Court Records x Serenes Forest

Aurabolt

EDIT: Could an Admin Move this to ROM Hacking Please.

...I'll edit this with the link to the sister thread on CR after Reggie does his thing.

Anyway, to commemorate the awesomeness that is CR and SF I propose a game set in each universe. Court Records will be doing Phoenix Wright while Serenes Forest will be doing Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem side, we'll do a game featuring characters from the Ace Attorney games. Who plays what role will be decided democratically of course.

Also: Since I can't sprite to save my life, this is where you guys come in (LOL). If you need Official Art to use as a base, Court Records has them all here: http://www.court-records.net/Media.htm

I know how to hack the GBA ROMs so I can help in that regard though.

CR will be doing an Ace Attorney game with Fire Emblem Characters. Defense Attorneys, Prosecutors, etc. will be decided there if you wanna join the conversation.

Here's the Link to the Court Records Thread: http://forums.court-...hp?f=12&t=21763

And Here's a rough overview of the Serenes Forest Project I'm proposing:

-This will be a full game. Probably using Fire Emblem 7 or 8 as the base.

- I'm pretty sure the project will take 1-5 months to finish depending on interest, etc.

- Music from the Ace Attorney Games.

If we were to base the game on Blazing Sword, here's a short list of who could be who:

Godot as Tactician

Lyn-Mia Fey

Eliwood-Miles Edgeworth

Hector-Phoenix Wright

Sain-Larry Butz

Kent-Dick Gumshoe

Serra-Pearl Fey

Erk-Mike Meekins

Raven-Steel Samurai/Will Powers

Priscilla-Adrian Andrews

Guy-Apollo Justice

Matthew-Kristoph Galvin

Nils-Klavier Gavin

Ninian-Ema Skye

Wallace-Marvin Grossberg

Just an idea ^_^

Edited by Aurabolt

uh... this should technically go in Rom hacking right? besides wouldn't the project need more information? what game are you hacking? how long a hack are we talking? 1 chapter? 8? A full game?! Saying 'A game' leaves anyone hesitant to jump on any project. also what work have you shown about the project. I feel less interested in becoming involved in something if I don't think it's going anywhere.

I suggest you go back and put a little more thought, detailing what this should be. because this all seems very broad.

A note. Please-

If you want to just spread an idea and then not do any hacking yourself, you might want to think... I dunno, maybe a good seven or eight times before posting a list of character comparisons. If anything, if you're just intending to redo FE7's story with PW characters you can do it yourself or find one or two people willing to take the thirteen minutes necessary to read the docs.

While I have a huge love for the AA series and have actually made a decent number of mugs for the characters that aren't all terrible (although sometime I'll need to fix Phoenix and Ema), I'm afraid that this project won't be able to get off the ground because it's very difficult to find hackers, spriters, writers, etc. that are both able and willing to contribute to something like this. I mean, I would love to help out as a spriter, but one mediocre spriter does not a big hack make.

so a half dead fourm of people who still think Apollo Justice is good and the most popular FE fourm that will tear you to pieces if you suggest anything other then the hack maker's plans?

yeah i can see this going real well.

personaly i think this is an awful idea that will never get off the ground, you need a good hack to be more then just pallet swaping and i don't think the AA fandom is anywhere near as close to hacking thier own games as the FE fandom is.

Guy-Apollo Justice

Matthew-Kristoph Galvin

Nils-Klavier Gavin

Well, I'm out. XD I mean, if anything, Kristoph would be Karel. And Klavier as Nils? Machi would be the obvious choice, no?

Seriously. If you want to recruit people, a detailed plan would be a nice start. Are you remaking a game with AA portraits, or are your making something brand new that uses the FE game engine? How many chapters did you have in mind? What are you doing about music? How many portraits do you need and are you going to cut the cast to make this more feasible? Do you have any experience with this or are you just going to wing it? What has the CR response been? I don't mean to bombard you with questions, but a lot of lofty, poorly planned projects have been cropping up recently.

people who still think Apollo Justice is good

Apollo Justice is a saint.

Edited by Popo

I might be the only one getting this feeling, but this looks more like an attempt to use SF's popularity to advertise CR >_> <_<.

In any case, I can't imagine this kicking off if you aren't willing to do a majority of the work yourself. Not only that, but 1-5 months for completion of a "full game" is pretty wishful thinking if you are not intending to throw quality to the wind. If it's just a reskin or something then that'd be more realistic (which seems to be what you're going for considering the list of characters?).

Edited by Tangerine

I might be the only one getting this feeling, but this looks more like an attempt to use SF's popularity to advertise CR >_> <_<.

CR doesn't need any more advertising. If anything, I would think that SF does.

...Ouch.

Weeeell I can see I went about this all wrong. Since there's a definite NO from SF I'll focus on the Ace Attorney Fan Game with based on Fire Emblem characters.

The reason I proposed the cross-site projects was because I learned this morning Court Records Co-Founder Wooster is also a member of Serenes Forest. I told Vincent about him and proposed the idea of cross-site fan games to both of them. I wasn't seriously expecting folks to be on board from the start but the reactions by most has caused my mood to nosedive. This will probably be the last time I propose an idea like this for a long time.

I don't think I was being vague given this was merely an idea as opposed to a plan. Had I planned this out in great detail I would've had an outline of the expectations and so on.

Once again, sorry for wasting your time.

brown-bag-on-head2.jpg

I don't know about a definite no :P You got a few people who didn't like the idea, but also one or two who were curious, and mostly, a bunch who wanted to know more about it before they decided anything. That's how it goes here most of the time; hack ideas often ask for contributions, but people rarely give a clue how serious they are, whether the hack idea will last, anything like that. If you give more information, you might get a few more positive responses :)

I don't think anyone is opposed to the idea. They're just saying nobody is going to want to help if you don't have someone willing to do a majority of the work.

It is time consuming, nobody wants to feel like their time has been wasted.

Edited by Tangerine

I don't think anyone is opposed to the idea. They're just saying nobody is going to want to help if you don't have someone willing to do a majority of the work.

It is time consuming, nobody wants to feel like their time has been wasted.

I am opposed to the idea as a huge FE fan and a somewhat big AA fan(though i've said fuck the fanbase after i found out half of it pirated AAI) =/

anyways, i don't think you, OP, understand what it means to make a hack.

to make an excellent hack, it requires several people putting alot of time and effort into the sprites, storytelling, gameplay events, and balancing the game.

its not just a hobby or a fun project, its a serious dedication to making something of high quality thats good to look at and play.

that and the biggest issue here is that you have NOTHING to show for your guesswork. 90% of FE hacks die in the planning stages because they authors don't show enough work done to get people interested with assisting since they don't want to waste time towards something that'll never see the day of light.

combine all of this with how LAZY the AA fanbase(remember that GS3 fan translation that only got the first case done,or that they are just recently making thier own fangames.) is,except for afew really diehard fans that number around in the 10's range compaired to FE's fanbase. most of the work would be done by the SF members in the end, and i doubt they'd want to do most of the work for an cooperate project.

rant end/

i just now i'm gonna get some warn for this somehow, but i don't feel like the CR site(since i'm a member of there as well) is quite ready for a project of this level.

I am opposed to the idea as a huge FE fan and a somewhat big AA fan(though i've said fuck the fanbase after i found out half of it pirated AAI) =/

anyways, i don't think you, OP, understand what it means to make a hack.

to make an excellent hack, it requires several people putting alot of time and effort into the sprites, storytelling, gameplay events, and balancing the game.

its not just a hobby or a fun project, its a serious dedication to making something of high quality thats good to look at and play.

that and the biggest issue here is that you have NOTHING to show for your guesswork. 90% of FE hacks die in the planning stages because they authors don't show enough work done to get people interested with assisting since they don't want to waste time towards something that'll never see the day of light.

combine all of this with how LAZY the AA fanbase(remember that GS3 fan translation that only got the first case done,or that they are just recently making thier own fangames.) is,except for afew really diehard fans that number around in the 10's range compaired to FE's fanbase. most of the work would be done by the SF members in the end, and i doubt they'd want to do most of the work for an cooperate project.

rant end/

i just now i'm gonna get some warn for this somehow, but i don't feel like the CR site(since i'm a member of there as well) is quite ready for a project of this level.

You're really generalizing the AA fanbase.

I'm not opposed to it I just think he needs to either do the work and show it or find some people willing to do the work and then show that.

If you really want to do this, I mean really want to. Lower your scopes. 3 chapters max to represent the 3 days of trial. I wouldn't expect the joke to last longer than that before it gets so stale you wish for death.