[COMPLETE] FE1 manga translation thread (Hakoda Maki)

Crazy Foxie

Not an update per se, but I realised that the Hakoda notes were missing from the Volumes 1 and 2 download on Serenes Forest. Mainly because the back cover was missing of Volume 2, which is of Sheeda. For those that are interested, I have uploaded a Mediafire link with all the relevant files. It's doubtful you're interested in what happened over 10 years ago, but it's there for completion purposes. Plus you do get this bonus picture of baby Marth :D

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoo, Map 40 is finally done! Really sorry for the late update - there have been issues on both our parts (I've been temping), so the update was later than we had both anticipated. Still, we'd like to take the time to thank you for your constant support. I know - I can see how many people have downloaded XD

*ahem* Stalkerism aside, this map isn't for the ones who hate cliff-hangers. To put it simply, pretty much everything goes wrong! Minerva gets a rather unexpected surprise and the Allied Army is pretty much in their worst pickle to date. Admittedly, I'm rather proud of what I did for the last page - it's not easy doing the fiddly stuff on super fancy-pants style art. For those interested, I'm going to set up my cleaning/typesetting tutorial on Deviantart so you folk can see what exactly I do.

You can also expect an update on Map 22 soon - I'm still about 50% through editing, but it won't be long!

Map 22 is now available for download! Rather spunky introduction of Maria, a brave feat from Gordon and Marth wins over Minerva in a single page XD Matise is also notably benched after this ordeal at Deal Fortress, for he is never seen in combat again. We also see Zhukov's personality, and is quite possibly the most hilarious baddie in FE1 history. Hope you enjoy!

In these next few days/weeks, I'm hoping to reupload a lot of the earlier maps. They're really starting to bug me now that I'm better at cleaning, and especially on my works the pages are more grey than white, which is a big no no when it comes to manga. The links should remain the same, but I'll let you guys know the exact time and files that have been changed for the better. It's mainly volumes 3 and 7 that need changing. I'll do it in one big bulk to save time. Take a look again and you'll know what I mean.

Meanwhile, comments, encouragement and/or criticism would be much appreciated!

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your support Hardin! I will work harder knowing you're in the shadows!

The day I finish sorting out old maps, Mediafire decides to work. It's a miracle, I tell you XD

So anyway, major news everyone! With goodness knows how many cups of tea, long hours with my face unhealthily close to the screen and scraping the barrel that is my sanity, I have finally sorted out the older files. Although it may not look like a lot, I am overall happier with the result.

Maps that have been edited are 13-16 and 31-34 inclusive. That's right - in less than a month, I have modified 8 maps! Unfortunately yes, that does span across three volumes. So depending on how you feel, you can either download the entire volume again or just download the relevant maps - they're all the same. Due to my lack of understanding, Mediafire links are not the same as the previous ones, but that doesn't really bother you guys. it just means I lose my stalking stats If anything's not working/you see yet more errors, please let me know!

It applies more to 15, 16 and 32 (since I cleaned those XD) but changes vary from page to page. Of Map 34, about 10 has been edited whilst everything else was pretty much done again from scratch. Have this picture to illustrate what I've done! In the thirties, it focuses more on pixelated auras around people's heads and their hair. The more serious instances are the typo in Map 15 (page 197) and a missing sound effect in Map 34 (page 140).

[spoiler=Yay animation...!]fe193.gif

In any case, I would highly recommend that you download them again, and I'm really sorry about the inconvenience caused. Maps 17 and 35 may look shoddy following these updates, but I reckon they're passable.

Also, perhaps for those people who are interested in what I do, I have summarised (in my waffly way) what goes on behind the scenes, at least on my part. You can see it here on my Deviantart account.

I think that's about me done. I'll let you folk know when any of the other maps are ready for release! I don't think it'd be too long~

Edited by Crazy Foxie

Okay then, Map 41 is now available! Sorry it took a while, but hopefully it was worth the wait.

I personally dislike what Maki's done with Minerva here, but I digress. Still, this is something for you guys to sink your teeth into as things may or may not turn even worse XD And, without spoiling too much, hope you enjoy it, even if it is a bit wordy!

Let's just say some people have a bit more depth to them than you'd expect *nods*

• 3 weeks later...

After a not-so-nice experience of a cold, map 42 is now available for online reading and/or download. Thank you for your patience, and the next map will also mean the end of volume 9!

So in this...Klaus' true colours are finally coming into light. Not to mention his pesky bird actually does something. But hey, it's major plot development time and also has the recruitment from probably the best Whitewing sister, universally speaking.

I can also say map 23 will be coming fairly soon. The last few pages will cause some agro, but it won't be long!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahaha, Map 23 took a bit longer than I expected orz Anyway, sorry for the wait! (although to the third party, it looks like I'm talking to myself)

Both serious and humorous aspects in this one. A lot of history talk, so it may prove to be useful to some people. Although I say that, it may not strictly follow the game's principles as this is the results of Maki's inspirations. It's nice to see some more powerful people round the table though!

For anyone who has looked at the first post already, you'll find that I have stopped uploading download links to individual maps. From now on, everything will be available through my SkyDrive, which is an uploading perk I have with my email. You can still download through there (I believe it's saved as a RAR file) but the main reason for changing site is because online viewing will now be available for earlier maps. This is especially good if, for whatever reason, you can't download but still want to read. Just make sure that the files are sorted by name rather than date and you're good to go!

Please also note that 4shared volume downloads have been reuploaded, Mediafire's not quite there yet.

Whilst I'm here, I have regrettably made more changes to earlier files. More for formatting, but there are typos here and there. I've noted them below, so feel free to open the individual files on the SkyDrive and save them directly into your system.

Vol 3 Map 15 - Pages 167 (supressing to suppressing), 184 (no-one to no one)

Vol 4 Map 17 - Pages 71 (critisisms to criticisms), 75 (quality control)

Vol 4 Map 18 - Pages 86 (quality control), 103 (quality control)

Vol 5 Map 21 - Pages 4 (quality control), 5 (quality control), 17 (quality control)

Vol 8 Map 37 - Page 59 (alright to all right)

Edited by Crazy Foxie

On the contrary - it'd be good to spread the news to other areas. I think that I put this in a rather stupid place - should've gone to the SNES part XD So long as you give credit to us (the translation, not the artwork!) then I don't see the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Map 43 and thus here concludes Volume 9! T-there's only three volumes left...! Well, finishing the story anyway XD

So what happens? We see a more vulnerable yet mentally stronger side of Marth during the aftermath of Klaus' big assault. Will Minerva's second encounter with Klaus amount to anything? We also see Paola too - big plus for anyone who likes her!

Incidentally, this also means that full Volume 9 downloads are available. Please let me know what you think, if you spot any errors or anything. If you feel like it, that is. I've looked through these pages so many times I can no longer experience what it is like reading it for the first time...so I have to get off through you guys! Hope you enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the support, Bee :)

At last, we bring you the much-awaited Map 44! A lot has happened in December, particularly Christmas craze, so we're sorry we couldn't get this out any sooner!

So then, volume 10 starts with some rather depressing notes. Gra's pretty much the place of sorrow as Klaus lets Jiol assume command. Plenty of Astoria screentime and overall plot development. Will Jiol accept the peace pact or is he simply too proud to accept it? For the first time, Marth has to fight an enemy he personally knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, to make up for the lack of updates in December, map 45 has now been released! Next one will need some serious editing work, so be warned that the next one will take a while.

So then, this particular map touches on the unfortunate and the heartwarming. Marth is forced to put his revenge to one side as he confronts Jiol, but not before a rather interesting flashback...

Volume 10 is actually a really good one, I have decided :D Hope you enjoy reading it, let us know what you thought and look forward to the next few maps!

• 4 weeks later...

On the day before Valentine's Day, I finally give you an update with Map 24!

I have put in a lot of notes, so sorry if they otherwise seem obvious as you read them - it's very difficult to navigate what's going on otherwise, or that's how I felt anyway. So then, enter the sniper George! This is also the first time we see Shozen, I believe, and you can already tell he's a creep O_o Marth and a handful of others dress as commoners to sneak their way into Knorda, but will anyone see through their disguise?

So then, one more map and Volume 5 is done...! Which also incidently includes the Volume download. Anyway, as always, hope you enjoy it and feel free to let me know you're out there.

• 1 month later...

Okay then, nearly two months later we have uploaded map 46 for you to read/download! And, personally, having a chapter that covers some amusing Marth faces and the biggest appearance of Wolf is enough to make this my favourite chapter of the whole manga. But on the story side, yes we take a look at how things are at Orleans (did anyone else forget about Hardin) as well as some of the aftereffects of Jiol's death.

On mine and CalculusWhiz's side, we're sorry for the late upload - I have just started full time temporary work and CW has been studying hard, so time is somewhat on the short side for us both. Nevertheless, thank you so much for your patience and I hope that you enjoy this chapter enough to forgive us :D We'll try and get the next one out as soon as we can, but again I can make no guarantees.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, may I help this project? Please??
I will clean (delete the japanese words) from the scanned manga.

(I have the raw scanned manga)

Besides, I have tons of free time here

You don't need to give me credit at all. I just want to help.

Let me know if you accept my "proposal"
(contact me at tanuwijaya.kristian@ymail.com or just reply this message)

Thanks

Edit: Link deleted

Edited by Kristian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am really sorry about the tremendous wait this time around - it was awful timing for both CW and I, which overall made progress a lot slower than it would normally be. I can't say that either of us are out of the woods yet, so please be patient with us whilst we do this project on top of our daily lives.

On the plus side though, map 47 has been uploaded! Merric and Linda, despite all the signs, decide to go into Khadein. Will it be for the better or not, seeing as it is where Garnef is...

Thank you for all your support and hope that you enjoy this update. Again, we appreciate your patience whilst we get the next one uploaded for you as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for waiting - map 48 is now up for reading/downloading. This also means that volume 10 is now ready to be downloaded as a batch, which also means there's two volumes left until the end...! This project has been going strong for over a year, and we will do the best we can to get the rest of it released and hopefully widely available for the English-speaking folk.

In this, it's Linda vs Garnef...yeah it's quite self explanatory. Enjoy!

I've also added tags to this, and I feel like the only one who has done so. If you know anyone who might be interested in this sort of thing, please spread the word!

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 4 weeks later...

And it's finally done...Map 49 is now available for download/online reading on my SkyDrive. Sorry it was late (maybe) - lots to sort out in terms of cleaning thought stuff and trying to get my head around phrasing certain bits of the text. But you don't care about that - so long as the story's finished eventually :D

Anyway, this one has a surprise ending...If anyone sees this coming you deserve a cyber cookie.

On that note, this one is DEFINITELY worth your time. Please be patient as we get the next one done up for you.

Edit: Also, if you see something about a 'fatal error' on the ddsol.site40 website, it's still okay I think. Just give it a few hours/days and it should eventually load it up for you. Just make sure to read quickly if you are!

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, another chapter

I hope you can hasten your translation project a bit.

I think if you done one chapter per month, it'll be finished next year.

So, please put more effort into it,

Sorry if I sounded to pushy.

Looking forward to see the next chapter.

the admin (VincentASM) should make a link to this thread from this page

• 2 weeks later...

We do the best we can to get the chapters out as and when we can do them. I am aware of the maths, but there's the good, bad and usual things in our everyday lives we also need to pay attention to. The chapters will be released, so sit tight and be happy we've been doing this for well over a year already. I have already raised this with VincentASM in the past, but I thought it best to get this done before pestering them more than I need to.

On that note, map 50 is now ready for download/online viewing. Unfortunately I can't see the DDSOL page at the moment, so the credits page has NOT been added. Before you post elsewhere or goodness knows what else, please don't claim it as your own and refer back to here or the DDSOL page. I will edit this post once I have included it - I didn't want to keep you waiting in case anyone else is waiting for the 'fatal error' page to disappear.

Hate Misheil sometimes...he just talks and talks...!