~*The Comprehensive Fire Emblem 7 Errors Topic*~

Geriba

Okay, I'm at VoD again, and I tested that canto glitch with Heath. There is indeed a canto glitch at the upper left hand corner, although I'm not sure about anywhere else on the map.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another script error, I think: In the Nino/Merlinus B support convo, Nino says a bit of dialogue that looks like it should've been spoken by Merlinus instead.

Nino: Now you’re going to listen closely to old Merlinus here, because...

Not exactly an error, but something I found the other day. I had a Lyn with 99 EXP at level 7 ending C7, and when I got to the C8 prep screen, she was now level 8 with 0 EXP, and her stats had gone up like a normal level. After saving and restarting the chapter, her EXP had gone up by one and she was now 8.01. This is due to her avoiding the ballista at the cutscene at the beginning of the chapter.

So if you were really bored, you could potentially get Lyn to level 20 in that single chapter by resetting, getting to the prep screen, saving, and resetting again. This should also work in another chapter where a battle happened during a cutscene (can't remember any others though, at least in this game).

Not exactly an error, but something I found the other day. I had a Lyn with 99 EXP at level 7 ending C7, and when I got to the C8 prep screen, she was now level 8 with 0 EXP, and her stats had gone up like a normal level. After saving and restarting the chapter, her EXP had gone up by one and she was now 8.01. This is due to her avoiding the ballista at the cutscene at the beginning of the chapter.

So if you were really bored, you could potentially get Lyn to level 20 in that single chapter by resetting, getting to the prep screen, saving, and resetting again. This should also work in another chapter where a battle happened during a cutscene (can't remember any others though, at least in this game).

That is quite awesome. Now I want to see it for myself. :P Of course, I highly doubt I'd be bored enough to try to get Lyn to level 20 in that chapter by resetting and stuff, but I'd be kind of impressed if someone WAS bored enough to do so. Then I'd pity them for having nothing better to do.

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread, but when Kent and Sain first meet Lyn, they mentioned that her parents eloped 19 years ago. But in Kent and Wallace's support (can't remember which level specifically), they say that Madelyn and Hassar eloped 16 years ago. Looks like someone forgot to change that. :P

I had a Lyn with 99 EXP at level 7 ending C7, and when I got to the C8 prep screen, she was now level 8 with 0 EXP, and her stats had gone up like a normal level. After saving and restarting the chapter, her EXP had gone up by one and she was now 8.01. This is due to her avoiding the ballista at the cutscene at the beginning of the chapter.

A similar thing happens with Rath. You can bench him for all of Lyn mode, and he'd still have a bit of exp and a win record of one at the end. All from that one mercenary he took out in that cutscene.

In Louise's supports with Heath and Erk, "Reglay" is sometimes misspelled as "Wrigley."

Tactics, Experience, and Funds requirements of all Hector-exclusive chapters are 0.

When Dorcas talks to you in chapter 12, he says that Natalie is still in Pherae; but she wasn't in Pherae the last time you saw her.

Edited by Paper Jam

A 12/1 Wallace (which is essentially his base level in LNM) has 15 strength and 17 defense. However, should the player choose to skip Lyn's mode and jump straight into ELiwood's/Hector's mode, he shows up as at --/1 with the same stats as his 12/1 version except he has +1 strength and +2 defense. Seeing as every other unit that shows up with higher base stats in Eliwood's/Hector's mode also shows up at a higher base level, Wallace seems unusual. So this might be a possible error, I'm not sure.

Edited by Albino

A 12/1 Wallace (which is essentially his base level in LNM) has 15 strength and 17 defense. However, should the player choose to skip Lyn's mode and jump straight into ELiwood's/Hector's mode, he shows up as at --/1 with the same stats as his 12/1 version except he has +1 strength and +2 defense. Seeing as every other unit that shows up with higher base stats in Eliwood's/Hector's mode also shows up at a higher base level, Wallace seems unusual. So this might be a possible error, I'm not sure.

I think I know why this is. In FE6 the promotion gains of the male General are near identical to the FE7 one except the former gets 2 more def and 1 str.

So they probaby calculated the stats for General Wallace using the FE6 promotion games and after altering the promotion gains they forgot to update Wallace stats. If you play Lyn's mode the stats transfer directly so he suffers from FE7s lower promotion gains.

Look:

FE7

HP+4 Str+2 Skl+2 Spd+3 Def+2 Res+3

FE6

HP+4 Str+3 Skl+2 Spd+3 Def+4 Res+3

Edit:

Note to myself: Don't copy and paste several values at once from tables.

Edited by BrightBow

I think I know why this is. In FE6 the promotion gains of the male General are near identical to the FE7 one except the former gets 2 more def and 1 str.

So they probaby calculated the stats for General Wallace using the FE6 promotion games and after altering the promotion gains they forgot to update Wallace stats. If you play Lyn's mode the stats transfer directly so he suffers from FE7s lower promotion gains.

Look:

FE7

HP+4 Str+2 Skl+2 Spd+3 Def+2 Res+3

FE6

HP+4 Str+3 Skl+2 Spd+3 Def+4 Res+3

Edit:

Note to myself: Don't copy and paste several values at once from tables.

Makes sense. If that's the case then I think this would qualify as an error, albeit a beneficial one.

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread, but when Kent and Sain first meet Lyn, they mentioned that her parents eloped 19 years ago. But in Kent and Wallace's support (can't remember which level specifically), they say that Madelyn and Hassar eloped 16 years ago. Looks like someone forgot to change that. :P

Considering Lyn was 15 in the original FE7, makes sense. You'd think, though, that after adding the boob jiggle, they'd make sure Lyn was 18 on all accounts.

Errors Needing Confirmation

-In Lyn Mode, "abilities" is spelled "abilties" twice in reference to Erk and Serra. [NOTE: I found this on a GameFAQs topic, but can't confirm its credibility. Someone want to jump in?] (Script Error)

I decided to check this for myself, and I took some screens to show what I found.

Since it wasn't specified whether this was found in either the American or European version, I went the extra mile to play Lyn Mode on both games.

[spoiler='FE7 Ch. 5 NA vs. EU]American

217tc7.jpg34t4uv7.jpg

European

b87dww.pngxmiwt5.png

So...this myth's been busted! It's not true at all!

It's not really an error. There is only one "Wallace" character in the data, while all of the other tutorial characters have two versions, one for Lyn Mode and one for if you skip Lyn Mode. Wallace's base stats if you promote him are equal to his absolute bases + Knight bases + promotion gains, or outside of Lyn Mode, are equal to his absolute bases + General bases since he is spawned as a General instead of as a Knight. And it just so happens that Knight bases + promotion gains are lower than General bases. Technically, Wallace has the same base stats in both modes and is the same character.

It's not really an error. There is only one "Wallace" character in the data, while all of the other tutorial characters have two versions, one for Lyn Mode and one for if you skip Lyn Mode. Wallace's base stats if you promote him are equal to his absolute bases + Knight bases + promotion gains, or outside of Lyn Mode, are equal to his absolute bases + General bases since he is spawned as a General instead of as a Knight. And it just so happens that Knight bases + promotion gains are lower than General bases. Technically, Wallace has the same base stats in both modes and is the same character.

But the promotion gains are calculated by the difference in base stats between classes, so they can't be different. At least that's how I always interpreted it, after comparing the bases of the classes with their promotion gains.

I mean, all the numbers I compared were consistent with that assumption. I guess they could have set values for promotion gains and class bases independent from each other, but why would they have bothered if they stick mostly to that formula anyway?

Edit: Ah, darn. The numbers I compared were from FE6, but in FE7 there were always abnormalities from that formula. But in FE6 it's usually consistent that "Promoted-Class bases - Base-Class = Promotion gains". Seeing how both games use the same engine, I didn't expect that they stored separate values for that stuff when they are consistent with each other so I didn't confirm it. My bad.

Edited by BrightBow

i dun know if this counts as an error but some retarded programmer thought it would be a good idea to determine boss music with an int[][] instead of a regular byte array

HHM Chapter 17x, the one where you recruit Canas, I used the mine trick to buff my dudes up. So I restart as normal and the game resumes, but at some random point during the chapter the game will act like it was my first playthrough (non sped-up unit movement, no B/W/L in the info) and if you try to suspend again it'll always resume at the point where it started to glitch up. Like, Hector was attacking that paladin man who shows up as the filler boss with a hand axe, he had no weapons. This is when the game started slowing down the units. So I go through the rest of the enemies and head to the arena and use that restart trick to get out of scary matchups, and when I resumed it jumped back to when Hector was attacking the paladin guy. I restarted 5+ times to see if it always happened and every time it did that! Also I beat the chapter just to see what happened and when it prompted a save after the chapter's end, it flipped the file around and made that little noise and everything but the data didn't change. I tried saving over all three files during the battle preparations in ch18 and same thing. The suspend status didn't even change over ch17x. Wtf man

complaining

i've never seen that before

ever

and i mine glitch like all the time

the only time i've ever seen something remotely like that when i was memory hacking to see if i could swap phases at will

and then it turned out i fucked up the .sav file

i've never seen that before

ever

and i mine glitch like all the time

the only time i've ever seen something remotely like that when i was memory hacking to see if i could swap phases at will

and then it turned out i fucked up the .sav file

yeah it was the weirdest thing that happened. i tried deleting/restarting all the files and when i tried to restart the epilogue file it erased all the memory -_____- most depressing part is that i'll have to suffer through Eliwood easy for an entire pt.

• 2 weeks later...

The French version contains one particular translation oddity: Forblaze is called "Éclair"... which (pastry aside) means "lightning". It's pretty obvious that Forblaze isn't a lightning tome (or a food tome for that matter). I could easily be wrong on this, but I can't find any indication that "Éclair" has an alternate meaning of anything more relevant to or fitting for Forblaze.