[COMPLETE] FE1 manga translation thread (Hakoda Maki)

Crazy Foxie

According to 'down for everyone or just me', it was just me but I thought to throw it out there in case anyone else has the same problem. On that note, the DDSOL website is having a few problems uploading the next one, so CWhiz has uploaded the next chapter onto his SkyDrive. I don't know the specifics though, but basically you're stuck with my uploads.

On that note, the page has been updated to include credits. We'll try and get the next one out soon but again can't make guarantees.

Edit: Urgh, and also for anyone out there listening, I have added a small clause to the first post. If anyone intends to upload elsewhere, make sure the credits page is there. That is why I said that in the earlier post. The person uploading to Animea: I don't mind, but come on...!

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound pushy but,

When will the next chapter come out? It's already more than 1 month since chapter 50...

Edit:

Is this project dead? If it is, too bad then, it's just 2 volumes (17%) to go. You have done well translating 10 volumes (83%)

I'm looking forward to see the title of this thread become: [COMPLETED] FE1 manga translation thread.

Edited by Kristian

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to disappoint; as far as I know this isn't dead XD I've had a busy few months and have struggled to keep on top of this, but I think I'm out of the woods now. I have submitted the edited map 51 to CW so depending on what happens that may be released soon. I am currently working on map 25 now once I find the shattered pieces of my motivation.

In any case, I look forward to seeing this through to the end too!

And, as promised, I have map 25 ready for reading! I really apologise for getting this released so late and also for the lack of activity - I can assure you that I am just as eager to see this through, so please bear with us...! But in any case, this finishes volume 5 and therefore volume downloads are available now on both sites.

Now I need to try and summarise this chapter without gushing about George, Minerva's change of clothes and the chemistry...

*cough* Anyway this map really goes back to what we're used to, so rewind back to the time when Marth and co. were trying to reclaim Pales. We see some more character development about Gordon and both he and George fend off the Knorda Fangs. What else...? Micheil's still a pompous, racist character (like always) and Ricardo wanders off alone...that can't end well.

Whilst doing this, I also read through what's already been done and I STILL find problems with the files...! They're more corrections done for consistency, so although they're not necessary, they are if you're like me XD Respective volumes have been reuploaded (again...) but I would highly recommend downloading individual pages from SkyDrive and saving it wherever in your computer. The first correction has already been included in volume 5's download link, so only worry about that one if you have downloaded the map individually.

Vol 5 map 21 - page 3 (Menedy to Menidy)

Vol 7 map 32 - page 71 (corrected ellipses to be ... rather than ..)

Vol 8 map 36 - page 22 (Norda to Knorda, no-one to no one)

Vol 8 map 38 - page 114 (star-gaze to stargaze)

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 3 weeks later...

Yay another chapter done! Sorry for the wait, but 51 is now ready for online viewing and download. We are moving forwards again!

So then, this one is worth it just for the Est faces to be honest :D She's like a female Julian but cuter. This may also shed some light onto FE1's most universally misunderstood pairing and hopefully about this stage, some people may start to be more accepting of it.

On that note, there are 9 chapters left until the end of the series...!! (16 including volume 6)

Thank you for your continued support and maybe we'll get the next one up a bit quicker.

• 3 weeks later...

On the lead-up to Christmas, we have decided to give you an early present: a chapter update that didn't take several months :D

In this chapter, you would definitely want to punch Klaus. Still, this one is worth the read. Oh, and I did the font exactly as Maki does it - she uses Garnef font for Julian O_o

Apart from that, have a lovely Christmas all and expect next update probably January onwards.

• 4 weeks later...

After much celebrating and gatherings across the Christmas break, we now have the gaiden chapter available for online reading and download! Took a bit longer than I wanted to on my end but oh well.

I have a feeling that Maki may or may not have said that Ricardo is her favourite character, so this gaiden chapter is about how Ricardo and Julian met. (CWhiz also did a master artwork of Indiana Julian!)

Next chapter is a fairly long one, so the update would take a while but it would be worth the wait! Let us know what you thought and that you're out there!

• 4 weeks later...

Volume 11 is finally complete! I say finally because my work and that means I effectively delayed this by two weeks. But it's out now, so kick back and enjoy quite possibly the most outrageous recruitment by Cheine. Yeah, good things are best left experienced by yourself :D

What else happens...? Oh yeah Oguma makes a miraculous recovery (cos he's awesome) and Minerva makes quick work of the baddie (who is neither here nor there in the game). Not to mention the plot thickens with Klaus...what is he up to...? XD

On the topic of Klaus, and good thing with Maki's notes at the end of Volume 11 here, but I have recently got my hands on the CD Drama that accompanies this. I've already ripped it, but I want to carry across the seiyuus as well before uploading. I'll get round to it at some point. And, for all those who want to know what Klaus (or Crouth, according to this!) looks like, here's a taster picture :D It's from a 4-page manual that comes with each CD.

r5kw.jpg

Anyway, see you maybe in the near future with Volume 6 or 12!! Kindly let me know your thoughts on the chapter and hope you liked it! (Thoughts/questions on the CD Drama is also welcome)

Edited by Crazy Foxie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing this done as well! It's waited so long already and it'd be nice for us all to see the ending!! (the second last chapter has one of THE most heart-wrenching scenes).

Just to keep all you good people on your toes, map 26 has now been released! Transport yourself back to when Shozen was still alive...back when Ricardo was ambushed by that scary granny...back when Hardin existed.

What happens in it now...? Ah yes, Maric decides to trust that scary granny (who even pulls a face you shouldn't trust and says something along the lines of 'come now, JUST DOWN HERE' real dodgily) and Roche gets blasted. Banutu also gets a lot of screen time, which is quite a surprise considering he's so useless in-game.

Enjoy the update and 11 more maps to go!

Edited by Crazy Foxie

Maps 1-12 have been around for over three years even before we started this, and it's probably an error on my part for not making this section clearer. The earlier chapters were done by a different translation project, therefore I feel reluctant to hosting it with the others. I have put maps 11 and 12 with the volume downloads, but that is the only extent I have included them. They are around on other manga sites. I'll sort it out when I get home.

As for volumes, there are 12 volumes to this manga. You can find the raws and covers and that on the main serenesforest website (and the downloads of the first 12 maps). Volume 3 was where the old project stopped at. Hope this makes sense and let me know if you want me to clear anything else up.

Ah, I gotcha.

12 volumes...man, this game had a lot of stuff done for it apparently. But hey! Gives some good insight on the characters I suppose. Can't wait to see the Tiki whenever she decides to show up~ Wonder if the first 2 volumes are around somewhere to read...twould be interesting to read up on the story (granted, that's gonna be a lot of reading. x_x;; ).

• 2 weeks later...

It does actually mention in one of the author's notes pages that she got a bit sidetracked by trying to build up character relationships :D It gives a nice feel for what the game could have been like with supports.

Also, I should probably break it to you that the manga finishes at reclaiming Aritia. This also means no epic fight between Minerva and Micheil, no sappy reunion between Camus and Nina, no showdown with Medeus and no Tiki. We can imagine how it could have been!

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is because I have gotten round to uploading the CD Drama now! Please see the full information HERE and spread the word/give some comments! And undoubtedly I may have put it in the wrong place again...

• 3 weeks later...

This is so much FUUUUUUN. Started reading a fews days ago and I just can't stop. It's so wonderful. x3

Such fun. Then a serious-bomb dropped. Tears were shed. Reading continued.

...Speaking of, I should STOP reading and go sleep. .......... -continues reading-

PS: Many thanks to everyone who has worked on this~

• 1 month later...

Hey guess what :D This project is not dead just yet! We're all still keeping strong for this as we have...map 27 ready! What, you thought volume 12? XD

In any case, here we have...Micheil nonsense (it gets worse), amazing fight scene with Shozen and someone finally tells the audience their name! More Banutu-trolling-Julian is involved as well...I don't even know if it's meant to be creepy or natural anymore. But one particular scene pretty much earned a spot to head this thread! And it's not George either...!

I can confirm receipt of map 54. It will be out...reasonably soon.

Anyway enjoy!

@Tsamimi: Haha thanks for your support and reaction :D I'm glad that you caught up so fast!!

Damn. It's been a while since I read one of these. Don't remember where I last left off, but I really enjoy these, when I have the time. Your work is appreciated!

Edited by The Chosen One

AAAAH...!! Thanks for the spot Tsamimi - all the credits pages on the SkyDrive has been updated accordingly. I know it's actually known as OneDrive now, but minor details.

Please note the volume downloads have NOT been updated yet. Once I get back from my week away (to my sister's, not abroad) I want to read through the first lot again and find some more errors XD

Your comment is appreciated, The Chosen One. It's nice to hear from another follower. I also really like your SSB4 signature...!

Hello again everyone :D Just a quick notice to let you guys know that map 54 is now up and running for online viewing/download. Volume 12 has made a start...!

Not a great deal happens in this one, but at the very least Sheeda really gets her hands full dealing with Cheine. In any case this update is worth a look as a lead-up to the later chapters - it's 25 pages including the covers and contents pages...!

I haven't made any progress on the earlier volumes but I will let you know when the volume downloads are updated (like anyone cares but you never know).

Enjoy the update.

Yay new chapter! Happy dance.

Short chapter. :o Duuuude, if Chainy gets some fighting time (I haven't spoiled things for myself...yet) the battlefield mayhem would be quite a spectacle. I've always wondered how people reacted to seeing a copy of themselves out there...

Nice, chapter 12 have made a start

Caution: This chapter contain a ton of joke

It seems that Sheeda will get her annoyance quota full this chapter

btw, Is Cheine a boy or a girl?

the name doesn't give much clue either

Editing older maps is taking longer than I thought. I think I was half asleep when I did the first lot, I swear. Still, hopefully people can see the difference - I'm hoping to have it done before next weekend, so if anyone else spots any errors in the meantime, please let me know!! It would be greatly appreciated as this might very well be the last time I do.

Kristian, Cheine is a boy. Because he knows Sheeda likes Marth though, he finds amusement in winding her up.

Edit: also for weird reasons, I can't save PNGs very well so they end up about 3 times bigger. Ergo I can't edit maps 13 and 14. If anyone can step up though please let me know!

[spoiler=Just another day in the life of Crazy Foxie]

The edits folder has all my work that I'm doing which are before map 24 and 41, which are the ones I don't have PSD files of...Currentworkstation_zps4dbc6ca8.jpg

Edited by Crazy Foxie

Editing older maps is taking longer than I thought. I think I was half asleep when I did the first lot, I swear. Still, hopefully people can see the difference - I'm hoping to have it done before next weekend, so if anyone else spots any errors in the meantime, please let me know!! It would be greatly appreciated as this might very well be the last time I do.

Wow, what a great dedication for the community

If I were you, I'd have moved to the next chapters already

I don't pay attention to the details (like typo, grammar error, etc) anyway

Kristian, Cheine is a boy. Because he knows Sheeda likes Marth though, he finds amusement in winding her up.

The hair was the reason I considered him a female

Edit: also for weird reasons, I can't save PNGs very well so they end up about 3 times bigger. Ergo I can't edit maps 13 and 14. If anyone can step up though please let me know!

Could you give me more detailed information?

Are you talking about saving PNGs directly from Photoshop?

If it is, then maybe something went wrong on your Photoshop.
    We can test it by saving a test PNG from your PC, 
    and then send the PSD to me (or your friend) 
    and I (or your friend) will try to save it to PNG with identical setting.
    Then, we (or you) compare the PNG output

If the test PNG you generated is 3 times than my (or your friend's) PNG,
    Then something really went wrong with your Photoshop.