Thinking of trying this game.

As the topic says I've been reading about this game for a while, so I'm thinking of starting up a file sometime soon (maybe after more progress on FE7/8). I'm just looking for advice now.

I will be playing on Normal Mode and I am not in any way concerned with turncounts or Ranks. I do have some ideas on who I want to use.

Characters I want to use:

Alan

Lance

Miledy

Rutger

Dieck

Gonzales

Lugh

Ray

Saul/Ellen

Klein (unless the trashy desert bimbo is that much better...)

Percival

Echidna

Lalum

Shin

Characters I'm on the fence about:

Sue

Fir

Thany/Tate

Hugh

Characters I DO NOT want to use:

Lilina

Clarine

Cecilia

Zealot

Juno

Igrene

Wendy

Sophia

Short-term use:

Marcus

Bors/Barth

Open to any other suggestions though.

I don't know what route I want to go but IIRC Echidna and Lalum are locked to a route so I guess I have to pick theirs.

Thanks for the help in advance!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like I said in FE5, bro. If you're not concerned about ranks or turncounts, just go with it. Don't plan what you're doing, use whoever does you well and keep at it.

chill the fuck out and roll with it as it goes mang

I was going to say "go in blind, don't plan it beforehand" or something similar, but.

Characters you should not use beyond their joining/forced chapters:

Alan

Lance

Miledy

Rutger

Dieck

Gonzales

Lugh

Ray

Saul/Ellen

Klein (unless the trashy desert bimbo is that much better...)

Percival

Echidna

Lalum

Shin

Characters to use if you have room for them:

Sue

Fir

Thany/Tate

Hugh

Characters you must use at all costs:

Lilina

Clarine

Cecilia

Zealot

Juno

Igrene

Wendy

Sophia

Kill final boss with:

Marcus

Bors/Barth

If you're really not gunning for LTC or ranked, it's the only way to play.

Also, add Oujay to the must-use list.

Just like I said in FE5, bro. If you're not concerned about ranks or turncounts, just go with it. Don't plan what you're doing, use whoever does you well and keep at it.

chill the fuck out and roll with it as it goes mang

I was going to say "go in blind, don't plan it beforehand" or something similar, but.

As I responded in the FE5 topic, I'm a bad player who needs help and isn't equipped to just go with it so I don't want this particular advice. Perhaps I should've mentioned in the opening posts of both threads.

If you're really not gunning for LTC or ranked, it's the only way to play.

Also, add Oujay to the must-use list.

Hell no! I don't want this to be some kind of challenge run!

Except you're also rating Cecilia and Clarine and Zealot and Igrene under "the bad units", when they aren't.

EDIT: That's half that list.

Edited by Integrity

Whoops, didn't see that he changed your quote

oh well, I'd suggest you use Oujay and Lilina anyway. Oujay because he's fun, Lilina because she'll end up smashing every enemy unit on normal mode.

And Igrene really is that much better than Klein. His base states are worse than even Louise and Innes.

Except you're also rating Cecilia and Clarine and Zealot and Igrene under "the bad units", when they aren't.

You know my bias on Valkyries, everyone used to despise Zealot and I don't like badly-tanned tart much either.

Whoops, didn't see that he changed your quote

Okay then, NVM.

oh well, I'd suggest you use Oujay and Lilina anyway. Oujay because he's fun, Lilina because she'll end up smashing every enemy unit on normal mode.

Oujay: Sure then, I'll give him a shot (I like the Merc/Hero class a lot anyway). Hopefully that's not too many Hero Crest users.

Lilina: That sounds badass but everyone I've heard says that she's a painfully slow waste and I already have a number of Mages anyway.

And Igrene really is that much better than Klein. His base states are worse than even Louise and Innes.

Shit! :sob:

You know my bias on Valkyries, everyone used to despise Zealot and I don't like badly-tanned tart much either.

Oujay: Sure then, I'll give him a shot (I like the Merc/Hero class a lot anyway). Hopefully that's not too many Hero Crest users.

Lilina: That sounds badass but everyone I've heard says that she's a painfully slow waste and I already have a number of Mages anyway.

Shit! :sob:

Few things:

Bias on valkyries sure blah blah that's your thing, but

Zealot is a great jeigan, and Igrene isn't a tart, what.

She's Hawkeye's daughter, and she's simply a good sniper. What makes you think she's some sort of whore?

@Oujay: he's a pretty good unit, and not hard to level on normal mode, but if you like Fighters, there really are a lot of hero crest units. You've got Dieck, Rutger, Ward, and Lot within the first few chapters. If you ignore the fighters, then there's just the two before him.

@Lilina: Those people are only talking about hard mode and LTC. Lilina's only problem is that she could have a bit of a speed problem, but her massive magic stat and easy Roy support totally make up for it.

Edited by seph1212

She's slow, yes, but she does crazy damage. If I said most people who dislike her like Valkyries for similar reasons, would that sway you? :):

But to be serious, everyone in the "bad unit" list is salvagable, except Wendy, Sophia and Yuno. And the first two of those are salvagable through the magic of massive babying and favouritism.

Yeah honestly NM isn't all that hard so just use people based on personalities or something.

I mean Marcus can practically solo his way up to at least chapter 10 and Marcus isn't FE7Marcus or Seth here.

Since you're not going for LTC, why not use characters like Oujay? He's not all that hard to train if you go slower. The Isles is an excellent place to level him due to the amount of axemen there and FE6 is one of the games that's really nice to sword users.

Or just solo with Echidna except all those status staves hrng no seriously if you manage to get past C20Ilia on Echidna solo I will personally congratulate you

Also

did you call igrene a trashy desert bimbo

what the fuck

This. >|

Zealot is a great jeigan, and Igrene isn't a tart, what.

She's Hawkeye's daughter, and she's simply a good sniper. What makes you think she's some sort of whore?

Everyone hated Zealot is the golden days and do you really think "great Jeigan" will convince me? That's like trying to sell NinjaMonkey on Juno by telling him that she's a "terrific Peg Knight"! Also, I don't like Hawkeye either and Igrene LOOKS like a tramp.

@Oujay: he's a pretty good unit, and not hard to level on normal mode, but if you like Fighters, there really are a lot of hero crest units. You've got Dieck, Rutger, Ward, and Lot within the first few chapters. If you ignore the fighters, then there's just the two before him.

Well actually I definitely want Gonzales and I'm considering Fir (What about Fir anyway?). I really haven't considered the Fighters.

@Lilina: Those people are only talking about hard mode and LTC. Lilina's only problem is that she could have a bit of a speed problem, but her massive magic stat and easy Roy support totally make up for it.

But wouldn't it take her forever to double? Won't she GET doubled? Won't Lugh double more?

She's slow, yes, but she does crazy damage. If I said most people who dislike her like Valkyries for similar reasons, would that sway you? :):

...I dunno

But to be serious, everyone in the "bad unit" list is salvagable, except Wendy, Sophia and Yuno. And the first two of those are salvagable through the magic of massive babying and favouritism.

Too bad, I don't want to give them a chance. If I was willing to consider them I would've put them in one of the other lists.

did you call igrene a trashy desert bimbo

what the fuck

Yes I did.

Characters You Should Use

Sophia

Wendy

Yuno

NO.

If you do use Juno remember to keep mentally switching her name between Yuno and Juno, it's the only way to be fair.

Well, I won't use Juno, that'swhy she's in the third list.

Yeah honestly NM isn't all that hard so just use people based on personalities or something.

I mean Marcus can practically solo his way up to at least chapter 10 and Marcus isn't FE7Marcus or Seth here.

Since you're not going for LTC, why not use characters like Oujay? He's not all that hard to train if you go slower. The Isles is an excellent place to level him due to the amount of axemen there and FE6 is one of the games that's really nice to sword users.

That sounds cool, is that also a handy place to train Fir?

Just make sure you have enough staff users so random Sleep staves don't completely wreck everyone.

That's good to know, so far I've only considered one of Saul or Ellen.

Did you just insult Igrene?Seriously, she's better than most bow users, except Shin.Oh, and add Echidna, shes awesome

I did. And Klein's supposed to be better (And what about Sue?), though accordingto the main site the sunburnt slut has better bases on Normal, fuck!

Also

Sacae or Ilia?

Crash, do you ever wonder why people are rude to you on this site

do you

because of what you say

I suggest you actually think before you type out these posts, because judging a character as a slut simply because they "look" like one (which is entirely subjective in itself) makes you come off a complete asshole.

Everyone hated Zealot is the golden days and do you really think "great Jeigan" will convince me?

Everyone loves Zealot in the golden days; what are you talking about...

That's good to know, so far I've only considered one of Saul or Ellen.

Then consider both, or else you'll need to use one of the dreaded valkyries every now and then for Restore duty.