Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

The last time I played this hack I didn't get past Chapter 7 due to a combination of damage issues, resource starvation, and a really bad Ragnar. Now I've been playing V2 and I noticed it's better, although there are still a few problems.

[spoiler=Big screenshot dump]DeathorGlory02.pngDeathorGlory01.png

Now that's better. One of my first gripes was Ragnar having no basic equipment and having to constantly trade-chain weapons between the three knights. Not being doubled by mercs at base is a plus too.

DeathorGlory04.png

Holy hit inflation, Batman

I noticed that pretty much everything got a hit buff. Not that I mind much, it helps deal with the lopsided hit-evade formulae and I don't miss whiffing with steel often. However I did notice that you left the Steel Sword/Lance's weight untouched while lowering the Steel Axe's. Might I suggest lowering their weights by a point or two?

DeathorGlory08.png

Guntram's new and not-deformed portrait is amazing. Just saying.

DeathorGlory09.pngDeathorGlory10.png

Okay, we have our first text errors here. Well, the first isn't really an error, but the comma feels unnecessary.

Also, I like the new map, and that half the map isn't a bottleneck. Speaking of that chapter...

DeathorGlory12.pngDeathorGlory11.png

I like that the civilians aren't as easy to point out anymore.

DeathorGlory17.png

That guy's eye is going to be in my nightmares ._.

DeathorGlory18.pngDeathorGlory19.png

That's better.

DeathorGlory20.png

Much better.

DeathorGlory21.png

And here's another positive change! Instead of being an unrewarding bastard to kill we get something for our troubles! It helps that he's not on terrain anymore.

DeathorGlory13.png

This is cathartic after having to put up with them in the last patch.

DeathorGlory14.png

Another unneeded comma.

DeathorGlory23.png

huh

DeathorGlory22.png

Better than Short Bows/10

DeathorGlory01-1.pngDeathorGlory02-1.png

And here we have a map that's inferior to the old version. This chapter is enormous, has lots of walls breaking it up, the chests are all over the place, and on top of it there are reinforcements. 20 turns is an awfully long time for an early-game map to drag on, never mind thirty. In hindsight I probably should have left Abner to take the nearest chest and let him catch up before recruiting him, but I doubt that would save that many turns.

At least the boss isn't Leygance level tedious anymore.

DeathorGlory04-1.png

"It's like he hasn't bathed a day in his life..." (AKA there are probably better words than "aroma")

DeathorGlory09-1.png

IIRC Donwik's mouth didn't move during this line.

DeathorGlory05-1.png

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

that was my biggest complaint in v1

DeathorGlory10-1.png

I think you meant to say "Zera robe" there.

DeathorGlory08-1.png

WRECKED

(P.S. Mel's situation is also a lot better)

I got nothing for Ch5 and 6.

DeathorGlory02-2.png

This map is such a pain with only one healer and a limited supply of potions. Doesn't help that the Khanjar cavs have a small crit chance on almost everyone and only Agro/Kai/Mil can damage them reliably.

DeathorGlory03-2.png

And it certainly didn't help that I had no idea where he would spawn, especially when Ragnar was on the other side of the map tanking the swordies near the starting position. At least his mooks turn coat with him, made subsequent attempts much easier.

DeathorGlory12-1.pngDeathorGlory05-2.png

Two things. First, "fights" should not have an s at the end, it's being used in a plural context. Second, "mighty power" is very redundant.

DeathorGlory08-2.png

/nitpick

DeathorGlory06-1.png

On another note, these Generals are godly. Tore through the brutes with frequent criticals while Godtram cleaned up any that weren't in reach.

DeathorGlory09-2.pngDeathorGlory10-2.png

And to round it out, have two more spelling errors. Both in the upper right corner. Some other nitpicks I didn't screen:

-10 Speed on Ch4 bandits is awfully high, they're faster than the mercenaries! Maybe lower their Speed by a point?

-The Swordreaver drop in Ch7 feels unnecessary considering we already have one and they're 25 uses each. Unless we're getting another axeman I'd rather receive something else.

-Give us something for Abner to steal please? Even if it's just potions that'd be great, more potions would be a boon during Ch7.

I'll have more feedback when I finish Ragnar's tale, including character feedback.

Overall I thought it was a marked improvement over V2, but it could still use some polishing. To that end, I think your first step is to find someone to proofread your script; the majority of problems are little spelling/grammar errors. The only chapter I felt needed major changes is 3, although 7 could be improved by reducing the number of WT reversers. I still don't like the gap between shops, although at least it's more tolerable with the new positions.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I played this hack I didn't get past Chapter 7 due to a combination of damage issues, resource starvation, and a really bad Ragnar. Now I've been playing V2 and I noticed it's better, although there are still a few problems.

[spoiler=Big screenshot dump]DeathorGlory02.pngDeathorGlory01.png

Now that's better. One of my first gripes was Ragnar having no basic equipment and having to constantly trade-chain weapons between the three knights. Not being doubled by mercs at base is a plus too.

DeathorGlory04.png

Holy hit inflation, Batman

I noticed that pretty much everything got a hit buff. Not that I mind much, it helps deal with the lopsided hit-evade formulae and I don't miss whiffing with steel often. However I did notice that you left the Steel Sword/Lance's weight untouched while lowering the Steel Axe's. Might I suggest lowering their weights by a point or two?

DeathorGlory08.png

Guntram's new and not-deformed portrait is amazing. Just saying.

DeathorGlory09.pngDeathorGlory10.png

Okay, we have our first text errors here. Well, the first isn't really an error, but the comma feels unnecessary.

Also, I like the new map, and that half the map isn't a bottleneck. Speaking of that chapter...

DeathorGlory12.pngDeathorGlory11.png

I like that the civilians aren't as easy to point out anymore.

DeathorGlory17.png

That guy's eye is going to be in my nightmares ._.

DeathorGlory18.pngDeathorGlory19.png

That's better.

DeathorGlory20.png

Much better.

DeathorGlory21.png

And here's another positive change! Instead of being an unrewarding bastard to kill we get something for our troubles! It helps that he's not on terrain anymore.

DeathorGlory13.png

This is cathartic after having to put up with them in the last patch.

DeathorGlory14.png

Another unneeded comma.

DeathorGlory23.png

huh

DeathorGlory22.png

Better than Short Bows/10

DeathorGlory01-1.pngDeathorGlory02-1.png

And here we have a map that's inferior to the old version. This chapter is enormous, has lots of walls breaking it up, the chests are all over the place, and on top of it there are reinforcements. 20 turns is an awfully long time for an early-game map to drag on, never mind thirty. In hindsight I probably should have left Abner to take the nearest chest and let him catch up before recruiting him, but I doubt that would save that many turns.

At least the boss isn't Leygance level tedious anymore.

DeathorGlory04-1.png

"It's like he hasn't bathed a day in his life..." (AKA there are probably better words than "aroma")

DeathorGlory09-1.png

IIRC Donwik's mouth didn't move during this line.

DeathorGlory05-1.png

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

that was my biggest complaint in v1

DeathorGlory10-1.png

I think you meant to say "Zera robe" there.

DeathorGlory08-1.png

WRECKED

(P.S. Mel's situation is also a lot better)

I got nothing for Ch5 and 6.

DeathorGlory02-2.png

This map is such a pain with only one healer and a limited supply of potions. Doesn't help that the Khanjar cavs have a small crit chance on almost everyone and only Agro/Kai/Mil can damage them reliably.

DeathorGlory03-2.png

And it certainly didn't help that I had no idea where he would spawn, especially when Ragnar was on the other side of the map tanking the swordies near the starting position. At least his mooks turn coat with him, made subsequent attempts much easier.

DeathorGlory12-1.pngDeathorGlory05-2.png

Two things. First, "fights" should not have an s at the end, it's being used in a plural context. Second, "mighty power" is very redundant.

DeathorGlory08-2.png

/nitpick

DeathorGlory06-1.png

On another note, these Generals are godly. Tore through the brutes with frequent criticals while Godtram cleaned up any that weren't in reach.

DeathorGlory09-2.pngDeathorGlory10-2.png

And to round it out, have two more spelling errors. Both in the upper right corner. Some other nitpicks I didn't screen:

-10 Speed on Ch4 bandits is awfully high, they're faster than the mercenaries! Maybe lower their Speed by a point?

-The Swordreaver drop in Ch7 feels unnecessary considering we already have one and they're 25 uses each. Unless we're getting another axeman I'd rather receive something else.

-Give us something for Abner to steal please? Even if it's just potions that'd be great, more potions would be a boon during Ch7.

I'll have more feedback when I finish Ragnar's tale, including character feedback.

Overall I thought it was a marked improvement over V2, but it could still use some polishing. To that end, I think your first step is to find someone to proofread your script; the majority of problems are little spelling/grammar errors. The only chapter I felt needed major changes is 3, although 7 could be improved by reducing the number of WT reversers. I still don't like the gap between shops, although at least it's more tolerable with the new positions.

Thank you for the major feedback. I know my grammer/spelling wasnt proofread as much as I wanted to due to lack of time. However, itll be all fixed for the next patch.

Uh, just a small thing here (in fact, you might not have to change it if you don't want to). In the chapter that you get Melanie, there's a village that you can visit in the center of the map where the guy will talk about Melanie, but if you visit the village with Melanie he doesn't say anything different (as if he were talking to someone who isn't Melanie). He was old, so I guess you could use the excuse that he has poor vision or something and it's at night. Also, I don't think the village closes when you're finished talking.

But yeah, that's what I have for now. Great hack so far, I'm on chapter 8 and I'm really enjoying it.

Uh, just a small thing here (in fact, you might not have to change it if you don't want to). In the chapter that you get Melanie, there's a village that you can visit in the center of the map where the guy will talk about Melanie, but if you visit the village with Melanie he doesn't say anything different (as if he were talking to someone who isn't Melanie). He was old, so I guess you could use the excuse that he has poor vision or something and it's at night. Also, I don't think the village closes when you're finished talking.

But yeah, that's what I have for now. Great hack so far, I'm on chapter 8 and I'm really enjoying it.

That sounds like a great idea. I think I might incorporate that lol.

Yeah the village doesnt close. That's intentional cuz you could revisit yellow houses unlimited amount of times.

EDIT: Thank you! Im glad that you enjoy the hack.

Edited by NYZgamer3

Glad you find it useful! Anyway, I completed the rest of the hack and I have more things to add.

[spoiler=More screenshots]DeathorGlory11-1.png

What's this doing in the Ch8 shop? Not like it would break the game in two, but it's rather expensive and would be better suited to the next shop.

Not much else to say on Ch8, it wasn't too bad aside from some untimely misses by Agro on one attempt.

DeathorGlory12-2.png

I thought Gaiden enemies gave no EXP? Looks like you missed one.

DeathorGlory13-1.png

By the way, consider moving one of the Door Keys to the Knight up here, Abner has plenty of Master Key uses to get the cells and I had to restart one because all my Door Keys went with Mil and Abner ._.

DeathorGlory01-2.png

Never expected a weapon with so few uses to be so clutch. (this chokepoint was really annoying)

DeathorGlory15-1.png

uh, okay (at least buying one in 8x wasn't a waste)

DeathorGlory14-1.png

Sure, why not? It's not like anything carries over between tales anyway. These were quite helpful when I needed to ORKO enemies (which was a lot in the next map).

DeathorGlory02-3.png

This was a godsend for the last leg of Ragnar's Tale.

DeathorGlory04-2.png

oops

DeathorGlory03.png

why

DeathorGlory05.png

Reaver weapons have really overstayed their welcome. (not shown: Tero getting critblicked by a Naginata)

Now for the final (and most frustrating) chapter...

DeathorGlory07-1.png

Well at least we know it's just the Brute enemies that are insane.

DeathorGlory08-3.png

He's holding back, I just know it. He has to be...

DeathorGlory06-2.png

Where's your A Support?

DeathorGlory09-3.png

First of all, wrong grammar.

Second, Donwik's the weakest link aside from Tero. More on that later.

DeathorGlory10-3.png

I thought this was supposed to be fixed?

DeathorGlory14-2.pngDeathorGlory15-2.png

This man deserves to be burned at the stake for calling reinforcement flooding "fun."

DeathorGlory16-1.png

Now, the reinforcements. Because I forgot to buy potions it was nearly impossible to split the party. Even with a full party I was having trouble getting through this without someone dying, and I only ended up making it through by making a break for this chokepoint, then killing the guys in front of the archer and parking Donwik there. This might not have been so bad if I was gaining levels, but I can understand you don't want to inflate everyone's levels even higher. Still, I think the reinforcements could be toned down a tad.

DeathorGlory18-1.png

This was a breath of fresh air after wading through an ocean of reinforcements.

DeathorGlory20-1.png

I wonder too, what with all these non-magical characters warping everywhere.

DeathorGlory19-1.png

Missing an A there too.

That wraps up Ragnar's Tale. Didn't have much to say about the next two chapters beyond Ch11 being on the spacious side.

DeathorGlory21-1.png

Episode 2: The Unnecessary Comma Strikes Back

DeathorGlory22-1.png

Misspelled supplies too.

DeathorGlory23-1.png

There better be an opportunity to restock in the next chapter.

DeathorGlory25.png

He could stand to join a little earlier, maybe like 2 or 3 turns, but at least Gid isn't the only one who can recruit him and I was sending Cassia back to grab him (he was getting the Hammer).

DeathorGlory26.png

Note to self: Faris gets the first Knight Crest.

DeathorGlory27.png

hax

DeathorGlory28.png

Wrong tense.

And that's everything. Now, I forgot to grab screenshots of the characters' stats but it's not hard to

Ragnar- Better than he was in my last runs for sure. A little slow at the end (although 11 Speed was acceptable) but he had really high Defense and hit horses like a truck with Homiyrus. Gave him the Speedwings at the very end.

Tero and Vidar- I think I got unlucky with Tero, he only had 10 Speed and his Defense was horrible. Meanwhile Vidar was a beast, tanked better than Donwik early on even if his Resistance is garbage. Gave him the Res booster and it helped in a couple places.

Rinoa- Healer, automatically clutch, rammed her level cap before I even got Physic. She was the glue that held the team together.

Donwik- Again I probably got heavily screwed here but it doesn't help that Vidar and Ragnar don't start too far behind him in Defense. Might I suggest either raising his base or lowering Vidar's by 1 point? 9 Def is awfully high for a level 1 cav...

Kai- Vast improvement over last patch, he even had one of the best offenses around midgame! His offenses kinda leveled out later, but his paper defenses also improved so it's not all bad.

Donwik- Mad strong, could ORKO Knights with a Steel Axe. His Speed was only mediocre and his Skl/Def weren't too great, he needed the Skill booster. But hey, I appreciated his high Luck once it started growing; maybe I got blessed?

Abner- For a blind or eye-glued-shut thief he had surprisingly good offense once trained, no doubt thanks to his high Speed. He could ORKO Archers and below once he got his hands on a Silver Sword.

Melanie- Decent for a Pegasus Knight, but she was rather slow... at least by PK standards. I probably got unlucky with her growth, she only grew Speed once... I was seriously considering giving her the Speedwing. >_> At least mages are pretty slow and she had Silver the last leg of the game. Gave her the Def booster.

Ilvari- Is this guy supposed to have high Defense or am I just blessed? He had 11 Defense at level 12, gave him the robe so he could capitalize on it. I would've traded it for Strength in a heartbeat though, he only gained 1 point on his own... gave him the Str booster too because I really want to use him.

Mil- Stats were nothing special but he was still a solid mage, glad you decided to buff his Magic. I regret buying him a second Thunder tome though, he didn't even finish the first.

Kiowa- Doesn't completely outclass Kai due to the former's higher Strength, but still came in handy due to his higher Speed and Con. He could double enemies that Kai couldn't and Silver helped patch his low Str.

Gid- Looking good, his above average Defense and axes are sure to come in handy. Destroys early-game soldiers.

Darek- Really top-heavy, he's already level 10 and hasn't gained much in the way of Luck/Def. Still, he ORKOs like a boss, even with Iron sometimes!

Cassia- If you have more magic than Clarine and you have Staff WEXP, you can't go wrong with troubadours. Next.

Erin- Very nice Speed, sufficient Str to ORKO the early mages, I'm okay with this... for now. That Con will be a problem when she needs Steel.

Lycus- Great softener, great defenses for this stage of the game. Can ORKO slower problem enemies, like Fighters and Knights.

Faris- Solid all-around stats, and he has axes on a horse. Can't wait to use more of him.

Ginger knight- Looks better than Donwik right now, but she only gained one level so far and it was bad. We'll see how she turns out.

Thief girl- Meh. Str/Def issues and will lose a ton of Speed from Steel. At least I have a pickpocketer until Abner comes back.

Monk- Would be more useful if he joined earlier, but his stats look decent and it looks like Light Magic has been improved. Maybe he'll impress me?

That was a mouthful. Anyway, that's the last I can say for awhile. If I decide to replay it and find anything else I'll be sure to post it.

Glad you find it useful! Anyway, I completed the rest of the hack and I have more things to add.

[spoiler=More screenshots]DeathorGlory11-1.png

What's this doing in the Ch8 shop? Not like it would break the game in two, but it's rather expensive and would be better suited to the next shop.

Not much else to say on Ch8, it wasn't too bad aside from some untimely misses by Agro on one attempt.

DeathorGlory12-2.png

I thought Gaiden enemies gave no EXP? Looks like you missed one.

DeathorGlory13-1.png

By the way, consider moving one of the Door Keys to the Knight up here, Abner has plenty of Master Key uses to get the cells and I had to restart one because all my Door Keys went with Mil and Abner ._.

DeathorGlory01-2.png

Never expected a weapon with so few uses to be so clutch. (this chokepoint was really annoying)

DeathorGlory15-1.png

uh, okay (at least buying one in 8x wasn't a waste)

DeathorGlory14-1.png

Sure, why not? It's not like anything carries over between tales anyway. These were quite helpful when I needed to ORKO enemies (which was a lot in the next map).

DeathorGlory02-3.png

This was a godsend for the last leg of Ragnar's Tale.

DeathorGlory04-2.png

oops

DeathorGlory03.png

why

DeathorGlory05.png

Reaver weapons have really overstayed their welcome. (not shown: Tero getting critblicked by a Naginata)

Now for the final (and most frustrating) chapter...

DeathorGlory07-1.png

Well at least we know it's just the Brute enemies that are insane.

DeathorGlory08-3.png

He's holding back, I just know it. He has to be...

DeathorGlory06-2.png

Where's your A Support?

DeathorGlory09-3.png

First of all, wrong grammar.

Second, Donwik's the weakest link aside from Tero. More on that later.

DeathorGlory10-3.png

I thought this was supposed to be fixed?

DeathorGlory14-2.pngDeathorGlory15-2.png

This man deserves to be burned at the stake for calling reinforcement flooding "fun."

DeathorGlory16-1.png

Now, the reinforcements. Because I forgot to buy potions it was nearly impossible to split the party. Even with a full party I was having trouble getting through this without someone dying, and I only ended up making it through by making a break for this chokepoint, then killing the guys in front of the archer and parking Donwik there. This might not have been so bad if I was gaining levels, but I can understand you don't want to inflate everyone's levels even higher. Still, I think the reinforcements could be toned down a tad.

DeathorGlory18-1.png

This was a breath of fresh air after wading through an ocean of reinforcements.

DeathorGlory20-1.png

I wonder too, what with all these non-magical characters warping everywhere.

DeathorGlory19-1.png

Missing an A there too.

That wraps up Ragnar's Tale. Didn't have much to say about the next two chapters beyond Ch11 being on the spacious side.

DeathorGlory21-1.png

Episode 2: The Unnecessary Comma Strikes Back

DeathorGlory22-1.png

Misspelled supplies too.

DeathorGlory23-1.png

There better be an opportunity to restock in the next chapter.

DeathorGlory25.png

He could stand to join a little earlier, maybe like 2 or 3 turns, but at least Gid isn't the only one who can recruit him and I was sending Cassia back to grab him (he was getting the Hammer).

DeathorGlory26.png

Note to self: Faris gets the first Knight Crest.

DeathorGlory27.png

hax

DeathorGlory28.png

Wrong tense.

And that's everything. Now, I forgot to grab screenshots of the characters' stats but it's not hard to

Ragnar- Better than he was in my last runs for sure. A little slow at the end (although 11 Speed was acceptable) but he had really high Defense and hit horses like a truck with Homiyrus. Gave him the Speedwings at the very end.

Tero and Vidar- I think I got unlucky with Tero, he only had 10 Speed and his Defense was horrible. Meanwhile Vidar was a beast, tanked better than Donwik early on even if his Resistance is garbage. Gave him the Res booster and it helped in a couple places.

Rinoa- Healer, automatically clutch, rammed her level cap before I even got Physic. She was the glue that held the team together.

Donwik- Again I probably got heavily screwed here but it doesn't help that Vidar and Ragnar don't start too far behind him in Defense. Might I suggest either raising his base or lowering Vidar's by 1 point? 9 Def is awfully high for a level 1 cav...

Kai- Vast improvement over last patch, he even had one of the best offenses around midgame! His offenses kinda leveled out later, but his paper defenses also improved so it's not all bad.

Donwik- Mad strong, could ORKO Knights with a Steel Axe. His Speed was only mediocre and his Skl/Def weren't too great, he needed the Skill booster. But hey, I appreciated his high Luck once it started growing; maybe I got blessed?

Abner- For a blind or eye-glued-shut thief he had surprisingly good offense once trained, no doubt thanks to his high Speed. He could ORKO Archers and below once he got his hands on a Silver Sword.

Melanie- Decent for a Pegasus Knight, but she was rather slow... at least by PK standards. I probably got unlucky with her growth, she only grew Speed once... I was seriously considering giving her the Speedwing. >_> At least mages are pretty slow and she had Silver the last leg of the game. Gave her the Def booster.

Ilvari- Is this guy supposed to have high Defense or am I just blessed? He had 11 Defense at level 12, gave him the robe so he could capitalize on it. I would've traded it for Strength in a heartbeat though, he only gained 1 point on his own... gave him the Str booster too because I really want to use him.

Mil- Stats were nothing special but he was still a solid mage, glad you decided to buff his Magic. I regret buying him a second Thunder tome though, he didn't even finish the first.

Kiowa- Doesn't completely outclass Kai due to the former's higher Strength, but still came in handy due to his higher Speed and Con. He could double enemies that Kai couldn't and Silver helped patch his low Str.

Gid- Looking good, his above average Defense and axes are sure to come in handy. Destroys early-game soldiers.

Darek- Really top-heavy, he's already level 10 and hasn't gained much in the way of Luck/Def. Still, he ORKOs like a boss, even with Iron sometimes!

Cassia- If you have more magic than Clarine and you have Staff WEXP, you can't go wrong with troubadours. Next.

Erin- Very nice Speed, sufficient Str to ORKO the early mages, I'm okay with this... for now. That Con will be a problem when she needs Steel.

Lycus- Great softener, great defenses for this stage of the game. Can ORKO slower problem enemies, like Fighters and Knights.

Faris- Solid all-around stats, and he has axes on a horse. Can't wait to use more of him.

Ginger knight- Looks better than Donwik right now, but she only gained one level so far and it was bad. We'll see how she turns out.

Thief girl- Meh. Str/Def issues and will lose a ton of Speed from Steel. At least I have a pickpocketer until Abner comes back.

Monk- Would be more useful if he joined earlier, but his stats look decent and it looks like Light Magic has been improved. Maybe he'll impress me?

That was a mouthful. Anyway, that's the last I can say for awhile. If I decide to replay it and find anything else I'll be sure to post it.

More useful feedback. Appreciate it X-Naut.

Im glad that you got the chance to play my hack and hope you enjoyed it :)

Is the nunbien supposed to act as a reaver type weapon? The accuracy of it is low whenever I try to use it against lance users.

Yes, it is a reaver weapon. It also happens to be a Wolf Beil clone (i.e: it deals effective damage to ponies and tin cans, who generally use lances.) How ironic.

* The irony here is that while it deals effective damage to tin cans/ponies, you generally ~3HKO them at shaky hit rates due to the double WTD.

Is the nunbien supposed to act as a reaver type weapon? The accuracy of it is low whenever I try to use it against lance users.

Yes, it is a reaver weapon. It also happens to be a Wolf Beil clone (i.e: it deals effective damage to ponies and tin cans, who generally use lances.) How ironic.

* The irony here is that while it deals effective damage to tin cans/ponies, you generally ~3HKO them at shaky hit rates due to the double WTD.

Basically what GJ said lol.

It's a reaver weapon strong against swords, but also effective against cavaliers and knights

Anyway I've finished what's been released so far. I felt that chapter 10 ended up dragging on too long and became exhausting (though it doesn't seem very changed from the previous release). I think this is because you're pretty much backed into a corner by all the reinforcements coming in, and the remainder of the chapter involves taking a lot of turns to get through the rest of the map in order to fight Rashka.

However, after that i feel the quality increased for the following chapters. It felt like pretty much all of the characters in Gid's story had their purpose and ended up turning out well for me (at least from the few chapters that were available). The ending of chapter 13 definitely has me intrigued to continue the rest of the story when it's available.

In Ragnar's tale I feel that Donwik is a bit too slow and doesn't have the def stats to justify his usage. In fact, Vidar seems to fufill that role already in addition to having better movement and use of swords (plus he ended up with better speed and def as well). Also, I think Kai got screwed for me because he didn't start gaining speed level ups until very later on (Kiowa turned out to be much better for me).

In contrast to Donwik, the female armour knight Philomena felt like a great improvement over him and an armour knight i actually wanted to use.

Anyway, that's my critique so far.

Anyway I've finished what's been released so far. I felt that chapter 10 ended up dragging on too long and became exhausting (though it doesn't seem very changed from the previous release). I think this is because you're pretty much backed into a corner by all the reinforcements coming in, and the remainder of the chapter involves taking a lot of turns to get through the rest of the map in order to fight Rashka.

However, after that i feel the quality increased for the following chapters. It felt like pretty much all of the characters in Gid's story had their purpose and ended up turning out well for me (at least from the few chapters that were available). The ending of chapter 13 definitely has me intrigued to continue the rest of the story when it's available.

In Ragnar's tale I feel that Donwik is a bit too slow and doesn't have the def stats to justify his usage. In fact, Vidar seems to fufill that role already in addition to having better movement and use of swords (plus he ended up with better speed and def as well). Also, I think Kai got screwed for me because he didn't start gaining speed level ups until very later on (Kiowa turned out to be much better for me).

In contrast to Donwik, the female armour knight Philomena felt like a great improvement over him and an armour knight i actually wanted to use.

Anyway, that's my critique so far.

Thanks for the critique Ryan.

I'll have to make little changes for Ragnars story for the next patch. Might have to think of another chapter design for chapter 3 lol.

While I'm here, I'm going to add my own critique.

Overall, I'll give your hack a 9.5/10, since the story's pretty interesting (especially with the trap that Drogan and Rashka set up for Ragnar at the end of his tale) and the game is difficult enough for my tastes. The only thing destroying your bid for a 10 is that there are multiple errors in the script, but it's nothing major.

As for the maps, definitely a major improvement over the last patch, with the exception of Ch3. Since I'm not so good at explaining things, I'll give a rundown:

[spoiler=Maps]

Chapter 1: I forget what the old map looked like, but I do remember getting bottlenecked somewhere. Thank god the path was widened.

Chapter 2: Only real change here is that Agro and Kai are now controllable this map instead of the next map in the last patch. Also, the boss gives a red gem. Cool.

Chapter 3: And... here's where you dropped the bomb. I found this map to be worse than the last version, since the map is about as large as PFoD, and you have to go in and around buildings to get anywhere. Abner's placement also kind of sucks seeing as he spawns way off the beaten path whereas in the last map, he spawns on the path that most players would take. And I can tell ya, dragging Ragnar's ass over to that building and back is a colossal pain in the ass, given this map's size.

Chapter 4: Another improvement. Melanie's spawning point is certainly a lot more favorable than last time (last patch, she was literally surrounded by enemies, whereas now, only one guy's attacking her.) The boss is also a bit easier to deal with since he doesn't move (he's pretty tough as it is due to having 28 Atk/11 AS.)

Chapter 5: Yeah, let's be quite honest, that last map had no real ingenuity. In any case, Mil's a bit easier to recruit here, since he doesn't spawn where the heavy reinforcements are (then again, I don't remember the last maps too well.)

Chapter 6: No changes here, except that Sev is now a merc instead of an archer.

Chapter 7: I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, the chests are a LOT easier to grab, since they are no longer behind cracked walls, and one doesn't have to split up in order to grab those chests in a timely manner. On the other hand, Kiowa's spawn point is somewhat inconvenient due to how far the player will be from them by that point, and even with 7 move, it does take them a while to catch up to your party.

Chapter 8: I will say, thank god the placements of the houses were changed. Before, you basically had to go out of your way to get at them, but now they can be visited on the way to the boss.

Chapter 8x and 9: No real changes here.

Chapter 10: Only one real change here, this one being the removal of the cracked wall on the west side and replaced it with an opening. This makes it significantly easier to grab the contents of the west chest and beat the map in a timely manner.

Chapter 11: Ok map. I like how you can either go straight for the exit after freeing Gid, or you can try going for the Almace chest. I'm not gonna lie, though. The boss guarding that chest is kinda tough, since he 2HKO's Jared while taking negligible damage from Gid while 3HKOing him.

Chapter 12: Another standard earlygame map. No real changes are needed here.

Chapter 13: I can't really comment on this one. At any rate, it is a fairly well designed map.

Ok, onto characters. First off, I'm going to list the stats I got for them in my run of the game, then talk about them in a little more detail.

[spoiler=Ragnar Mode Units]

Name       Class         T1 T2 HP SM Sk Sp Lk Df Rs Cn
Ragnar     Soldier       13  0 36 16 13 15  9 13  7  9
Tero       Cavalier      12  0 33 13 15 17  4 12  3  9
Vidar      Cavalier      12  0 36 17 12 13  8 15  2  9
Rinoa      Cleric        20  0 25 16 13 14 18  3 20  4
Agro       Fighter       16  0 42 20 11 14  6 13  3 12
Kai        Archer        13  0 31 16 17 14  6  9  1  7
Donwik     Armor Knight  17  0 39 19 14  8  7 20  4 14
Abner      Thief          7  0 26  6  9 14  8  6  2  6
Melanie    Peg. Knight   11  0 26 11 13 16 13  8 12  6
Iivari     Myrmidon      13  0 36 12 19 20  8 11  4  7
Mil        Mage          13  0 28 15  9 13  8  5 11  6
Kiowa      Nomad          8  0 26  9 11 13  7  8  5  9

Resource allocation:

Zera Robe: Iivari

Art Scroll: Sold

Speedwing: Ragnar

Pendant: Melanie

Energystone: Melanie

Regis Shield: Tero

Ragnar Mode Unit Summary:

Ragnar: Ok, his bases are MUCH improved over his past self. HP base is a little lower, but he's still quite well rounded.

Tero: The fast/skillful cav definitely lives up to his name, and Tero has good speed in addition to decent strength. I will admit, his durability is somewhat shoddy compared to Vidar's, but even so, it's still decent by this hack's standards.

Vidar: The other cav, this one focuses on strength, much like Sain. His doubling's generally quite shaky, but 2HKOing things from the start definitely helps. Also, he has surprisingly good physical bulk for his class.

Rinoa: Healer. Nuff said, really.

Agro: His doubling is still shaky (even if his speed growth did get buffed), but it honestly doesn't matter to him as he 2HKOs everything anyway. His defense got nerfed from the last patch, but it's still decent by the standards of his class, and high HP keeps him durable anyway.

Kai: Overall, he was buffed immensely, seeing as he sucked ass last patch. He kind of reminds me of Wil statwise, but with better speed (and everything else, really.) Furthermore, he's a lot more useful in this patch, seeing as javelins and hand axes were nerfed down to their FE12 versions.

Donwik: He was still relatively useful as a tank, but he pales in usefulness compared to Vidar, who has defense almost as good (well, Donwik wins base by 3 and growth by 15), but has almost double his movement. His speed growth is also quite sad, but that's to be expected of his class.

Abner: The only use I had for him was to collect chests and steal shit, but there's not really a whole hell of a lot to steal. Besides, you get more than enough chest key uses to get most of the relevant stuff in Ragnar's mode. As for his combat, it's pretty bad due to low str+swords, as well as him not being able to take hits properly. But, then again, who uses a thief as a main combat unit anyway?!

Melanie: Overall, she's decent. Her speed is good enough to double, but her strength is somewhat low, so she can't ORKO without stronger weapons, which weigh her down due to a shoddy con. She also cannot take hits very well, but that's simply a consequence of her class. As far as flier utility goes, it's really only relevant in Ch5, where she can ferry someone over to the boss after the first crossing, and Chapter 9, where she can ferry someone over the river and/or get the physic house before the pirate can demolish it.

Iivari: He's a lot more useful than Abner as a mainline sword user, largely due to his superior bases, but also his growths are quite a bit better too. I also found that he gets a surprising amount of defense for his class.

Mil: Overall, I'd say he's buffed. His magic growth got nerfed, but in exchange, his bases are a lot better. Magic's pretty useful in this hack too, seeing as armors are bulky fucks that never seem to die in one round from anyone not named Agro or Ragnar.

Kiowa: Haven't really used him, but it's good to know that his bases are no longer shit.

[spoiler=Gid Mode Units]

Gid        Brawler        9  0 30 15  8 10  7 14  2 12
Jared      Merc           9  0 32 13 14 14  5  8  1 11
Lycus      Paladin       --  1 29 12 10  9  7 11  5 11
Kassia     Troubadour     6  0 20  6  6  8  9  4  8  4
Erin       Archer         6  0 23  9 11 12  4  6  3  5
Faris      Axe Knight     6  0 27 12  6 10  5 11  0 10
Philomena  Armor Knight   8  0 26 11  8  6  8 14  5 11
Senka      Thief          4  0 22  5  8 13  5  3  5  5
Ceri       Monk           5  0 25  8  6  8  7  4 11  7

Gid Mode Unit Summary:

Gid: Gid's pretty awesome. He's basically Hector, but with better speed. His prf is a mixed bag; while it has effective bonuses on ponies and tin cans, it's not as effective on them as I'd like, since it's also a reaver weapon.

Jared: Jared is also quite bro. He's one of the few people in Gid's mode as of the current patch to double and ORKO shit consistently. However, this is in exchange for him being somewhat of a glass cannon early on until his HP growth kicks in.

Lycus: Lycus is a good Jeigan. He basically 2HKO's everything for like the entire earlygame, but his speed doesn't allow him to double consistently. His bulk also allows him to act as a tank when good defensive units are hard to come by. As far as growths go, while I haven't leveled him yet, his growths don't seem to be along the likes of FE6 Marcus, but they aren't super ridiculous like Seth's are, which is good.

Kassia: Standard troubadour is standard. Her magic is lower than Rinoa's, but makes up for it by having higher evasion. Concrete durability is still ass, though.

Erin: Erin is about as useful here as Kai was in Ragnar's mode. That is to say, she's decent due to having passable offenses, and she's the only one that has 1-2 range in Ch12 and the first half of Ch13. As far as stats go, her build is more akin to Rebecca's than Wil's.

Faris: This is interesting. This guy has rather solid offenses combined with good physical bulk. The best way to describe him is 'Gid on a horse'.

Philomena: I mostly used her to tank hits in Ch13, and she's pretty good at doing so. She doesn't hit as hard as Donwik at equal levels, but has better skill, speed and luck than him.

Senka: See Abner, but her combat is less forgivable.

Ceri: He's fairly solid as far as magic users go. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as Mil does, but makes up for it with better magic bulk, which could come in handy depending on how strong enemy casters are in later chapters.

The last thing to talk about is one last question: When can we expect the next version of the patch to come out?

That is all.

Edited by General James

While I'm here, I'm going to add my own critique.

Overall, I'll give your hack a 9.5/10, since the story's pretty interesting (especially with the trap that Drogan and Rashka set up for Ragnar at the end of his tale) and the game is difficult enough for my tastes. The only thing destroying your bid for a 10 is that there are multiple errors in the script, but it's nothing major.

As for the maps, definitely a major improvement over the last patch, with the exception of Ch3. Since I'm not so good at explaining things, I'll give a rundown:

[spoiler=Maps]

Chapter 1: I forget what the old map looked like, but I do remember getting bottlenecked somewhere. Thank god the path was widened.

Chapter 2: Only real change here is that Agro and Kai are now controllable this map instead of the next map in the last patch. Also, the boss gives a red gem. Cool.

Chapter 3: And... here's where you dropped the bomb. I found this map to be worse than the last version, since the map is about as large as PFoD, and you have to go in and around buildings to get anywhere. Abner's placement also kind of sucks seeing as he spawns way off the beaten path whereas in the last map, he spawns on the path that most players would take. And I can tell ya, dragging Ragnar's ass over to that building and back is a colossal pain in the ass, given this map's size.

Chapter 4: Another improvement. Melanie's spawning point is certainly a lot more favorable than last time (last patch, she was literally surrounded by enemies, whereas now, only one guy's attacking her.) The boss is also a bit easier to deal with since he doesn't move (he's pretty tough as it is due to having 28 Atk/11 AS.)

Chapter 5: Yeah, let's be quite honest, that last map had no real ingenuity. In any case, Mil's a bit easier to recruit here, since he doesn't spawn where the heavy reinforcements are (then again, I don't remember the last maps too well.)

Chapter 6: No changes here, except that Sev is now a merc instead of an archer.

Chapter 7: I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, the chests are a LOT easier to grab, since they are no longer behind cracked walls, and one doesn't have to split up in order to grab those chests in a timely manner. On the other hand, Kiowa's spawn point is somewhat inconvenient due to how far the player will be from them by that point, and even with 7 move, it does take them a while to catch up to your party.

Chapter 8: I will say, thank god the placements of the houses were changed. Before, you basically had to go out of your way to get at them, but now they can be visited on the way to the boss.

Chapter 8x and 9: No real changes here.

Chapter 10: Only one real change here, this one being the removal of the cracked wall on the west side and replaced it with an opening. This makes it significantly easier to grab the contents of the west chest and beat the map in a timely manner.

Chapter 11: Ok map. I like how you can either go straight for the exit after freeing Gid, or you can try going for the Almace chest. I'm not gonna lie, though. The boss guarding that chest is kinda tough, since he 2HKO's Jared while taking negligible damage from Gid while 3HKOing him.

Chapter 12: Another standard earlygame map. No real changes are needed here.

Chapter 13: I can't really comment on this one. At any rate, it is a fairly well designed map.

Ok, onto characters. First off, I'm going to list the stats I got for them in my run of the game, then talk about them in a little more detail.

[spoiler=Ragnar Mode Units]

Ragnar     Soldier       13  0 36 16 13 15  9 13  7  9
Tero       Cavalier      12  0 33 13 15 17  4 12  3  9
Vidar      Cavalier      12  0 36 17 12 13  8 15  2  9
Rinoa      Cleric        20  0 25 16 13 14 18  3 20  4
Agro       Fighter       16  0 42 20 11 14  6 13  3 12
Kai        Archer        13  0 31 16 17 14  6  9  1  7
Donwik     Armor Knight  17  0 39 19 14  8  7 20  4 14
Abner      Thief          7  0 26  6  9 14  8  6  2  6
Melanie    Peg. Knight   11  0 26 11 13 16 13  8 12  6
Iivari     Myrmidon      13  0 36 12 19 20  8 11  4  7
Mil        Mage          13  0 28 15  9 13  8  5 11  6
Kiowa      Nomad          8  0 26  9 11 13  7  8  5  9

Resource allocation:

Zera Robe: Iivari

Art Scroll: Sold

Speedwing: Ragnar

Pendant: Melanie

Energystone: Melanie

Regis Shield: Tero

Ragnar Mode Unit Summary:

Ragnar: Ok, his bases are MUCH improved over his past self. HP base is a little lower, but he's still quite well rounded.

Tero: The fast/skillful cav definitely lives up to his name, and Tero has good speed in addition to decent strength. I will admit, his durability is somewhat shoddy compared to Vidar's, but even so, it's still decent by this hack's standards.

Vidar: The other cav, this one focuses on strength, much like Sain. His doubling's generally quite shaky, but 2HKOing things from the start definitely helps. Also, he has surprisingly good physical bulk for his class.

Rinoa: Healer. Nuff said, really.

Agro: His doubling is still shaky (even if his speed growth did get buffed), but it honestly doesn't matter to him as he 2HKOs everything anyway. His defense got nerfed from the last patch, but it's still decent by the standards of his class, and high HP keeps him durable anyway.

Kai: Overall, he was buffed immensely, seeing as he sucked ass last patch. He kind of reminds me of Wil statwise, but with better speed (and everything else, really.) Furthermore, he's a lot more useful in this patch, seeing as javelins and hand axes were nerfed down to their FE12 versions.

Donwik: He was still relatively useful as a tank, but he pales in usefulness compared to Vidar, who has defense almost as good (well, Donwik wins base by 3 and growth by 15), but has almost double his movement. His speed growth is also quite sad, but that's to be expected of his class.

Abner: The only use I had for him was to collect chests and steal shit, but there's not really a whole hell of a lot to steal. Besides, you get more than enough chest key uses to get most of the relevant stuff in Ragnar's mode. As for his combat, it's pretty bad due to low str+swords, as well as him not being able to take hits properly. But, then again, who uses a thief as a main combat unit anyway?!

Melanie: Overall, she's decent. Her speed is good enough to double, but her strength is somewhat low, so she can't ORKO without stronger weapons, which weigh her down due to a shoddy con. She also cannot take hits very well, but that's simply a consequence of her class. As far as flier utility goes, it's really only relevant in Ch5, where she can ferry someone over to the boss after the first crossing, and Chapter 9, where she can ferry someone over the river and/or get the physic house before the pirate can demolish it.

Iivari: He's a lot more useful than Abner as a mainline sword user, largely due to his superior bases, but also his growths are quite a bit better too. I also found that he gets a surprising amount of defense for his class.

Mil: Overall, I'd say he's buffed. His magic growth got nerfed, but in exchange, his bases are a lot better. Magic's pretty useful in this hack too, seeing as armors are bulky fucks that never seem to die in one round from anyone not named Agro or Ragnar.

Kiowa: Haven't really used him, but it's good to know that his bases are no longer shit.

[spoiler=Gid Mode Units]

Gid        Brawler        9  0 30 15  8 10  7 14  2 12
Jared      Merc           9  0 32 13 14 14  5  8  1 11
Lycus      Paladin       --  1 29 12 10  9  7 11  5 11
Kassia     Troubadour     6  0 20  6  6  8  9  4  8  4
Erin       Archer         6  0 23  9 11 12  4  6  3  5
Faris      Axe Knight     6  0 27 12  6 10  5 11  0 10
Philomena  Armor Knight   8  0 26 11  8  6  8 14  5 11
Senka      Thief          4  0 22  5  8 13  5  3  5  5
Ceri       Monk           5  0 25  8  6  8  7  4 11  7

Gid Mode Unit Summary:

Gid: Gid's pretty awesome. He's basically Hector, but with better speed. His prf is a mixed bag; while it has effective bonuses on ponies and tin cans, it's not as effective on them as I'd like, since it's also a reaver weapon.

Jared: Jared is also quite bro. He's one of the few people in Gid's mode as of the current patch to double and ORKO shit consistently. However, this is in exchange for him being somewhat of a glass cannon early on until his HP growth kicks in.

Lycus: Lycus is a good Jeigan. He basically 2HKO's everything for like the entire earlygame, but his speed doesn't allow him to double consistently. His bulk also allows him to act as a tank when good defensive units are hard to come by. As far as growths go, while I haven't leveled him yet, his growths don't seem to be along the likes of FE6 Marcus, but they aren't super ridiculous like Seth's are, which is good.

Kassia: Standard troubadour is standard. Her magic is lower than Rinoa's, but makes up for it by having higher evasion. Concrete durability is still ass, though.

Erin: Erin is about as useful here as Kai was in Ragnar's mode. That is to say, she's decent due to having passable offenses, and she's the only one that has 1-2 range in Ch12 and the first half of Ch13. As far as stats go, her build is more akin to Rebecca's than Wil's.

Faris: This is interesting. This guy has rather solid offenses combined with good physical bulk. The best way to describe him is 'Gid on a horse'.

Philomena: I mostly used her to tank hits in Ch13, and she's pretty good at doing so. She doesn't hit as hard as Donwik at equal levels, but has better skill, speed and luck than him.

Senka: See Abner, but her combat is less forgivable.

Ceri: He's fairly solid as far as magic users go. He doesn't hit nearly as hard as Mil does, but makes up for it with better magic bulk, which could come in handy depending on how strong enemy casters are in later chapters.

The last thing to talk about is one last question: When can we expect the next version of the patch to come out?

That is all.

Thanks GJ for the feedback and critique. Much appreciate.

Well now that im on break, I will have a little more time to work on changes that need to be worked on and moving forward to the split routes and etc. I have lots of new custom work coming out as we speak so it will be a good production to it. I cant say exactly when it'll come out but I can say probably up to chapter 17 or 18 I might release another patch. I'll update my progress from time to time so just stay tuned and in no time the next patch will be released :)

Are the death quotes suppose to have been updated? Tero dying due to my forgetting that doubling everything doesn't make you indestructable has him reciting kent's death quotes (lyn being ragnar).

Solid hack so far (at Ch2), quite improved from last time. You've gotten it to a point where things you could improve on aren't obvious, so props. Haven't played a hack in months, so the sign that I'm still playing is good.

Are the death quotes suppose to have been updated? Tero dying due to my forgetting that doubling everything doesn't make you indestructable has him reciting kent's death quotes (lyn being ragnar).

Solid hack so far (at Ch2), quite improved from last time. You've gotten it to a point where things you could improve on aren't obvious, so props. Haven't played a hack in months, so the sign that I'm still playing is good.

No, the death quotes are not updated. I stated it when I posted my update about the release of Ver. 2.0 lol.

Thank you, I appreciate it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Upon death, units seem to retain quotes from the original FE7 - for example, when Kai dies, he uses Wil's death quote.

No, the death quotes are not updated. I stated it when I posted my update about the release of Ver. 2.0 lol.

I can understand wanting to report an error, but come on, it's literally the post directly above yours. At least make an attempt to see if the problem was addressed before making a post about it, honey. :/

I played through what you've released, NYZgamer, and I really found your hack enjoyable. The story, character and map design, and music were all pretty great (with the exception of chapter 3, but I think people have already mentioned that... I barely pushed through that chapter).

Do you have any idea what sort of length this hack will be in terms of chapters? It feels like it could provide a pretty lengthy story from what you've presented in it so far.

Anyways, nice work. I look forward to future patches!

I played through what you've released, NYZgamer, and I really found your hack enjoyable. The story, character and map design, and music were all pretty great (with the exception of chapter 3, but I think people have already mentioned that... I barely pushed through that chapter).

Do you have any idea what sort of length this hack will be in terms of chapters? It feels like it could provide a pretty lengthy story from what you've presented in it so far.

Anyways, nice work. I look forward to future patches!

Thank you! I appreciate it :)

I plan on having at least 30 chapters. Maybe more depending on how the story goes.

• 2 weeks later...

*Progress Update*

Chapter 14A:

14a2_zpsae6be1e2.png14a1_zpsff2516d4.png

Chapter 14B:

14b1_zpsbc017c54.png

Credits: Aura Wolf for 14A Map.

Route chapters are in progress right now. 14A is about 45% done and 14B is just the map as of now. As you see in chapter 14A, there is a merchant! YAY! For those who were wondering when this is about to happen. Either routes you take, you will get a Merchant before anyone asks lol. 15A and 15B maps are done and will show next time when I have more progress on them. :)

Hey NYZGamer, this game is great. I was just playing through it again, when I suddenly saw this in chapter 8:

gE3qPhl.png

Haha, what happened?

Hey NYZGamer, this game is great. I was just playing through it again, when I suddenly saw this in chapter 8:

gE3qPhl.png

Haha, what happened?

Idk. Didnt know what I was thinking lmao.

I fixed it already though, so that's not going to be a problem :)

Talking about the port map structure right? lol

Edited by NYZgamer3