Game of thrones season 2

Aizenberg

i dont remember dagmer cleftjaw ever being in book 2 or is it just me who thinks that

He pretty much disappears after they take Torrhen's Square and the Stony Shore in Clash of Kings, which is why you wouldn't remember much of him.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, without it I would have been very confused as to why Melisandre felt the need to cast spells from her uterus rather than her hands like traditional magical people.

I wasn't confused when it happened in the book.

He was in Book 2, but his role was to get Theon to Winterfell and seize it, that's all. Now they expanded his role to fill the missing gap left by Reek's ausence.

Sorta expanded, sorta diminished. He was pretty much a mentor to Theon in his childhood before, as opposed to 'guy who really should be in charge but isn't for whatever fucking reason'

Speaking of which, I do like that it's placing emphasis on how fragile and shit Theon's leadership is. I like the bastard, but that doesn't mean he's actually competent.

Yesss, Show-Theon is an awesome love-to-hate character--like Joffrey--and Alfie Allen is doing an absolute beast of a job as Theon.

Thing I thought was odd... couldn't Jaime have just knocked Alton out cold? If he looked like he was mauling the guy Torrhen Karstark would still have gone over... ah, well.

Thing I thought was odd... couldn't Jaime have just knocked Alton out cold? If he looked like he was mauling the guy Torrhen Karstark would still have gone over... ah, well.

It prevents them from having to keep Cleos around, I guess. And makes Jaime look more James Bond Villain Evil Looking. Well, the line was really good ("you'll have to die") and the scene was well-constructed, but it seems a bit extreme for Jaime, I think.

Sorta expanded, sorta diminished. He was pretty much a mentor to Theon in his childhood before, as opposed to 'guy who really should be in charge but isn't for whatever fucking reason'

Speaking of which, I do like that it's placing emphasis on how fragile and shit Theon's leadership is. I like the bastard, but that doesn't mean he's actually competent.

I like how they're portraiting it too, but he was that incompetent in the book already. That's the way it should be. Too bad the other characters are missing a lot of the limelight, like Jon. >:

I like the Robb of the series more than the Robb of the books. For Jon Snow, it's exactly the opposite, which kind of makes me sad, but it's necessary in order to focus on the War of the Five Kings more.

The Jon of the series seems to be highlighted to be a fucking moron. Doesn't help that Kit Harington does have the unfortunate habit of leaving his mouth a little open all the time...

He's still a great actor, but the way Jon's being written is just "STOP GIVING THIS MAN MORE CHANCES FOR ONE FLUKY WIGHT KILL"

Edited by Furetchen

as long as he gets his last scene with Qhorin (which looks like it's going to happen!) I will be happy.

The Jon of the series seems to be highlighted to be a fucking moron. Doesn't help that Kit Harington does have the unfortunate habit of leaving his mouth a little open all the time...

He's still a great actor, but the way Jon's being written is just "STOP GIVING THIS MAN MORE CHANCES FOR ONE FLUKY WIGHT KILL"

Jon was never a major character in the start of the series (books included), but he just seems retarded to me. As long as they give him attention in the following seasons, I'm fine with it (which they probably will, because they'll have more episodes... 12, if I'm not mistaken).

Now I just wonder how the Reed siblings will get to Bran.

Both are wrong, the third season will have 10 episodes as it always does, but D&D have said that they're looking at adapting the series as a whole and not novel-by-novel, so we can probably expect season 3 to cover Storm up to a certain event.

blackwater episode

so immense

the special effects like the wildfire scenes were brilliant

the hound, good as usual

cersei was also great

easily the best episode of season 2. well

lets see how the finale will turn out

house of the undying, my favorite scene off book 2

bwhXV.gif

tumblr_m4eb704sGG1qb684yo3_250.gif

^my face during the episode.

Gawddamn that was a great episode. Im almost finished with the first book and will start the second soon. Im excited to see how this season is gonna end.

(Dany finally enters the House of the Undying! Thats gonna be cool!)

So what did we all think of the season finale?

[spoiler=TV spoilers (ok if you haven't read the books)]

Incredible episode. Looks like the tenth episodes to come are going to be very similar, with them tying up a lot of loose ends and sending everyone out on their respective journeys. Jaqen was as creepy as I'd hoped he'd be, and Dany's House of the Undying visions were absolutely breathtaking. Drogo and Rhaego had me nearly in tears and the wintered, destroyed throne room scene was amazing. I can imagine that the Qhorin scene might confuse TV-viewers, though. Still, great episode, as always. I've liked all of them so far except maybe #18 since not a lot happened in that one, but this was a perfect setup to the next season. Theon's scene with Maester Luwin was great, Maester Luwin was great in general, fucking love Bran and Rickon, etc.

[spoiler=book spoilers]

I'm just gonna say it, though. I wish they'd had casted Reek. I know that we wouldn't have been able to fit him in anyway, but damn, Theon's last book chapter in Clash is awesome in so many ways. Having Theon's point-of-view of Winterfell burning would have been really great. I guess it's not too late to put it in as a semi-flashback in Season 3, but... oh well.

I felt really bad for Doreah in this one. Book Doreah dies in the Red Waste so I guess she always had the reaper stalking her but her betraying Dany left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Admittedly there wasn't anywhere her character could really go, but... come on, did you have to lock her in a room full of nothing? Xaro will probably end up eating her too :(. I suppose this means we won't hear anything more from him.

Brienne and Jaime are perfect as always. There should be a buddy comedy about them that's a spin-off of Tyrion and Bronn. "One and a Half Men" and "One Man and a Shemale"?

No RW vision in HOTU did upset me a little bit, though the ones we did get translated to screen very well.

Bleh. Too much typing for me. All in all, good episode. I'm going to go to sleep for another 10 months so that I can wake up to season 3.

Edited by Agro

I loved the last episode. The last scene with Theon made me laugh, and the rest was well done. Now I just hope they'll make Season 3 even better. =P

I haven't seen much past season 1, but I will say that I thought Jon's actor plays him well, but the scene when he vanquishes that one wight with the lantern was handled terribly. In that situation, unlike the books, he could have easily avoided burning his hand, and it just makes him look like a clumsy fool.

I felt really bad for Doreah in this one. Book Doreah dies in the Red Waste so I guess she always had the reaper stalking her but her betraying Dany left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Admittedly there wasn't anywhere her character could really go, but... come on, did you have to lock her in a room full of nothing? Xaro will probably end up eating her too :(. I suppose this means we won't hear anything more from him.

You know, i kinda liked the show version of how Doreah's "death" went better than the books. It implies she was just seeking a warm bed and playing at being Xaro's concubine. Basically being ignorant as all hell and trying to get with the most comfortable option. Dany is all "lol no, bitch." Yeah its like, pretty sad in the book and Dany's all like sad because Doreah helped her so much, but alas.

I loved this episode. Jaqen is my badass. Shocking lack of The Hound though. Oh well.

If i had been Sam at that moment in time....my breeches...they would be so very soiled.

Jaime learned a valuable lesson in underestimation. Dont. Fuck. With. Brienne. Of. Tarth.

Its also nice to see Dany's actress trying a little harder this time around. Shes been standing around with her mouth open all season. I was getting annoyed!! But then she pulls off some actual acting skills with the House of the Undying bits. Loved the scene with Drogo and Rhaego! So sad...So very sad...

I nearly bawled when Maester Luwin died. Like srsly. I loved that guy in both book(s) and show. He was like a surrogate parent for Bran and Rickon. Yeah i hated the Ironborn before especially when Theon killed Ser Rodrick, but that guy stabbing Maester Luwin...yeah line crossed! Fuck all of the Iron Islands anything! Crossed the line twice when they torched Winterfell. Rear ends in top hats everywhere.

Did anyone else start cracking up when Tywin's horse crapped all over the Throne Room? Really puts things in perspective. lulz. Poor Tyrion. He better think of a plan and quick. Sansa's all "awww HELLZ YEAH!" when Joff was all "ima marryin' this other ho!" But then Littlefinger begins the creepin'. Creepers gonna creep.

Jon's gonna meet Mance Rayder! Its gonna be a long wait for next season.

Luckily, i have the third book! :smug: Srsly, i wont be able to wait!!

If you have the book, then DON'T wait for the season! Seriously, I guarantee you. The book is too awesome. It gets stuff done in a way the last books has never dreamed of doing, much like a Star Wars Episode 3.