How pokemon games should be

Zanarkin

Because Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD were totally critically acclaimed games.

?

What the point of that, I'm saysing that if pokemon games were so great in handheld going to gyms and evertyhing, imagine what a console pokemon game could be like. I don't mean the DX/colosseum thing where you were restricted, i mean more like handhelds being able to actually capture a bigger variety of pokemon and such.

Edited by SlayerX

WHY IS THIS PICTURE SO BIG

But anyways, it would be nice, just like how Fire Emblem went from handheld to console (in America) and it worked out fine (kinda).

hurr durr maybre we can uese the wimmote to torw pokeballs if its on console lolol

This looks awesome and yes...Nintentroll makes me suffer with Pokemon

Guys? Are you even trying to be realistic about this? Have you even considered things from the game developers point of view without going "oh, they're not giving me what I want!! They're all trolling me!!"

Taking the big world map in Pokemon games as well as all the dungeons and buildings, and then turning all of it 3D? Not to mention having 3D renders of all Pokemon and all moves on top of that? Do you know how much data space you'd need for that!?

And then there's those people that expect all of that plus online MMORPG gameplay...

I'm not lashing out on all of you. Just the ones that look down on Nintendo for not being able to do the technologically impossible.

Guys? Are you even trying to be realistic about this? Have you even considered things from the game developers point of view without going "oh, they're not giving me what I want!! They're all trolling me!!"

Taking the big world map in Pokemon games as well as all the dungeons and buildings, and then turning all of it 3D? Not to mention having 3D renders of all Pokemon and all moves on top of that? Do you know how much data space you'd need for that!?

And then there's those people that expect all of that plus online MMORPG gameplay...

I'm not lashing out on all of you. Just the ones that look down on Nintendo for not being able to do the technologically impossible.

fuq u man stop pissin on my dreams

I don't think it necessirily impossible, at least it might not be impossible to make it in something like the PS3. Just cut down a little bit more on the graphics.

Here i go talking about something i know nothing about

Edited by SlayerX

This topic is dumb and so is the picture.

Why whine when Pokemon is neat the way it is.

Because i'd like to see a pokemon game with the 3d of pokemon DX and the plot of a handheld game like heart gold.

Because i'd like to see a pokemon game with the 3d of pokemon DX and the plot of a handheld game like heart gold.

I preferred White's plot to HG's but eh.

Then what about Skyrim? How about GTA: San Andreas?

Edited by Railgunz

Space is not the problem, the effort is. It'd take way too long to do all that shit and NIntendo doesn't feel like it.

A game like that probably wouldn't be very fun anyway. The series is and always will be made for handheld consoles. There isn't enough meat in them to hold up on a home console.

I don't really like how they keep putting games on new consoles because my money just can't keep up! D= but what's even worse to me is that it's all moving to handheld...

I just kinda prefer the home consoles though... I prefer pressing all the buttons and don't care so much for using a touch pad to play. XD Just personal preference. Though it's probably most likely because I'm just more used to using a big television screen over a tiny little bitty screen...

But I understand how the most they're just going for is improvement and it's what lets them keep their jobs... I just won't be so happy about it is all XD

Then what about Skyrim? How about GTA: San Andreas?

Yes, because Skyrim and San Andreas also has to worry about making models and animations for 649 possible playable party members, and that's also without considering alternate forms.

With standards this unrealistic, its no wonder so many people have went from gamers to complainers...

Brawl came on a double-layered disc, so I don't see why they couldn't use one of those.

What the point of that, I'm saysing that if pokemon games were so great in handheld going to gyms and evertyhing, imagine what a console pokemon game could be like. I don't mean the DX/colosseum thing where you were restricted, i mean more like handhelds being able to actually capture a bigger variety of pokemon and such.

The Genius Sonority games were like console versions of the handheld games. Fussing over the existence of gyms and whatnot is just trivial when you consider that these were actually full RPGs with a story and such. Did you really want 2 more games in the Pokemon franchise with the same rehashed formula?

As much as I love those games, they weren't exactly the best. From a graphical standpoint, a lot of things felt skimped on, such as the Poke Ball throwing animation, some of the attack animations, the character models, etc. The option to not turn off battle animations really made the game a pain to sit through, and the double battle format is a lot slower in general (you also can't shift Pokemon after defeating an opponent's Pokemon). You can't really criticize Pokemon XD for not giving the player enough options because it probably offers the most earlygame Pokemon options out of any game to date, with 5 potential instant Eevee evolutions and 6 differently typed shadow Pokemon available right at the beginning of the game.

The Genius Sonority games were like console versions of the handheld games. Fussing over the existence of gyms and whatnot is just trivial when you consider that these were actually full RPGs with a story and such. Did you really want 2 more games in the Pokemon franchise with the same rehashed formula?

there wasn't nearly as much freedom, battles, available pokemon as in the other games like in platinum (doesn't necessarily mean hyms) and such. the game definately could have been what i wanted, but it lacked certain things. I'm not all for looks, but i like pokemon in 3d.

Edited by SlayerX