Why is Devdan's name slighty different?

CGV

It's been bugging me why Devdan changed his name to

Danved

Was there any reason why that happened? Cuz even when I looked at that chart of people and how they're connected to people it has a question mark wondering if it's the same person

Did anyone else find that a little odd?

I don't think there's been official proof in the game that Danved is actually Devdan.

There is the small chance that Devdan might just happen to have an identical twin brother called Danved who's also a halberdier who somehow gets a bonus from the PoR data upload and can also make a piece of paper called Nadved talk.

How do you know he's telling the truth? I just think he's trying to pull off the biggest trick of his career, becoming Nadved. Danved is like a middle stage, Devdan is still working through the transformation...

Naw, I'm not serious about that last statement but I do think Danved is most certainly Devdan.

"Danved is most certainly not Devdan"

Thats more than enough proof for me.

I agree. Danved is most certainly not Devdan.

But it's okay, because Danved fights like ten men, and a pack of bears. Therefor Danved is most certainly better than Devdan, who gets caught in gardens and is forced to work for fat men.

The math:

Danved = 10 men = Pack of bears

Largo with one hand = two tigers

2 men = 1 tiger

If Danved fights like ten men, and Largo can only take two tigers (Or four men),

Then we can ssume that Danved is three times stronger than Largo.

So Largo(3) = Danved.

We can also assume that it would take three Largos to fight like ten men, or take down a pack of bears.

So either way, Danved is better. :D

On a serious note, Danved = Devdan. But the math still stands.

I agree. Danved is most certainly not Devdan.

But it's okay, because Danved fights like ten men, and a pack of bears. Therefor Danved is most certainly better than Devdan, who gets caught in gardens and is forced to work for fat men.

The math:

Danved = 10 men = Pack of bears

Largo with one hand = two tigers

2 men = 1 tiger

If Danved fights like ten men, and Largo can only take two tigers (Or four men),

Then we can ssume that Danved is three times stronger than Largo.

So Largo(3) = Danved.

We can also assume that it would take three Largos to fight like ten men, or take down a pack of bears.

So either way, Danved is better. :D

On a serious note, Danved = Devdan. But the math still stands.

Wrong,

Largo(3) would be 12 men so...

Largo(2.5) = Danved

And by the way Danved is better than Largo which you already said.

DAMN. My math just got disproven! D:

Well, that would be true, BUT.

Danved fights like ten men.

Largo can take two tigers with one hand.

And two men = one tiger.

So, in reality, we must do the math this way.

Danved = 10 men

Largo = Four men with ONE HAND. But Largo has two hands, of course, so he can take down 8 men.

That means...

Danved = 10 men, five tigers.

Largo = 8 men, four tigers.

So we can conclude Largo can hold down four tigers with two hands. Danved can hold down five tigers with two hands; so I have just proven that Danved, is in fact, one tiger stronger than Largo.

I'm sorry, I'm bad at math. I had to recheck it. :D

...Why was I just able to follow that?

Anyway, yes, they are the exact same person. I seriously think he hit his head or something while being an idiot in a flower garden and suddenly he just started spelling his name differently, making it Danved. That's just the way he is.

...He was too slow for me to use in Radiant Dawn AND Path of Radiance anyway.

Your math on Tiger to Man ratios is off. A Tiger is most certainly the worth of 3 men and a Jeigan (Jeigans being a unit of measure for half a useful man).

(Tiger x2) x2 = ((Man x3 + Jeigan x1)x2 ) x2 = Man x12 + Jeigan x4 = Man x12 + Man x2 = Man x14

Making Largo stronger than Danved.

HOWEVER, this is assuming the opponents are not Mia. Because we know what happens to Largo when he fights Mia.