When will FE start using guns?

Metal Rabbit

actually now that i think about it. when Nephenee is throwing a Javelin or some sort of throwing object, right when she is about to throw it, freeze the frame, crop out her javelin, and put in a Bazooka. She'll be good to go

i would think that the guns would share similar properties with crossbows. they have a fixed attack power.

and how do guns make it less of a strategy game? take FFTA, as they have guns and gunners. (albeit theyre horribly weak)

Fire Emblem is a great series, but they should incorporate some Final Fantasy Tactics styles to it too (I'm a huge Final Fantasy Fan) Like, for instance, Mustadio uses a gun and its similar to a Ballistae in FE, but mobile. Mustadio couldn't attack anybody too close, but he was great for immobilizing and petrifying far enemies. Did we ever get to use venin axes? I don't remember... There were also special attacks unique to certain chracters that can hit multiple enemies. Final Fantasy loves those special attacks stuff but I dont think FE should have that.

I think FE won't add guns. Modernizing FE will make the series lose its charm. Every game in the FE series that I know of happens sometime during the medieval period, and it just won't be right if the characters used guns.

I think FE won't add guns. Modernizing FE will make the series lose its charm. Every game in the FE series that I know of happens sometime during the medieval period, and it just won't be right if the characters used guns.

I wonder what's happening in Begnion year 2008 now....

Guns don't fit with the type of era the games always take place in.

guns were invented at that time, albiet a little later. they were strong enough to pierce a knights armor, making that other techology obsolete.

for the record, i dont think guns should be used by anyone who isnt wearing an military uniform.

guns would ruin FE...it'd make the game too odd, and would definitely seem weird...NAR, DRAGON U R DEAD FROM MAH SHOTGUN LOLZ1111

it would degrade the quality of the games...

i would think that the guns would share similar properties with crossbows. they have a fixed attack power.

yeah, for the longest time in RD, I was scared of Balistae and Crossbows, because I did not know that they were set power...I added the unit's strength to the power...and came out fearing for everyone's life...

HOLY COW! he can do like 50 damage! I'm screwed!!!

and considering only Taureno could survive the first balistea I cam across...until I noticed he was not taking upwards of 15 damage as he should have been...then everthing was ok, and Jill killed everything in sight...because I also happened to forget that wyverns aren't weak to bows anymore...but those 2 pieces of knowledge made me happy...Crossbows? yeah, I freaked out again...I realized sooner that time though...where as Taureno got hit 3 times before it hit me...