Khrene's Workspace

Khrene Cleaver

Xon (A character of mine ) Sprite No animation as of yet:xonsprite.png

Ahtil (another Character) as a Cowgirl trainer in the Pokemon world cowgirlahtilsprites.png

Stumpy Sandra. She only lacks arms thanks to not knowing how to finish.(Thats what she said?... Sorry...) She'supposedto be a female soldier, I'm unsure if I wanted her to be a Soldier, a Cavalier, or a Pegasus Knight so I kinda went middle ground

sandrafebodyspritewipby.png

Molly, a short gal. My first full custom portrait whose body I expanded late last year. Not only does she again lack arms, I still need to touch up a lo of her shading, especially in her hair.

mollysized7.png

Another gal I'm working on now, unnamed so far, is based off a pic of Alicia Keys. I also want to experiment with hair, cause the curliest hair FE offers is Nergal's homunculi and Florina.

wavyhairgal2.png

Prep work and Alicia Keys

Yeah I have like a million and a half wips that I want to finish (some of which I'll post up here when I get to my own computer) and it's kinda cool to have so many idea I can pick up, but I feel like that professor from Jimmy Neutron who can't finish jack sh!te)

Anyways Imma continue Alicia Keys girl, (Now the name Alice/Alis is coming to mind for her name) as she is who I drew when I just got a mouse back in my hands

Oh yeah, C+C is always welcomed.

Edited by Khrene Cleaver

• 2 weeks later...

@Deranger, yeah your right on that one. But, I lifted his pose from tradition French Foil Fencing though, so it sorta makes sense. My ex and soon to be fencing instructor really stressed relaxation (as most probably would, I would assume).

But with that said his kinda grounded almost machismo stance just doesn't fit aesthetically with the relaxed slightly limp, almost graceful way he holds his sword. Okay you got me thinking I need to update him... maybe with something

(moreso the guy on the left)

@Mecha Waltz (Lumi?) Taken note for Alice and Molly. I don't think Sandra needs too much more shoulders, she seems as wide shouldered as the more broad broads of the FE world.

@Jubbs Yesh

A halberdier who actually uses halberds (a pole ax would be a more fitting name here). But it was supposed to be a knight promotion who uses lances and axes. This would be his ax animation.

5d4ao0.gif

14ijrdv.gif

I havent had too much time on my hands, but heres a bit more on Alice's skeleton. Its not super impressive, but I spent a lot of time on that foot. The first on thats really simple was originally done for . I'm gonna do te same with he hands cause I want to do her naked first and then draw clothes on top of her body. I figure it's be a good exercise and I could costume swap if I wanted to.

WHat I really wanna know is what do guys think about her hair. I wanna make it more detailed. I'll probably start with more likes to show stands/licks but I think that'll look very unnatural if not done right.

alicefoot.png

Edited by Khrene Cleaver

Do you have a lance one done too? :D I thought I saw it somewhere (I know I saw the halberdier one on FE Cafe and somewhere before that) but maybe it was a workspace picture now that I think of it :3 Anyway, I'm a big fan, seeing as it's name correct and all and just looks amazing overall. Something very new, doesn't look like a splice :3 Are we allowed to use it? :P

Edit: Oh, here's where. http://shrineofseals.net/archive/index.php/thread-2321-1.html SO MANY AWESOME BATTLE SPRITES

Edited by Jubby

mechanicalWaltz is AK, lol

But I like the Halb. :D

Though, FE girls have nonexistent shoulders so they shouldn't be a standard by any means.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

@Jubbs well, so far all my battle sprites hold Xon up there are edits. If memory serves the halberdier is based off of the solder, the hero, Hector, and the battle skirts taken from the general.

Lumi: I lurked around a little and found out that some people I've seen around have different names. For some reason I thought AK was you, or maybe I found out it was AK but only remembered the relatively rare trait you share other than being great artists.

mBladez:

489pxprofessorcalamitou.jpg

u mad?

Alright, I'll get right on it.

Edited by Khrene Cleaver

The Halbardier is pretty cool, a decently unique looking despite the fact that it reminds me of the Travos. But:

- he seems small and under-armored to be a knight's promotion

- I don't see where he gets the power to recover to his stance at the speed he attacked at (I don't get the feeling that his legs give him the power to return all the way to his standing position that quickley)

- The critical goes so quickley from the spin to the attack that it looks more like a stab than a swipe.

Adding a frame should fix each of the above two.

Yeah, it's AK. I usually go by jealousy here, but decided to do a name change.

Historical fencing accuracy, ftw. I'm oddly unacquainted with people who're actually familiar with the fact that dirks and rapiers were used concurrently in duels. Good to see it in use.

And a halberdier who uses halberds is a most welcome sight, as well. I'd have to agree with deranger on the appearance, though, and I would like to see a little more from the crit, as well. The hit frame blur where's "dust" when the axe strikes bothers me a little somehow.

I'mma be honest - I'm not super thrilled with her hair. It looks like a couple of corrugated plastic sheets landed on her head and melted in the sun. Needs lots more detailing and strandiness, and a lot less lines of solid block shading.

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

Deranger: Yeah Actually I did look at the tarvos alot for this guy! I might've used him for the arms, but I remember everything on the tarvos being way too big to splice onto the halberdier. So I think I just found it easier to draw arms myself.

- I misspoke, it was supposed to be a generic soldier promotion, not an armor knight promotion.

- The magical power of laziness

- ditto above.

I just realized that didn't make sense too. He's missing a lot because I lost interest in making him, and just wanted to get something done. I could honestly work on a sprite all day long if I didn't have other things to itnerupt me, and then while I'm preoccupied with other activities, I loose interest in projects like the halberdier, or this. or this

That kinda why I've stuck to body sprites. It's a bit easier to pick off from where you left off, and its a more short term project.

Ah yes, another lil update with the current project to address the hair shading issue. I was aware that the hair lacked a certain flare, but I was just intimidated as to go about it. Anyways some hair testin

alicehair.png

Yes and fencing is pretty cool, I even got to see a few bouts with rapier and dagger. It wasn't a dirk, and I can't remember it's name if it had one. It was like a parrying dagger that basically looked like a mini rapier. The sorry thing is that if I stayed in class this semester I could've promoted and been using a weapon other than the foil. =(

So I take it she's 80?

okay fine I'll try to elaborate.

her entire body proportions: torso, arms, etc.; they're all mismatched and off.

Her torso's too short, her arms are quite small, she looks too wide for her body.

And that's making her chest look all off because of it.

I really don't know what else to suggest other than to find more references and move stuff around, because that looks all wrong .-.

Edited by seph1212

Boobs are effected by gravity when not supported, just ask the developers of Dead or Alive. Although maybe I overdid hers for their size...

But yeah she is coming together a little dwarfish. I think its cause I tend to make my women on the short side, but I also like long legs...

I've been procrastinating from doing homework in a school computer lab for the last 2 and half hours and wound up doing this, so i didn't really use too many references.

Her waste is still in the middle of being adjusted cause her left (our right) arm/shoulder was waaaaaayyyyyyy off and AK was right.

Anyways thanks Seph, I'll try to work more n this tomorrow or whenever statistics ain't kick my arse.

But yeah she is coming together a little dwarfish. I think its cause I tend to make my women on the short side, but I also like long legs...

You can have long legs and still have a normal enough sized person. Just make her torso normal size and her legs a bit longer. But this one, the torso doesn't even seem normal size.

Boobs are effected by gravity when not supported, just ask the developers of Dead or Alive. Although maybe I overdid hers for their size...

Yes, I do realize this, but they're still a bit too far apart, and don't look much like actual breasts, more like saggy lumps of fat. And yes again I do know that they are affected by gravity when not supported, but that

that's still way too drastic of a gravity affect. That'd be like them being unsupported for thirty years or some shit like that. And even in medieval times, things like corsets existed to help give them some support. Not as much as a bra would in today's age, but a bit of support nonetheless

The shading's also not helping to make them look right. Though I will give you credit for trying to make smaller looking breasts, as it's harder to make them smaller than larger in art.

Soooooooooo

yeah ' x'

GOOD LUCK~

Edited by seph1212

1331334438[/url]' post='1884634']

As a woman who doesn't like bras I can attest that these are way too saggy.

I can second this. Edited by eCut

I gotta say thanks for the feed back even with me being a bit resilient and slow to update.

Nothing too special, just reshaped the boobs

post-2026-089295800 1331865794_thumb.png

Oh and something I've been dying to ask, how can photoshop help my spritng? I've tried try to switch but its so clunky. Its like taking a fighter jet to work when a car will get the job done with less prep time and less fiddling with weird control anf stuff.

Edited by Khrene Cleaver

-Layers

-Fill tool flexibility (contiguous checkbox)

-Layer masks just in case you fuck up and not enough undos

-having an underlying sketch layer where you don't have to pencil tool helps too

-Organisation (I like to keep every sprite I did in one PSD file and god it's so organised with all those folders)

You don't /need/ PS but I find it helpful. Layers is the biggest selling point.

Psst, use Paint.net. :B It's smaller than PS, but still has layers.

I just think PS is a bit too bulky for use with just sprites. Unless you do a lot of painting and graphics work as well, it's not really worth getting if you're just going to use it to pixel. You're better off getting something like GG or PdN, instead. It's a much smaller, more streamlined program.

I wanna say that I am a supporter of pnet. Free. Useful. Easy to use. 8D

Also, your lady's nose is kinda...bulbous. I also feel the features could stand by moving up a pixel.

l1q2.png

lolidk. I derped around on it for like 2 minutes. Maybe something like that.

The arms look a BIT too skinny for a girl with that body type. It does kinda give the impression of an older lady a la Seph saying she is a grandma. Apple with skinny arms is no bueno for a young woman...which her face implies.

• 4 weeks later...