attacked the falcon knights. Maybe it's that one square?

In the final turncount roll, "Imprisoner of Magic" is spelt "Imrisoner of Magic". I just noticed when watching Bal's final turncount roll.

Also, Erk can crit the archer in his chapter 5 scripted battle, leaving the archer with 0 HP, but he stays "alive" on the map. When you attack him you tink him and then he dies.

The bandits with C Swords that Anouleth mentioned are the reinforcements in the southwest part of chapter 4.

-If Bartre talks to Karla during Battle Preparations without an equippable weapon, the game will crash. Note that this can be avoided if one presses "Start" to skip the battle scene altogether.

I think you misunderstood me. If he talks to Karla with anything that isn't an axe or a bow in the first slot of his inventory, the game crashes.

I don't remember what happens if he doesn't have any items at all, but I think Karla simply leaves.

I also think yo need to have an axe or bow somewhere in his inventory (just not the first slot). I don't remember exactly though.

Don't forget, in the Eliwood mode only level with the Berseker, Georg. When a unit finishes an action on a fire tire, and has movement left over, it can perform a console style re-move

I think that's deliberate.

I just remembered something. I think I once replicated the canto-after-attack glitch on that chapter where you fight Limstella. If I'm not mistaken, I stuck one of my mounted units in the most upper left corner of the map, between the two fortresses where the falcon knights appear, and after I attacked a falcon knight I think my unit was able to move again. This was a while ago ... so I can't remember it exactly. And it may have been a one-time thing. I would test it myself, but I'm currently nowhere near that chapter.

That's not deliberate, for some arcane reason the four corner tiles in every map let you canto off them.

Edited by Anouleth

I too noticed the move after attacking thing in Valorous Roland. Happens after finishing combat on a fire tile.

I also noticed that only mounted units can do it. Hector didn't move after attacking and got burned afterwards.

It happens to me every time. At some point, Eli's mug goes black for a while. It's not a fatal glitch, but it's still kinda distracting.

Edited by Baby Bonnie Hood

That's not deliberate, for some arcane reason the four corner tiles in every map let you canto off them.

I just tested this on Ch.18xE, and it wasn't true for either the bottom-right or top-right tile for either fliers or cavaliers. If this is true, it's only true in specific instances. The fire tile one's legit, though.

I just tested this on Ch.18xE, and it wasn't true for either the bottom-right or top-right tile for either fliers or cavaliers. If this is true, it's only true in specific instances. The fire tile one's legit, though.

Oh, maybe it's just the top left then?

In LHM Erk can sometimes get a critical on the archer in Chapter 5's scripted battle. Instead of dying, though, the archer remains on the map with 0 HP and dies the next time somebody attacks it.

Bernard's description calls him the Knight Commander of Bern, not Laus.

Also plot holes coming out the ass, but I wrote a 20 page essay on that topic already.

Ah yes, that essay. I actually read it before signing on here. It was... interesting.

P.S.: Nergal opened the Gate by himself because he apparently had Ninils' dragonstone and infused it with the recently slain Ninian's essence, not sure how he stole them without anyone noticing during that cutscene but eh.

P.P.S.: Where's that FE8 essay? You promised one :(